Viewing 44 reply threads

• Author

• casren

Participant

Licht is awful. Now you are starting to understand.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Bueller??

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

I mean… just looks at all the moves he has completed. Oh… wait… none. He has actually managed to complete not a single upgrade anywhere. Amazing.

Please wait…

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

I mean… just looks at all the moves he has completed. Oh… wait… none. He has actually managed to complete not a single upgrade anywhere. Amazing.

Yo donkey! You do realize all these “signings” are just agreed to terms, right? No signings have actually happened. Fuggin’ dumb donk…

We always sign a few good names…it will happen again. If he’s a dead man walking he’s even more likely to pull the trigger more.

Us locking up Mike for lower than his actual market is the biggest news so far…that’s a huge fill.

Calm down and wait 3-5 days…shit will happen.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Lol. This guy fails as often as Aguayo misses kicks.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

I mean this is Licht’s 5th offseason as GM. How has he done at building a dominant defensive line? Who do we have? Or a dominant offensive line? Who do we have?

According to ESPN, the Bucs averaged 2.9 yards a carry over the last two years, generated the lowest number of sacks last year, gave up the highest completion percentage last year, and gave up the most passing yards a game last year.

While this poster is rather crazy, maybe we are crazy for having any semblance of confidence in Licht.

Please wait…

• bucball1

Participant

I’m telling you now they go in with the same team as last year 4-12 only difference is the same players on the team got paid mark my words Cleveland will beat them this year you can bank on that

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

None of the worthwhile defensive players have signed. What the hell are you people mad about?

Please wait…

• xistand4thisx

Participant

We should have signed Le’Veon Bell, Richard Sherman and Ezekiel Ansah and traded for Michael Bennett, Robert Quinn. All of this should have been done BEFORE the first official day of FA, 44 days before the draft, and 181 days before the regular season kicks off.

Signed
      Casren

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Xistand4thisx
      Mar 13, 18 at 2:55 pm #1067378
      We should have signed Le’Veon Bell, Richard Sherman and Ezekiel Ansah and traded for Michael Bennett, Robert Quinn. All of this should have been done BEFORE the first official day of FA, 44 days before the draft, and 181 days before the regular season kicks off.

Signed
      Casren

Don’t forget that we should be throwing $20M+ per year at Suh. You know…because…you know…he’s like a big name and stuff.

Please wait…

• notabucsfan

Participant

So the only players to really be signed are players for positions that aren’t needs and you are having a toddler like melt down over it? Basically every defensive player and offensive lineman is still available outside of Norwell who just got extremely overpaid.

Please wait…

• acacius

Participant

While this poster is rather crazy, maybe we are crazy for having any semblance of confidence in Licht.

Sure. I don’t think many people object to folks [calmly] having lost faith with Licht. I think there’s definitely room between having blind trust in him and making unrealistic, histrionic-filled rants.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

DonkeyHunter
      Mar 13, 18 at 3:19 pm #1067393
      Xistand4thisx
      Mar 13, 18 at 2:55 pm #1067378

Signed
      Casren

Don’t forget that we should be throwing $20M+ per year at Suh. You know…because…you know…he’s like a big name and stuff.

Only for Suh to play NT in a 34 defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m confused. Is it the poster that you’re flaming or is it Licht you’re defending?

Licht has been awful so far. He needs to land a splash defensive player or have the draft of a lifetime.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

Casren
      Mar 13, 18 at 1:56 pm #1067333

Free Agency begins tomorrow, right? You might want to wait until then before having a cow.

Please wait…

• blackat1515

Participant

My dude!!! You have to chill alittle bit, he has Sign some very important Buccaneers. These signings are key, upgrades will come but just relax alittle, I am sure the D-Line, OLine and RB will be taking care of tomorrow alittle after 4 pm

Please wait…

• T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Participant

THE DRAFT IS IN A MONTH AND WE HAVENT MADE A SINGLE PICK WAKE UP JASON LIGHTS

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

I appreciate the restraint, personally. There aren’t really any free agents available that are going to make the Bucs a complete juggernaught overnight. Let the market play out a little bit and find a corner, a guard, and maybe a RB. Keep all your draft picks or get more picks and fill the holes that way.

Please wait…

• Jr.3

Participant

I’d rather pay our own players that have produced then to overpay for a name just to get the casual fan excited.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But our own players have produced mediocrity…

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Can you please explain this in more detail?

