Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

1. Texans – Jadveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina2. (Trade) Browns - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M3. Jaguars - Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo 4. (Trade) Rams - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M5. Raiders - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson6. Falcons - Anthony Barr, OLB, Cal7. Buccaneers - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M8. Vikings - Blake Bortles, QB, UCF9. Bills - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn 10. Lions - Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State11. Titans - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville12. Giants - Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame13. Rams -  Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina 14. Bears -  Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State15. Steelers - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama16. Cowboys - Aaron Donald, DE/DT/OLB, Pittsburgh 17. Ravens -  Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington 18. Jets - Odell Beckham, Jr.*, WR, LSU 19. Dolphins - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan20. Cardinals -  Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota21. Packers -  Kelvin Benjamin**, WR, Florida State  22. Eagles - Dee Ford, OLB, Auburn 23. Chiefs - Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State 24. Bengals - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech 25. Chargers - Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State26. Browns - Calvin Pryor*, S, Louisville 27. Saints - Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State 28. Panthers - Marqise Lee*, WR, USC 29. Patriots -  Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford 30. 49ers - Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame31. Broncos -  C.J. Mosley, OLB, Alabama 32. Seahawks - Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see the reason behind the Cleveland/Rams trade unless you think that the Jags have an interest in Manziel which I don’t. However, just switching the teams back to the normal positions without the trade you can get pretty much the same results:Houston - Clowney (Note: I'm still not sold on Texas not picking a quarterback #1, but Clowney is definitely an option).Rams - Robinson. I think we're both thinking the same thing, but I think the Rams will take Robinson over Matthews.Jags - MackBrowns - still get Manziel (for the record, I'm not positive he's their guy).Raiders - WatkinsFalcons - Barr (nope, if Mack is gone, I'm almost positive they will go Matthews here or Robinson)So that still puts the Bucs with Evens at #7. JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Browns are in love with Manziel, and have been dying for a QB for years. I don’t think they’ll risk the chance of Jacksonville taking him, or someone trading in front of them. Matthews is a better prospect than Robinson as a tackle, and is BPA. Jake Long is probably going to miss the year, and his overall injury history means it's time to move on. IMO the Falcons are locked in on a 3-4 rush LB. I think they'd much prefer Mack, but would take Barr before Robinson especially after signing Asomougha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see the reason behind the Cleveland/Rams trade unless you think that the Jags have an interest in Manziel which I don't. However, just switching the teams back to the normal positions without the trade you can get pretty much the same results:Houston - Clowney (Note: I'm still not sold on Texas not picking a quarterback #1, but Clowney is definitely an option).Rams - Robinson. I think we're both thinking the same thing, but I think the Rams will take Robinson over Matthews.Jags - MackBrowns - still get Manziel (for the record, I'm not positive he's their guy).Raiders - WatkinsFalcons - Barr (nope, if Mack is gone, I'm almost positive they will go Matthews here or Robinson)So that still puts the Bucs with Evens at #7. JMO.

It would stop the Raiders trading with the Jags to jump the Browns IF they want JFF.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not that it means they won’t draft one of them, but I find it kind of strange that the Brown’s have not had anyone attend any of the projected first round QB’s Pro days, including JFF’s. 30 teams were at JFF’s Pro day, which was every team except the Browns and Bears.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Bortles is available I can’t see us passing on him in favor Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans over Robinson???  No way…see this is how teams get into trouble when they draft for need and not the elite talent.  Besides, we could use O Line help more so than a WR in the 1st.  Evans is not a Megatron or even Larry Fitzgerald and with the talent of WRs in this draft, don't reach for one in the 1st.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans over Robinson???  No way...see this is how teams get into trouble when they draft for need and not the elite tget lent.  Besides, we could use O Line help more so than a WR in the 1st.  Evans is not a Megatron or even Larry Fitzgerald and with the talent of WRs in this draft, don't reach for one in the 1st.

