Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• Sactobuc

Participant

Mike Evans…

This game can be blown away on offense if Mike Evans can finally get over the Marshawn Lattimore hump.. The Saints wouldn’t know how to react I’m my opinion.

Mike struggles against the Saints but I’d like to see him just beat this guy for a whole game. No other WR seems to have the struggles Mike does against them, so here’s to him getting the monkey off his back as the Bucs whip the Saints.

Mike Evans, I’m rooting for you young man.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Sactobuc.
      • This topic was modified 3 months ago by Sactobuc. Reason: Updated title

• TBChucky

Participant

Agreed. I hope Mike goes to the dome with a chip on his shoulder! I also think Barrett is the other X factor. He also has the ability to wreak games. He just hasn’t lately..

• Detrimental

Participant

Ryan Ramczyk dominated Khalil Mack all Sunday. Shaq has his hands full maybe we move guys around and get better mis matches.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Hell I think the real x-factors are Dean and SMB.. limit the big plays they give up on the regular and we’ll have a chance to win…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Evans has had good games in New Orleans before.

Brady has to hit him when he busts free downfield. And he will a few times.

• Mic

Participant

One thing Mike has he didn’t have in the last two matchups is Brady’s trust, if Mike can torch lattimore like he did two years ago with fitz we can do it.

But one guy we need to get heavily involved in the blitz game and mid level zone area is Antoine Winfield I just have a gut feeling if he’s put in position he changes all those intermediate throws Brees loves.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Mike Evans…

This game can be blown away on offense if Mike Evans can finally get over the Marshawn Lattimore hump.. The Saints wouldn’t know how to react I’m my opinion.

Mike struggles against the Saints but I’d like to see him just beat this guy for a whole game. No other WR seems to have the struggles Mike does against them, so here’s to him getting the monkey off his back as the Bucs whip the Saints.

Mike Evans, I’m rooting for you young man.

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by Sactobuc. Reason: Updated title

Mike has the ability to dominate Lattimore because he’s done it before. It’s all in his head so once Mike learns to relax and just do his thing he’ll be great

• TBChucky

Participant

I want them to play tough against their defense, but avoid all the stupid penalties that the Saints try to invoke..

• Sactobuc

Participant

Right to the point, take the cheap shot like a man, huddle up and whip that ass..

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I think it’s Antonio Brown. Any teams #3 corner versus AB is a mismatch in our favor. We need to expose this as we have been finally doing towards the end of the season.

Agree somewhat on Mike too. He has been MUCH more involved in games early on. In the first few weeks of the season he was ghost in the first half’s. He will need to make Lattimore work hard this weekend.

• Detrimental

Participant

Mine would be Antonio Brown. He is most likely going to be guarded by CGJ or Janoris Jenkins. Neither man can guard the future HOFer 1 on 1 with no help. Bucs win if AB has a big day. Evans will make a few plays this weekend but there are bigger weaknesses in that Saints secondary.

• Madman

Participant

AB is the X factor to me. Lattimore will lock onto ME13 and Godwin will get Jenkins.

On the defense, Shaq needs to be the X factor. Get to Brees!

• TCB2W!

Participant

I just want to point out that the AB dropped 185 yards and 2 TDs on Lattimore in 2018.

• elguapo

Participant

The X-Factor player against the Saints will be Antonio Brown. Minimum of 7 touches.

Go BUCS!

• KnuckifUBuc

Participant

They have 1 of the best slot dbs in the nfl in Patrick Robinson. Him and malcom Jenkins led that eagles secondary to the Super Bowl against Brady’s patriots.

I think it’s Antonio Brown. Any teams #3 corner versus AB is a mismatch in our favor. We need to expose this as we have been finally doing towards the end of the season.

Agree somewhat on Mike too. He has been MUCH more involved in games early on. In the first few weeks of the season he was ghost in the first half’s. He will need to make Lattimore work hard this weekend.

• Roy

Participant

I’m going to throw out Antoine Winfield. We need him to have a huge game disrupting things. He needs to get a turnover, a sack, critical pass defense. In a close game, he is the one who we need to come up with a momentum changing play.

• QB12

Participant

Tom Brady threw for over 500 yards against Jenkins and Robinson in the Super Bowl against the Eagles.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by QB12.