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

BTW… I have not advocated for signing Le’Veon Bell, Richard Sherman and Ezekiel Ansah or trading for Michael Bennett, Robert Quinn.

I have said this over and over again:

1). We went into this offseason needing 9 starters. In other words, there were 9 spots on this team that were lacking quality starters in: 2 OL, 2 CB, 1 S, at lest 2 DL, 1 RB, and 1PK. Fill that many holes in one offseason is nearly impossible. He has massively mismanaged the roster by drafting very poorly in round 5-7 and repeatedly signing FA’s that he thinks he is getting at a bargain. These signing – which have repeatedly been for players that other teams didn’t consider top-tier talent – have been atrocious.

2). There is no way to draft 9 starters. Good teams look to draft 1 starter and draft other guys to develop. If we are lucky, we will draft 3 starters.

3). The good news is that there are quality FA’s at several positions of need: OL, CB, S, RB. Licht resigned Grimes to play one CB. I’m OK with that, so long as we all understand he should no longer be covering #1 WR’s. We need to sign another CB, who is better than Grimes, to do that. There are several to choose from. There are also plenty of quality OL, RB, and S candidates. For the record, regardless of what other posters have written about me, I have not advocated for signing or trading for older players… except 1.

4). That brings me to the one player I would sign, even if it costs a lot – Suh. He is still a top-five DT, and those are very hard to obtain. But, Licht won’t do it. Instead, he will again assume that he can sign someone who “has potential.” Suh and McCoy would destroy other teams up the middle. They would make our DE’s look a LOT better.

5). For the sake of argument, let’s say Licht kills it over the next two days, and he signs 1 good CB, 1 good S, 1 good RB, and 2 good OL. That would mean that we would still need to draft at least one good edge-rusher, one good DT (unless we somehow sign Suh), and 1 good PK (no good FA’s left). That is a very tall order… and probably impossible.

7). So, the other factor that Licht could/should have been exploring all along is trading. Trading candidates would include: a) Jackson – our cap-space is now foolishly weighted towards a position that is of relatively low importance. WR’s don’t win championships, and Godwin can be a #2 WR all day long. Trade DJax for a CB, S, or draft pick. Someone will want him. He is a good player. b) Alexander – I like his game a lot… but we should not sign him next year for what he is worth. Why? Because again, we have his replacement under contract under the rookie scale. Teams do not win championships because of LB play… and this is a position we already have good talent in. Drafting another LB on the rookie scale is not nearly as hard as drafting other positions. For instance, when is the last 1-3 round LB we drafted who was a flop? Trading Alexander now would be something the Pats would do all day long. c) Trade Hargraves. He still has some value. Not sure how much. If we can get a 3rd round pick for him, I would do it. If not, then keep him.

The way you win in the NFL is by having a franchise QB (I believe we have that), a great DL (ours is below average), a great O-line (ours is below average), and a great secondary (ours is below average). The way not to win in the NFL is to have lots of cap-space tied up in WR’s, TE’s, and LB’s. I admit that the Brate signing was a relatively “good deal,” but he is now one of the higher-paid TE’s in the league… and we spent a 1st round pick in his replacement last year. Howard played well. In other words, that draft pick worked, but we signed Brate anyway. That is a luxury, not a need. We overspent for DJax, but more importantly, Godwin makes him expendable. And, unless we trade Alexander, we will have too much invested in LB’s next year.

The reason Licht is so bad is because somehow he doesn’t seem to be responding to any of these issues. I don’t expect him to fix them all at once (although he created the issues to begin with), but I do expect him to address a number of them.

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

Locker room/culture is something that is completely overlooked in this “We need to sign *blank*!!” social media age.

Additionally, even the best teams in the league have weak spots on their roster. If your expectation is that the Bucs need to have an All-Pro in every starting slot then you are going to be disappointed.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Sunny, I agree with both of these points.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Twitter @adamschefter

Buccaneers intend to sign Suh to 3 year deal 42 million deal as free agency opens tomorrow

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

… just wishing

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Bitches that we’re foolish for investing so much money into our WR/TE corps, due to its minimal impact on games.

Yet, wants to commit more than 1/5 of our cap on a pair of defensive tackles.

Solid….

