Viewing 165 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

You can watch HBO's 'Hard Knocks' without a cable subscription this yearBy John Breech | CBSSports.comAugust 10, 2015 8:05 pm ET hard_zpsqiaayuvt.png You don't need a cable subscription to see 'Hard Knocks' this year. (HBO) It's been a banner day for NFL fans who are thinking about going the cord-cutting route. On Monday afternoon, DirecTV announced that NFL Sunday Ticket would be available without a satellite subscription to almost anyone in any city who can't get service at their apartment, condominium or townhome. That's means football fans without a satellite subscription will still be able to watch their favorite team if they're willing to pay the $200 to $359 season-long subscription price. Along those same lines, NFL fans will also be able to watch HBO's Hard Knocks: Training camp with the Houston Texans, even if they don't have a cable or satellite subscription.The premium network has confirmed that Hard Knocks will be available on HBO NOW, which is a video on demand service that HBO offers as a standalone, meaning you don't need to be subscribed to a cable or satellite company. The company launched the HBO NOW service in April 2015. NFL Films Supervising Producer Ken Rodgers recently explained the situation. "A lot of people ask 'do I have to have HBO to watch Hard Knocks,' and the answer to that question is yes, but there are multiple ways to see the show," Rodgers said. "You can watch on demand at HBO On Demand, or on your mobile device on HBO GO, and for the first time this year you can watch on HBO NOW, which is a streaming on demand service that does not require a cable subscription."The last thing that Rodgers' mentions is the pivotal one for cord-cutters.Hard Knocks had previously been available HBO GO, but to get HBO GO, you had to get HBO through your cable or satellite company.With HBO NOW, you just need to pay the $14.99 monthly subscription for the standalone service. The good news for Hard Knocks fans is that HBO is offering a 30-day free trial to HBO NOW, meaning you can sign up in time to see the Aug. 11 premiere and then watch all five episodes for free. The episodes are set to run over a 28-day period that begins on August 11 at 10 p.m. ET.The four episodes after that will be shown each subsequent Tuesday until the final episode airs on Sept. 8. According to HBO, each episode will be available on HBO NOW (and HBO GO) at 5 p.m. ET, the day after it airs. You can see a preview of Hard Knocks below. hard1_zps469ow0fe.pngvideo link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On Monday afternoon, DirecTV announced that NFL Sunday Ticket would be available without a satellite subscription to almost anyone in any city who can't get service at their apartment, condominium or townhome. That's means football fans without a satellite subscription will still be able to watch their favorite team if they're willing to pay the $200 to $359 season-long subscription price.

I recently moved and can no longer have my dish so i looked into this over the weekend. You have to go to this website: nflsundayticket.tv, click 'verify me' and put in your address. Once they confirm that satellite service is not available in your area, you can get it thru your tablet, computer or gaming console. If they determine that it is available at that residence, no dice. I'm a go. Good luck!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the news I’ve been waiting for. I just moved and this fancy place has crazy rules about installing a dish so I had to give up my directv. I went nuts, called my girlfriend cursing up a storm because she picked the new place and I hate watching the game outside of my house. The next day I  had AT&T come out and the installer said I might get lucky somehow because AT&T just bought Directv. I’m going to check on this ASAP

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL Gamepass is better than Directv’s pile of crap. I used to have to use VPN to order it because it wasn’t available in the States but I think the NFL final got its head out of its rectum and is premitting the U.S. fans to access it this year. https://www.nfl.com/gamepass

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL Gamepass is better than Directv's pile of crap. I used to have to use VPN to order it because it wasn't available in the States but I think the NFL final got its head out of its rectum and is premitting the U.S. fans to access it this year. https://www.nfl.com/gamepass

That VPN out of Amsterdam was flawless. Loved it last year. Hopefully, without clicking the link, it will still be 100 dollars...if not, I'll VPN it again...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL Gamepass is better than Directv's pile of crap. I used to have to use VPN to order it because it wasn't available in the States but I think the NFL final got its head out of its rectum and is premitting the U.S. fans to access it this year. https://www.nfl.com/gamepass

I've had Sunday ticket for 10+ years and wouldn't call it a pile of crap. What's the problem?How is gamepass better?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've had Sunday ticket for 10+ years and wouldn't call it a pile of crap. What's the problem?How is gamepass better?

I'm curious too. I was getting ready to make the switch to DirectTV. Should I not?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm curious too. I was getting ready to make the switch to DirectTV. Should I not?

I have zero complaints and would still have it had i not just moved. I'm totally unfamiliar with gamepass so I'm anxious to hear what's so great about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have zero complaints and would still have it had i not just moved. I'm totally unfamiliar with gamepass so I'm anxious to hear what's so great about it.

I was hoping to take care of it all this week before I go back out of town. I've heard nothing but good things about DirectTV and the Sunday Ticket. But, I'm willing to hear what Gamepass is all about. Hell, I just want to watch some Buc's football on Sunday's at home. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is anything better than Sunday Ticket? Different maybe but better… I doubt that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I took advantage of the Sunday Ticket deal last year by having a friend who lives in an apartment buy it for me (paid him back) and I used the login on my Xbox One via the NFL app. I’m doing it again this year but here is what I found in the small print for Game Pass.NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, and Super Bowl game broadcasts. Access to these games is available within NFL Game Pass on an on-demand basis in the NFL Game Pass archives after such games have aired on broadcast television. Sunday morning and afternoon games (9:30am ET, 1pm ET & 4pm ET) are available at the conclusion of all Sunday 4pm ET games

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, should I make the switch to Direct TV?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I took advantage of the Sunday Ticket deal last year by having a friend who lives in an apartment buy it for me (paid him back) and I used the login on my Xbox One via the NFL app. I'm doing it again this year but here is what I found in the small print for Game Pass.NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, and Super Bowl game broadcasts. Access to these games is available within NFL Game Pass on an on-demand basis in the NFL Game Pass archives after such games have aired on broadcast television. Sunday morning and afternoon games (9:30am ET, 1pm ET & 4pm ET) are available at the conclusion of all Sunday 4pm ET games

If i'm understanding that correctly, game pass isn't live. How could that be better than Sunday Ticket?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I took advantage of the Sunday Ticket deal last year by having a friend who lives in an apartment buy it for me (paid him back) and I used the login on my Xbox One via the NFL app.

and this is what i plan to do thru my PS4. How is the quality? Is it choppy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Game pass is LIVE. If you live in Europe. VPN peeps. Think about it. And at 100 dollars, with the same HD quality, the same ability to pop into different games (if you want, costs a few dollars more, as opposed to just following the Bucs), and it keeps trackmof stats, etc. HD streaming with no lag (if you don't have a cookie cutter internet connection). That's what makes it better.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I took advantage of the Sunday Ticket deal last year by having a friend who lives in an apartment buy it for me (paid him back) and I used the login on my Xbox One via the NFL app.

