Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

Davis Mills – Underrated QB in this draft class imo. I would not be surprised to see the Pats take him when everyone thinks they will take Mac Jones.

Joseph Ossai – I think he’s really being underrated among the edge rushers. Freakish athlete, and if he can just learn better first step timing may be the best in the class.

Elijah Moore or Rondale Moore – We are one of the few teams that could get the most out of Rondale Moore on offense in the slot on option routes like Brady has done with so many guys. Both would be special teams boosts, and Rondale would be special there. Even if he signs, Antonio Brown can’t be counted on to be available all year, and if he were to be lost, speed on offense would be sorely missed. I actually think it is such a potential need that one of these guys is our most likely pick even though there may be more value at other positions.

Dillon Randuz – The type of feet you like to see in a LT who is protecting Brady.

Nick Bolton – Would give us a much different look in a straight 4-3 if we wanted that option.

• BucsBay

Participant

I’ll through Toney in there since I just heard he’s got a cannon for an arm too.

• Pennywise

Participant

Toney ? Cannon of a arm ?

• Roy

Participant

I like the Radunz idea. I think we are going to have to get the O-line early. All the G/Cs seem to be run blocking types. Creed Humphrey would be a good choice. I don’t like the idea of Dickerson because he’s torn ACLs on both of his knees. Most of the other Gs seem to come up short on the pass blocking, and that’s not going to work here in Tampa. Licht likes OL with good pass blocking. So Radunz could backup at both G and T this year and become a starter at guard, or if there’s an injury he could slide over to tackle.

• seekpar

Participant

Edge, OL, or DL at #32. These are the positions that will be turning over in the next 1-3 years, need first round talent at these positions.

QB in round 1 for the Bucs is a wasted pick, ask Aaron Rodgers. Plenty of WR talent on the team already when there are other greater needs.

• dexmonkey

Participant

im with @Roy on Dickerson. dude is a good player but the injury history is just too much. when he was at FSU he could just not stay on the field for us. Bama got him on the field but i have no doubt that they shot him up with every type of drug/injection to keep him going and hes going to be shot ibn the long run. im not a fan of Bama players in general because for as dominant as they are in college a large proportion of their guys are meh or worse in the NFL because they’re maxed out. injured Bama guys are even worse, Dee Milliner anyone? dude was banged up a lot in college and then utterly fell apart in the pros physically

• BucsBay

Participant

Toney ? Cannon of a arm ?

• Barnz1

Participant

Taking a QB in the first couple rounds on the draft in a super rare SB window would be the definition of stupidity. Exactly what the Packers did when they should’ve plugged other holes on their roster.

I am confident Licht and Arians aren’t that dumb. You continue to improve the roster for now and the future, not only for in 2 or 3 years time.

“But the roster has no holes we can afford to pick for the future”.

You can easily go through the roster and find at least 4 or 5 positions worth upgrade for our next season SB push over burning a good pick on a guy who won’t see the field for years (if at all).

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Remember, you want your first round pick to not only start day one but make an impact. Here’s my list of guys I’d like to see the Bucs take at 32:

DT Christian Barrmore

G/C Creed Humphrey

EDGE Joseph Ossai

EDGE Azeez Ojulari

OT Dillon Radunz

EDGE Jalean Phillips

• adkindo

Participant

Edge, OL, or DL at #32. These are the positions that will be turning over in the next 1-3 years, need first round talent at these positions.

QB in round 1 for the Bucs is a wasted pick, ask Aaron Rodgers. Plenty of WR talent on the team already when there are other greater needs.

I agree for the most part, but I do not agree with fans that assume player X or player Y will only be here one more year. I get that it is likely some will leave, but others will be re-signed. I often hear in discussions that JPP only has 1 more season, and I know he is only under contract for 1 more season, but why does that mean he is not with the Buc’s in 2 years? Maybe a reduced role, but the guy is still effective and appears to have fuel in the tank for more than another season. At his age, I doubt he would have a major big dollar market after this season….so why would the odds not be he is resigned for a year or two? I do not want to make it about this player and not that player, but I feel similar about Jenson. Is any team going to back up the Brinks for him next off season? I doubt it, and can see him being around for a few more years. I am sure the FO has a “feel” for if they will be able to keep these guys, but I think that should be considered as much as whose contract is up next season.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

There are no needs so BPA this year.