• Natural Selection

Participant

I think Devin White has the potential to be the most impactful change from prior losses. His ability to generate immediate inside pressure by blitzing and finishing rushes with QB takedowns could be monumental in disrupting their offense. Obviously NO isn’t going to keep their back in to block often. So we will need to scheme him pass rush opportunities. Which doesn’t seem overly taxing to the defense as his coverage responsibilities are best when limited/infrequent. I’d honestly rather drop JPP into short zones than White, and I’d really rather White not be man on their backs often. I know people are against zoning (for good reason), but feel well timed zone blitz concepts could work if we’re not overly soft. Just not sure if we can zone blitz and limit hot reads simultaneously.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

After a little thought, I think I fully expect AB to have a great game. ME I sure hope can get the best of Lattimore. That might be the biggest 1 v 1 player rivalry on our team of late. But since my expectations are high for them, I don’t know if they exactly qualify for X-factor.

I’m going with Stinnie, or whoever fills in at RG. If they play solid and give brady much of a pocket to work with, that will be huge. Inversely, if they fail, then it could stymie our entire offense, from busted runs to Happy-feet, seeing ghosts Brady.

Thus, that one player could single handedly sink the game for us.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Chris Godwin.

Had several drops last week.

Do not expect to see that again.

• QB12

Participant

Reading the tea leaves . . . Devin White is poised for a big role Sunday.

• TBChucky

Participant

White will be bringing the heat Sunday. Rush him from the far edges, up the middle, stunts, delayed blitzes. I bet we see it all. Like someone else said, they won’t be leaving their back in for pass blocking very often.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

I agree with the poster that said the secondary specifically SMB and Dean. Yes the Bucs offense has been clicking lately and averaging 30 points a game, but it does no good if the secondary can’t stop the Saints either. Could be one of those throwback games to the Dan Fouts Chargers days where their game plan was we will score 37 and hope you don’t score 40.

• BucsBay

Participant

Antonio Brown, Chris Godwin, and especially Leanoard Fournette on offense. I think Evans has a solid game, but that those guys go off working all levels of the field and that Fournette is asked to be a workhorse. Basically same as last week, but more from Brown. On defense my X-Factor is Deonne Buchanon who we just activated, but who this coaching staff has been with forever and I think will depend on to not give up the booty to Brees in middle of the field early in the game again.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by BucsBay.

• Biggs3535

Participant

On defense my X-Factor is Deonne Buchanon who we just activated, but who this coaching staff has been with forever and I think will depend on to not give up the booty to Brees in middle of the field early in the game again.

I think you may be reading too much into Buchanon’s activation. I’m guessing it has more to do with Minter’s unavailability than it does Buchanon being some super-secret weapon.

• Live4BUCS

Participant

I think knowing Brady and him knowing what is going to work and what’s not – AB is going to have a huge game. Brady knows Evans/Lattimore might not be worth trying to force as much as the WR screens and AB type of plays. So AB is def my xfactor on offense. If we had a pass catching RB then id say they’d be our xfactor but we dont, so AB it is.

On defense White has to be our xfactor on blitzes/sacks/TFLs or we will lose.

• Neubi

Participant

Evans / Lattimore, Godwin / Gardner-Johnson and Gronk helping the O-line means: AB all day long!

• buc_boi

Participant

They still have the jack rabbit for AB, scooter for the victory.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Most people are identifying “known” factors, not necessarily “x-factors” for the game. I have two.

Offense: RG Stinnie

If he can play average, then we can give Brady a pocket to step into as well as much needed extra half second.

Defense: NT McClendon

If McClendon can generate push up the gut in both the run and pass rush, then either he or someone else should break free into the backfield for pressure, sack, TFL, or sack-fumble.

We have stars, but our weakest links are the ones that need to step up if we’re to win this game. I guess Coaching and playcalling should also be “x-factors” as well.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Just light up their defensive line, and all will be good. When they blitz, and they WILL, have a safety valve available, a quick read slant audible, where the receiver fires off the line at a 45 almost immediately.

Quick hitter. Get em back with what they like.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

My biggest X-factor would be Arians, Bowles, and Byron.

They’ve had 4 games against these guys.

Two games this year with the current roster.

The blueprint to beat the Saints is pretty clear, and has been all season.

Do they adjust, or do they continue to be stubborn?

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant