Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Sam Ram 33

Participant

How do these officials continue to not do there job and get away with it.  First i will start off by saying i am on the side of losing because winning does nothing for us so i am glad that the NFL officiating crew is as piss poor as it is.1. Obviously the Jackson "fumble" should have been overturned and cost us 3-7 points.  Thats all that needs to be said about that.2. This seems to happen all the time in the NFL and i just don't understand how no one, including the coaches don't see it.  On the 4th and 1 play the whistle blew at 2:02 and it was a change of possession.  The bears should have had to snap the ball. The bucs had two timeouts and the two minute warning.  So in theory they should have got the ball back with about 1:45 instead of 17 seconds. Instead the officials wrongly call for the two minute warning.The officials were wrong and if Lovie or anyone on the bucs staff had any clue what was going on they should be in the officials ear about this.  And if they don't listen you throw the challenge flag, you win the challenge and you get the clock at 2:02.  Instead Lovie challenges a play that he has no chance of winning and the rest of history.I am sure ill get heat for even bringing this up but i wanted to vent my frustration.  This isn't just a Lovie/Buc issue.  I see this kinda crap all the time in the NFL.  It is fascinating that a billion dollar industry can't correct the simple things

• billym

Participant

Be thankful those calls didn’t determine who went to the playoffs or Super Bowl.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If anything the Bucs should have challenged how much time is left when the whistle blew.  Not sure if that is reviewable but it should.

• billym

Participant

When your team sucks, you get bottom rated officiating crews. The big games get the highly rated crews. The the best rated crews get the playoff and Super Bowl game. You want better officiating, win some games.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do these officials continue to not do there job and get away with it.  First i will start off by saying i am on the side of losing because winning does nothing for us so i am glad that the NFL officiating crew is as piss poor as it is.1. Obviously the Jackson "fumble" should have been overturned and cost us 3-7 points.  Thats all that needs to be said about that.2. This seems to happen all the time in the NFL and i just don't understand how no one, including the coaches don't see it.  On the 4th and 1 play the whistle blew at 2:02 and it was a change of possession.  The bears should have had to snap the ball. The bucs had two timeouts and the two minute warning.  So in theory they should have got the ball back with about 1:45 instead of 17 seconds. Instead the officials wrongly call for the two minute warning.The officials were wrong and if Lovie or anyone on the bucs staff had any clue what was going on they should be in the officials ear about this.  And if they don't listen you throw the challenge flag, you win the challenge and you get the clock at 2:02.  Instead Lovie challenges a play that he has no chance of winning and the rest of history.I am sure ill get heat for even bringing this up but i wanted to vent my frustration.  This isn't just a Lovie/Buc issue.  I see this kinda crap all the time in the NFL.  It is fascinating that a billion dollar industry can't correct the simple things

You are completely 100% correct on both points. The failure to overturn the V-Jax fumble call was absolutely horrible.It is an absolute joke that Walt Coleman still has a job. He does not have a clue what he is doing, at all. He is old and senile and he is complete embarrassment for the NFL. Added to the fact that he is terrible, there is also the fact that he never ever ever overturns his own calls. Also, Lovie throwing the challenge flag at the end was one of the dumbest things that i have ever seen. If Lovie even had a fraction of a brain cell, then that would be an improvement. I watched the game with my dog, and even my dog thought that was dumb

• rrosemarie8

Participant

When your team sucks, you get bottom rated officiating crews. The big games get the highly rated crews. The the best rated crews get the playoff and Super Bowl game. You want better officiating, win some games.

Must have missed the stat on Colemans officiating crew, 2nd fewest penalty avg. Just seems like they call penalties one way. Jackson was down, there was a play in another game earlier this year that they looked at his shin and not his knee. Okay, Jackson's forearm is all down then his elbow, still called to be a fumble. I wish they could've tackled Jennings in the end zone, that would've been a safety since he was out then went back into the end zone. I gotta eat my words about the team improving tho, that game was terrible.

