Viewing 112 reply threads

• Author

• Hate

Participant

Does anyone else disagree with this top 5 as much as i do?#5 Colts#4 49ers#3 Broncos#2 Bears#1 Redskinshttp://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000354551/Which-team-has-the-best-wide-receivers-in-the-NFL?campaign=Facebook_videos_wrs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Errr… Yeah the colts seem high to me… And I can’t wrap my head around Washington even being top 5?!?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dart board rankings

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kinda surprised NO isn’t up there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That ranking is horrible!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#1– Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SF? Sure this list isnt from 2009? Lloyd, Boldin and Stevie Johnson are about one season away from spending Sundays playing shuffle board at the Boca Raton senior center.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does anyone else disagree with this top 5 as much as i do?#5 Colts#4 49ers#3 Broncos#2 Bears#1 Redskinshttp://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000354551/Which-team-has-the-best-wide-receivers-in-the-NFL?campaign=Facebook_videos_wrs

Hate,As much as I dislike them, when healthy, the combo of Julio Jones and Roddy White is very good.  I would rate them ahead of the Redskins and Colts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you guys may be confusing WR corp with WR tandem.  This isnt a list of the teams with the top 2 weapons on the outside, but complete WR corps from top to bottom.  Having said that, not sure I would have the Colts on that list, but the others seem to belong.  If Jax holds on to Blackmon, I could see them on this list next year if their 2 rookies are what I expect them to be. 

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Washington ? Did I miss something ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty solid unitD. JacksonP. GarconS. MossL. HankersonA. RobertsA. RobinsonR. GrantN. Williams

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

There are a lot of #1’s better than Djax and a lot of #2’s better than Garcon. Santana is ok but he is pretty much washed up. His explosiveness is gone.You are only as good as your top 3 wrs . Don't see #1 overall for Wash. That's insane.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with QB on this one.  But I would like to think they have Garcon pegged as their #1. That being said…their top 3 don’t come close to some other squads like NO (if you count graham as a WR) and the top 3 should be weighted much more heavily than the bottom 3-4.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jackson and Garcon EACH had 1,300 yards last season as the #1 receivers for their teams. While I wouldn’t bet on them doing that again, there is reason for ranking them highly. Personally, I think Atlanta should be #1 because they have three wide receivers who have had 1,000 yards in the last two seasons and unlike Washignton with Moss, none of the Falcons players are washed up.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

There are a lot of #1's better than Djax and a lot of #2's better than Garcon. Santana is ok but he is pretty much washed up. His explosiveness is gone.You are only as good as your top 3 wrs . Don't see #1 overall for Wash. That's insane.

I agree with the Djax part but not Garcon. Garcon had 113 rec for 1300 yards. Those are pretty damn good numbers. I know they will drop a little if he is now the #2 but come on there are not "a lot" of better #2s than him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are a lot of #1's better than Djax and a lot of #2's better than Garcon. Santana is ok but he is pretty much washed up. His explosiveness is gone.You are only as good as your top 3 wrs . Don't see #1 overall for Wash. That's insane.

I agree with the Djax part but not Garcon. Garcon had 113 rec for 1300 yards. Those are pretty damn good numbers. I know they will drop a little if he is now the #2 but come on there are not "a lot" of better #2s than him.

He mad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t know what the 49ers are doing on that list, and I agree about the Skins not being on the list much less at the top. I think you have to look beyond the #1 and #2 guys, to the whole depth chart, and include Tight Ends in the conversation. 1. Denver2. Indy (if Nicks is healthy, otherwise much lower)3. Chicago4. New Orleans5. Tampa Bay ;)

Please wait…

• jamesh

Participant

I'd say it was fairly accurate, at least in capturing 5 of the best 6-7 WR corps. ATL should be in the top 5. Broncos should be #1.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I guess that's true on Garcon , but still , best core in the league ? No way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO!!That is honestly the WORST list I have ever seen.  From top to bottom it is fucking awful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand what they’re saying (the whole wr unit), but this ranking is still wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t forget Jordan Reed (TE) for the ‘Skins. Dude is a BEAST.RG3's season went off-the-charts bad when Reed was lost for the year.I'll be keeping my eye on Garcon & Reed this Fantasy Football season..................

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CHIATLTBNOSFOn paper lots of teams look good. CHI TB + NO have the big prototype pass catchers while SF + ATL have a collection of very good WR's. SF got so much better by adding Brandon Lloyd and Stevie Johnson to Boldin and Crabtree. Not to mention Vernon Davis. Is this SF's year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate,As much as I dislike them, when healthy, the combo of Julio Jones and Roddy White is very good.  I would rate them ahead of the Redskins and Colts.

agree 100%

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Julio Jones and Roddy White are a great #1 and #2, maybe the best in the league, although after what Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery did last year you have to consider them too. Gonzalez is a giant loss for the Falcons. Without a legit 3rd target to scare teams, I can’t rate the Falcons receiving group that high.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Julio Jones and Roddy White are a great #1 and #2, maybe the best in the league, although after what Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery did last year you have to consider them too. Gonzalez is a giant loss for the Falcons. Without a legit 3rd target to scare teams, I can't rate the Falcons receiving group that high.

Give me White, Julio and Harry Douglas over what the Colts trot out there every day of the week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Julio Jones and Roddy White are a great #1 and #2, maybe the best in the league, although after what Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery did last year you have to consider them too. Gonzalez is a giant loss for the Falcons. Without a legit 3rd target to scare teams, I can't rate the Falcons receiving group that high.

Give me White, Julio and Harry Douglas over what the Colts trot out there every day of the week.