It costs more to use it via a video game console. Just get it for the PC and be done with it. Search the Harvard website for dorm addresses. Pick one. Enter it to get qualified. Then use a pre-paid master/visa so the billing address doesn't matter. Done for $199.99! If you know a college student you can get some info from you can get it for $99.00 just add a "/u" in front of the url to go to the university page.Harvard Dorm - addresseshttp://www.huhousing.harvard.edu/our-propertiesNFL Sunday Tickethttp://www.nflsundayticket.tv

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Also have had Sunday Ticket for ten plus years.  Since the purchase of Direct TV by AT&T I'm already noticing subtle changes.  For one....customer service is not as good.......for another.....and far more importantly......this will be the first time in 5 years that I was unable to garner a huge discount.....let alone a free Sunday Ticket request from being a loyal customer.as far as the old "call customer retention and threaten to dump Direct TV" if they don't give you a discount or free Sunday ticket......those days are gone.  AT&T now says "We'll be sorry to see you go".  No more negotiation.  Oh well.I hate paying retail.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I have used the no satellite NFL Sunday Ticket device via IPad/PS4/Laptop for the last two NFL season and can vouch for the quality. The interface is easy to use and quality was excellent. Biggest issue I had was first year buying it right before Game 1 and missed the first couple of minutes. I’m doing it again this year and expect to continue from now on. Being able to leave the house during the game while continuing seamlessly via iPad is perfect for me . I get to be a loving husband and run an errand if needed without missing one snap. No DIRECTV for me ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was hoping to take care of it all this week before I go back out of town. I've heard nothing but good things about DirectTV and the Sunday Ticket. But, I'm willing to hear what Gamepass is all about. Hell, I just want to watch some Buc's football on Sunday's at home. Lol.

I live in NC and have had the Ticket for about 5 years now.  The few downsides that I have noticed is if, for some reason, the weather is bad during gametime you lose signal.  This rarely happened but you wouldn't have to worry about that if you went with GamePass.  Also, of course, the price keeps climbing each year.  I believe last year I talked them down to around $250 for the Ticket (spread out over 6 months).  Also, you now have to upgrade to get the RedZone channel.  It was a great channel but not worth the upgraded price.    I used to watch games at the bar and would spend well over $250 a season so in my opinion it's definitely worth it.  Just my $.02

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have used the no satellite NFL Sunday Ticket device via IPad/PS4/Laptop for the last two NFL season and can vouch for the quality. The interface is easy to use and quality was excellent. Biggest issue I had was first year buying it right before Game 1 and missed the first couple of minutes. I'm doing it again this year and expect to continue from now on. Being able to leave the house during the game while continuing seamlessly via iPad is perfect for me . I get to be a loving husband and run an errand if needed without missing one snap. No DIRECTV for me ever.

You shouldn't drink and drive, haha

Please wait…

• vlagatta

the issue I have with direct tv is that they are asking for the same (or more) for the same product, which had almost twice the amount of games back in the day.if you notice....the late games have all but vanished......(they went to other networks, and thusly, Direct TV must auto boot you to those games.it was a better product back in the day.that said.....the NFL is really going to have to come up with a plan....as technology will make large jerry jones type venues obsolete.  the trend is people watching from home in their man caves...or on the fly while out and about on devices.  Not good news for team owners who want butts in seats.......but they can make it up with royalties from such broadcasts.  I doubt they will be able to have their cake and eat it too though.  I see smaller stadiums in the future....and perhaps even ala carte "per game" options via tv and internet in the future.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

the issue I have with direct tv is that they are asking for the same (or more) for the same product, which had almost twice the amount of games back in the day.if you notice....the late games have all but vanished......(they went to other networks, and thusly, Direct TV must auto boot you to those games.it was a better product back in the day.that said.....the NFL is really going to have to come up with a plan....as technology will make large jerry jones type venues obsolete.  the trend is people watching from home in their man caves...or on the fly while out and about on devices.  Not good news for team owners who want butts in seats.......but they can make it up with royalties from such broadcasts.  I doubt they will be able to have their cake and eat it too though.  I see smaller stadiums in the future....and perhaps even ala carte "per game" options via tv and internet in the future.

Directv is asking for $251.94 for normal customers but $199.99 for web only people. That seems like a slap in the face.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Directv is asking for $251.94 for normal customers but $199.99 for web only people. That seems like a slap in the face.

to an extent it is.  I doubt Direct TV will even retain the Ticket much longer, which may make the price skyrocket during the next negotiation and whoever wins the Ticket bidding wars.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

video quality in HD was fine, only time I had an issue which was only for about 20 minutes was week 1 and I'd imagine they were getting the kinks out.I chose to do the console package vs the PC and mobile package because I am a fantasy football nut and it was awesome to have all the stats available to me using the NFL app.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

to an extent it is.  I doubt Direct TV will even retain the Ticket much longer, which may make the price skyrocket during the next negotiation and whoever wins the Ticket bidding wars.

Why won't Directtv retain it much longer? They just signed an 8 year extension in 2014.http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2014/10/08/directv-extends-its-deal-with-nfl-for-12-billion/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the main sticking points for ATT to acquire Directv was Sunday Ticket, they wont be giving it up anytime soon but I'd imagine next year Sunday Ticket will be available to more people wanting it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That VPN out of Amsterdam was flawless. Loved it last year. Hopefully, without clicking the link, it will still be 100 dollars...if not, I'll VPN it again...

Dave, take a peek at your PMs please

Please wait…

• vlagatta

from what I understand, ATT has several opt-out options if things are not as profitable for them as they had hoped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also have had Sunday Ticket for ten plus years.  Since the purchase of Direct TV by AT&T I'm already noticing subtle changes.  For one....customer service is not as good.......for another.....and far more importantly......this will be the first time in 5 years that I was unable to garner a huge discount.....let alone a free Sunday Ticket request from being a loyal customer.as far as the old "call customer retention and threaten to dump Direct TV" if they don't give you a discount or free Sunday ticket......those days are gone.  AT&T now says "We'll be sorry to see you go".  No more negotiation.  Oh well.I hate paying retail.

You must of got the wrong person.  I called yesterday, I got thirty dollars of my bill free Sunday ticket and free HBO, Showtime and the movie channel for three months.  Only had to commit for 1 year.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

I’ve been using NFL Game Rewind the past two years.  You could select a single team for the whole season for like $30.  Now they are integrating that into GamePass at a much higher rate.  Doesn’t look like the single team option exists.  bah humbug.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Used the DirecTV streaming package coupled with Madden 15 two seasons ago and the stream was pretty inconsistent (100mbps down on my end). Used Gamepass last season w/VPN and it worked flawlessly. Checked the referenced link posted earlier and got this:"Looks like something went wrong on our end. Please try again or check back later."

Please wait…

• vlagatta

You must of got the wrong person.  I called yesterday, I got thirty dollars of my bill free Sunday ticket and free HBO, Showtime and the movie channel for three months.  Only had to commit for 1 year.

I hate you.  :)the only thing I can think is that since I got it free last year....I'm not getting any more spiffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate you.  :)the only thing I can think is that since I got it free last year....I'm not getting any more spiffs.

I called back in May/June when I moved to my new house and received free Sunday Ticket Max, an extra genie receiver free and 6 months reduced HBO/Starz. I was month to month at the time and I believe had to sign up for a 2 year contract. So I will have zero leverage next season. I haven't paid for the Ticket in 3 straight years. I would call back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was going to be my first year getting  Sunday Ticket for free until I moved and couldn’t get a dish put up in my new place. I almost went Junior Gallette in that office.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sunday Ticket is way overpriced and if you stream it, it sucks whale nads. I used Gamepass all last year (with VPN) and never had an issue with streaming. Beautiful HD quality for all streams. I had it on my pc, on my PS4 (through the browser) and on my IPAD (with a little difficulty). It was awesome...and only $100 bucks. There's apparently also a site out there that will take the gamepass streams and make them available for you for $25 but it is most definitely an illegal site. Google it, you'll find it.If game pass U.S. is indeed just a rebrand of gamerewind then that sucks. I don't get why the rest of the countries of the world can get beautiful streaming games and the US gets stuck with DirecTV's suckfest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Used the DirecTV streaming package coupled with Madden 15 two seasons ago and the stream was pretty inconsistent (100mbps down on my end). Used Gamepass last season w/VPN and it worked flawlessly. Checked the referenced link posted earlier and got this:"Looks like something went wrong on our end. Please try again or check back later."

