Viewing 36 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

G  ATT  CP    PCT  ATG  YDS    YPA  YPG  TD  TD% IN  IN%  LTD 20+ 40+ SCK SY  RTGDrew Brees        16 526  320  60.8    32.9  3,284  6.2  205.2  17  3.2  16  3.0    50T  40  4    24  180  76.9Matt Ryan          16 434  265  61.1  27.1  3,440    7.9  215.    16  3.7  11  2.5    70T 45    9    17    104  87.7Cam Newton      16 517  310  60      32.3    4051    7.8    253    21    4.1  17  3.3    91T  65  9    35    260  84.5Mike Glennon    13  416  247  59.4  32      2608    6.3    200.6  19    4.6  9    2.2    85T  28 7    40    314  83.9 Above is reason enough to keep riding with Glennon and why he will be named the starter during the pre-season.  I think we can all agree that the other QBs in our division are franchise type QBs and all had their ups and downs to start.  Glennon compares favorably and actually played against tougher defenses his rookie season than any of them.  I'm not sure there is any scenario in recent memory where a QB posted #s like Glennon's and, health aside, that QB wasn't allowed to come back and develop their game as the starter.  As a coach, going with McCown puts your job in jeopardy quickly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4 wins. And one of them has a huge asterisk.That's why there is a question about who is starting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4 wins. And one of them has a huge asterisk.That's why there is a question about who is starting.

Any first year QB would have had a tough time winning with last years offensive cast.  Hell, most veterans would have struggled with what we trotted out last year on O.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m really starting to believe 10lbbass is related to Glennon somehow…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are we supposed to learn when the best QB in the division had the worst “rookie” stats? Should we get rid of Glennon because he was too good?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

another Glennon thread?  hmm . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Red board idiots are so idiotic….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are we supposed to learn when the best QB in the division had the worst "rookie" stats? Should we get rid of Glennon because he was too good?

Exactly! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one is questioning that Glennon had a great rookie year with all that happened.  I just question how much better he can get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one is questioning that Glennon had a great rookie year with all that happened.  I just question how much better he can get.

Well said sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not like he had the greatest coaching, is it?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“No one is questioning that Glennon had a great rookie year with all that happened.”Only if by "no one" you mean many people. A multitude of bashers are questioning precisely that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"No one is questioning that Glennon had a great rookie year with all that happened."Only if by "no one" you mean many people. A multitude of bashers are questioning precisely that.

That's kind of what I have gathered.  We know a lot about the personality of the previous head coach and his style and personality were quickly adapted by Glennon when he came in.  The million dollar question is, "Is that who Glennon is as a player or is he capable of adapting his game to be a more wide open surgical threat when needed?"  While I agree we dont have the answers to this just yet, I will say that he's shown the ability to learn and adjust to a new offense thus far and should improve in the pre-season even more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will say that he's shown the ability to learn and adjust to a new offense thus far and should improve in the pre-season even more.

It appears that McCown has done the same. It should be interesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon has always been Mr conservative. It’s a characteristic that schiano coveted.Trouble is, if he opens his game up to score more points, he will be playing against his natural tendencies. He's not going to stage comebacks, but he might be able to help keep the scoreboard even enough to squeak out some wins. That's what we would get with a second year glennon starting.Mccown at least has that tremendous possible upside we saw last season. Glennon will be here for a bit, and now that we have him (mccown), I'd personally rather see what the old goat has left first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon has always been Mr conservative. It's a characteristic that schiano coveted.Trouble is, if he opens his game up to score more points, he will be playing against his natural tendencies. He's not going to stage comebacks, but he might be able to help keep the scoreboard even enough to squeak out some wins. That's what we would get with a second year glennon starting.Mccown at least has that tremendous possible upside we saw last season. Glennon will be here for a bit, and now that we have him (mccown), I'd personally rather see what the old goat has left first.

Actually, I kind of disagree with this. He took a lot of chances at NC State, which is why his interception totals were a little high. When he got here, I think The Schitator drilled it into his skull that the team can't afford to get beat by his turnovers so he played it safe most of the time.Truth be told, I haven't given up on Glennon. I haven't seen franchise level tools in him but I still think there might be enough there to make him a pretty decent quarterback in the NFL. Is it for this team? I don't know. We'll see if a couple years marinating on the bench under a veteran leader like McCown will help. The kid wants to be good and from all reports is putting in the extra effort to get better. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove it in training camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look @ Brees’ rookie year…not to mention he is short with an average arm…guy must not have a very high ceiling ….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its also worth noting that the stats listed for Brees were from his 2nd year- not his rookie year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a bum….write him off…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its also worth noting that the stats listed for Brees were from his 2nd year- not his rookie year.