OL and WR are talent deep this year and they’re two of the most injury prone positions for the Bucs the last few years.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Dickerson, Creed Humphrey or Best pass rusher available.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Cool, so QB position I guess doesn’t make that 1-3 year list? To me it makes that list at about 100%, not to mention it’s by far the most important position on the team.

• BucsBay

Participant

Yeah, this is the best year to draft a QB to learn under Brady for the next few years. I’m a big fan of the tape I’ve seen of Davis Mills. Hopefully he’s too much like Jarrett Stidham for the Pats to take, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pats have him high on there board.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I prefer trench players OL/DL.

But I am open to a DB, edge rusher, or WR in round 1.

QB in this years draft? I don’t see it. Feels strange to me the Bucs would draft a QB to be a #3. We all know Gabbert is coming back so…..

Build the trenches!

• BucsBay

Participant

If Brady goes down, this team is no longer a contender. Gabbert is ok for a backup, but maybe Mills would be a legit QB 1 in a year or 2. He hasn’t played many games, but based off the ones he has, he looks legit.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I prefer trench players OL/DL.

But I am open to a DB, edge rusher, or WR in round 1.

QB in this years draft? I don’t see it. Feels strange to me the Bucs would draft a QB to be a #3. We all know Gabbert is coming back so…..

You’re doubling down there. Isn’t an edge rusher on DL?

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Absolutely. Need youth in the front seven for a rotation and for future starting potential in 2022+

Build the trenches!

• BucBalla85

Participant

If Brady goes down, this team is no longer a contender. Gabbert is ok for a backup, but maybe Mills would be a legit QB 1 in a year or 2. He hasn’t played many games, but based off the ones he has, he looks legit.

Hadn’t really thought of it this way but you’re right. If they lose Brady they’re done. Brady was amazing but I feel like what he was able to do on the field in the playoffs is doable for some other qb. Obviously not always easy to find that level of play even but it’s doable I think. So a qb isn’t as a bad idea as I initially thought.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

If Brady retires 2022 this team is no longer a contender either, but that’s ok with some (not me) we can build the team around that interior OL at the end of round 1 going forward. I’m totally on board if there’s a QB that slides, go get him if we are truly are so intent on this being a draft for the future.

• Charles

Participant

Giselle wanted Brady to retire this year.

I say he’s got next yuear then he retires.

Need a future QB. 1 year under Brady will do a lot for him.

Brady isn’t playing 2 more years.

• Runole

Participant

Taking a QB in the first couple rounds on the draft in a super rare SB window would be the definition of stupidity. Exactly what the Packers did when they should’ve plugged other holes on their roster.

I am confident Licht and Arians aren’t that dumb. You continue to improve the roster for now and the future, not only for in 2 or 3 years time.

“But the roster has no holes we can afford to pick for the future”.

You can easily go through the roster and find at least 4 or 5 positions worth upgrade for our next season SB push over burning a good pick on a guy who won’t see the field for years (if at all).

agree

• seekpar

Participant

seekpar wrote:

Cool, so QB position I guess doesn’t make that 1-3 year list? To me it makes that list at about 100%, not to mention it’s by far the most important position on the team.

The OP asked who should we draft in the 1st round. Of course QB is a need in the next 1-3 years, but I advocate NOT in the 1st round at #32.

• Pennywise

Participant

• Runole

Participant

agree It is a wasted valuable pick for this season if you already have a premium starting QB on your roster. That is why a team like Atlanta should pick Pitts not another QB! Bucs would be better off with a journeyman than even considering a QB for this draft. THE FUTURE IS NOW!

• Greattimes

Participant

In the year after Brady retires, everyone on this board will be complaining that the Bucs missed their chance to draft a QB this year to learn from Brady.

• seekpar

Participant

Here’s a scenario. The Bucs repeat or make a deep run in 2021. Brady gets tired of Giselle yapping in his ear to retire and he hangs up his cleats. Aaron Rodgers leaves Green Bay and heads to Tampa. QB position good for several more years, TB a perennial favorite.

