Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• BucsOnDeck88

Participant

WR converted to LB, very intriguing developmental prospect IMOhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2aIHoSmR44

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He came in for a visit as well

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea big time pickup. I think he deff adds good competition to the LB corps and basically serves as a late round pick addition. Mayock pretty much said with the deep draft this year it almost pushed 40 good players into the undrafted group and this guy is easily one of them…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there is 1-2 spots open at LB so Askew has a good chance of sticking IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Nate’s upside, – he’s a senior, athletic, big, strong and quick.  Hopefully has a good head on his shoulders and is motivated, going to take some time for him to play in the NFL, but definitely has all the tools.He has the same type body as Watson.    Hopefully he can prove himself as a SAM with a little wildcard blitzing thrown in good measure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Nate's upside, - he's a senior, athletic, big, strong and quick.  Hopefully has a good head on his shoulders and is motivated, going to take some time for him to play in the NFL, but definitely has all the tools.He has the same type body as Watson.    Hopefully he can prove himself as a SAM with a little wildcard blitzing thrown in good measure.

This pickup really intrigues me.  Hopefully he his a nose for the football is more like Castillas' than Watson's was.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wonder if he could put on a few lbs and move to the middle? Would certainly seem a good fit for coverage responsibilities.

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

Here are some more comments about Nate:The player not invited to the NFL Combine who probably helped himself the most with today's performance was Nate Askew. Just read these stats: 4.45 40-yard dash (best at Combine by an LB was 4.51 from Kevin Pierre-Louis of Boston College), 38" vertical jump (would have ranked 6th best at Combine), and 10'6" broad jump (would have ranked 4th best at Combine). These numbers shouldn't be surprising; remember Askew was a freak WR coming out of San Antonio Madison and also a track star. I think it is a real possibility Askew now gets selected in the 6th or 7th round of the NFL draft. Some NFL GM will think his team can develop Nate based on his physical abilities and the fact that he only played one year at LB for A&M. Meanwhile, Askew can be a special teams ace in kickoff/punt coverage earning him a spot on the 53 man roster and a nice paycheck. NFL teams are interested in Askew -- don't forget he played in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.