Bpa and all is great, but how is OT more of a need than WR??  Personally i hate the idea of a OT in the first, it would be a luxury pick. We need oline help but we need it at Guard not OT. You want to get some depth at OT late in the draft fine, dont waste a first rounder on one though.. Id take Evans or Bridgewater overRobinson in a heartbeat, or at the least try to trade back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans over Robinson???  No way...see this is how teams get into trouble when they draft for need and not the elite tget lent.  Besides, we could use O Line help more so than a WR in the 1st.  Evans is not a Megatron or even Larry Fitzgerald and with the talent of WRs in this draft, don't reach for one in the 1st.

Bpa and all is great, but how is OT more of a need than WR??  Personally i hate the idea of a OT in the first, it would be a luxury pick. We need oline help but we need it at Guard not OT. You want to get some depth at OT late in the draft fine, dont waste a first rounder on one though.. Id take Evans ovee Robinson in a heartbeat, or at the least try to trade back.

I have the same views about a WR in the top 10 if you ain't a Megatron or a Larry Fitzgerald....hell even a Dez Bryant.  And Robinson is a versatile OL that he can play Guard and Tackle.  Hell the man was the 2 rated Guard out of high school and was forced to play Tackle in a pinch at Auburn, initially. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Bortles is available I can't see us passing on him in favor Evans.

Bortles isn't all he hyped up to be. He throws an inaccurate ball, has some questionable mechanics, and is known to be a bit of a party animal off the field IIRC. He made some great plays for UCF but he played a soft schedule and made most of his plays on the run. Sounds similar to Josh Freeman coming out of college, just a bit smaller IMO.

Please wait…

• fredreg

Participant

that’s pretty good stuff..howvr if greg robinson, there I think they go for him. I personally am high on zack martin cause he can play both ot/og and has reps at lt consitntly and playd 4 yrs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans over Robinson???  No way...see this is how teams get into trouble when they draft for need and not the elite talent.  Besides, we could use O Line help more so than a WR in the 1st. 

You just said that teams get into trouble by drafting for need ... and then you said we should draft Robinson because we need OL help more than WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good mock. I like any mock that doesnt have 4 out of the first 5 players chosen being QB’s. It seems like with the feedback from teams Bridgewater is sliding a bit. His interviews must have been really bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that's pretty good stuff..howvr if greg robinson, there I think they go for him. I personally am high on zack martin cause he can play both ot/og and has reps at lt consitntly and playd 4 yrs

Evans over Robinson would be a tough call, but for the way the Bucs are building I think Evans is the right fit. There very likely could be an opportunity to trade down and still select him. If we were to miss on Evans, I really like Beckam Jr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t see Mack going that early, but who knows.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

J-Ville took a OT early last year, and I think they are too smart to take one of the QB’s there, but like you said we’ll see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see Baltimore taking ASJ in round one, they have Pitta and Owen Daniels now. Also id be surprised to see Zack Martin go that high but then again that stuff happens every year.I can honestly see Minnesota being very competitive if they grab Bortles and he's solid.Also I like our pick :D that's the most important thing!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty good mock man. I don’t think we end up going WR at #7….but the whole mock is pretty realistic imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta would never take Barr over Matthews or Robinson being available. Yes, they need DL help in a bad way, but Ryan got killed last year by that offensive line. Hell at one point they had Trueblood starting for them! From my friends in Atlanta, they indicate that if Mack is gone and one of the top two tackles is there, that’s the pick and I absolutely agree with them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see Baltimore taking ASJ in round one, they have Pitta and Owen Daniels now. Also id be surprised to see Zack Martin go that high but then again that stuff happens every year.I can honestly see Minnesota being very competitive if they grab Bortles and he's solid.Also I like our pick :D that's the most important thing!

Yeah, I meant to go back and change that Baltimore pick. For the mock I'd probably switch them to Kelvin Benjamin and have Green Bay take ASJ.I think they would really rather have Ha Ha Clinton Dix though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore or another team trade up for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta would never take Barr over Matthews or Robinson being available. Yes, they need DL help in a bad way, but Ryan got killed last year by that offensive line. Hell at one point they had Trueblood starting for them! From my friends in Atlanta, they indicate that if Mack is gone and one of the top two tackles is there, that's the pick and I absolutely agree with them.

