- This topic has 27 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated Sep. 5, 2017 at 8:30 pm by Anonymous.
Sep. 4, 2017 at 2:23 pm #1023113DEBUCSOWNParticipant
due to Hurricane Irma
I’m off work Thursday. Usually work 3 pm to 11 pm (working both saturday sunday same shifts as well)
Please do this! Plus would likely make it a National Televised game!
Other option is both teams have a week 11 bye. Aka would have a bye week week 1. play 16 straight games? no thanks…find another option besides that one!
Moving the game? Dolphins would have a fit, considering they already lost 1 home game since they are playing in London this year vs the Saints.00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 4, 2017 at 2:43 pm #1023123AnonymousInactive
Saturday won’t help enough, there are still good chances for Trop storm strength winds then so the best bet would be Thursday or Friday. Not sure how I feel about that. There is already a Thursday night game so that’s likely out. Best guess if they are going to try to squeeze this in this weekend in Miami is for a Friday night game.00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 4, 2017 at 2:48 pm #1023125gobuxflaParticipant
Probably will play it Friday night. Saturday is too risky with the storm’s outer bands hitting Saturday morning.00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 4, 2017 at 3:54 pm #1023145Patrick J EllsworthParticipant
FRIDAY NIGHT PLEASE YES.00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 4, 2017 at 4:07 pm #1023149BucsFan83Participant
Friday makes the most sense, I could see a Sat game, however.
To bad everyone can’t send them mail to move it to Friday… or can we?00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 4, 2017 at 4:41 pm #1023165acilpeRParticipant
I have tickets & hotel for this game. It’s a 3 hour drive for me, if the storm is coming up the gulf coast I need to leave Thursday at the latest. Maybe an alternate site would be best? Florida can be a nightmare to evacuate00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 4, 2017 at 5:04 pm #1023171IowabucfanParticipant
Whatever happens, please be safe. Prepare now. I have you all in my prayers.00No votes yet.Please wait...
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17Sep. 4, 2017 at 5:27 pm #1023178AnonymousInactive
Yeah, no matter our differences, you guys stay safe.00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 4, 2017 at 8:08 pm #1023212AlecEiffelParticipant
This storm merits your consideration because:
1. we are so far out, statistically, for a big Florida storm that its only a matter of “when” not “if.” We’ve been lucky for years, so that luck has to run out at some point;
2. The storm moved south (a good sign) but before that move it was on roughly the same track as Andrew EXCEPT it was already roughly 2 x as strong as Andrew was at a similar point. It could turn away or weaken, but it could also strengthen and turn toward us
Prepare now while you can, especially those of you in South Florida. For those in Tampa Bay, I have seen a model for a Cat 3 storm entering the bay on high tide and it was not pretty. Suffice to say you’d want to be out of the area and, if not, certainly WELL north of the stadium.
Be safe00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 5, 2017 at 7:45 am #1023258Bucpride5Participant
Friday makes the most sense
Hope everyone remains safe00No votes yet.Please wait...
2016, can't be worse than Lovie's first year, right...Sep. 5, 2017 at 8:31 am #1023265AnonymousInactive
People and are making preparations and evacuation plans all over the state right now. Category 5. I’m guessing week 11.00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 5, 2017 at 10:58 am #1023302JC5100Participant
Wont be nationally televised. Actually when NFL did this in 2005 with Miami vs Kansas City the game wasn’t even available on Sunday Ticket, just aired locally in Miami and Kansas City.00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 5, 2017 at 11:16 am #1023310AlecEiffelParticipant
Given the nature of the storm, Id think its more likely they push it back to the bye week. Tough on both teams, but the storm is now a CAT 5 and the 4-5 day cone covers south Florida. People need time to evacuate00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 5, 2017 at 12:06 pm #1023319NobodyParticipant
Current American Model:
Current Euro Model:00No votes yet.Please wait...Sep. 5, 2017 at 12:12 pm #1023323NobodyParticipant
Just FYI on the above. The high resolution information on the models isn’t accurate with high confidence (barometric pressure at landfall). However, the low resolution information is. However, if the barometric pressure of the American model is anywhere near correct, that would be a record…and not by a little. Which would mean that you’re talking about enormous surge, insane MPH winds (gusts and sustained). The size of the major CAT windfield would still be up for grabs though. Sometimes the lower the PB, the tighter the storm becomes (think Hurricane Charley).00No votes yet.Please wait...
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.