Viewing 81 reply threads

• Author

• zsmith22

Participant

If Teddy or Manziel’s on the board at 7, I’d be surprised to see us go a different route. Doubtful that we’d get a second for Glennon, but I think its very clear that Lovie and Licht believe he is not the QB of the future.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346963/article/mike-glennon-could-be-traded-for-secondround-pick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way are we getting a 2nd rounder for Glennon. I think we could get a 3rd, but if no one is willing to do that either, I think we should hold on to Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be ecstatic with a second rounder for Glennon but a 3rd rounder seems more likely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just wish 10lb was an NFL GM, we’d be golden!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of you guys are going to have some crow to eat if this happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A second would be great. We shouldnt move him for anything less than an early third rounder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Lovie wanted multiple QB’s to take into training camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How soon does this hypothetical trade have to happen?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown, Rookie, Kafka are probably enough…Maybe a UDFA?/and if they get their guy, at worst take a fourth + late rounder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

if we got a 2nd for Glennon id crap my pants. id be thrilled with a 3rd and probly ok with a 4th

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would love a 2nd after we draft jff with the 7th overall we could then trade glennon and trade are two 2nd round picks and jump back into the first and maybe get a guy brandin cooks. Or keep both 2nd rounders pick up Allen Robinson and a guard. Championship.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht is a freakin’ rockstar if he gets a 2 for Glennon!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funniest thing I’ve heard all week. Id be thrilled with a 4th for glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think a 2nd for Glennon is a pipe dream. I’ll be very happy if we can get back the 4th rounder we are missing. Anything more than that is just an amazing bonus.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

lol 2nd for glennon.  if a qb is taken at 7 and glennon is not traded, then licht will be happy for a 4th for glennon at that point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ian Rapoport ?@RapSheet 3h#Bucs named McCown the starter, but that only means he’ll take first snap in camp. 2013 starter, Glennon will compete. Won’t give him awayIan Rapoport ?@RapSheet 3hIf the #Bucs can get a second rounder for Mike Glennon, expect them to make the move (if they draft a QB early this week).PJ Walsh ?@FNPNASCAR 3h@RapSheet If the Bucs can get a 2nd rounder for Glennon, is it fair to say the Redskins could easily get a 1st rounder for Cousins?Ian Rapoport ?@RapSheet 3h@FNPNASCAR no

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol @ 1st for Cousins when he has played like utter trash when given the chance. Glennon showed flashes, but I bet if someone offered a 4th the Bucs would do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think a 2nd for Glennon is a pipe dream. I'll be very happy if we can get back the 4th rounder we are missing. Anything more than that is just an amazing bonus.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont see why people struggle to see getting a 2 for this kid. He came in a  rook and played better than pretty much all the other rookies last season in  shit situation. What second round QB coming out have shown anything yet? NONE!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

19 TD’s 9 INT’s and 60% completion rate on a team with only V.Jackson to throw to really, top 3 running backs injured and a suspect offensive line. Yeah we better get at least a third for him.

Please wait…

• barbuc

Participant

Crazier things have happened. Didn’t we get a 2nd for Gaines Adams once? And a 2nd for Booger McFarland? It might be a long shot to some, and to an extent I agree, but the media seems to like the guy, and perception is a powerful thing. I consider it more likely that he’s involved in a draft day move (perhaps a swapping of picks in the 1st or 2nd round) than a straight up trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Strange how the whole premise of the article is based on Rapoport’s opinion, but the Glennon haters can’t understand that they are scoffing it’s validity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way we get more than a 4th.Glennon will be on the Bucs roster come September. Not buying any of this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be tickled shlitless to get a second. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be tickled shlitless to get a second.

Did Dave just type "tickled "shlitless"?? LOL. I would also be pretty happy but anything less than a third would bother me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon will fetch a 2015 second round draft choice if we hold on to him until mid season. Injuries happen all the time. Best case is he shows us he is the answer at QB and we keep him and start him  late in 2014 or start of  2015.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Teddy or Manziel's on the board at 7, I'd be surprised to see us go a different route. Doubtful that we'd get a second for Glennon, but I think its very clear that Lovie and Licht believe he is not the QB of the future.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346963/article/mike-glennon-could-be-traded-for-secondround-pick

The Bucs are not open to it either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The great thing about Glennon is the Bucs don’t have to move him. He can be relegated to third string if no one wants to give up any cheese for him.That said, I think 3rd round is the ceiling. If Licht gets a 2nd, it's highway robbery.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody in the league will go no higher than a 4th rounder….Stop touching yourselves....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF this rumor is true, then the Bucs obviously have at least 2 QB’s highly graded.  They can’t be putting all their eggs in the Manziel basket, since there’s a good chance he’ll be gone by 7.  I hate to say it, but I have a very strong suspicion that Carr is the pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fact that they are throwing 2nd out there means they really want a 3rd. You always start high in negotiations so your partner thinks they are getting a deal when they talk you down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What makes you think they would move up for a QB?They may make a move for Mack....That's about it....Only Jerry Jones is stupid enough to move up for Manziel....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fact that they are throwing 2nd out there means they really want a 3rd. You always start high in negotiations so your partner thinks they are getting a deal when they talk you down.

