Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Bucs made the Top 10  The team at #1 might surprise you… it sure surprised me.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352329/article/denver-broncos-chicago-bears-make-list-of-best-nfl-offseasons?campaign=Facebook_writers_harrison

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for posting. As we all know a solid offseason doesn’t mean anything in the end. Games still need to be played. Anything can happen. Injuries and players don’t work out like they wanted. On the flip side, can’t blame a team for trying it’s hardest to make sure a turn around is in order. I think they did a fine job with it. It’s been quite an entertaining offseason at that. Look forward to seeing it on the field and hope the positive momentum continues to swing in the games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say “nothing is perfect…..” letting (having to let, whatever) Darrelle Revis walk free and clear with nothing in return (while still having to give up a 4th) falls a little higher then the new uniforms.  However bad you feel they are.  The Jags shouldn't be on the list imo.  Bears should be toward the bottom, if top 10.  Move the Cardinals up.  Also, I'd have Baltimore higher.  But I'd just put Baltimore in the top 5 every offseason and then look to see what they did.  *The Patriots would be on my list unfortunately.  Just realized they weren't.  Maybe not top 5 because I didn't love their draft, but they did very well in free agency.*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It wouldn’t surprise me if we had the #1 defense this year…….. as long as everyone stays healthy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ve had a lot of change this off season and I think that it will take the team some time to absorb it and become effective. I think we’ll be better, maybe 8-8 to 9-7 better, but I’m not sure we’re good enough to pass the others in our division.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I hate to say it, I think Atlanta had a really good (yet un-sexy) off season and belong on the list over New Orleans. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I hate to say it, I think Atlanta had a really good (yet un-sexy) off season and belong on the list over New Orleans.

I for one am looking forward to Matty Ice without Tony Gonzalez.  I am so glad we are able to match them offensively.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I for one am looking forward to Matty Ice without Tony Gonzalez.  I am so glad we are able to match them offensively.

I am too, but I think their biggest need by far was to get bigger and stronger on both lines.  They signed 3 and drafted 2.  I was hoping they would do something stupid like trade up for Mack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

OK FRG, explain to me how we aren't.  This should be good.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

Atlanta had the #14 total offense last year and EVERYTHING that could have gone wrong went wrong. They had the #8 total offense the year before and #10 before that. They've been a consistently strong offense for a while. They have proven players and coaches who have been together for a while. The Bucs have potential, but are climbing up from #32 overall last season with a bunch of players and coaches who are working together for the first time right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

Atlanta had the #14 total offense last year and EVERYTHING that could have gone wrong went wrong. They had the #8 total offense the year before and #10 before that. They've been a consistently strong offense for a while. They have proven players and coaches who have been together for a while. The Bucs have potential, but are climbing up from #32 overall last season with a bunch of players and coaches who are working together for the first time right now.

I think thats a very fair assessment.  I do like how our offense matches up against their D...but we have a lot more to prove than they do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

They're offense has only been ranking that high since trading for Tony Gonzalez a few years ago. Gonzalez is gone now, Roddy White is fragile & past his prime, Michael Turner has been long departed and Steven Jackson is but a shell of his former self. Yeah, they have Julio Jones and Matty Ice..... but those two players are not really a big deal by themselves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

They're offense has only been ranking that high since trading for Tony Gonzalez a few years ago. Gonzalez is gone now, Roddy White is fragile & past his prime, Michael Turner has been long departed and Steven Jackson is but a shell of his former self. Yeah, they have Julio Jones and Matty Ice..... but those two players are not really a big deal by themselves.

Gonzalez has been washed up for years. He couldn't get separation at all. All he could do was use his body to shield a defender away, catch a contested pass, and then get tackled or fall down. He's not a big loss.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

Gonzalez has been washed up for years.

Thats simply not true.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta had injury issues last year, but even with their upgrades – I’m not certain they actually improved when you take in to account that some players are a year older and others are gone. However, I’d still rate them at the moment as having a better offense than we have if for no other reason than quarterback play and more time in their offensive system. Ultimately, injuries will end up determining how good the Falcon offense really is because I don’t think they have a lot of depth behind their starters.I think we can be the 3rd best offense in the division this year, because I think that Carolina is going to have too many changes to the offensive line and the wide receivers to be really good, but looking at starting 11, the Saints have the best offense and I think Atlanta is better than either us or Carolina.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta had injury issues last year, but even with their upgrades - I'm not certain they actually improved when you take in to account that some players are a year older and others are gone. However, I'd still rate them at the moment as having a better offense than we have if for no other reason than quarterback play and more time in their offensive system. Ultimately, injuries will end up determining how good the Falcon offense really is because I don't think they have a lot of depth behind their starters.I think we can be the 3rd best offense in the division this year, because I think that Carolina is going to have too many changes to the offensive line and the wide receivers to be really good, but looking at starting 11, the Saints have the best offense and I think Atlanta is better than either us or Carolina.

