Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• Buc45

Participant

Jacquies Smith!  4 sacks leads the league. What a gem Licht uncovered….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They guy has pretty much everything you could want from a de, it was all developmental.After watching the last few games of last season, i figured he could have had a good season, had we started him out right away.This year, he gets the nod, and it isnt garbage time, and yet hes still playing well. Thats a very good sign.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

stunned this does not have more posts………. good on him…..and us!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good for him.  Now if they can start getting more pressure from Johnson…..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

stunned this does not have more posts.......... good on him.....and us!

It's 2 games.  One against a rookie QB, one against a washed up QB (yeah - I called Brees washed up).  Many people are it "prove-it-to-me" mode.  Two games doesn't prove anything.  Sure, it's certainly something to hope for, but not anything to gush over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It doesn’t, but the “aging” QB wasn’t sacked in week 1, and has a pretty low career sack % (just 3.9%).

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

It doesn't, but the "aging" QB wasn't sacked in week 1, and has a pretty low career sack % (just 3.9%).

Very true.. Brees usually gets rid of the ball quickly, our Dline played pretty well Sunday.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

stunned this does not have more posts.......... good on him.....and us!

+1It was fun watching yesterday's game. Smith played well, and didn't let up as far as I could see.Last season, it seemed like we would see some great effort in the first half, then things would go south after halftime. Yesterday, the defense really stood up in the fourth quarter against a QB who is known for great comeback drives.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It doesn't, but the "aging" QB wasn't sacked in week 1, and has a pretty low career sack % (just 3.9%).

Outside of maybe mariota in the titans system, hes the quickest qb directly after the snap.The guy could be 50 and still get the ball out of there faster than most younger nfl qbs.Jsmith just had a great game. He matched up well, took his shots, and was pretty relentless.Honestly, i knew he could be good, but if he does that every game, we're talking about great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outside of maybe mariota in the titans system, hes the quickest qb directly after the snap.The guy could be 50 and still get the ball out of there faster than most younger nfl qbs.Jsmith just had a great game. He matched up well, took his shots, and was pretty relentless.Honestly, i knew he could be good, but if he does that every game, we're talking about great.

Honestly I was just hoping we'd get 8-10 out of him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. Now that would.be a disappointment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, in terms of growth, it wouldn't be bad, per say.Now, there is no way he puts up THAT many sacks, but should he play with the chip he had in the saints game, every game, he getting at least ten.Either way, imvho, anything over six is gravy. I know it sounds bad, but thats because a lot of people didnt expect much from him to begin with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice!  Hopefully he continues to thrive and kick ass!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The length of the season will challenge him to keep it up thru game 16, but he’s certainly off to a great start!    If he were on the Cowboys roster, his pic would be plastered all over ESPN...

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

The length of the season will challenge him to keep it up thru game 16, but he's certainly off to a great start!  If he were on the Cowboys roster, his pic would be plastered all over ESPN...

Ain't that the truth? :)(Part of why I no longer watch ESPN, is I really don't care what happens in Dallas, New England, Green Bay, or New York. I don't watch those teams, even if they are in the SB, and I really don't care to find out every time one of their players breaks a nail.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully he can keep it up. I don’t think he is on the same level talent wise as these other guys, but he fits what we have and will speed around guys all game that are occupied with McCoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's 2 games.  One against a rookie QB, one against a washed up QB (yeah - I called Brees washed up).  Many people are it "prove-it-to-me" mode.  Two games doesn't prove anything.  Sure, it's certainly something to hope for, but not anything to gush over.

Very true, +1!Talk to me about him at the end of the season. If he keeps up the pace, and has 16 sacks or more, I'd maybe start considering resigning him for 2016. Maybe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very true, +1!Talk to me about him at the end of the season. If he keeps up the pace, and has 16 sacks or more, I'd maybe start considering resigning him for 2016. Maybe.

His stats back to last year mean nothing and needing more than 16 to consider re signing him? Surely you are kidding here........

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very true.. Brees usually gets rid of the ball quickly, our Dline played pretty well Sunday.

Excuse me? No credit given to Bucs here. Brees is old and the Bucs got lucky!

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

His stats back to last year mean nothing and needing more than 16 to consider re signing him? Surely you are kidding here........

lmao was thinking the same thing even if he ends up with around 8 we are resigning him. We haven't had much DE production in a long time and let's hope he keeps it up but unless if he disappears the rest of the year we will attempt to resign him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lmao was thinking the same thing even if he ends up with around 8 we are resigning him. We haven't had much DE production in a long time and let's hope he keeps it up but unless if he disappears the rest of the year we will attempt to resign him.