Yeah, I think they're having some problems in the U.S. - maybe they're mid conversion?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sunday Ticket is way overpriced and if you stream it, it sucks whale nads. I used Gamepass all last year (with VPN) and never had an issue with streaming. Beautiful HD quality for all streams. I had it on my pc, on my PS4 (through the browser) and on my IPAD (with a little difficulty). It was awesome...and only $100 bucks. There's apparently also a site out there that will take the gamepass streams and make them available for you for $25 but it is most definitely an illegal site. Google it, you'll find it.If game pass U.S. is indeed just a rebrand of gamerewind then that sucks. I don't get why the rest of the countries of the world can get beautiful streaming games and the US gets stuck with DirecTV's suckfest.

hmm already have Sunday Ticket purchased for this year but will keep my options open for 2016 and look into this

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Game pass is LIVE. If you live in Europe. VPN peeps. Think about it. And at 100 dollars, with the same HD quality, the same ability to pop into different games (if you want, costs a few dollars more, as opposed to just following the Bucs), and it keeps trackmof stats, etc. HD streaming with no lag (if you don't have a cookie cutter internet connection). That's what makes it better.

Can it be used from an iPad?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From what JC said, yes. It is perfect. No lag. It is all official and beautiful high def. and for 100, plus VPN for three or four months?  It's awesome. the price alone is the reason why it kicks DTV's azz. I hate DTV. Had it...just suckage IMO. Not the NFL pass, which is OK, but incredibly overpriced.  But everything else they do. I hate most cable companies. I cannot wait until they offer pay per channel streaming for ABC/NBC/FOX/CBS/ESPN 1-2. All I want from TWC is Internet service.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

From what JC said, yes. It is perfect. No lag. It is all official and beautiful high def. and for 100, plus VPN for three or four months?  It's awesome. the price alone is the reason why it kicks DTV's azz. I hate DTV. Had it...just suckage IMO. Not the NFL pass, which is OK, but incredibly overpriced.  But everything else they do. I hate most cable companies. I cannot wait until they offer pay per channel streaming for ABC/NBC/FOX/CBS/ESPN 1-2. All I want from TWC is Internet service.

Thanks. "Plus VPN for three or four months"...I'm not familiar enough with VPN to appreciate the benefit of this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

About 8-10’dollars a month. It makes your device appear as if it is located in another country. And you can browse through all the countries that offer up a link point, even shows you their speed so you can get the fastest connection. So add in an additional 10 a month for VPN rentals. Sometimes they offer specials. Three months for 19.99 or something like that. And then use PayPal. Free. Safe. I plugged my Alienware via HDMI into my TV, and got HD NFL games, sometimes with commercials, sometimes they just have a spinning NFL logo. It's a great deal. Kicks DTV in the nuts.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

About 8-10'dollars a month. It makes your device appear as if it is located in another country. And you can browse through all the countries that offer up a link point, even shows you their speed so you can get the fastest connection. So add in an additional 10 a month for VPN rentals. Sometimes they offer specials. Three months for 19.99 or something like that. And then use PayPal. Free. Safe. I plugged my Alienware via HDMI into my TV, and got HD NFL games, sometimes with commercials, sometimes they just have a spinning NFL logo. It's a great deal. Kicks DTV in the nuts.

Hmm, I might give it a try. Is it the standard broadcast? I ask because some streams of other sports have international broadcasters. I don't care for that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

About 8-10'dollars a month. It makes your device appear as if it is located in another country. And you can browse through all the countries that offer up a link point, even shows you their speed so you can get the fastest connection. So add in an additional 10 a month for VPN rentals. Sometimes they offer specials. Three months for 19.99 or something like that. And then use PayPal. Free. Safe. I plugged my Alienware via HDMI into my TV, and got HD NFL games, sometimes with commercials, sometimes they just have a spinning NFL logo. It's a great deal. Kicks DTV in the nuts.

Hmm, I might give it a try. Is it the standard broadcast? I ask because some streams of other sports have international broadcasters. I don't care for that.

Yup. Ronde Barber and all. Lol…its all completely legit. It’s just being cheeky with the VPN is all. Real easy, and live as hell. Same as DTV.  Like I said, sometimes I get a local area TV commercial, which is cool. Sometimes, no commercials…it just has a spinning NFL logo and says, “We will be right back…”. It’s worth it. Plus your google comes in all sorts of craZy languages. If you browse around, which I did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone know of a similar service to stream college football?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is indeed an iPad app but it's a PITA to get. I used a British VPN, then had to create a Brit iTunes account. Downloaded the app then logged out of my iTunes Store and logged back in with my US account. As long as I had a VPN set up on my iPad, I could use the app. The cool thing is all you need VPN for is for the initial sign in. Once that's done, you can disconnect it and watch with your normal Internet bandwidth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Ronde Barber and all. Lol...its all completely legit. It's just being cheeky with the VPN is all. Real easy, and live as hell. Same as DTV.  Like I said, sometimes I get a local area TV commercial, which is cool. Sometimes, no commercials...it just has a spinning NFL logo and says, "We will be right back...". It's worth it. Plus your google comes in all sorts of craZy languages. If you browse around, which I did.

Not exactly "completely legit", but interesting none the less. Good thread, I have learned a lot.  lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Ronde Barber and all. Lol...its all completely legit. It's just being cheeky with the VPN is all. Real easy, and live as hell. Same as DTV.  Like I said, sometimes I get a local area TV commercial, which is cool. Sometimes, no commercials...it just has a spinning NFL logo and says, "We will be right back...". It's worth it. Plus your google comes in all sorts of craZy languages. If you browse around, which I did.

Not exactly "completely legit", but interesting none the less. Good thread, I have learned a lot.  lol

Hey, I am still giving the NFL their fair coin, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Correct, the only one really getting screwed is Directv. NFL should open it to the U.S. but can’t because Directv.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Correct, the only one really getting screwed is Directv. NFL should open it to the U.S. but can't because Directv.

But they are the reason the salary cap keeps climbing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Correct, the only one really getting screwed is Directv. NFL should open it to the U.S. but can't because Directv.

Yup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.

That 1.5bil a year they pay the NFL gets them a little leverage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.

Thats the NFLs cut. I am willing to bet they don’t lose a dime by consumers bypassing the middle man in this ripoff monopoly deal. Have to look up how much they make off of eachIndividual account. My guess is that their main source of profit comes from big venues purchasing the packages. Those can be huge bills!But 100 to watch the Bucs?  Rather than 200?  Or 300?  I think the NFL gets their cash out of me. DirectTV can kick rocks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.

Thats the NFLs cut. I am willing to bet they don't lose a dime by consumers bypassing the middle man in this ripoff monopoly deal. Have to look up how much they make off of eachIndividual account. My guess is that their main source of profit comes from big venues purchasing the packages. Those can be huge bills!But 100 to watch the Bucs?  Rather than 200?  Or 300?  I think the NFL gets their cash out of me. DirectTV can kick rocks.