QB: Matt Ryan remains a top 10 QB. EVENRB: They still have washed up Steven Jackson and added rookie Devonta Freeman. SLIGHT UPGRADEFB: Who cares? LT: Lamar Holmes goes to the bench and Sam Baker should be back. UPGRADELG: Justin Blalock is still there. EVENC: I think they're abandoning Peter Konz and playing Joe Hawley. EVENRG: They signed Jon Asamoah to replace whoever they tried there last season. BIG UPGRADERT: Jake Matthews replaces Jeremy Trueblood. MASSIVE UPGRADEWR1A: Roddy White is back. UPGRADEWR1B: Julio Jones is back. UPGRADEWR3: Harry Douglas, who had over 1,000 yards last season as the de facto #1 is now back to #3. UPGRADETE: As much as I say Gonzalez was washed up, he was still better than what they have now. DOWNGRADE So they were #14 in total yards last season and made at least some upgrade to seven positions and pretty much every upgrade is guaranteed to be an upgrade barring major injury.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta had injury issues last year, but even with their upgrades - I'm not certain they actually improved when you take in to account that some players are a year older and others are gone. However, I'd still rate them at the moment as having a better offense than we have if for no other reason than quarterback play and more time in their offensive system. Ultimately, injuries will end up determining how good the Falcon offense really is because I don't think they have a lot of depth behind their starters.I think we can be the 3rd best offense in the division this year, because I think that Carolina is going to have too many changes to the offensive line and the wide receivers to be really good, but looking at starting 11, the Saints have the best offense and I think Atlanta is better than either us or Carolina.

QB: Matt Ryan remains a top 10 QB. EVENRB: They still have washed up Steven Jackson and added rookie Devonta Freeman. SLIGHT UPGRADEFB: Who cares? LT: Lamar Holmes goes to the bench and Sam Baker should be back. UPGRADELG: Justin Blalock is still there. EVENC: I think they're abandoning Peter Konz and playing Joe Hawley. EVENRG: They signed Jon Asamoah to replace whoever they tried there last season. BIG UPGRADERT: Jake Matthews replaces Jeremy Trueblood. MASSIVE UPGRADEWR1A: Roddy White is back. UPGRADEWR1B: Julio Jones is back. UPGRADEWR3: Harry Douglas, who had over 1,000 yards last season as the de facto #1 is now back to #3. UPGRADETE: As much as I say Gonzalez was washed up, he was still better than what they have now. DOWNGRADE So they were #14 in total yards last season and made at least some upgrade to seven positions and pretty much every upgrade is guaranteed to be an upgrade barring major injury.

^ThisThey got a lot better on D as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Losing Gonzalez hurts more than you are letting on.  It’s a huge loss.  They will be solid again my point is, I think we have the offensive talent to match them.  Ryan is better than our QBs but I like us everywhere else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gonzalez was never washed up. He was close to 1000 rec yards as a TE in each of his last three seasons. He was also close to 10 TDs in that same time. Out of his 17 total seasons in the NFL 2013 campaign ranked as his 5th best year in terms of rec TDs. His 2012 campaign also ranked as his 5th best year in terms of rec yds. Hardly washed up.And saying Douglas is going to be an upgrade when he is replacing himself..... its like I want to violently shake you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ryan is better than our QBs but I like us everywhere else.

In the end that's all that matters. The Browns have good players all over their offense but because of the QB position, they stink. The Bucs have a lot of promising players whom if they play to their potential could be really good. But Atlanta has a sure thing at QB. They've been doing this on offense for years. They're guaranteed to be good. The Bucs are hoping to be good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They're guaranteed to be good.

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the end that's all that matters. The Browns have good players all over their offense but because of the QB position, they stink. The Bucs have a lot of promising players whom if they play to their potential could be really good. But Atlanta has a sure thing at QB. They've been doing this on offense for years. They're guaranteed to be good. The Bucs are hoping to be good.

Never forget this.  Atlanta = zero rings - that's how good they are guaranteed to be. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gonzalez was a 3rd down conversion machine, plain and simple. It will be very interesting to see how Ryan performs w/o his favorite 3rd down target…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Losing Gonzalez hurts more than you are letting on.  It's a huge loss.  They will be solid again my point is, I think we have the offensive talent to match them.  Ryan is better than our QBs but I like us everywhere else.

Love the optimism, but White/Jones/Douglas is better than VJax/Evans/pick one...for this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Losing Gonzalez hurts more than you are letting on.  It's a huge loss.  They will be solid again my point is, I think we have the offensive talent to match them.  Ryan is better than our QBs but I like us everywhere else.

Love the optimism, but White/Jones/Douglas is better than VJax/Evans/pick one...for this year.

More like VJax/Evans/Wright/ASJ is better than White/Jones/Douglas/Pascoe

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dirty little secret in the ATL.  Roddy is winding down quickly.  There O will be different and I do expect Freeman to be a big star for them but this season their O will be worse than last year.  No Gonzalez and an aged RW - they have their issues,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And saying Douglas is going to be an upgrade when he is replacing himself..... its like I want to violently shake you.

He's saying that the # 3 spot will be manned by Harry Douglas v. last year's #3s Darious Johnson and Drew Davis. I think that's an upgrade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And saying Douglas is going to be an upgrade when he is replacing himself..... its like I want to violently shake you.

