Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• dmajik85

Participant

Gotta admit, I’m a little bummed about the Saints picking Cooks. Never saw him as available to us, but have to give credit where credit’s due: Payton’s going to squeeze every ounce of his speed and ability, of which there’s plenty. This looks like a pretty smooth move and good way to replace Sproles’ speed.That being the negative, the positive is the Panthers were absolutely sold (put the pick in real fast) on Benjamin. Could be totally wrong on this one but I've pegged him as most-likely-to-bust candidate. There were rumors he blew off a meeting or two with teams... gained weight and is over 240 (Mike Williams territory). Watched his TV spots on NFLN and ESPN, came away thinking he didn't appear switched on. Sure he has a MASSIVE catch radius - so did Dwayne Jarrett. Can't help but see the Panthers letting go their main receivers and banking on a huge unknown. They were fortunate on a number of levels last year; don't see it getting better with the construct of their offense.Falgoons made the right pick but I'm not sweating it... Matthews will be solid for a long time, maybe top tier. But their issues run deeper than one RT. Their defense is straight up lacking in talent. There's no scheming around Umenyiora as your best past rusher.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with everything. I think everyone sees Benjamin as a major bust candidate. NFLN displayed the history of 1-year wonder WRs in college and the list was not pretty.I do think Mathews might be a better pick up than you're thinking. The Falcons OL trouble was their #1 reason for sinking as a team last year, if they keep Matt Ryan upright he's going to do damage as always.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I think Matthews is a strong pick… but ATL’s vulnerability is on defense. I just don’t see anyone – short of maybe Witherspoon – that’s going to worry people on defense.On day 2 I have similar thoughts... Rasheed Hageman looks like the classic bust candidate. Maybe a coach drills out all his potential, but he hasn't done it yet. Same for the Kitties... Kony Ealy fell that far in a draft with minimal talent at the position. He didn't seem special when I watched him. Competent yes, but he doesn't worry me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saints seem to prepare themselves to defend the Bucs newest 6’5 targets with the Jean-Baptiste pick. He’s a 6’3 / 218 corner.Hated Cooks to NO, but don't worry about the Benjamin pick. He's big and athletic, but not very physical and I question his instincts. Ramses Barden 2.0 to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree on Benjamin.  I saw every game he played.  He made some clutch catches but he had a lot of drops. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe all our teams are drafting well in the NFC South so far.  I am happy that we have picked in a way that we have a lot more offensive weapons than before.  I have a lot of confidence with this drafting team than I had with the ones the last four years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I think Matthews is a strong pick... but ATL's vulnerability is on defense. I just don't see anyone - short of maybe Witherspoon - that's going to worry people on defense.

Defence is definitely a weakness, but honestly their OL might have been the no. 1 reason they were so bad last year. It was terrible, and even with the injuries to Jones and White, it didn't matter because Ryan had no time to throw.

Please wait…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.