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

That’s exactly right. Go look at how much the top teams have invested in their D-Line verses their TE’s and WR’s. Duh. Of course I’m bitching. By your logic, what, all position groups are created equal? Settle is known for their WR’s? The Eagles? The Pats? How about if we could sign the best three punters? Would that be worth it? Or, maybe we should make sure that we have the strongest LS core. Let’s invest in having the top three nicklebacks. You clearly have never read up on this. Just google: which NFL position groups make the most impact.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@casren

You clearly have never read up on this. Just google: which NFL position groups make the most impact.

Out of curiosity, I did.

And, I stopped after the first 2 articles. In which both had WR’s ranked over DT’s.

Sorry kiddo, but you haven’t the slightest idea of what you’re talking about.

Log out, zip it up, and stop embarrassing yourself.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

No. 3: Inside Pass-Rusher

The Prototypes: Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions; J.J. Watt, Houston Texans

It’s been said many times that the shortest path to the quarterback is a straight line. As anchoring against the inside run becomes less and less of a priority, explosive 300-pounders are being lined up inside and unleashed.

This revolution in approach is forcing offenses to reevaluate everything about how they protect the quarterback. Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer admitted to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune that the Bears were thinking about Ndamukong Suh lining up “over the right guard” when they drafted a right guard in the first round.

Whether they line up over the guard in a 4-3 defense or between the guard and tackle as a 3-4 end like 2012 AP Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt, these rare athletes force offenses to account for their disruptive power.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

So, I’m assuming that you got that from a list that ranks DT’s over DE’s.

Heard.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Look at all these articles you fool:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503855/article/ranking-each-positions-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner

DJax position ranking – 16

Brates position ranking – 10

Alexander position ranking – 9

Suh’s position ranking – 3rd

or this article:

https://www.bucsnation.com/2018/3/10/17103964/nfl-positional-values-and-the-bucs

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Ummmm… I’m sorry Donkey, is there an elite DE available that I’m unaware of?

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

I imagine that you think an inside pass rush is a dumb idea. It must be an outside pas rush or nothing. You’re right. Let’s do nothing. That’s the best plan.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Lol. The first article you linked had WR’s ranked higher than DT’s.

Seriously, are you trolling or that stupid.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

the first article had wr1 ranked higher. djax is a wr2. read the Whole article, like I said.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

wr2 is ranked 16… and btw, we don’t even need a wr2 because we have Godwin. but, you’re right it is definitely better to invest in a wr2 over a dt.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@casren

Mar 13, 18 at 10:03 pm #1067610
      the first article had wr1 ranked higher. djax is a wr2. read the Whole article, like I said.

You want to argue semantics? Because that’s what you’re doing with those specific 2 articles. We both know we’re referring to positional groups as a whole.

And, if you read all the way to the end of the article, you’ll see that Sportrac has us listed as monetarily invested more into our DLine than any other position.

Now, go start another whiny post about Licht, or how we should only draft FSU players, or how Keyshawn was a spectacular FA signing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

is Casren another Java account?

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

you’re right. they listed wr2 at 16 for no reason. its semantics. I guess we should line up 11 wr’s every play.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Care to remind us of the Keyshawn acquisition through Free Agency? What were those terms again?

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

btw… is your real name Jason licht? that’s the only way your posts make sense.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Donkeyhunter’s offseason plan:

Say “thank you” to Licht.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Casren’s off-season plan:

Invest 1/5 of our cap into a pair of DT’s and throwing $20M+ at one who puts up less sacks than McCoy, draft nothing but FSU players, and sign Keyshawn as a free agent.

Oh, and become the first poster to start a thread that received nearly 100 down votes.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

:). Exactly. Except that same thread has proven to be absolutely true. Donkey… I mean, Jason… its OK. It will all be over soon. You won’t have this pressure on you very much longer. You can go somewhere and hang out with all of your 5-7th round draft picks.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Suh was set to make $17M in 2018. Second rate CBs are getting 15M per this off-season. Suh isn’t signing for 3 years and $42M. It would probably take more like $60M over 3 years with $35M guaranteed in this market. I’ll be ecstatic if they were to sign him, but stop acting like he’s some savior. The guy hasn’t won anything anywhere.

Keep in mind the pro bowl DT already on the roster is set to only make $12.5M in 2018. Another great contract by Jason Licht and his staff, btw.

Please wait…

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.