Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• BucMyLife

Participant

Bridgewater fans,Do you think we would've made the same deal Minnesota did had we still possessed our 4th round pick? The same 4th round pick surrendered to the Jets as the last piece of compensation for the Revis deal? Remember the Vikings gave up their 2nd and 4th to move up to 32. /sighI am happy that we landed ASJ, please don't think otherwise, I just wanted to propose this question to you all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no I don’t think we would have. After seeing how everything played out. I honestly think that bortles may have been their guy if he fell. They weren’t going to mortgage the draft by trading up to take him either. as they were confident they were going to get a good player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thought but I agree with Bizkitlimped on this one, I don’t think Teddy was in the plans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am a Teddy fan, but still didnt want to take a QB this year.  Still kinda surprised we didnt.  I dont think we would have.  I think the overwhelming theme this off season has been to add as much talent across the board as possible in a “spread it out” fashion.  I feel our 4th (had we had one) would have been used on Lamin Barrow…I think he was still around when the Jets were picking with our 4th. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I kind of think we would have drafted Bortles as well if he fell to 7 but there is no way to know that.  But if we had wanted Bridgewater or Carr we could have probably moved up for them and we didn’t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly no I don’t think he was in our plans.The QB talk since the draft has been nothing but a raft of dreadful conversations about Glennon ebing the future and wanting McClown here for 5 years. The one big worry you had with Lovie is that he was a dolt when it came to his QB’s and a lot of that seems to be playing out again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree, it seems obvious to me that a QB wasn’t a position they were looking to draft this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looking back at the rumors and then what happened in draft, it’s plausible that the Bucs wanted Bortles.Here's my string of thought:About 48 hours or so before draft the first rumor that would involve people knowing outside of Buccaneer headquarters came out. Bucs were rumored to be looking to trade up to the second spot (Bortles picked at 3). Additionally, there were rumors that the Pats were on the verge of trading Mallet, and rumors that Glennon would go to Pats, but a day after rd 1, the Pats have come out and said that Mallet will not be traded. Plus, after rd 1 on fri, Landry said that he felt confident in saying that Manziel wasn't the Bucs highest rated qb in this draft. Or, they didn't want Bortles at all and intended to screw up someone who did. The announcement that Glennon is the qb of the future and the timing of it seemed odd. Who knows. It's fun to look back at the rumors after the picks. Personally, I'm happy with our qb's and draft. Go Bucs!!

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.