Look at the way they've built their D-Line. That D doesn't work without an edge pass rushing backer. As bad as their O-Line was, Defense and lack of a pass rush is what cost them more games. As much as Atlanta fans or anyone watching doesn't get it, they are committed to Sam Baker at LT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone talks about depth at WR, but look at how many teams are banking on filling holes at WR in the draft. Hell Carolina may take a WR in every round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

great mock but i don’t see how other then Watkins and Evans three more WRs will go on the first round…doubt it…..Beckham ..Benjamin and Lee are all real late 1st or early seconds

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beckam is a stud IMO. If we were to trade down and not get Evans, I’d want Beckham.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we’ll see a lot of WRs go in the first round. Plenty of teams even outside the top ten could take WR. I can see Baltimore, Cleveland with their 2nd pick if they don’t at #4, Philly, NYJ, KC, Carolina, San Fran and Seattle all considering it. Not to say WR is their top need but all those teams could use a WR and we may see a huge run on them in the mid-late first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta would never take Barr over Matthews or Robinson being available. Yes, they need DL help in a bad way, but Ryan got killed last year by that offensive line. Hell at one point they had Trueblood starting for them! From my friends in Atlanta, they indicate that if Mack is gone and one of the top two tackles is there, that's the pick and I absolutely agree with them.

Look at the way they've built their D-Line. That D doesn't work without an edge pass rushing backer. As bad as their O-Line was, Defense and lack of a pass rush is what cost them more games. As much as Atlanta fans or anyone watching doesn't get it, they are committed to Sam Baker at LT.

You obviously don't follow Atlanta very well. Sam Baker is coming off a ACL injury and still may not be ready for OTAs. He's also in his last year of his rookie contract and is not a sure thing to be re-signed as he has only had one good season. From my friends in Atlanta, Barr is not being considered at all. As bad as you think their DL might be, it's way ahead of where their OL is. Just say'n. You are absolutely wrong about Barr, especially if Robinson is on the board. The way I hear it, it's Clowney or Mack or either of the offensive tackles and the tackles are probably higher than Mack.Hell even the owner has gone on record as saying that 'We have to do a better job of protecting Matt Ryan'. You say the defense doesn't work without a edge rusher, but Ryan isn't mobile and without good offensive line blocking that offense doesn't work either.Link to one analysts view of the situation in Atlanta: http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/4643/falcons-need-to-take-tackle-with-first-pickAlso one from Yasinskas: http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/4701/no-pass-rusher-for-falcons-at-no-6My friends in Atlanta are saying the same thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Almost seems like Evans is destined to be a Buc.. which means he’ll never end up here.. lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta would be dumb not to scoop up one of the OTs. But they are pretty dumb, so..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You obviously don't follow Atlanta very well. Sam Baker is coming off a ACL injury and still may not be ready for OTAs. He's also in his last year of his rookie contract and is not a sure thing to be re-signed as he has only had one good season. From my friends in Atlanta, Barr is not being considered at all. As bad as you think their DL might be, it's way ahead of where their OL is. Just say'n. You are absolutely wrong about Barr, especially if Robinson is on the board. The way I hear it, it's Clowney or Mack or either of the offensive tackles and the tackles are probably higher than Mack.Hell even the owner has gone on record as saying that 'We have to do a better job of protecting Matt Ryan'. You say the defense doesn't work without a edge rusher, but Ryan isn't mobile and without good offensive line blocking that offense doesn't work either.Link to one analysts view of the situation in Atlanta: http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/4643/falcons-need-to-take-tackle-with-first-pickAlso one from Yasinskas: http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/4701/no-pass-rusher-for-falcons-at-no-6My friends in Atlanta are saying the same thing.

You're part right. He is coming off an ACL, but he isn't in the last year of his rookie deal. Falcons re-signed him last year. 6 years, 40 million.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A guy like Robinson still makes plenty of sense for Atlanta if he’s there, or Matthews at RT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see us passing on Bortles or Brdgewater if they are there for Evans. Ever since Mike Williams was cut, people act like it's a certainty that we're selecting Evans at 7

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like a copy and paste mock that’s why you’ve * **  and no explanation. It  might be because your name is generic form of baybucs

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.