Ol Rog disagrees.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Correct, the only one really getting screwed is Directv. NFL should open it to the U.S. but can't because of Billions of dollars they're getting over the next 8 years.

Fixed. Let's not pretend the NFL just wishes it could give us all the games for cheaper, but is being held back by the Man lol.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Yup.

Thats the NFLs cut. I am willing to bet they don't lose a dime by consumers bypassing the middle man in this ripoff monopoly deal. Have to look up how much they make off of eachIndividual account. My guess is that their main source of profit comes from big venues purchasing the packages. Those can be huge bills!But 100 to watch the Bucs?  Rather than 200?  Or 300?  I think the NFL gets their cash out of me. DirectTV can kick rocks.

Ol Rog disagrees.

Ol Rog's opinion is weighing less and less each day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.

Ol Rog disagrees.

To who?  The fans?  The owners love him, he has made them boatloads of cash. Grown the league. Increased revenue. Kraft may not have Rog on his Christmas card list, but that is just one owner out of 32.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how many devices can use the same Sunday ticket?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Yup.

I paid $99 for DirecTV's MAX Sunday Ticket for this season. No issues at all with it so far over the last few years. I thought about the VPN Gamepass idea but why would I spend more for less? Also why would I want to give the league the impression the international market is growing either so they can keep doing London games? Sorry I'll pass from being part of the PROBLEM.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Yup.

Ol Rog disagrees.

To who?  The fans?  The owners love him, he has made them boatloads of cash. Grown the league. Increased revenue. Kraft may not have Rog on his Christmas card list, but that is just one owner out of 32.

Kraft voted for every extension for Goodell and will keep doing so. People often forget the NFL is a business first and foremost. Goodell is great for the NFL as far as that is concerned. Fan's will keep hitting the feeder bar like a trained lab rats regardless of who the owners vote in as commish. The same jackwades who complain about Goodell are the same jackwades who pay the league anyways which keeps him in power. I mean people are going to VPN into another country which makes the league look like it's growing internationally then these same jackwades complain about London games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.

Ol Rog disagrees.

Kraft voted for every extension for Goodell and will keep doing so. People often forget the NFL is a business first and foremost. Goodell is great for the NFL as far as that is concerned. Fan's will keep hitting the feeder bar like a trained lab rats regardless of who the owners vote in as commish. The same jackwades who complain about Goodell are the same jackwades who pay the league anyways which keeps him in power. I mean people are going to VPN into another country which makes the league look like it's growing internationally then these same jackwades complain about London games.

The league isn’t growing because of a few VPNs being used to PAY the NFL a large chunk by skipping the middle man. The league is growing because people love the product. We have a few international fans here on this board. Quite a few from England who actually write blogs about the Bucs. This was before VPN. The premise of your statement is ludicrous. The NFL is still getting their money. They just don't have to share it with DTV whom I have no allegiance to. The NFL will get a team in Europe on day, game pass or not!  Canada will be first. Then England. Quite possibly Germany. But what other Euros give a crap about American football?  London and Canada are the two big international players. Mexico might want one, but will the U.S. want to put a stadium in Mexico?  Or how about a team in Hawaii?  Would that be international?NFL worldwide is coming soon anyway, muppet. I mean Mozzie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just moved out of Florida and thought I was screwed! Just signed up and I’m ready to go! F*%& YEAH!!! Thanks for the site, Hate!

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Yup.

Ol Rog disagrees.

The league isn't growing because of a few VPNs being used to PAY the NFL a large chunk by skipping the middle man. The league is growing because people love the product. We have a few international fans here on this board. Quite a few from England who actually write blogs about the Bucs. This was before VPN. The premise of your statement is ludicrous. The NFL is still getting their money. They just don't have to share it with DTV whom I have no allegiance to. The NFL will get a team in Europe on day, game pass or not!  Canada will be first. Then England. Quite possibly Germany. But what other Euros give a crap about American football?  London and Canada are the two big international players. Mexico might want one, but will the U.S. want to put a stadium in Mexico?  Or how about a team in Hawaii?  Would that be international?NFL worldwide is coming soon anyway, muppet. I mean Mozzie.

Poor Boid. Always failing! You keep up shifting revenue from the USA to which ever country you want. It's not a DTV issue or even PR issue. You're very naive if you think only people here have used VPN's for Gamepass or that it doesn't impact the revenue split. I highly doubt you'll find any allegiance to DTV either. They are just the flavor of the month right now. Good luck with the international team. Hopefully you can be preserved similar to Futurama to see it. They can't even get an LA team. And no Hawaii isn't international. Did you flunk school that badly?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mozzie, I’ve done both as well. There is no comparison between Directv’s streaming service and NFL Gamepass. NFL Gamepass is done by the league and is infinitely superior to Directv. From its navigation to the stream quality to the statistical information it provides.We're paying the money directly to the league, not Directv or a foreign country. As for the international nonsense. Trust me, no matter what we do, the league is expanding internationally. Whether I pay $100 bucks and use a brit or amsterdam vpn to watch any NFL game I want in HD glory is irrelevant. I'm not going to watch crap streams at higher prices just to say 'MURICA. That's just stupid.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Mozzie, I've done both as well. There is no comparison between Directv's streaming service and NFL Gamepass. NFL Gamepass is done by the league and is infinitely superior to Directv. From its navigation to the stream quality to the statistical information it provides.We're paying the money directly to the league, not Directv or a foreign country. As for the international nonsense. Trust me, no matter what we do, the league is expanding internationally. Whether I pay $100 bucks and use a brit or amsterdam vpn to watch any NFL game I want in HD glory is irrelevant. I'm not going to watch crap streams at higher prices just to say 'MURICA. That's just stupid.

It's not irrelevant to revenue shares. If you VPN into a foreign country then pay the NFL that counts as international revenue. A fire is going to burn either way but putting gas on it is never a smart idea but go ahead. Think it's irrelevant. The business portion of life eludes most people so why would it be any different here? :pI highly doubt anyone gives 2 craps about which is better between Gamepass or Sunday Ticket. At the end of the day if you get an HD live stream who f$%'n cares. If people want to pay $99 or $300 to get the same thing whocares? The need to be "better" is annoying as #e!!. That is the irrelevant piece.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do you get VPN?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

How do you get VPN?

Google it. Click a link. Sign-up and download software. Pay money.http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vpn+service

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do you get VPN?

Google it. Click a link. Sign-up and download software. Pay money.http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vpn+service

Good.. thanks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How long a flight from NJ to Hawaii?  How long from NJ to London?My point was, does that make Hawaii "international", as a result of distance?  Or is that not your queef with the issue...you just hate England that badly (we won the war a while ago bud ), that you have disdain for the premise of the London Mozzies or whatever they shall call themselves?LMAO at me giving the NFL 100 as being the driving force to get a team in Europe. That's all it takes folks!  Research done!  LMMFAO!  What a total muppet. Murica!

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

How long a flight from NJ to Hawaii?  How long from NJ to London?My point was, does that make Hawaii "international", as a result of distance?  Or is that not your queef with the issue...you just hate England that badly (we won the war a while ago bud ), that you have disdain for the premise of the London Mozzies or whatever they shall call themselves?LMAO at me giving the NFL 100 as being the driving force to get a team in Europe. That's all it takes folks!  Research done!  LMMFAO!  What a total muppet. Murica!