• Madman

Participant

I’m on the Davis Mills bandwagon if they do go QB. He was the highest rated QB coming out of HS ahead of Tua, smart enough to go to Stanford, and moves around like Andrew Luck with a silky smooth, powerful delivery. The injuries are what’s held him back. He could be VERY good.

• Detrimental

Participant

Almost all of those guys are projected to be in rounds 2-3

Mills at 32? No thanks

I’ll take a gamble with Ossai though out of that lost.

• Pennywise

Participant

Some of my favorite picks , different areas of the draft

Pete Werner lb
      Tyree Gillespie s
      Alim McNeil dt
      Zaven Collins olb 
      Kylin Hill RBI’s
      Javian Hawkins be
      Tommy Tremble te
      Derrick Barnes lb
      Elerson Smith edge
      Tay Gowan  cb
      Jonathan Adams  wo
      Austin Watkins wo
      Joseph Ossai edge
      Caden Sterns s
      Benjamin st Juste cb
      Hamilcar Rashed edge
      Johnathan Marshall dl
      Milton Williams dl
      Kendrick Green iol 
      Cam McGrone lb
      Davis Mills qb
      Payton Turner dl
      James Hudson ot
      Jamar Johnson db
      Sadarius Hutchetson iol
      Alim McNeil

• buccnation

Participant

If the Bucs stand pat at #32 and pick a center like Dickerson or Humphrey, do we cut Jensen and save the $10 mil? This is not a bashing Jensen post. Just a scenario that played through in my head.

• Buc780

Participant

I don’t see Brady retiring next season. I feel like he’ll make it public ahead of time and get that farewell tour. He has a pretty unique opportunity to add to his GOAT resume that I don’t see falling off a cliff next year. If he’s playing well with a good team around him why hang them up? Think after this year he’ll either A. Go for the 3 peat and retire after that(hopefully) or B. go for one more crack at running it back a 3rd time and if he misses out both of these times he’ll retire with nothing else to prove.

If my guess is right I’d delay taking a QB until next season unless its a late developmental guy.

I’d hope for Edge, DL or OL early but I could definitely see Licht going for a less obvious position. It worked out well with Vea and White when majority of the board didn’t like the picks.

I trust him to make the best pick for the squad. Hopefully some talent falls that we can scoop up

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Most of our recent drafts, we’ve had a reasonable guess who they were targeting and/or positions we would take. This year feels much different, mainly bc who knows which guys will be there at 32. If there was a position they would most likely be focusing on is Edge, problem being is that this is an incredibly weak draft for Edge rushers. As much as I don’t like the the strategy, it very well could be BPA (like NBA drafts) at this point. We don’t have “glaring holes” in the sense that, one position is holding us back from a SB. However, we do have glaring depth/future holes at Edge, DT/IDL, OL, S, and CB. I can see us taking the BPA at those positions

• Bucman

Participant

Just go BPA or trade down in round 1. Shouldn’t matter what the position is.

• Roy

Participant

If the Bucs stand pat at #32 and pick a center like Dickerson or Humphrey, do we cut Jensen and save the $10 mil? This is not a bashing Jensen post. Just a scenario that played through in my head.

For what reason? If you are saving $10 mil then what are you going to spend that $10 mil on? Its the cap we are worried about, not the Glazers’ pocketbook.

• buccnation

Participant

I don’t care about their pocketbooks. We could save $10 mil against our cap. Use that money for the draft class and/or upgrade another position/depth. It’s just a thought. Like I said this is not a bashing Jensen post.

Not saying Jensen is bad or good. We could potentially lose him next year anyway.

• buc-in-out

Participant

The Oline was playing extremely well to end the season, to move on from Jensen at this point would be foolish.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.. the Bucs are in a very unique situation. We’re returning ALL our starters. Because of the cap crunch A LOT of teams have gaping holes missing starters, they’re going to be reaching in round 1 to fill needs… this will undoubtedly mean some very good players could drop to us, so why should we reach too? Take the best player available, take that incredible value.. we can afford it.

If that happens to be OL/DL like everyone wants, so be it.. but don’t reach for it. I really do believe this is the approach we’ll take in rounds 1 and 2.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.