• billym

Participant

Must have missed the stat on Colemans officiating crew, 2nd fewest penalty avg. Just seems like they call penalties one way. Jackson was down, there was a play in another game earlier this year that they looked at his shin and not his knee. Okay, Jackson's forearm is all down then his elbow, still called to be a fumble. I wish they could've tackled Jennings in the end zone, that would've been a safety since he was out then went back into the end zone. I gotta eat my words about the team improving tho, that game was terrible.

Its not the amount of flags a crew throws, that determines their ratings. Its bogus calls that the league looks at.

• rrosemarie8

Participant

Its not the amount of flags a crew throws, that determines their ratings. Its bogus calls that the league looks at.

Lol, there were quite a few of bogus calls. These guys looked clueless, think I lip-read one of em saying "so what do we call?" I thought that was funny, those guys didn't know who to call on and what to call. Also, they called a penalty on the Bears, on a guy that wasnt even on the field.

• billym

Participant

Lol, there were quite a few of bogus calls. These guys looked clueless, think I lip-read one of em saying "so what do we call?" I thought that was funny, those guys didn't know who to call on and what to call. Also, they called a penalty on the Bears, on a guy that wasnt even on the field.

All those calls will get reviewed during the week by the league.  If wrong, the crew will get an even lower rating.  All I am sayin is, we don't need to be worrying about Walt Coleman's crew being in the Super Bowl. Are we really crying about bad officiating when this team sucks big time, without any help from the zebes.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Refs didn’t cost the Bucs the game, the Bucs lost the game on their own. With that out of the way, I’d love to have the fumble explained to me because it seemed pretty irrefutable that he was down.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt the bucs suck and McCown probably would have blown it had they got both calls right .  The worse part about it all is the D played really well today.  McCown lost this game by himself.

• rrosemarie8

Participant

All those calls will get reviewed during the week by the league.  If wrong, the crew will get an even lower rating.  All I am sayin is, we don't need to be worrying about Walt Coleman's crew being in the Super Bowl. Are we really crying about bad officiating when this team sucks big time, without any help from the zebes.

No doubt the team sucks, but when things are so one-sided its frustrating. These teams suck so lets focus our officiating on the worse of the two. Pay closer attention to things the Bucs do, not the Bears (in this case). ALSO!! What the (censored) was with that situation before the half? He hit someone who he thought had the ball...you cant hit em high, now you cant tackle low?! Seriously just break out the flags and put em around the waist. So stupid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m glad they didn’t cost us a loss.

• rrosemarie8

Participant

I'm glad they didn't cost us a loss.

So you watched to see and hope they lose? I must be the only one hoping to see a win.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you watched to see and hope they lose? I must be the only one hoping to see a win.

What does this team have to gain by winning? Yeah the division was very winnable but thats about it. This team would get destroyed by the Packers or any other high scoring offense.

• rrosemarie8

Participant

What does this team have to gain by winning? Yeah the division was very winnable but thats about it. This team would get destroyed by the Packers or any other high scoring offense.

Wins come with improving. You really think losing is an improvement? Also, the whole 'wed get smashed by an high scoring offense' thing is stupid. Those Atlanta and Baltimore games were flukes, granted the Bucs didnt play well, Atlanta and Baltimore didnt continue on a roll of putting up 35+ on teams. I say that, cos thats probably some of your guys' reasoning behind 'we'd get smashed in the playoffs'. I love that you, among others, know this. ::)I dont think it would be wrong to say if we got in the playoffs, we'd still lose. But I dont think its right to say we'd get beat by some crazy margin. Has another blowout loss happen to us again? And dont say yet...if you think this team is improving, then blowouts most likely wont happen. We do play the Packers so we'll see if this losing team is improving. I said it last week too, cos I really thought so...watching em today just seemed to be the exact opposite of improvement.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are we really crying about bad officiating when this team sucks big time, without any help from the zebes.

Why not? Everyone is always crying about the team's bad play all week long. This is something fresh.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're not the only one.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.