Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero  ·  4h 4 hours agoNFL has told teams if they want to be considered to host a Super Bowl they must be prepared to give up home games by playing in London. :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just put the Jaguars over there permanently already , and leave us the hell alone.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

Let’s see. They are saying if you want to be on the big stage at the end of the year then you need to take the big stage during the regular season?  That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. When don’t you normally need to step up and pay the piper or prove you deserve something to get what you want?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's see. They are saying if you want to be on the big stage at the end of the year then you need to take the big stage during the regular season?  That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. When don't you normally need to step up and pay the piper or prove you deserve something to get what you want?

Who is you?  Fans of the home team aren't likely to go to either game...

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

Let's see. They are saying if you want to be on the big stage at the end of the year then you need to take the big stage during the regular season?  That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. When don't you normally need to step up and pay the piper or prove you deserve something to get what you want?

Who is you?  Fans of the home team aren't likely to go to either game...

Fans of this team aren't likely to go to ANY games.  What's your point? The NFL is a business and the SB and London games are big bucks. I bet the TV revenue from a London game is more profitable for the Buc's than a home game. How quickly people forget what we call a 'game' other's call a 'business'.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How quickly we forget that when this team was competing for Superbowls season tickets were sold out with a waiting list .Its a business , indeed , and a business needs to offer a good product if they want people to buy it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO. Goodell needs to go. No one wants to play in London.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

How quickly we forget that when this team was competing for Superbowls season tickets were sold out with a waiting list .Its a business , indeed , and a business needs to offer a good product if they want people to buy it.

A sold out game here doesn't come close to the revenue of a sold out game in London. The business is offering a product that selling out. What more can any company ask for? I didn't say I liked that fact but the UK is an untapped gold mine for the NFL. They could make BILLIONS in other countries and that's their only way to grow the company as it's hit market saturation in the states. Good try DOLO!

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

LMAO. Goodell needs to go. No one wants to play in London.

Who's going to do that? All 32 owners voted unanimously to renew his contract since he's doing such a great job. They even gave him a HUGE salary increase.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A sold out game here doesn't come close to the revenue of a sold out game in London. The business is offering a product that selling out. What more can any company ask for? I didn't say I liked that fact but the UK is an untapped gold mine for the NFL. They could make BILLIONS in other countries and that's their only way to grow the company as it's hit market saturation in the states. Good try DOLO!

Yet, they have to dangle a carrot to get teams to play in that lucrative venue?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah Calico. In business you have to beg people to make more money. Lolz

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

Yet, they have to dangle a carrot to get teams to play in that lucrative venue?

Coaches and players don't like it owners do. It's tough on coaches and players to have a short week and travel that far. Are you really going to keep spinning your wheels knowing you'll never get any traction? Silly monkey!

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

Yeah Calico. In business you have to beg people to make more money. Lolz

When it comes at the cost of the employees happiness you do. Fail troll is fail! King my @ss. You might be a squire troll at best. Come on man you should show improvement each week but like the Buc's you continue to fail at that. :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You seem to have left out the fans… that don’t like it.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

You seem to have left out the fans... that don't like it.

What the 50-60k fans here who don't like it vs the 80-90k fans there who do? Not to mention a higher ticket price as well. You see the issue there? Your cry's fall on deaf ears there."The two games in London this year (2013) are averaging more fans in attendance than any team is averaging stateside in its home stadium." They averaged 83,000 fans per game. It's expected to be 87-90k in 2014.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What the 40-50k fans here who don't like it vs the 70-80k fans there who do? Not to mention a higher ticket price as well. You see the issue there? Your cry's fall on deaf ears there.

Donald Trump would call them "small potatos"...  Each team has pockets of fans over there.  They go to an NFL event, not a home game.  If NFL Europa is any indication, they won't be buying an inferior product for long... and teams chasing the cash prize tend to play poorly.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

What the 40-50k fans here who don't like it vs the 70-80k fans there who do? Not to mention a higher ticket price as well. You see the issue there? Your cry's fall on deaf ears there.

Donald Trump would call them "small potatos"...  Each team has pockets of fans over there.  They go to an NFL event, not a home game.  If NFL Europa is any indication, they won't be buying an inferior product for long... and teams chasing the cash prize tend to play poorly.

Which is why you're at home posting and they are playing games in London without consulting you. Valiant effort though. You do put out some damn amusing stuff!FYI: The London games have been out selling any stateside home game since 2007 when they started. They've been buying it and increasing in sales for the last 7 years. When exactly will they stop buying this inferior product again? The fact is those fans are the ones driving this. *DELUSIONAL*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero  ·  4h 4 hours agoNFL has told teams if they want to be considered to host a Super Bowl they must be prepared to give up home games by playing in London. :o

Clear this up for me.  The "NFL" is the "Owners"... right?  The "Owners" are the "Teams"... right?  So how did the "NFL" tell the "Teams" anything?  They're one in the same, no?  How can you coerce yourself?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which is why you're at home posting and they are playing games in London without consulting you. Valiant effort though. You do put out some damn amusing stuff!

...and they still have to force the issue to get teams to go play in their sideshow...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clear this up for me.  The "NFL" is the "Owners"... right?  The "Owners" are the "Teams"... right?  So how did the "NFL" tell the "Teams" anything?  They're one in the same, no?  How can you coerce yourself?

They are a group of 32 owners, right?  If there was a absolute concensus, they wouldn't need to add huge incentives to get teams to play the London game... they'd just schedule them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are a group of 32 owners, right?  If there was a absolute concensus, they wouldn't need to add huge incentives to get teams to play the London game... they'd just schedule them.

Yeah, but they'd still need a clear majority.  I believe they need 76%.  What does that statement tell you?  It tells you nothing.  It doesn't say how many.  It doesn't say who.  It doesn't say when.  It's a total waste of 25 words.

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.