Moink, distance doesn't make something international. My god man are you a total moron? What's the name of your school teachers so I can make formal complaints again them for failing you. Nice try on manufacturing stuff on why I don't think expanding the international presence is good for the NFL or that a "driving force" is vpn users allocating revenue wrong. It's a good middle schooler way to try to drive a conversation that you have no real answers too. LMMFAO indeed. Congrats on amusing the masses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just moved out of Florida and thought I was screwed! Just signed up and I'm ready to go! F*%& YEAH!!! Thanks for the site, Hate!

kool beans!!

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

You guys with the illegal feeds. I hope they send the swat team to your cribs and put the bracelets on you guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys with the illegal feeds. I hope they send the swat team to your cribs and put the bracelets on you guys.

Gotta get the game somehow.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

What illegal feed?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Deciding between Directv, NFL gamepass, or just streaming game online like I used to. I plan on calling Directv to see if there are any promotions or a way to lwoer the sunday ticket cost. Can you watch games on NFL gamepass live?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Deciding between Directv, NFL gamepass, or just streaming game online like I used to. I plan on calling Directv to see if there are any promotions or a way to lwoer the sunday ticket cost. Can you watch games on NFL gamepass live?

You can only watch NFL gamepass games live if you VPN from a non-US country. If your connected anywhere in the US your only option is illegal feeds or Sunday Ticket.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can only watch NFL gamepass games live if you VPN from a non-US country. If your connected anywhere in the US your only option is illegal feeds or Sunday Ticket.

Shew that sucks. Never have used VPN or even know what it is. Hopefully Directv gives me a discount like others have received.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Shew that sucks. Never have used VPN or even know what it is. Hopefully Directv gives me a discount like others have received.

They used to discount, but now that AT+T owns it, not so much. If at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IT IS NOT illegal to use VPN. It is NOT illegal to use a british VPN and sign up for NFL Gamepass and watch it in HD glory.Nothing discussed in this thread is illegal (well, the site I told you to google is, but I did not name it here). We are still paying for the service. It is not stealing anything. The NFL and Directv can have their billion dollar contract and exclusivity. I'll use the service provided by the league to the rest of the world. The league doesn't care as long as it gets its money and there's really nothing Directv can do about it because its not their feeds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question for anyone who knows.If you get the Sunday Ticket max plan that they are offering for people without Directv, is there a limit on devices?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

IT IS NOT illegal to use VPN. It is NOT illegal to use a british VPN and sign up for NFL Gamepass and watch it in HD glory.Nothing discussed in this thread is illegal (well, the site I told you to google is, but I did not name it here). We are still paying for the service. It is not stealing anything. The NFL and Directv can have their billion dollar contract and exclusivity. I'll use the service provided by the league to the rest of the world. The league doesn't care as long as it gets its money and there's really nothing Directv can do about it because its not their feeds.

Kinda sorta. You are defrauding the NFL by lying about your location in order to circumvent their terms of service. As you said the NFL is making money so it's unlikely they'd take legal action against you but they could if they wanted to prove a point like they are doing with Brady.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, make the switch, your first year of Ticket should be free.  Also, if you play customer service right, you get follow on years free or discounted.  I just got it free again this year despite being a 6 year DirectTv customer.sent you a PM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question for anyone who knows.If you get the Sunday Ticket max plan that they are offering for people without Directv, is there a limit on devices?

It can be used on any multitude of platforms (iPad, PC, Android, etc) but.....You can only be logged into one device at a time (which I believe is what you're asking). Typically, I'll have the Bucs on the local channel......a second game on TV #2 using the ticket and the iPad or PC on the redzone channel. I just realized how obsessed that all sounds. Setup on Sundays is a process!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It can be used on any multitude of platforms (iPad, PC, Android, etc) but.....You can only be logged into one device at a time (which I believe is what you're asking). Typically, I'll have the Bucs on the local channel......a second game on TV #2 using the ticket and the iPad or PC on the redzone channel. I just realized how obsessed that all sounds. Setup on Sundays is a process!

Fack... yea thats where I was going with that.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

we recently purchased a summer home on grand cayman, and I can absolutely tell you, without vpn, we never would have done it.  I’ve already reached rock star status with many neighbors and other ex-pats down there telling them all about the wonders of vpn….  some of them absolutely freaking out just because they can now get their fav American tv shows and oddly enough…….access Pandora and (American) Netflix again.  they’re pissed because the big hotels down there pirate most American tv ….and they can’t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is indeed an iPad app but it's a PITA to get. I used a British VPN, then had to create a Brit iTunes account. Downloaded the app then logged out of my iTunes Store and logged back in with my US account. As long as I had a VPN set up on my iPad, I could use the app. The cool thing is all you need VPN for is for the initial sign in. Once that's done, you can disconnect it and watch with your normal Internet bandwidth.

What VPN client do you guys prefer? PC based.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I use IPVanish, but there are many decent ones. The simpler the interface,Obviously the better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven't had any issues with PIA (Private Internet Access). Connections are fast and the service cheap as all get out. I use it for Doctor Who, Broadchurch and of course game pass.

Kinda sorta. You are defrauding the NFL by lying about your location in order to circumvent their terms of service. As you said the NFL is making money so it's unlikely they'd take legal action against you but they could if they wanted to prove a point like they are doing with Brady.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. The VPN is only the access point. The account is my regular NFL.com account and I pay through my paypal account. All the VPN does is allow me to get to where I need to to be able to pay for the service and then launch the site (or app) on gameday.The only time I've ever had to "lie about my location" was to the Apple Itunes store to download the IPad app. Maybe that was wrong but I wanted to watch the damn games on my IPad when I was travelling last year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jay, can you look at your PM’s please?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jay, can you look at your PM's please?

Thanks for the heads up. I don't get notifications for some reason and never notice to look up there.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I haven't had any issues with PIA (Private Internet Access). Connections are fast and the service cheap as all get out. I use it for Doctor Who, Broadchurch and of course game pass.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. The VPN is only the access point. The account is my regular NFL.com account and I pay through my paypal account. All the VPN does is allow me to get to where I need to to be able to pay for the service and then launch the site (or app) on gameday.The only time I've ever had to "lie about my location" was to the Apple Itunes store to download the IPad app. Maybe that was wrong but I wanted to watch the damn games on my IPad when I was travelling last year.

You have no idea what your talking about. The VPN circumvents the ToS. Your physical location is in the USA so you change that via VPN (deception) to gain access to something which your not entitled too. You can lie to yourself if that helps you feel better about it but it's still crossing the line and a gray area. Try using a VPN to get websites that are websensed at work and see how they handle it. People break the law daily by speeding or not coming to a full and complete stop at a stop sign. Maybe people speed up to go through a yellow light or weren't charged for something and don't let the cashier know. People are so accustom to skirting that line it's not a big deal when they cross it just a little but make no mistake it was crossed. I personally have no issues crossing the line and doing illegal stuff. I just don't try to convince anyone else or even myself that it's legal. That's just plain denial.Mark: What's you stance on this? If you ban someone from this website and they use a VPN to gain access back is that legal with the forums ToS? Would you allow that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, make the switch, your first year of Ticket should be free.  Also, if you play customer service right, you get follow on years free or discounted.  I just got it free again this year despite being a 6 year DirectTv customer.sent you a PM

Hey buddy mind giving me your secret on getting a discount? I received it free last year because I had just signed up with directv. Thanks brotha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mozzie, By purchasing my legal VPN, I'm allowed to connect to the internet using said VPN. If I choose to go to certain sites while on my VPN, that's my perrogative. Please show me a law ANYWHERE that forbids this act. Is it a work-around? Yes. Am I pirating or stealing service? No.  I'm using my private VPN how I see fit and using it for what it was intended.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

once I was forced to use a VPN to watch CNN….then the FBI told a lie…and I was SOL with my DSL

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Mozzie, By purchasing my legal VPN, I'm allowed to connect to the internet using said VPN. If I choose to go to certain sites while on my VPN, that's my perrogative. Please show me a law ANYWHERE that forbids this act. Is it a work-around? Yes. Am I pirating or stealing service? No.  I'm using my private VPN how I see fit and using it for what it was intended.