He's saying that the # 3 spot will be manned by Harry Douglas v. last year's #3s Darious Johnson and Drew Davis. I think that's an upgrade.

And while that's nifty way of stretching the truth, the reality is that Douglass is one of Ryan's four receiving targets is both scenarios.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dirty little secret in the ATL.  Roddy is winding down quickly.  There O will be different and I do expect Freeman to be a big star for them but this season their O will be worse than last year.  No Gonzalez and an aged RW - they have their issues,

Roddy White had 141 yards against San Francisco in week 16 when he finally got healthy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And while that's nifty way of stretching the truth, the reality is that Douglass is one of Ryan's four receiving targets is both scenarios.

The difference is as the #3 WR, he'll be the same player but going against the opponent's #3 CB, not their #1 CB, like he did much of last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Overall, I like our chances against Atlanta quite a bit. I think we are going to match-up very well against their defensive. They still have a ton of holes. I heard the worst thing a fan of defense can hear about his team in some of the post draft commentary on Atlanta: they feel like they can “scheme to get a pass rush.”  Sound familiar to anyone? But on paper I'd still have to give them the edge offensively over the course of the season just on QB and continuity. There just isn't the same learning curve we've got here. That has to count for something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The difference is as the #3 WR, he'll be the same player but going against the opponent's #3 CB, not their #1 CB, like he did much of last season.

It's more than that, Darious Johnson and Drew Davis won't be on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this early juncture, from new GM & Coach, to NFL free agency, to NFL draft, to signing UDFAs, I really can’t see where any other organization has done better. On paper, we have upgraded every area from last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roddy White had 141 yards against San Francisco in week 16 when he finally got healthy.

Great stat line.  I'm just telling you what I am hearing. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The loss of Gonzalez, coupled with an anemic rushing attack; could drop Atlanta’s offense to the bottom of the division. If McCown can be average, I think our offense can be the 2nd best in the division.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great stat line.  I'm just telling you what I am hearing.

You hear correctly, Im here in Atlanta.  White is definitely slowing down.  Julio is now their 1, White their 2.  Evans will be more athletic at his age than White, but experience in the NFL is huge.  White has this year and MAYBE one more left in the tank...but at this point in time, I put him above our rookie who hasnt touched the field yet.  It takes these guys awhile to get acclimated.  If Evan can put up similar numbers to Julio's rookie year I would be ecstatic but realistic expectations for him should be around 800 yards and 6-7 TDs his rookie year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The loss of Gonzalez, coupled with an anemic rushing attack; could drop Atlanta's offense to the bottom of the division. If McCown can be average, I think our offense can be the 2nd best in the division.

Their rushing attack will be much better this year.  They upgraded their OL pretty well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The loss of Gonzalez, coupled with an anemic rushing attack; could drop Atlanta's offense to the bottom of the division. If McCown can be average, I think our offense can be the 2nd best in the division.

Their rushing attack will be much better this year.  They upgraded their OL pretty well.

No doubt they upgraded their line, but I think their RB's are weak overall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they have a good mix of RBs.  Jackson is definitely at the tail end of his career, but between him Quizzy and Freeman they have enough talent for their pass first offense. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they have a good mix of RBs.  Jackson is definitely at the tail end of his career, but between him Quizzy and Freeman they have enough talent for their pass first offense.

Freeman should have a nice NFL career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman should have a nice NFL career.

That would surprise me tbh.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

Idk if we can out-right beat them in a shootout, but our offense (hopefully) should be good enough to win games

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

Idk if we can out-right beat them in a shootout, but our offense (hopefully) should be good enough to win games

Oh yeah. Bucs should have a big edge defensively.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

Which matters more than any one thing on offense. Period.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are?

Which matters more than any one thing on offense. Period.

idk about that, but I like our chances this year.Then again, I like our chances every year and it doesn't stop us from shitting the bed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We upgraded the QB position massively which is why we got better than the Falcons this offseason. FRG if you go down the list, the Buccaneers have upgraded more positions on offense than the Falcons and IMO we are going to catch up with them offensively. Maybe not to start the season but once they all gel the sky is the limit for this offense.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Want to talk about washed up ? That is Jackson. Worthless turtle out there at RB.Gonzalez was a difference maker until the day he retired , which would have been much sooner if the Falcons didn't crawl on their hands and knees begging him to return . Why do you think they did that if he was washed up ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Want to talk about washed up ? That is Jackson. Worthless turtle out there at RB.Gonzalez was a difference maker until the day he retired , which would have been much sooner if the Falcons didn't crawl on their hands and knees begging him to return . Why do you think they did that if he was washed up ?

My first thought reading "Jackson" was that you were talking shit about VJax.  Been reading too many posts from Stick the mud and JC I suppose. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who had the best offseason last year?THAT is real talk.The other stuff is just "dream team" garbage.  Until these guys show they can win more than they lose, it is all just subjective.  Hell, the Rams had a hellacious offseason, imo.  Just on draft alone...

Please wait…

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.