That was done because I think Brees only played one game in his rookie season.  I wanted to show his first real series of games as a starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look @ Brees' rookie year...not to mention he is short with an average arm...guy must not have a very high ceiling ....

Once he learned to get the ball out quicker, it was on. His compact frame and quick/close throwing motion/ratio/diameter of his "swing" makes it very tough to get a hand on him before he quickly lets it go.Glennon, however, takes too much time and his arm is not compact. His size, like freeman, comes with the disadvantage of having a large throwing radius. Meaning, his arms and body parts (legs) need more room to operate, which in turn allows more for a DL to grab easier. It makes it even worse when he holds on to the ball too long.My opinion of glennon is that he needs more time. Not only that, but he needs to bulk up slightly, and get into a natural rhythm at top speed. That can be coached, and may be coached, given tedford's supposedly fast(er) paced offense.I don't want to pick on the kid, because he did have a good moment or two here and there, but idk if he is any better than what we've seen. We can SAY he SHOULD improve, with this addition, and this addition, ..but we don't know. He may not, and that be all he has no matter who is in front of him.Speed(mental or otherwise) is (imo) key to the qb position. But speed may also be glennon's Achilles heal. Time will tell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Red board idiots are so idiotic....

Welcome aboard!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

G  ATT  CP    PCT  ATG  YDS    YPA  YPG  TD  TD% IN  IN%  LTD 20+ 40+ SCK SY  RTGDrew Brees        16 526  320  60.8    32.9  3,284  6.2  205.2  17  3.2  16  3.0    50T  40  4    24  180  76.9Matt Ryan          16 434  265  61.1  27.1  3,440    7.9  215.    16  3.7  11  2.5    70T 45    9    17    104  87.7Cam Newton      16 517  310  60      32.3    4051    7.8    253    21    4.1  17  3.3    91T  65  9    35    260  84.5Mike Glennon    13  416  247  59.4  32      2608    6.3    200.6  19    4.6  9    2.2    85T  28 7    40    314  83.9 Above is reason enough to keep riding with Glennon and why he will be named the starter during the pre-season.  I think we can all agree that the other QBs in our division are franchise type QBs and all had their ups and downs to start.  Glennon compares favorably and actually played against tougher defenses his rookie season than any of them.  I'm not sure there is any scenario in recent memory where a QB posted #s like Glennon's and, health aside, that QB wasn't allowed to come back and develop their game as the starter.  As a coach, going with McCown puts your job in jeopardy quickly.

The wide range of varibles that were in play for each QB during his rookie year makes this stat sheet utterly useless...Nice try though....but some knucklehead will put it to good use in his arguement in favor of Glennon anyway....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or a knucklehead will float in here, make a disparaging comment because he just plain does t like the guy. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or a knucklehead will float in here, make a disparaging comment because he just plain does t like the guy.

Why does everyone but Glennon have 16 games? You need to do the math to simulate what Glennon's stats would look like that season with 16 games given his average in his 13 actual games. That is if you want to compare apples to apples instead of apples to oranges.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honest question, if McCown is the starter like everyone says he is going to be, how do we really know how much better Glennon can be? I don't think anyone disputes Glennon's smarts, it's more his ability. Are we going to know his true bar if he's playing with 2nd stringers in preseason against 2nd string defenders?--I'm not saying hand him the job, but I'd love to see Glennon and McCown both get 2 games with the #1s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why does everyone but Glennon have 16 games? You need to do the math to simulate what Glennon's stats would look like that season with 16 games given his average in his 13 actual games. That is if you want to compare apples to apples instead of apples to oranges.