I expect at least 20 sacks out of my DEs.  :-

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its great that hes got 4 but it doesn’t matter one bit to me right nowI want to see him do it consistently. you've seen tons of guys get off to a hot start and then disappearI like what Smith is doing so far and I want to see him keep it up. if we can get any sort of production across from him we might have somethinghopefully he continues what hes been doing

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other teams will need to pay more attention to Jac with his early success. George Johnson needs to pickup his game as a result because teams will need to game plan for McCoy and Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its great that hes got 4 but it doesn't matter one bit to me right nowI want to see him do it consistently. you've seen tons of guys get off to a hot start and then disappearI like what Smith is doing so far and I want to see him keep it up. if we can get any sort of production across from him we might have somethinghopefully he continues what hes been doing

No offense, but he has been doing it since last season.A LOT of people questioned whether it was just garbage time sacks. I rewatched those games, especially him, and it didnt seem like it. Reviewing last season, i saw why lovie wanted to give him a shot.I dont think he great or anything like that, but the guy has a high motor, can move pretty quick, is tenacious, and is pretty quick off the snap. However, i believe, IF he is going to have consistant success, its more than likely because of being the right fit, not because of his physical talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its great that hes got 4 but it doesn't matter one bit to me right nowI want to see him do it consistently. you've seen tons of guys get off to a hot start and then disappearI like what Smith is doing so far and I want to see him keep it up. if we can get any sort of production across from him we might have somethinghopefully he continues what hes been doing

No offense, but he has been doing it since last season.A LOT of people questioned whether it was just garbage time sacks. I rewatched those games, especially him, and it didnt seem like it. Reviewing last season, i saw why lovie wanted to give him a shot.I dont think he great or anything like that, but the guy has a high motor, can move pretty quick, is tenacious, and is pretty quick off the snap. However, i believe, IF he is going to have consistant success, its more than likely because of being the right fit, not because of his physical talent.

+1Smith was a beast off the edge last year. People don't realize this because most of the time we were down the whole game, so teams just ran the clock out on us. Now that we actually have a formidable offense he will get plenty more opportunties to pin his ears back and get after the QB. My bold prediction in other forum had Smith ending with 12 sacks this year and McCoy around 10.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1Smith was a beast off the edge last year. People don't realize this because most of the time we were down the whole game, so teams just ran the clock out on us. Now that we actually have a formidable offense he will get plenty more opportunties to pin his ears back and get after the QB. My bold prediction in other forum had Smith ending with 12 sacks this year and McCoy around 10.

I believe he should at least make 11 sacks on the season. Unless he hits some type of wall, the opponents arent all-that, and there are still fourteen more games to go., so he should be able to muster seven more sacks. That is only one per two games, and he still can reach over team.Which puts in persepective how good he's been, and how awful our des have been over the years.Going by what small sample size hes done now, if we add that currently, he's looking at 28 sacks on the season, and that is completely unreasonable to believe.So will he come down off his pedestal? Some, especially when he gets gameplanned for more often. Right now, nobody knows wtf he is.I do think he can reach up to 14 sacks though. That, considering what hes done so far, is possible.

Please wait…

• glacier2k4

Participant

This fine young man is a BEAST, PLUS he is undrafted. Lets hop he can keep up and help us wins game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s not forget that a lot of the reason Brees looked “washed up” was due to Jacquies hitting him in the first place.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good for him.  Now if they can start getting more pressure from Johnson.....

G.Johnson looks like another we recently had...that bum applies no pressure on the QB and gets manhandled in the running game . I'm already sick of him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good for him.  Now if they can start getting more pressure from Johnson.....

G.Johnson looks like another we recently had...that bum applies no pressure on the QB and gets manhandled in the running game . I'm already sick of him

Agreed.  He is in a great situation with McCoy and J. Smith right now.  He should not be facing double teams so he needs to beat his man once in a while.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon for Greg Hardy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the 9 games that Smith has started (and picked up his first sack) he has 10.5 sacks. And there’s this “So far, he’s off to a hot start. Since recording his first career sack against the Browns last November, Smith has 10.5 sacks. Only J.J. Watt and Justin Houston have more sacks during that time frame.” as posted by Roy Cummings.I'd say that's consistent, but that's just me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn’t he a second year player? Bus have his right next year and a option the following year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn't he a second year player? Bus have his right next year and a option the following year

I looked into that a little bit when I was researching him for my previous joke-post about needing 16 sacks before I'd consider resigning him.It looks like he's RFA next year, makes something like 450k a season, and (I *think*) the couple of sites I checked show he's the 94th highest paid DE in the league. Out of 94.Granted, I had my browser zoomed out all funky so the columns weren't aligning perfectly, but regardless I'd say he's quite a bargain thus far.Niley mentioned Cummings saying his production is comparable to Watt and Houston. That's astounding. Pure anecdotal and statistical evidence would make it highly, highly unlikely he maintains that. But damn, if he did, that'd be a future legendary Buccaneers story.

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.