Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• BucsFan83

Participant

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/how-bucs-receiver-mike-evans-went-from-game-time-decision-to-game-changer/ar-BB1cKHr7?ocid=msedgntp

Not to be changing the subject, Evans is tough for sure.

Found this neat little quote from Payton which I found interesting.

“You can tell on film when football matters to someone,” Payton said. “And periodically I’ll ask (former Bucs quarterback) Jameis (Winston) about personalities … and he goes on about Mike.

Wonder how much else he’s asked about?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Been saying it for years. The guy is tough as nails. He gets rocked every year and I’m like great. He’s done. But he crawls back to his feet, hobbles around for a while, and he goes back in the game. Absurd mental and physical toughness, a good dude, evolving as a player, leader, philanthropist…good to his community and learns from mistakes.

One of the all time Buc greats, and a first ballot hall of famer.

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

I totally agree with Boid. Speaking of Winston…during first game they had him feeding info during game to offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator all game. Dude was telling them how to defend us and how to beat us. He also knows all our receivers strengths and favorite routes. Invaluable to beat us. We need to make sure we change up our calls and protections to avoid another ass kick.

And make Brees feel like he is on skates.

• TBChucky

Participant

Can’t say enough about Mike.. Dude is a pro’s pro, baller, and helluva good dude. I hope he gets a rings this year.. he deserves one!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Man the points about Winston knowing the offense cannot be understated.

There has to be change to the scheme. Immediately. A few twitches that evolve/devolve into the original concept is a solid wrinkle into the scheme.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Gig’em Mike!

Only reason JFF was even a thing. Hopefully Mike retires a Buc after a long one team career, ala Larry Fitz.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Man the points about Winston knowing the offense cannot be understated.

There has to be change to the scheme. Immediately. A few twitches that evolve/devolve into the original concept is a solid wrinkle into the scheme.
      Rate this item:

Looks like the Bucs have made some of those changes since the bye week, including a bit of Jet Sweep action (never thought we would see that with BA), more tunnel/smoke screens, in addition to AB and Gronk…I think we have the wrinkles now. If Stinnie can hold up, then I am expecting a very different game than we had mid season. At the very least a shootout, if not a convincing Buc win, if the defense can get inspired.

• TBChucky

Participant

Jameis is familiar with BA’s base offense. We all know this isn’t the same system Winston was running at this point. I’m thinking we’ll see even more wrinkles this week. At least I hope so..

• BucsFan83

Participant

Sounds like if I was game planning I would probably game plan around using AB / Gronk / Miller and using the new wrinkles. Then as everything unravels or they attempt to change their game plan during the game go back to evans / godwin.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.