So your excuse is: You pay someone else to deceive and defraud the NFL for you so your innocent?  LMFAO! Really?!?!?!? Is that how you clear your conscience? I owe you one there. You can just make this stuff up! AHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!FYI: No one said you were stealing or pirating just blatantly violating the NFL terms of service which is a legal binding document you must agree to when you sign up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does anyone know if Gamepass will still show live games if you have a VPN subscription or is it now just replays and audio for everyone? I just got renewed but if its going to just be replays I want to refund that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t you guys see whats going on? Mozzie owns Directv and he’s trying to guilt you guys in to purchasing his company’s product instead.You sly devil, you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have no idea what your talking about. The VPN circumvents the ToS.

Just a note: it is typically not illegal to violate terms of service.  I suspect that the NFL could terminate the subscription (without recompense) of anyone they found to be doing this, but I strongly suspect that's the extent of what they could do.Standard IANAL disclaimer though.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Can't you guys see whats going on? Mozzie owns Directv and he's trying to guilt you guys in to purchasing his company's product instead.You sly devil, you.

Ewwww! I hate DirecTV as much as the next guy. Verizon FIOS here! It just happens Sunday Ticket is $99 and VPN+Gamepass is like $125-130 so cheapest guy wins. I've also got the option to use a FREE feed from family. They have a Slingbox hooked up but sometimes it doesn't work well or it gets turned off. I need something I can count on. VPN'ing to China or South Africa to watch NFL games is OK if it's the last resort.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see.Which one of these setups will give me access to the games on multiple TVs in my house? I don't care if I have to pirate ish. My conscience on this matter left when I was told I couldn't install my dish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does anyone know if Gamepass will still show live games if you have a VPN subscription or is it now just replays and audio for everyone? I just got renewed but if its going to just be replays I want to refund that.

Live games will be available internationally. The limitation to just pre-season is for those inside the U.S.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I see.Which one of these setups will give me access to the games on multiple TVs in my house? I don't care if I have to pirate ish. My conscience on this matter left when I was told I couldn't install my dish.

Get any of them then some multicast software or a Slingbox or a Google Chromecast. You can't use Gamepass or Sunday Ticket on multiple devices. I'd recommend Chromecast but I don't think you can  use more then 1 additional device that way so instead of 1 TV you'd get 2. A Slingbox is the same.Multicast software:http://www.airsquirrels.com/airparrot/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Moink, distance doesn't make something international. My god man are you a total moron? What's the name of your school teachers so I can make formal complaints again them for failing you. Nice try on manufacturing stuff on why I don't think expanding the international presence is good for the NFL or that a "driving force" is vpn users allocating revenue wrong. It's a good middle schooler way to try to drive a conversation that you have no real answers too. LMMFAO indeed. Congrats on amusing the masses.

So you're here on an international communication network to let us know why no one should use international communication networks. Gotcha.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

So you're here on an international communication network to let us know why no one should use international communication networks. Gotcha.

Did you forget to take your prozac or ritalin or is it just you smoked some crack/weed? There's something seriously wrong with you! Seek professional help!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey buddy mind giving me your secret on getting a discount? I received it free last year because I had just signed up with directv. Thanks brotha.

To start, if you haven't yet, call now and tell them you want to cancel the ticket for this year.  When they ask why, you tell them it's strictly economics.  They will instantly offer like a $10 a month discount, not bad which is $40 total I believe.  Of course you pause, ask if there is anything else they can do or any other discounts you can get.  They may offer a customer loyalty discount which is $10 a month for a year or other.  Next year is when you have the leverage.  Now you are out of the contract and you call, tell them you want to cancel your account at the end of the month as you are going to go with a new customer deal with another provider.  They will make offers to remain with DirectTV and you either wait for it or straight up ask for Sunday Ticket again. And bazinga, I got the ticket free, Showtime and HBO for 4 months free. You just have to work them.  BTW, I'm not as talented as others at this, a friend of mine has gotten the ticket free for over 5 years now.Good Luck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only a muppet…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

reading this thread has enlightened me as to how un-techy i am.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Word... all i wanna do is log on with a password and get my games.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

scroo all of you………this was funny!!!!!

once I was forced to use a VPN to watch CNN....then the FBI told a lie...and I was SOL with my DSL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, nothing but stellar service for me as well. If you have Directv and are not getting what you want, call, they can send someone out to re-adjust your dish, that should help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

exactly.....i'm not at all interested in having an address in Beruit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me, either!It's so simple it's not even funny. The "tech" talk makes me chuckle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me, either!It's so simple it's not even funny. The "tech" talk makes me chuckle.

you chuckle B-Fink, but i'm serious. I have never heard of a VPN before yesterday. I kinda like the idea of picking up my remote and pushing 7-0-4. Booyah, Sunday ticket. All the other stuff makes me dizzy.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

you chuckle B-Fink, but i'm serious. I have never heard of a VPN before yesterday. I kinda like the idea of picking up my remote and pushing 7-0-4. Booyah, Sunday ticket. All the other stuff makes me dizzy.

Yea the VPN option isn't for those who aren't very tech savvy. Sadly DTV knows that and takes advantage of those people by charging them more for Sunday Ticket.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea the VPN option isn't for those who aren't very tech savvy. Sadly DTV knows that and takes advantage of those people by charging them more for Sunday Ticket.

I have no problem paying for it. Money is no object....you know how that is, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any input on the better package to purchase for Sunday ticket? I can either order it for my tablet / laptop ($200) or for my PS4 ($259). Either way I’ll be connecting it up to my tv.  Just wasn’t sure if the viewing was better one way or the other.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mozzie, I've done both as well. There is no comparison between Directv's streaming service and NFL Gamepass. NFL Gamepass is done by the league and is infinitely superior to Directv. From its navigation to the stream quality to the statistical information it provides.We're paying the money directly to the league, not Directv or a foreign country. As for the international nonsense. Trust me, no matter what we do, the league is expanding internationally. Whether I pay $100 bucks and use a brit or amsterdam vpn to watch any NFL game I want in HD glory is irrelevant. I'm not going to watch crap streams at higher prices just to say 'MURICA. That's just stupid.

You and others are pulling the okie doke on the league though. Its not supposed to work that way. Directv is who pays the bills for the NFL.  Among other sources. So to short them, is hurting the league in the overall big picture.  Just my $0.02

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You and others are pulling the okie doke on the league though. Its not supposed to work that way. Directv is who pays the bills for the NFL.  Among other sources. So to short them, is hurting the league in the overall big picture.  Just my $0.02

No middle man. What percentage does the NFL receive per NFL DTV signup?  I bet it isn’t 70 Percent. Also, I’m quite sure the NFL knows about this. But they can’t complain because otherwise it’s no money for a lot of people who simply cannot get a dish attached to their rental property, or can’t receive a signal (boondock saints). The NFL is normally not going to complain when they receive money, and in the end it basically skips the middle man. The only entity I see getting the Okie-Doke, is DTV. But the NFL isn’t going to stop people from givin them 100 dollars, when guessing in essence that would be their margin anyhow…As for how easy, it's no more difficult to push 4-0-7 than it is fire up the Laptop, click on the VPN location you want, and then open the NFL site, and watch your game. It takes all of 2 minutes, tops.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I have no problem paying for it. Money is no object....you know how that is, right?