Who is they?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who is they?

Whoever is interested .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont want to rip Cousin. I could understand why we should rather try your luck with him than Glennon. But a guy one year older, with alot less NFL experience and worse stats which he got on PO Team with SB HC, instead of a team on a 1-9 run with a suspect HC is worth a 1st rounder, while we have to be happy to get a 4th rounder for Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody in the league will go no higher than a 4th rounder....Stop touching yourselves....

Exactly what I've been saying.I do understand that Bucs have to start shopping him for a 2nd but will likely settle for 4th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who is they?

Whoever is interested .

...in pushing the run on QBs down into the 2nd?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Licht gets a 2nd rounder for Glennon that’s highway robbery. A third rounder would be great, but I think we’re getting 4th rounder for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not convinced anyone is going to choose to spend a 3rd or 4th on Glennon over one of the QBs available in this class. I’d be ecstatic with a 4th.

Please wait…

• barbuc

Participant

I'm not convinced anyone is going to choose to spend a 3rd or 4th on Glennon over one of the QBs available in this class. I'd be ecstatic with a 4th.

I wouldn't. He's better to have around than anything we would be able to get in the 4th. At that point, you keep your backup with experience. If not, you just have to spend a pick to replace him anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we got a 2nd I am fairly positive it would be a 2015 or 2016 pick. Anything more than a 4th this year is a pipe dream.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Advertise a second, get a third or fourth and change.  Start high

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Advertise a second, get a third or fourth and change.  Start high

This. And there is a lot of talent in the draft at QB beyond the 1st round. I'd trade for a 3rd in a heart beat, especially if we could get Mike Evans in the 1st, OL help in the 2nd, and Aaron Murray in the 3rd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lucky to get a 5th for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon can be a solid backup QB for a lot of teams.  He performed beyond his 3rd pick investment. It’s a long season and depth at the QB position can make/break a playoff run.A second round pick for Glennon might sound outrageous to the average Buc fan but he might feel like a warmer than average blanket to a playoff contender. I like it that L&L are confident enough to cast the bait and see who bites.Mike Glennon, NFL experience and his composure > than a roll of the dice on a round 2 unproven rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not convinced anyone is going to choose to spend a 3rd or 4th on Glennon over one of the QBs available in this class. I'd be ecstatic with a 4th.

I wouldn't. He's better to have around than anything we would be able to get in the 4th. At that point, you keep your backup with experience. If not, you just have to spend a pick to replace him anyways.

Exactly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They could also be trying to set a pricepoint if used to trade up.  Like saying we’ll give you our 2nd and Glennon, so it’s like getting two #2’s in exchange for the 31st pick!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s worth more than a third, so a second sounds about right.More than likely, they're going to use him to make their play for manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won’t fetch a second.But he could fetch a third.  He is a solid backup type, and he played in a chaotic, crap storm of an offense with hardly any marquee names and an absolutely crappy offensive line.However, I wouldn't get rid of him for anything less than a third.  Otherwise, he is a cheap, solid, coachable backup that is cheap.  Absolutely STUPID STUPID STUPID to ditch this guy for anythingother than what the Bucs gave up for him.  He is a reliable player, and depth is an issue.  Kafka sucks hardcore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won't fetch a second.But he could fetch a third.  He is a solid backup type, and he played in a chaotic, crap storm of an offense with hardly any marquee names and an absolutely crappy offensive line.However, I wouldn't get rid of him for anything less than a third.  Otherwise, he is a cheap, solid, coachable backup that is cheap.  Absolutely STUPID STUPID STUPID to ditch this guy for anythingother than what the Bucs gave up for him.  He is a reliable player, and depth is an issue.  Kafka sucks hardcore.

If he doesn't have the athleticism and mobility to do what we want, than he doesn't fit and he isn't a good back up for us. He doesn't have any value if he isn't a good fit. So a 4th will do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there is no way they get a 2nd.  So Glennon will ride the pine this season, unless McCown gets jacked up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m good with a 4th, BYE MIKE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor 10lbbass is in shock he won’t even comment. He’ll have a heart attack if Glennon is traded. He might even become a fan of that new team!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor 10lbbass is in shock he won't even comment. He'll have a heart attack if Glennon is traded. He might even become a fan of that new team!

I've said it many times.  You can wish for a trade all you want.  The Bucs are not shopping him around.  There is no "the Bucs are open to trading Glennon for a second round pick".  It's all 100% BS and Glennon will be a Buc in September. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In other words, when we trade Glennon and draft a QB in a few days….he’ll open a new account with a new screen name and you’ll never hear from 10lbbass again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In other words, when we trade Glennon and draft a QB in a few days....he'll open a new account with a new screen name and you'll never hear from 10lbbass again.

You've been around long enough as a Bucs fan to know that no trade is going down and were not getting rid of Glennon. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask Jdud what the Broncos would do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In other words, when we trade Glennon and draft a QB in a few days....he'll open a new account with a new screen name and you'll never hear from 10lbbass again.

