Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Sometimes you just lose. Missed extra points happen, QBs throw red zone picks, guys don’t get out of bounds when they should, etc. All of those things, except for maybe the XP, are things that we don’t like but they’re fairly common occurances. What is not common is the ability of the other team to consistently have wide open receivers over and over and over again. I’ve never seen anything like it in my 25 or so years of watching the NFL and the stats back that up. Our pass defense’s futility is unprecedented. We can all point to the XP, or a Jameis mistake, or a mental error by just about anyone, but the theme that stands out through every loss, and even the wins, is that this defense cannot stop anyone at a level unseen in human history.

• RudeGuy

Participant

How many teams have players in the secondary with very little NFL starting experience in addition to Mike Smith?

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many teams have players in the secondary with very little NFL starting experience in addition to Mike Smith?

Tons of teams have similar situations, it’s not an excuse for guys being uncovered, or for consistently playing soft zones that let guys catch uncontested passes all day.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

To be the absolute worst at anything has to have a sort of perfect storm involved. I guess that’s ours. But on the other hand, if you’re one of the best 32 defensive minds on the planet with legitimate NFL players to work with, surely you should be able to do something to avoid being the worst ever. Bad could be forgiven, but shattering records for futility?

• Buc on the Move

Participant

To be the absolute worst at anything has to have a sort of perfect storm involved. I guess that’s ours. But on the other hand, if you’re one of the best 32 defensive minds on the planet with legitimate NFL players to work with, surely you should be able to do something to avoid being the worst ever. Bad could be forgiven, but shattering records for futility?

Exactly

• CyberDilemma

Participant

I have noticed that Kwon has absolutely zero pass coverage skills. It is an automatic first down anytime it is thrown in his general vincinity.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.