One doesn't become 'well off' and stay 'well off' by adopting a "Money is no object" attitude. That saying is never true. You might accept a large then average budget for something like entertainment in this case. My food budget is uncapped for example. I think we spend somewhere between $600 and $800 per person per month there. I see a car for what it is, a depreciating asset. I drive a POS car because there's no value added to drive a BMW or Tesla. I'm sure it looks a bit odd when someone who looks like Will Smith from MIB gets out of a POS car but that's life. I'm glad you feel it's OK for others to take advantage of you though. That's how I make my money so THANK YOU! :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No middle man. What percentage does the NFL receive per NFL DTV signup?  I bet it isn't 70 Percent. Also, I'm quite sure the NFL knows about this. But they can't complain because otherwise it's no money for a lot of people who simply cannot get a dish attached to their rental property, or can't receive a signal (boondock saints). The NFL is normally not going to complain when they receive money, and in the end it basically skips the middle man. The only entity I see getting the Okie-Doke, is DTV. But the NFL isn't going to stop people from givin them 100 dollars, when guessing in essence that would be their margin anyhow...As for how easy, it's no more difficult to push 4-0-7 than it is fire up the Laptop, click on the VPN location you want, and then open the NFL site, and watch your game. It takes all of 2 minutes, tops.

so B, you're watching on a laptop?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No middle man. What percentage does the NFL receive per NFL DTV signup?  I bet it isn't 70 Percent. Also, I'm quite sure the NFL knows about this. But they can't complain because otherwise it's no money for a lot of people who simply cannot get a dish attached to their rental property, or can't receive a signal (boondock saints). The NFL is normally not going to complain when they receive money, and in the end it basically skips the middle man. The only entity I see getting the Okie-Doke, is DTV. But the NFL isn't going to stop people from givin them 100 dollars, when guessing in essence that would be their margin anyhow...As for how easy, it's no more difficult to push 4-0-7 than it is fire up the Laptop, click on the VPN location you want, and then open the NFL site, and watch your game. It takes all of 2 minutes, tops.

Hope not, I got the 60 inch HD and Directv ready to go.  I don't want to have to get out a magnifying glass, to see jersey numbers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope not, I got the 60 inch HD and Directv ready to go.  I don't want to have to get out a magnifying glass, to see jersey numbers.

65" here.....i just can't watch a football game on a computer. In the process of signing up for Directv as we type.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

65" here.....i just can't watch a football game on a computer. In the process of signing up for Directv as we type.

Nice,Will you be able to catch the Minny game?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I think I’m going to go with DirecTv streaming again this year. I’ll do the PS4+laptop option.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think I'm going to go with DirecTv streaming again this year. I'll do the PS4+laptop option.

The real thing is not that much more money. Unless its not available in your area?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

of course. Check your PMs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know its just preseason but I am ready.19960915583_a90918b69a_o.jpgnfl by anti java, on Flickr

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ive been getting Sunday Ticket since the dish came out in 94′ so the only reason I was interested in GamePass was preseason live part. The cost however would be crazy so ill jut roll with Sunday Ticket which I have always loved.. And Hate, there really isn’t ever a reason to watch on a laptop anymore.. should be able to stream laptop to any modern TV with either a cable or wireless display adapter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know its just preseason but I am ready.19960915583_a90918b69a_o.jpgnfl by anti java, on Flickr

if someone wasn't so fond of you, she might call you a chauvinist after that post

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You and Anti?? Nice couple..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

if someone wasn't so fond of you, she might call you a chauvinist after that post

lolBP is awesome man. A great young lady. Great sports fan. What more could a guy ask for? This is a special day for her and her family so she may be throwing back a few. US flag raised over reopened Cuba embassy in Havana20393775110_cc14a7f1a5_o.pngcuba by anti java, on FlickrThe US has reopened its embassy in Cuba more than 54 years after it was closed, in a symbolic step signalling the warming of ties between both countries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolNo worries, we don't swing that way. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no rebuttal

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I think I'm going to go with DirecTv streaming again this year. I'll do the PS4+laptop option.

The real thing is not that much more money. Unless its not available in your area?

I don't have cable. Never have (since college) and probably won't. Mrs. PM and I watch all we want via Hulu, Netflix etc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't have cable. Never have (since college) and probably won't. Mrs. PM and I watch all we want via Hulu, Netflix etc.

Gotcha

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

At the last minute (30 minutes before the game) I decided to go the VPN route. It’s fantastic. The feed looks much better than my streaming Sunday Ticket last year. I’m pleasantly surprised. Thanks Bois and whomever else explained VPN for me. Edit: I'm at the in-laws who have horrible wifi so I'm using LTE via iPad. Works like a charm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At the last minute (30 minutes before the game) I decided to go the VPN route. It's fantastic. The feed looks much better than my streaming Sunday Ticket last year. I'm pleasantly surprised. Thanks Bois and whomever else explained VPN for me. Edit: I'm at the in-laws who have horrible wifi so I'm using LTE via iPad. Works like a charm.

Just out of curiosity, what does a VPN cost? And is it a monthly thing or one time fee?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Can't you guys see whats going on? Mozzie owns Directv and he's trying to guilt you guys in to purchasing his company's product instead.You sly devil, you.

Ewwww! I hate DirecTV as much as the next guy. Verizon FIOS here! It just happens Sunday Ticket is $99 and VPN+Gamepass is like $125-130 so cheapest guy wins. I've also got the option to use a FREE feed from family. They have a Slingbox hooked up but sometimes it doesn't work well or it gets turned off. I need something I can count on. VPN'ing to China or South Africa to watch NFL games is OK if it's the last resort.

They just sold off a big chunk of their FIOS service a couple months ago.  3 states I think it was. And they only had 13 to start with.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

At the last minute (30 minutes before the game) I decided to go the VPN route. It's fantastic. The feed looks much better than my streaming Sunday Ticket last year. I'm pleasantly surprised. Thanks Bois and whomever else explained VPN for me. Edit: I'm at the in-laws who have horrible wifi so I'm using LTE via iPad. Works like a charm.

Just out of curiosity, what does a VPN cost? And is it a monthly thing or one time fee?

Depends on the company. Some are monthly, some are annual, and some offer both.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

They just sold off a big chunk of their FIOS service a couple months ago.  3 states I think it was. And they only had 13 to start with.

Yea and........ Was there a point?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Just saw this. Sorry for the late reply. The VPN I used costs me $9.99/mo with first month free. I've watched each preseason game with it and it's impressive with HD quality and lack of feed interruptions. I'll be using this again next year. It was easier to set up than it seemed. I though I would get lost, but it was pretty straightforward and I have a step by step guide as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just saw this. Sorry for the late reply. The VPN I used costs me $9.99/mo with first month free. I've watched each preseason game with it and it's impressive with HD quality and lack of feed interruptions. I'll be using this again next year. It was easier to set up than it seemed. I though I would get lost, but it was pretty straightforward and I have a step by step guide as well.