Without three more games we are comparing apples to oranges? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bree’s was a rookie quite some time ago. Rules and the game were very different. Even with Matt Ryan’s rookie year year, the passing game has changed somewhat, but he’s a bit more comparable. Newton and glennon are the closest to legit comparison IMO and their numbers differ fairly significantly. Even then, comparing all of these without context is weak at best.I think it's safe to argue Bree's played for an equally as bad of a team when the league was less offensive friendly. With Ryan, I think their situations were fairly similar along with the nfl rules. Ryan had a solid run game and 1 big wr(white).  His line was better, but his recieving options were no different.Newton is the closest and actually out performed glennon in every way except protecting the football. Ithe panthers had a solid run game as well, but little recieving options past Steve smith.So really, aside from a guy who started in a different era, Glennons only shinning stat is his protecting the football. The only thing he was lacking as far as an offensive comparison is a little bit better offensive lines. None of which makes him stand out. It doesn't make him look like a bum either, but it does quell optimism that he will be in the same league as those other qbs. I'm personally not that big of a fan of Newton or Ryan either, but they do enough to command some respect. Hopefully glennon can one day do the same.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bree's was a rookie quite some time ago. Rules and the game were very different. Even with Matt Ryan's rookie year year, the passing game has changed somewhat, but he's a bit more comparable. Newton and glennon are the closest to legit comparison IMO and their numbers differ fairly significantly. Even then, comparing all of these without context is weak at best.I think it's safe to argue Bree's played for an equally as bad of a team when the league was less offensive friendly. With Ryan, I think their situations were fairly similar along with the nfl rules. Ryan had a solid run game and 1 big wr(white).  His line was better, but his recieving options were no different.Newton is the closest and actually out performed glennon in every way except protecting the football. Ithe panthers had a solid run game as well, but little recieving options past Steve smith.So really, aside from a guy who started in a different era, Glennons only shinning stat is his protecting the football. The only thing he was lacking as far as an offensive comparison is a little bit better offensive lines. None of which makes him stand out. It doesn't make him look like a bum either, but it does quell optimism that he will be in the same league as those other qbs. I'm personally not that big of a fan of Newton or Ryan either, but they do enough to command some respect. Hopefully glennon can one day do the same.

The context is simple.  We all know the circumstances at OBP that GLennon came into.  IF we are really digging into this, there has never been a QB to come into a worse situation than Glennon did in the modern NFL.  Also, very few that have put up Glennon's #s or better have ever reverted backwards year two (sorry Rick Mirer) but if he was to start year two, he has a good chance of improving quite a bit which would probably equate to more victories. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give me a fucking break. None have come into a worse situation? Any Cleveland, Oakland, or buffalo qb would like to argue this case. Hell, freeman came into a Raheem Morris lead team that went through one of the biggest roster over hauls in recent history. He didn’t have any weapons starting out.  Also, plenty have put up numbers equal to, or better than glennon. Freeman himself had good numbers and petty records and turned to garbage.Are you seriously resorting to making shit up and flat out lies to contend against simple facts? Sounds like you're just grasping at straws to try to attempt to form some sort of justification to your random numbers with no context...and by sounds like, I mean it's a given.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are you losing your cool , Tatted Manish ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t use profanity while keeping a cool head? Sorry if I tried to express the stupidity of his post with the use of profanity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give me a **CENSORED**ing break. None have come into a worse situation? Any Cleveland, Oakland, or buffalo qb would like to argue this case. Hell, freeman came into a Raheem Morris lead team that went through one of the biggest roster over hauls in recent history. He didn't have any weapons starting out.  Also, plenty have put up numbers equal to, or better than glennon. Freeman himself had good numbers and petty records and turned to garbage.Are you seriously resorting to making **CENSORED** up and flat out lies to contend against simple facts? Sounds like you're just grasping at straws to try to attempt to form some sort of justification to your random numbers with no context...and by sounds like, I mean it's a given.

You are out of your mind if you think any of those were worse than what Glennon came into.  Everyone thinks you just go under center and say hut, hut, hike.  There's a lot more that goes into getting ready to play in the NFL and if you can't see the entire scope of what was going on at OBP and his that might effect a rookie's working environment than I can see it for you.  Glennon is a straight arrow that works his ass off.  There won't be any flaking out by him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I provided actual evidence. You provided the opinion that I don’t know what I’m speaking of. If that isn’t bass akwards, I don’t know what is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I provided actual evidence. You provided the opinion that I don't know what I'm speaking of. If that isn't bass akwards, I don't know what is.

To go through the laundry list of evidence is a bit tedious.  You were here last year, you know about everything.  My psyche won't allow me to relive it through verse, there is absolutely no cathartic value in it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Without three more games we are comparing apples to oranges?

Was it unclear? If you need more help seek the high school English teacher that failed you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m kinda shocked no one is pointing out that Brees’ rookie season was 2001, where didn’t he play 1 game? so this isn’t truly a Rookie Stat comparison, this is more a first full year as a starter. (the Brees stats here are from 2002, technically not his rookie season, meaning he had a full season with NFL coaches before his first full year as starter)

Please wait…

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.