You've been around long enough as a Bucs fan to know that no trade is going down and were not getting rid of Glennon.

You can just look at what L&L are doing right now. No one would have guessed they'd do what they did so far. Is it really that far fetched to think L&L would keep up the trend?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can just look at what L&L are doing right now. No one would have guessed they'd do what they did so far. Is it really that far fetched to think L&L would keep up the trend?

It's the Bucs.  Offensive dice rolling will never be our MO. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hang on I think I posted this to the wrong teams board. Is this the Falcon's board?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon - QB - BuccaneersFormer Bucs personnel man and new Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey reportedly advocated drafting Mike Glennon.The Miami Herald is connecting the dots as they suggest a possible trade. Current backup Matt Moore is scheduled to count $5.5 million against the cap, while Glennon's 2014 cap number is just $705,000. The Bucs are reportedly seeking a second-round pick for Glennon, but they'll have to settle for less if they expect to get a deal done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs of 2014 are not the Bucs of 1982 or even 2007 . .  and didn't the most recent version of the Bucs trade up for Freeman, Stocker and Martin?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon - QB - BuccaneersFormer Bucs personnel man and new Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey reportedly advocated drafting Mike Glennon.The Miami Herald is connecting the dots as they suggest a possible trade. Current backup Matt Moore is scheduled to count $5.5 million against the cap, while Glennon's 2014 cap number is just $705,000. The Bucs are reportedly seeking a second-round pick for Glennon, but they'll have to settle for less if they expect to get a deal done.

Do it Hickey!nfl_glennon_tannehill_576x324.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When there is this much smoke then there is probably some truth to the rumor.  L & L don’t want Glennon. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, now you're saying Glennon is worth a 2nd round pick?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Double would be pissed if we get anything more than a 6th for him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am with the others.  A fourth you do it if not you stick with him as a backup.Even if he isn't a good fit for the scheme Kaftka is garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dolphins? Seems like an odd trade to make for them at the price points being discussed. If they are trying to improve the backup QB spot, that’s a 6-7 round trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems to me that we are looking to trade Glennon and recoup the 2nd rounder we will have to give up to move up for whatever qb it is that they covet

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t believe the Bucs are shopping Glennon.  Teams are calling to ask about him.  They may be trying to figure the Bucs’ draft intentions.  Someone’s getting smoke blown at them…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A dozen different trade rumors around Glennon…..yeah I’m sure there is no truth to any of them!4acca081274e34c1d77ad9f62a698e82d0be533a4b85b8352aa95d2132e72e12.jpg  head_in_the_sand-461x307-300x199.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe the Bucs are shopping Glennon.  Teams are calling to ask about him.  They may be trying to figure the Bucs' draft intentions.  Someone's getting smoke blown at them...

Yeah ok..we have heard all off season that glennon isnt the type of qb that this regime likes. they are just blowing smoke at the expense of pissing off their qb of the future....My mistake, i should have seen that smokescreen

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Third round pick gets Glennon today and tomorrow, fourth round pick on Friday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Third round pick gets Glennon today and tomorrow, fourth round pick on Friday.

This is how I feel. We may lose a little leverage if we draft a QB but we are by no means forced to trade him. If no one wants to give us what we think he's worth then keep him around. He's a more than capable backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe the Bucs are shopping Glennon.  Teams are calling to ask about him.  They may be trying to figure the Bucs' draft intentions.  Someone's getting smoke blown at them...

Yeah ok..we have heard all off season that glennon isnt the type of qb that this regime likes. they are just blowing smoke at the expense of pissing off their qb of the future....My mistake, i should have seen that smokescreen

Yeah, the haven't and still dont have face to face dialogue with Glennon.............everyday!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your boy glennon is gone. Eat a dick and accept that

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your boy glennon is gone. Eat a **CENSORED** and accept that

You must be new to football.  While you are eating an entire bag of them over the weekend, take a break to get a good cry in because we are where we are going to be on the QB front.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs draft a QB early, Glennon is gone. If they don’t, he stays.Not too complicated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suffice to say that ANY team would take a 2nd round pick for their backup QB. This isn’t news really. I’d love to see it happen, if it did we’d have the ammo needed to move up and grab someone they have their eye on or simply keep the picks we have enjoy having another pick in a draft this nice. Glennon’s one of the better backups in the league at this point but I would take a 4th or better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suffice to say that ANY team would take a 2nd round pick for their backup QB. This isn't news really. I'd love to see it happen, if it did we'd have the ammo needed to move up and grab someone they have their eye on or simply keep the picks we have enjoy having another pick in a draft this nice. Glennon's one of the better backups in the league at this point but I would take a 4th or better.

Not the Patriot's. The rumor around here is they've turned down a 2nd rounder for Ryan Mallet before."Mallett was selected in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Patriots, who have previously turned down offers for a second-round pick in the draft in exchange for Mallett."http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/08/texans-ryan-mallet-jadeveon-clowney/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bull spit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tears are going to flow this weekend.

Please wait…

Viewing 81 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.