Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

due to Hurricane Irma

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hurricane-irma-may-force-nfl-to-move-or-reschedule-buccaneers-vs-dolphins/

I’m off work Thursday. Usually work 3 pm to 11 pm (working both saturday sunday same shifts as well)

Please do this! Plus would likely make it a National Televised game!

Other option is both teams have a week 11 bye. Aka would have a bye week week 1. play 16 straight games? no thanks…find another option besides that one!

Moving the game? Dolphins would have a fit, considering they already lost 1 home game since they are playing in London this year vs the Saints.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saturday won’t help enough, there are still good chances for Trop storm strength winds then so the best bet would be Thursday or Friday. Not sure how I feel about that. There is already a Thursday night game so that’s likely out. Best guess if they are going to try to squeeze this in this weekend in Miami is for a Friday night game.

• gobuxfla

Participant

Probably will play it Friday night. Saturday is too risky with the storm’s outer bands hitting Saturday morning.

• Patrick J Ellsworth

Participant

FRIDAY NIGHT PLEASE YES.

• BucsFan83

Participant

Friday makes the most sense, I could see a Sat game, however.

To bad everyone can’t send them mail to move it to Friday… or can we?

• acilpeR

Participant

I have tickets & hotel for this game. It’s a 3 hour drive for me, if the storm is coming up the gulf coast I need to leave Thursday at the latest. Maybe an alternate site would be best? Florida can be a nightmare to evacuate

• Iowabucfan

Participant

Whatever happens, please be safe. Prepare now. I have you all in my prayers.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, no matter our differences, you guys stay safe.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This storm merits your consideration because:

1. we are so far out, statistically, for a big Florida storm that its only a matter of “when” not “if.” We’ve been lucky for years, so that luck has to run out at some point;

2. The storm moved south (a good sign) but before that move it was on roughly the same track as Andrew EXCEPT it was already roughly 2 x as strong as Andrew was at a similar point. It could turn away or weaken, but it could also strengthen and turn toward us

Prepare now while you can, especially those of you in South Florida. For those in Tampa Bay, I have seen a model for a Cat 3 storm entering the bay on high tide and it was not pretty. Suffice to say you’d want to be out of the area and, if not, certainly WELL north of the stadium.

Be safe

• Bucpride5

Participant

Friday makes the most sense

Hope everyone remains safe

2016, can’t be worse than Lovie’s first year, right…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People and are making preparations and evacuation plans all over the state right now. Category 5. I’m guessing week 11.

• JC5100

Participant

Wont be nationally televised. Actually when NFL did this in 2005 with Miami vs Kansas City the game wasn’t even available on Sunday Ticket, just aired locally in Miami and Kansas City.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Given the nature of the storm, Id think its more likely they push it back to the bye week. Tough on both teams, but the storm is now a CAT 5 and the 4-5 day cone covers south Florida. People need time to evacuate

• Nobody

Participant

• Nobody

Participant

Just FYI on the above. The high resolution information on the models isn’t accurate with high confidence (barometric pressure at landfall). However, the low resolution information is. However, if the barometric pressure of the American model is anywhere near correct, that would be a record…and not by a little. Which would mean that you’re talking about enormous surge, insane MPH winds (gusts and sustained). The size of the major CAT windfield would still be up for grabs though. Sometimes the lower the PB, the tighter the storm becomes (think Hurricane Charley).

• Anonymous

Inactive

Move it to Friday or play in a nearby dome further North

• Anonymous

Inactive

Friday would likely be huge winds and leave many without time to evacuate

• Anonymous

Inactive

Friday would likely be huge winds and leave many without time to evacuate

Early option is off the table now I think. There just isn’t time to schedule it, play it and get out safely at this point. It’s either moved back or moved to a different location.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

This is the league not prepared. It’s a bad look. Puts Tampa behind an eight ball they should never be behind.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Nobody

Participant

GottaJaboo
      Sep 5, 17 at 2:04 pm #1023342
      This is the league not prepared. It’s a bad look. Puts Tampa behind an eight ball they should never be behind.

———————-

Can you imagine if a major (media) market was having to deal with this situation; New England, New York, Dallas, LA, etc. It would be Salem and Revolutionary France replete with peasants with pitch forks and witch trials.

The Federal Government, as overburdened with unwieldy bureaucracy and polarized politics as it is, is charged with (and does) moving more decisively than Emperor Goodell’s NFL.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board is loaded with crazy people lol

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

All I know is they have to decide quick…the longer the NFL waits the less likely they move it up in the week. Obviously the NFL wouldn’t tell the teams tomorrow that they are playing Thursday (at least you wouldn’t think..then again with Roger Goodell who knows)

• Anonymous

Inactive

its seems one might take from the deliberate approach that it will not be played this week, right? Certainly not in south or central FL.

didnt the NFL just have a conf call with the teams? perhaps to get their input before dictating a course of action? Lots of people impacted by decision

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dolphins have a better running back.

Could be ugly.

Better have TJ in the lineup for obvious run fits.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Wow espn reporting its likely moved to week 11….16 straight games such bull shit.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Game off in Miami. Tough for the fans. Stadium just upgraded to withstand category 4 storm; not quite good enough. Weather is great here in Hawaii….

• NotDeadYet

Participant

And in strange trick of fate, the other FL team, Jacksonville, will be in Houston to open their season… so the Jacksonville stadium is available…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is fucking bullshit if we have a week 1 bye…

They better figure something out

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.