Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Mason Foster is available; he’s familiar with the system and team, and certainly could B/U SLB and MLB...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope. Too slow and not instinctive enough. After watching Alexander and Lansanah play, it’s obvious why we cut Foster. No thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not getting his old job back and he’s not beating out Lansanah. Bed be competing with Bruce Carter for backup SLB. Probably just time to move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man the difference between Kwon and Foster are night and day. Went from hoping Foster didn’t screw up to expecting Kwon to make a play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think our starters are set; I’m suggesting him as B/U depth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Foster could be a valuable asset on special teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greene, who we just cut was better than Foster. No chance Foster gets called back here. Our LB’s just might be the best unit in terms of talent and depth on the entire team. No need to ruin that with Foster. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greene had a lot of tackles in pre season but he was often biting a lot on misdirection.I think it comes down to if the Bucs want a development guy as their sixth LB or a special teams ace. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would also like a sub package short yardage/goal line mlb with a little thump who I have seen do pretty well filling gaps against the run inside.  We are talking about our 6th lb.  If there is a kid they like out there get him.  I would not be at all opposed to Mase as the 6th either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

would he?  more valuable than keyes?  cant remember – did williams just get cut also?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Williams is still on the team.I thought Greene had done enough on special teams and as down back to stick but he was waived early.  I suspect the team wants a younger prospect to groom or a special teams ace to team up with Williams.  With Bell sent to IR the Bucs need special teams help badly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree he’d give us some thump on 3rd and short. Foster knows our system, and he’s also good at blitzing, which he was rarely used for. Anything along the LOS he was pretty good at, as long as he didn’t have to play in space…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really like Foster as a person, but no thanks. He is a really bad fit for this D at Mike.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

This is inarguable……..

He is a really bad fit for this D at Mike.

But... 

I would also like a sub package short yardage/goal line mlb with a little thump who I have seen do pretty well filling gaps against the run inside.  We are talking about our 6th lb.  If there is a kid they like out there get him.  I would not be at all opposed to Mase as the 6th either.

I couldn't agree more with this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like good coaches use roster spots for specific roles like that.  We are really in good shape at LB, general depth not as important because our depth can cover multiple positions.  So use the last spot to add something you might not have.  I also think that spot should be special teams focused, and that Mase could fill that role very well.Plus, I am honestly scared to put Kwon in some of those situations.  Dude looks so special, and I absolutely love the balls out way he plays.  He isn't built to eat blocks though, imo.  I would be gutted if we lost him slamming into a pile of bodies on the goal line, or trying to stuff some rock head FB in the backfield on 3rd and 1 to blow up the lead block.  I hope we can eventually move Kwon outside in situations and have he and LD flanking a "true" mlb to pursue and tackle.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I dont think they even put one second though into bringing him back. Dude is a big plodding LB like DaBears use to run out there. Obviously they are looking for smaller quicker guy like David and Alexander these days. No dinos.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont think they even put one second though into bringing him back. Dude is a big plodding LB like DaBears use to run out there. Obviously they are looking for smaller quicker guy like David and Alexander these days. No dinos.

yeah, hopefully the front office isn't playing checkers like the above opinion. we need some chess players running the show.

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.