Good for you man!Cut out the middle man. The games look SUPERIOR to me, IMO. Something about the picture quality is "smoother". Glad it worked out for ya!  Unfortunately, I have to go to my buddies bar as he insists I watch game 1 with him....I had to oblige. But enjoy bro!Go Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's just starting the service on the laptop. After that you can easily connect your laptop to any tv and watch the HD in all its glorious 60inch display. Apple TV anyone? BF is right. It's eazy peazy. And if someone actually believes the NFL doesn't know about VPN and this workaround? LOL they still get their $100.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Good for you man!Cut out the middle man. The games look SUPERIOR to me, IMO. Something about the picture quality is "smoother". Glad it worked out for ya!  Unfortunately, I have to go to my buddies bar as he insists I watch game 1 with him....I had to oblige. But enjoy bro!Go Bucs

Thanks. Like I said I've only watched the preseason using this method, but I have to agree on the quality difference. Streaming Sunday Ticket vs Streaming Gamepass isn't a contest. GP wins hands down. I'm not sure what NFLST does to their stream that limits the quality, but it's noticeable. It becomes far more noticeable when you put the stream on a 60" flat screen. No signal interruptions either so far. Suffice it to say I'm very pleased with the product and glad you guys shared that info.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

He's just starting the service on the laptop. After that you can easily connect your laptop to any tv and watch the HD in all its glorious 60inch display. Apple TV anyone? BF is right. It's eazy peazy. And if someone actually believes the NFL doesn't know about VPN and this workaround? LOL they still get their $100.

Yeah, the only party not being paid is DirecTV. My only frustration with this is that internationally they have a better product than we are provided within the country. Seems like it shouldn't be that way, but hey at least there is a workaround.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone know if you go the Sunday ticket route if you can use thr iPhone and mirror it to an AppleTV?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey man I am was going to buy the ticket cause I don't know anything about VPN and the whole process. Care to explain the step by step guide so I can save some money?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Hey man I am was going to buy the ticket cause I don't know anything about VPN and the whole process. Care to explain the step by step guide so I can save some money?

This was what I used and it's very straightforward. There are links to further instructions if you're using specific equipment (like an iPad to watch the games). https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/2cstpa/nfl_20142015_guide

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was what I used and it's very straightforward. There are links to further instructions if you're using specific equipment (like an iPad to watch the games). https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/2cstpa/nfl_20142015_guide

Nice man thanks. Much appreciated. Def gonna try and do this. Did you just go the gamepass route with VPN access?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By the way it looks like directv is airing this Sundays games for free. On their website it says a preview of nfl sunday ticket all day. Just letting everybody know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I went ahead and did the direct tv thing. It’s a total of 199, made in 4 payments. They upgraded me to max for free. I’m fine with it. The illegal streams are free, but have terrible quality and sometimes cut out and drop off. Plus I get Redzone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I went ahead and did the direct tv thing. It's a total of 199, made in 4 payments. They upgraded me to max for free. I'm fine with it. The illegal streams are free, but have terrible quality and sometimes cut out and drop off. Plus I get Redzone.

Good thing we aren’t getting crappy illegal streams that cut out. And you spent twice as much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I went ahead and did the direct tv thing. It's a total of 199, made in 4 payments. They upgraded me to max for free. I'm fine with it. The illegal streams are free, but have terrible quality and sometimes cut out and drop off. Plus I get Redzone.

Good thing we aren't getting crappy illegal streams that cut out. And you spent twice as much.

I also get the redzone channel and I don't have to deal with the vpn stuff. It might sound dumb, but I just prefer to do stuff honestly. I'd rather spend an extra Benjamin than deal with a bothered conscience. Not judging anyone else, I just did what felt right for me.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Nice man thanks. Much appreciated. Def gonna try and do this. Did you just go the gamepass route with VPN access?

Yes I went with Gamepass + VPN access. I used ExpressVPN, but there are plenty out there and even some free options.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Good thing we aren't getting crappy illegal streams that cut out. And you spent twice as much.

I also get the redzone channel and I don't have to deal with the vpn stuff. It might sound dumb, but I just prefer to do stuff honestly. I'd rather spend an extra Benjamin than deal with a bothered conscience. Not judging anyone else, I just did what felt right for me.

Definitely do what feels right to you. I'm curious about what bothered your conscience about the Gamepass option. As far as RedZone is concerned you can get that via Gamepass as well. For me the improvement in streaming quality was too much to pass up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your conscience is bothering you about giving the NFL the money directly, or by giving directtv their vendor services?  Eff directtv. Giving up a c-note to pay a crappy satellite cable provider bothers my conscience. My conscience would be screaming “why did you give DTV their cut of money? The NFL doesn’t care. They are getting a 100 to have a fan pay to watch the BUCS!  They stink. Paying 20 is more than enough lately.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tried and went the vpn route this year after doing the direct tv streaming the last 2 years. Hey boid when I paid for gamepass it said it was 139$ is that how much u paid. Hoping the vpn route will be better can't stand direct tv or the nfl corporation as a whole to be honest with you. If I could watch quality bucs games for free and screw over both I would.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tried and went the vpn route this year after doing the direct tv streaming the last 2 years. Hey boid when I paid for gamepass it said it was 139$ is that how much u paid. Hoping the vpn route will be better can't stand direct tv or the nfl corporation as a whole to be honest with you. If I could watch quality bucs games for free and screw over both I would.

No man…I paid 100, 110 total with VPN access…sounds like currency exchange?  I don’t know…lol…at least you got it though. Enjoy. I take an HDMI cable, run it into my TV and enjoy awesomeness. (Well…football…what I have been watching regarding the Bucs has been far from good)

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

No man...I paid 100, 110 total with VPN access...sounds like currency exchange?  I don't know...lol...at least you got it though. Enjoy. I take an HDMI cable, run it into my TV and enjoy awesomeness. (Well...football...what I have been watching regarding the Bucs has been far from good)

Where are you getting a VPN for $10 for the whole season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No man...I paid 100, 110 total with VPN access...sounds like currency exchange?  I don't know...lol...at least you got it though. Enjoy. I take an HDMI cable, run it into my TV and enjoy awesomeness. (Well...football...what I have been watching regarding the Bucs has been far from good)

I should have been more precise. 9.99 a month for my VPN.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I should have been more precise. 9.99 a month for my VPN.

What VPN are you using?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

He may have the one team option for 100.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good for you man. I feel the same way. I know its not a felony, or you don't have to worry about the swat team showing up at your front door.  But still. Guys that go that route, are putting the okey doke on the system.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VPN is not illegal but I get the ethical dilemma some of you may feel you are in. However, when I consider that the NFL and DirecTV are pretty much engaged in a monopoly, which has legal and ethical implications in itself, I’m not really concerned if I find another legal way to watch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good for you man. I feel the same way. I know its not a felony, or you don't have to worry about the swat team showing up at your front door.  But still. Guys that go that route, are putting the okey doke on the system.

Again, it just bypasses DTV. That’s it. What is the revenue sharing?  In sure it isn’t 50-50…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, it just bypasses DTV. That's it. What is the revenue sharing?  In sure it isn't 50-50...

I hear ya bro, but if it was on the up and up, the league would shop the idea. Or provide their own VPN service. They cant do that after collecting that 1 billion dollar check from Directv. It would be stepping on toes so to speak. And if they are looking the other way, as you and others suggest. Directv and AT&T would have a hell of a lawsuit.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I have Sunday ticket but I dont see the big deal with you guys using the vpn’s and all that. I may try it next season.

Please wait…

Viewing 165 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.