Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• All About That Bucs

Participant

We’ve reached the time of year in the draft process where the fans know who they want and don’t want, and what positions they want addressed in the draft. Here is my dream scenarios in order

1-David Njoku in round 1. Oj Howard will be gone. I LOVE the idea of having two playmaking TEs on the field together. I think Dirk does as well. He envisioned that with ASJ, unfortunately it didnt work out. With Njoku, Brate, Evans, DJax, Humph on the field together, that’s tough to defend. Follow that up in the 2nd round with a disruptive DL man. We’re divison champs

2-Not taking a RB in round 1. I don’t think we should do it. I think Cook will be there at 19. And while most ppl will be dissapointed if we pass on him, I think it’ll be the right move. I LOVE what McCaffery brings to the table, but RB is the most expendable position on the field. I do think we need a RB, find one in round 2 or 3

3-Derek Barnett, Jabrill Peppers. I think our defense is on the cusp on being truly great. However I still think we are missing some pieces. Just like you need playmakers on offense, you need em on defense too. Peppers is just that. Idc where you put him, he will succeed. He’s a good football player. He would succeed in any decade of football. Barnett will most likely be gone. If he’s there, take him

• Havok904

Participant

Why do folks think that there’s such a glaring need for a TE?

The Bucs are a run first offense. If anything they need a blocking TE, which can be had in the later rounds, a slot, and a 3 down RB.

Also the holes at safety and CB should scare your pants off. Not to mention the need for good football players for added depth.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

It’s impossible to get Njoku and one of Peppers/Barnett. All 3 will be gone R1.

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

Why do folks think that there’s such a glaring need for a TE? The Bucs are a run first offense. If anything they need a blocking TE, which can be had in the later rounds, a slot, and a 3 down RB. Also the holes at safety and CB should scare your pants off. Not to mention the need for good football players for added depth.

Not everyone thinks that the team’s best bet is to draft for “need”. Njoku would be an “addition” and there would be a spot for him to play as another TE.

However, I do agree that FS is our biggest need, and the draft has a lot of quality DBs. I’m starting to lean toward more defense in the first 2 rounds – FS, CB/DL. A decent RB and TE will still be there in rounds 3 and 4.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Why do folks think that there’s such a glaring need for a TE? The Bucs are a run first offense. If anything they need a blocking TE, which can be had in the later rounds, a slot, and a 3 down RB. Also the holes at safety and CB should scare your pants off. Not to mention the need for good football players for added depth.

what are our holes at CB??

• warrenfb12

Participant

I definitely like playmaker TE in round 1.

I definitely DO NOT want to draft a RB in round one.

• swamp_bats

Participant

3 Reasons. For one, we need Playmakers and Weapons for Winston. That is at all spots, TE, WR, and RB. Second, we run a lot of base 2 TE sets. Remember Gronk and Hernandez together in NE? We could have something similar to that here in TB. Third, did you watch the last 2 games of the season? When Brate went down, the drop off at TE was dramatic. Jameis loves to throw to the TE, without Brate, we had nothing. Stocker is our 2nd starting TE, but lets be real, he is almost more like a fullback in our offense. And he gets hurt, a lot. Also, don’t forget, our head coach had Tony Gonzalez in Atlanta, he loves some TE as well.

• blackat1515

Participant

We run out of a two TE set most of the time, passing downs we go to a 3wr set. So drafting a TE in the first makes sense but not necessary, I think a explosive RB is more likely, if cook/ McCaffrey is gone then I would consider a WR or TE

• XFactor

Participant

Why do people think we wouldn’t take a TE in the first round because Brate is on the roster? Ohh that’s right we got to either draft a RB or Safety in the first two rounds because they are needs.

• Pennywise

Participant

You have brate and that is it at te,and he is limited

bucs need a te in this draft …. and they will draft one, sooner rather than later too

• nybuccguy

Participant

Brates production is over inflated because Jameis loves throwing to the TE and had no other receiving options. He is good, but slightly limited athletically. We need to upgrade the position.

• blackat1515

Participant

Wow a up grade over brate, as I disagree I understand about having no one else but Evans, but he is a pretty good TE and we are lucky to have him

• blackat1515

Participant

For all of you saying about this double tight set, I am watching the KC game, and watched the Bears game, the bears game we ran a two TE set when we ran the ball a lot, early downs, we throw 4 passes out of that set,so far on the 1st drive before the Winston fumble, we ran one two double tight set, both run plays, the rest was 3 WR set, that was a 11 play drive. 2nd drive 10 plays, double Tight set twice, one run and one incomplete to brate at the 2 yard line.

• Havok904

Participant

3 Reasons. For one, we need Playmakers and Weapons for Winston. That is at all spots, TE, WR, and RB. Second, we run a lot of base 2 TE sets. Remember Gronk and Hernandez together in NE? We could have something similar to that here in TB. Third, did you watch the last 2 games of the season? When Brate went down, the drop off at TE was dramatic. Jameis loves to throw to the TE, without Brate, we had nothing. Stocker is our 2nd starting TE, but lets be real, he is almost more like a fullback in our offense. And he gets hurt, a lot. Also, don’t forget, our head coach had Tony Gonzalez in Atlanta, he loves some TE as well.

First point-draft a RB or  another WR as playmakers. Are you saying that the TEs in this draft are more dynamic and impactful than the WRs in the draft?

You can also  draft playmakers on defense like a ball hawking safety or sacking generating edge DE.

Second point-the possibility of your starting TE going down doesn’t justify burning a First round pick one another one.

Third point-we’re not New England

Fourth point-the fact DK coached Gonzalez is a non point.

You bringing up Stocker illustrates my point draft a blocking TE in the later rounds. Koetter also ran out 2 TE sets.

• Havok904

Participant

Brates production is over inflated because Jameis loves throwing to the TE and had no other receiving options. He is good, but slightly limited athletically. We need to upgrade the position.

He was among the league leaders for TEs. How is that overinflated?

• Havok904

Participant

Why do people think we wouldn’t take a TE in the first round because Brate is on the roster? Ohh that’s right we got to either draft a RB or Safety in the first two rounds because they are needs.

Have you been drinking?

• Havok904

Participant

what are our holes at CB??

We need a CB for 2018. Grimes is a bridge.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.