Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Ta’von Coney is a better 3-4 mlb prospect than White imo. White is just a bigger Kwon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is such a cluster fuck… I can no longer tell if it was Smith and our moronic defensive philosophy, or that Spence is simply too small and his quickness isn’t elite enough to play him in anything other than obvious passing downs.

I want to believe that Smith was trying to fit square pegs in round holes, and that Buckner only wanted the bigs out there, and that he didn’t get a chance, and he could play linebacker in a 3-4… I’m just jaded.

Chicken or the fucking egg?

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

Whatever Spence does in 2019, he has to be let walk. Averaged 2.2 sacks per season in his 3 non-contract seasons. He’s going to have a big off-season, probably play well this year, get a bunch of sacks. Then what? You pay him based off and he goes back nothing?

Marcus Jones averaged 2 sacks per season in his 4 non contract seasons. Contract year? 13. Got a $40M contract, which was huge back then. The equivalent to a $100M contract today. 3 sacks the next year playing on a DL with Sapp, Rice, McFarland and Wyms.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Spence’s best chance is playing 9 technique rushing the passer. He got to do that well a little his rookie year until teams found out he was a one trick pony with that shoulder. Hopefully, he still has some of that same speed with the size and a healthier shoulder. If he can finally put it together this year, then just tag him and have him to do it again before paying him.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

Spence is going on his 4th year and we keep talking about potential instead of performance. There are only 53 spots on a roster. Time to evaluate their roster like a big league team rather than a baseball farm system.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Spence is going on his 4th year and we keep talking about potential instead of performance. There are only 53 spots on a roster. Time to evaluate their roster like a big league team rather than a baseball farm system.

This is called preseason.  There are definitely going to be some guys who won’t be kept around on the inactive squad all year like they were this year.  Cappa, Spence, and Jones to name three.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

This is called preseason. There are definitely going to be some guys who won’t be kept around on the inactive squad all year like they were this year. Cappa, Spence, and Jones to name three.

For Licht to have kept his job and Koetter get fired, he had to have  talked up some of his draft picks not playing enough or not being coached right to the Glazers. Spence has been a Licht favorite. He’s going to be on the team and going to be playing.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

SPence with a real defensive coach will be really damn good. Kinda like RoJo. Coaching matters. Stop wasting talent.

Please wait…

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

SPence with a real defensive coach will be really damn good. Kinda like RoJo. Coaching matters. Stop wasting talent.

While I would really love for this to be true, I have my doubts.  Can’t wait to find out.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Ask yourself a honest question. What talent did the last coaches develop on the team?

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.