Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Locks:

Brady
      Evans
      Marpet
      Shaq
      Vea
      David
      White
      Wirfs

Should bes:

Godwin
      Jensen
      Suh
      Gronk
      Awj
      Davis
      Smb

• leeroybuc93

Participant

You think we should have 15 of the league’s top 100 players? That seems like a lot. I agree with your locks but wouldn’t be shocked if Marpet and Vea were left out.

I live in Kansas and the Chiefs fans here had no idea who Vea was. I’d just smile and tell them, “You’re about to find out.”

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Who do you disagree with in the should bes? Awj & smb maybe. Dean is an option as well. Pff loves him.

• Bucman

Participant

I don’t think Fans vote on NFL top 100. Its all done by players

• seekpar

Participant

32 teams, that’s an average of just over 3 per team. NO way the Bucs have 8 on the list, let alone 15.

Definites-
      Tom Brady
      Mike Evans
      Shaquil Barrett
      Devon White

Possibles-
      Chris Godwin
      Rob Gronkowski

That’s about all the love the Bucs will get…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Gotta consider not everyone on the list will be in tampa in 2021 (shaq)

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

This team is absolutely loaded. As tough as FA will be this year, next year even more so.

Theres a podcast called buccaneers observers. They called the 2020 tampa team the best football team ever assembled.

Bold, but not as crazy as you’d think.

• buccnation

Participant

Haha no shot is Suh a top 100 player. He’s an average DT. Neither are Davis, SMB, Winfield, or Jensen. We have a lot of very good players but some players get more praise due to the fact that those around them make them look even better.

Also, if this is solely based on this past season, then Brady, Evans, David, and Barrett are for sure top 100 players. I’d argue Marpet and Wirfs deserve it as well.

This was not the greatest team ever put together. We were very good but greatest ever? No way.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Saying suh is average leads me to believe you are a casual.

Hes much better than McCoy ever was.

Him + vea eat 3 or 4 blockers, freeing up the edge.

Hes more important than you realize.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Suh is a top 10 if not top 5 idl atm.

Vea i got #2 behind Donald.

• buccnation

Participant

Suh is not a top 10 DT. McCoy was a much better player when he was here vs Suh has been as a Buc. That is not to say Suh hasn’t been solid for us. He’s filled his role. I’d take Cox, Chris Jones, Geno Adkins, Vea, Donald, Jeff Simmons, Heyward, Buckner, Quinnen Williams, Leonard Williams, Jarrett, Payne, Allen, and many others over Suh. And that’s no disrespect to Suh. This is just who he is at this point in his career. </p>
      <p>Stop being a homer.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Not being a homer mah dude.

Please sell me some of what you’re smoking tho.

Thas some good shit!!

Do yourself a favor & watch some game film and or the all 22 & tell me mccoy>suh. Kthxbye.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

WOW man! I love my bucs too but LOL, geez!

IMO as I see the guys that will not be and all of your maybes are certainly not going to make it. They are as follows with reason why:

Vea- Nope (missed half a season)

David- MAYBE but tbh without breaking it down it seemed to me like he’d had better years and not made it.

Shaq- Nope his 2020 season netted 8 sacks. Post season completely different story but I say he’s out of the top 100 for the 2020 season.

Marpet- Negative. Only the most dominant OL will make it. Wirfs, as great as he was is a MAYBE imo.

• buccnation

Participant

I suggest you do some film review on Suh vs the other DT’s I mentioned. He’s nowhere near a top 10 DT anymore. Solid though.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Closer to top 5 then he is average, thats for damn sure! Lawl.

• Jahhmmon

Participant

Who I can see realistically on the Too 100:
      Brady
      White (postseason helped a lot)
      Mike

Who I think deserves to be in the top 100:
      Wirfs
      Marpet
      Lavonte

Lavonte and Godwin didn’t have the best stats this year and if Vea played the whole season and balled out I could see him sneaking in as well. I don’t think people understand how hard it is to get to the top 100. There is always going to be bias, even if the players vote. I’d love to have as many Bucs in, but the reality is the Bucs were still finding their chemistry in the regular season. They were good enough to make the playoffs and really turned it on in the late regular season- postseason. The super bowl by far was the best game we played, maybe if we destroyed the Saints and chiefs and rams in the regular season then we would have more

• buc-in-out

Participant

Agreed with Jahhmonn. I believe the only Bucs that’ll make this list are Brady, Mike and White.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.