NFL Considering Moving Buccaneers-Dolphins game to Thursday/Friday/Saturday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    DEBUCSOWN
    Participant

due to Hurricane Irma

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hurricane-irma-may-force-nfl-to-move-or-reschedule-buccaneers-vs-dolphins/

I’m off work Thursday. Usually work 3 pm to 11 pm (working both saturday sunday same shifts as well)

Please do this! Plus would likely make it a National Televised game!

Other option is both teams have a week 11 bye. Aka would have a bye week week 1. play 16 straight games? no thanks…find another option besides that one!

Moving the game? Dolphins would have a fit, considering they already lost 1 home game since they are playing in London this year vs the Saints.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Saturday won’t help enough, there are still good chances for Trop storm strength winds then so the best bet would be Thursday or Friday. Not sure how I feel about that. There is already a Thursday night game so that’s likely out. Best guess if they are going to try to squeeze this in this weekend in Miami is for a Friday night game.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    gobuxfla
    Participant

Probably will play it Friday night. Saturday is too risky with the storm’s outer bands hitting Saturday morning.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Patrick J Ellsworth
    Participant

FRIDAY NIGHT PLEASE YES.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucsFan83
    Participant

Friday makes the most sense, I could see a Sat game, however.

To bad everyone can’t send them mail to move it to Friday… or can we?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    acilpeR
    Participant

I have tickets & hotel for this game. It’s a 3 hour drive for me, if the storm is coming up the gulf coast I need to leave Thursday at the latest. Maybe an alternate site would be best? Florida can be a nightmare to evacuate

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Iowabucfan
    Participant

Whatever happens, please be safe. Prepare now. I have you all in my prayers.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, no matter our differences, you guys stay safe.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    AlecEiffel
    Participant

This storm merits your consideration because:

1. we are so far out, statistically, for a big Florida storm that its only a matter of “when” not “if.” We’ve been lucky for years, so that luck has to run out at some point;

2. The storm moved south (a good sign) but before that move it was on roughly the same track as Andrew EXCEPT it was already roughly 2 x as strong as Andrew was at a similar point. It could turn away or weaken, but it could also strengthen and turn toward us

Prepare now while you can, especially those of you in South Florida. For those in Tampa Bay, I have seen a model for a Cat 3 storm entering the bay on high tide and it was not pretty. Suffice to say you’d want to be out of the area and, if not, certainly WELL north of the stadium.

Be safe

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucpride5
    Participant

Friday makes the most sense

Hope everyone remains safe

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

2016, can't be worse than Lovie's first year, right...

Anonymous
    Inactive

People and are making preparations and evacuation plans all over the state right now. Category 5. I’m guessing week 11.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    JC5100
    Participant

Wont be nationally televised. Actually when NFL did this in 2005 with Miami vs Kansas City the game wasn’t even available on Sunday Ticket, just aired locally in Miami and Kansas City.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    AlecEiffel
    Participant

Given the nature of the storm, Id think its more likely they push it back to the bye week. Tough on both teams, but the storm is now a CAT 5 and the 4-5 day cone covers south Florida. People need time to evacuate

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

Current American Model:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=z500_mslp&runtime=2017090512&fh=120&xpos=0&ypos=303

Current Euro Model:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=ecmwf&region=us&pkg=z500_mslp&runtime=2017090500&fh=144&xpos=0&ypos=278

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

Just FYI on the above. The high resolution information on the models isn’t accurate with high confidence (barometric pressure at landfall). However, the low resolution information is. However, if the barometric pressure of the American model is anywhere near correct, that would be a record…and not by a little. Which would mean that you’re talking about enormous surge, insane MPH winds (gusts and sustained). The size of the major CAT windfield would still be up for grabs though. Sometimes the lower the PB, the tighter the storm becomes (think Hurricane Charley).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.