Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• BucfanNC12

Participant

I am keeping this short and to the point. First, I have to say Mike Williams wasn't the sharpest knife "off" the field. However, he was far from being an A. Talib when he was here on and off the field. I think traded Williams is really going to hurt this offense for two reasons. 1. if we draft a WR, we should expect a least a year or two for him to really come around. 2. I believe this will cause Vincent Jackson to struggle. I say this because we know he does struggle against real good CBs. Also, he is not a guy with break away spend that will get him to the end zone. I do think highly of Williams as a WR. Besides that, I think he did complement Jackson well and cause defenses did not to focus primarily on him. I hope I am wrong but I think this may cause him to struggle. Thoughts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well we never cut him we traded him but yes I dont really like the move and it definitely sets our offense back

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His brother cut him, we traded him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know my error.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am keeping this short and to the point. First, I have to say Mike Williams wasn't the sharpest knife "off" the field. However, he was far from being an A. Talib when he was here on and off the field. I think traded Williams is really going to hurt this offense for two reasons. 1. if we draft a WR, we should expect a least a year or two for him to really come around. 2. I believe this will cause Vincent Jackson to struggle. I say this because we know he does struggle against real good CBs. Also, he is not a guy with break away spend that will get him to the end zone. I do think highly of Williams as a WR. Besides that, I think he did complement Jackson well and cause defenses did not to focus primarily on him. I hope I am wrong but I think this may cause him to struggle. Thoughts?

Williams best season was arguably his first season and he was a 4th round pick with an inaccurate QB throwing to him, so why should we have to wait a year or two for a drafted WR (in a very deep WR draft  class) to come around?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Williams missed most of last year and Jackson still had a pretty good year.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

I know Jackson is not a burner, hell he aint even really fast.  Ankle issues or not, how in the hell does Jenkins run down Jackson, with such distance between them not to mention the angle, that really baffles me. you people know what game and play im talking about too.  Jackson is a big possession Jump up and get the football kind of guy.  Other than going through a dropping the phase here and there he has been very consistent every year.  Williams, we know his body control and all, he does some amazing things.  He has been inconsistent, and been off the field more often than not.  The trade makes sense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well we never cut him we traded him but yes I dont really like the move and it definitely sets our offense back

Hey - Notabucsfan, you've been sent to the Utica branch in exchange for a bag of hammers!!  Enjoy your life their.  He was essentially cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they do what I think they will do, and make the rb’s play a westbrook-like role, idk if they will have much of a problem.And there will be some good wr's that can replace mw easy within the second round.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.