Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Who was the big winner in Tampa Bay following the 2014 draft? Why did the Bucs draft another RB in Charles Sims? Is Lovie Smith’s Tampa Bay team built to win in 2014? Which three rookies will make the biggest instant impact for the Bucs? Get the answers and more Bucs draft insight in this edition of SR’s Fab 5.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9808

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith hopes that McCown can excel in his first two years in Tampa Bay to the point where he can earn another short-term contract to close out his career in four or five more years.Think how awesome Glennon will be after sitting on the bench until 2020!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith was fired in Chicago for missing the playoffs 5 out of his last 6 years and I guess he didn’t learn a thing during his year off if he thinks he doesn’t have to find his franchise QB.  And no, there is no pressure for him to win right away.  There wasn’t for Dungy and Gruden got fired after 7 years.  And define winning now!  This team best hope is to be mediocre over being horrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith was fired in Chicago for missing the playoffs 5 out of his last 6 years and I guess he didn't learn a thing during his year off if he thinks he doesn't have to find his franchise QB.  And no, there is no pressure for him to win right away.  There wasn't for Dungy and Gruden got fired after 7 years.  And define winning now!  This team best hope is to be mediocre over being horrible.

I think you can argue Smith didn't get fired for not having a franchise QB. He left the next coach two QBs and a bunch of skill players who would combine to have the #8 total offense in 2013. The players were there for success. Where Lovie failed is with his offensive coordinators and offensive linemen. Thankfully, he didn't bring any of them to Tampa with him. He is legitimately trying something new.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In Tedford I trust. Really looking forward to watching this offense in action.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht commented about Josh McCown sending him a message that he’ll be sending him something more than a Christmas card come December. I expect Tedford will too…     LOL; I doubt Lovie's choice of words when approving of Glennon was meant as a comparison to his comment about McCown. Truth is he's just happy to have TWO QBs in camp who had productive years in 2013. Not too many teams can say that... ;)    I am just ecstatic Glennon has such a perfect mentor after the Josh Freeman disaster. McCown actually WAS a coach, albeit High School, before he re-signed with the Bears. He credits that job as making him really study the game and later applying it to his own game once back in the NFL. Cool story in itself...

Please wait…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.