Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• nitey

Participant

Roy Cummings ?@RCummingsTBO  4m4 minutes agoWR MIke Evans (hamstring) and LT Donovan Smith (foot/ankle) were both sitting out #Bucs practice today. Good news  Smith no longer in bootPewterReport.com ?@PewterReport  3m3 minutes agoMay not mean anything, but Alterraun Verner fielded a couple punts at practice Monday. Adam Humphries handled majority & Bobby Rainey a fewPaul Kuharsky ?@PaulKuharskyNFL  3m3 minutes agoMariota: Not thinking about Jameis Winston and No. 1 pick vs. No. 2 pick at all. "I'm focused on what our team has to do." #Titans

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD  11m11 minutes agoLT D. Smith (ankle), WR Mike Evans (hamstring), DE T.J. Fatinikun (shoulder) not practicing today. DE J. Smith (hamstring) is back.Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD  2m2 minutes ago#Bucs DE George Johnson on the team's apparent lack of edge rushers. "We're going to go out there and prove everybody wrong...''Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD  5s6 seconds agoWR Louis Murphy on the Bucs 2015 season. “I feel we’re going to be a really good team. I feel there’s a hurricane brewing in the bay...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a bad feeling about Evans

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully we’ll get an update on Evans at Lovie’s presser today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It Evans is not at practice on Wednesday, then there is need for concern because the injury was originally reported as not serious and they were sitting him out for precautionary reasons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a bad feeling about Evans

Yeah, I'm getting a little nervous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So let’s see starting Lt rt wr and QB are all either dinged up or injured.  Starting de just got back on the practice field. Its almost comical. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No reason to rush Evans to the field.  Bucs have WR’s that can get open in Koetters system.  The problem is going to be if they start to double Vincent Jackson that means somebody is going to have to make a play.  I suspect Murphy can do it as he once was a #1 WR as a starter.

Please wait…

• austin1211

Participant

Evans man…hope this guy gets healthy, we need him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No reason to rush Evans to the field.  Bucs have WR's that can get open in Koetters system.  The problem is going to be if they start to double Vincent Jackson that means somebody is going to have to make a play.  I suspect Murphy can do it as he once was a #1 WR as a starter.

I like the guy. Not "third and ike," but more, "gimme the ball and see what i can do."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Evans returns to practice by Friday, he plays Sunday. Keeping fingers crossed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans will definitely be playing on Sunday. He could have been practicing but has been held out to get as close to 100% as possible for Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans will definitely be playing on Sunday. He could have been practicing but has been held out to get as close to 100% as possible for Sunday.

I hope so.  Anyone that has ever had a Hammy issue knows that one wrong extension and boom, right back to the bench. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope so.  Anyone that has ever had a Hammy issue knows that one wrong extension and boom, right back to the bench.

Yup. It has to be 100 or nothing, IMO.When I was in my twenties and would occasionally get them, they would heal quickly enough. In my early thirties I suffered such a severe strain playing basketball (which was very odd, because I NEVER popped it playing ball before). It turned black and red and blue, covered the back of my hamstring almost entirely. That hurt so bad and took so long to heal, it wasn't ready for at least four months if I recall. Hopefully, he doesn't have a severe grade strain, or severe tear...That would wipe his season out, and make him a guy that may become very prone to them. I know Aqib Talib is due for a lower leg injury any second now.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

No reason to rush Evans to the field.  Bucs have WR's that can get open in Koetters system.  The problem is going to be if they start to double Vincent Jackson that means somebody is going to have to make a play.  I suspect Murphy can do it as he once was a #1 WR as a starter.

I agree. One of the areas I have the most confidence in is the receivers. We're pretty deep in quality folks who can step in if needed. Evans got off to somewhat of the same start last season, with a small injury. He seems like the type of player who will bounce back and be there.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

If Evans returns to practice by Friday, he plays Sunday. Keeping fingers crossed.

I'm right there hoping with you. :)Of course, if Evans is not 100%, we could always put Glennon in to run his routes. He's tall enough. (evil grin) :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. It has to be 100 or nothing, IMO.When I was in my twenties and would occasionally get them, they would heal quickly enough. In my early thirties I suffered such a severe strain playing basketball (which was very odd, because I NEVER popped it playing ball before). It turned black and red and blue, covered the back of my hamstring almost entirely. That hurt so bad and took so long to heal, it wasn't ready for at least four months if I recall. Hopefully, he doesn't have a severe grade strain, or severe tear...That would wipe his season out, and make him a guy that may become very prone to them. I know Aqib Talib is due for a lower leg injury any second now.

Eons ago no? ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Evan’s injured hammy being deemed “minor” and him missing practice are in conflict. It’s only been two weeks. I think Wednesday is a key day toward determining if he's likely to play, but the key is getting it right v. playing in week 1.

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.