Are you serious? Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Dwayne Allen, Koby Fleener, and now Nicks and Montcrief. Depth my friend. Falcons lose White or Jones for more than a game or 2 and they're screwed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you serious? Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Dwayne Allen, Koby Fleener, and now Nicks and Montcrief. Depth my friend. Falcons lose White or Jones for more than a game or 2 and they're screwed.

Wayne is gimpy and Nicks is made of crystal. I'll pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Broncos have d Thomas, Wes welker, Julian Thomas, Emanuel sanders, and that new athletic and tough rookie, with Peyton manning throwing them the ball, that’s hands down the best WR group in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yea  the colts have two above average pass catching TEs, Ty Hilton, if healthy again the most reliable vet WR in the league, a good rookie. They don’t even need nicks but if he is on the field then yea u can’t argue with that. That’s a solid unit for sure

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Broncos get my vote also.

Please wait…

• jamesh

Participant

Harry Douglas was a 85 reception/1000 yard WR last year. Dude is a legit #3 target. They'll also find ways to use Hester in space. They definitely have a top 5 WR corps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty solid unitD. JacksonP. GarconS. MossL. HankersonA. RobertsA. RobinsonR. GrantN. Williams

I S. Moss all of a sudden 10 years younger??  Garcon??  This list is embarrassing. Washington need to worry about the QB spot, it's a lousy as anyones.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I S. Moss all of a sudden 10 years younger??  Garcon??  This list is embarrassing. Washington need to worry about the QB spot, it's a lousy as anyones.

Umm...Buffalo, NY Jets, Vikings, Titans, and Raiders all disagree with you.

Please wait…

• jamesh

Participant

If the Vikings and Raiders make ^this^ list, then so should Cleveland, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston, and STL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Vikings and Raiders make ^this^ list, then so should Cleveland, Jacksonville, Miami, Houston, and STL.

Sure, throw them all on there.

Please wait…

• jamesh

Participant

Moss isn't a terrible #4 option. Garcon, when healthy is a very good and productive WR. He doesn't score a lot of TDs, but he averages 5 rec for 64 yards per game. That's good production for a high end #2 WR. Roberts is a good #3/slot option.The Skins certainly aren't #1, but I don't see why they aren't at least #4 or #5. Their top 4 are better than 80-85% of the leagues top 4 WR corps.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Harry Douglas was a 85 reception/1000 yard WR last year. Dude is a legit #3 target. They'll also find ways to use Hester in space. They definitely have a top 5 WR corps.

Douglas put up decent numbers because he was all Matt Ryan really had left to throw to. He isn't striking fear in any defensive coordinators though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Douglas put up decent numbers because he was all Matt Ryan really had left to throw to. He isn't striking fear in any defensive coordinators though.

He's a very solid #3. With defenses focusing on Jones and White, Douglas will get good matchups.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Washington's QB situation might be worse than any teams QB situation for the mere fact that they have been conned into thinking that RGIII is any kind of threat anymore.

Please wait…

• jamesh

Participant

He's a very solid #3. With defenses focusing on Jones and White, Douglas will get good matchups.

Exactly. He is a pretty good #3 option and will continue to make plays vs lesser DBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 Denver. 2 Chicago. honorable mentions maybe atl, kc, philly….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 Denver. 2 Chicago. honorable mentions maybe atl, kc, philly....

Surely u jest. Chiefs got turrible WR play last year, including from the now massively overpaid Dwayne Bowe. And who else do they have besides that bum?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many #3 WRs do?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VJax Evans ASJ Herron Demps Sims. We might have a player or two there. Myers and Wright had over 100 catches 1,000 yards and 9 TD combined last year and they are considered after thoughts in the 2014 Bucs offense..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Washington's QB situation might be worse than any teams QB situation for the mere fact that they have been conned into thinking that RGIII is any kind of threat anymore.

Sure buddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly. He is a pretty good #3 option and will continue to make plays vs lesser DBs.

Meh. Without Gonzalez drawing coverage to the middle of the field, no way Harry Douglas puts up those numbers on his own. Douglas isn't scaring anybody. Gonzalez was the best player on that offense outside of Jones, and you could make an argument that Gonzalez was even more important than Jones. They're not going to be horrible, but they're probably not going to be a top 10 offense either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure buddy.

The last time I saw an athlete as afraid as RGIII was coming back last year, was when Tyson fought Spinks in June of 1988.  Fear is a tough one to overcome and unfortunately for the NFL and the 'Skins, Griffin's best days are behind him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure buddy.

The last time I saw an athlete as afraid as RGIII was coming back last year, was when Tyson fought Spinks in June of 1988.  Fear is a tough one to overcome and unfortunately for the NFL and the 'Skins, Griffin's best days are behind him.

Like I said, sure buddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure buddy.

Care to put a wager on that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess Washington does has some depth at WR, and defenses in the NFC East are pretty, but they’ll still find a way to malfunction in the clutch like they always do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure buddy.

Care to put a wager on that?

I am always up for a bet.  What would the wager be specifically?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t be an idiot, you’re really going to bet the guy never again has a good year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VJax Evans ASJ Herron Demps Sims. We might have a player or two there. Myers and Wright had over 100 catches 1,000 yards and 9 TD combined last year and they are considered after thoughts in the 2014 Bucs offense..

And when did ASJ, Demps or Sims become WRs?Wait there's 2 more TEs, thats 5 of the 8 listed that don't even play the position being ranked.Might as well throw McCown in there because he played a bit of wideout with the Lions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't be an idiot, you're really going to bet the guy never again has a good year?

Did you watch his scared ass last season?  RGIII is finished.  Simple as that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't be an idiot, you're really going to bet the guy never again has a good year?

Did you watch his scared ass last season?  RGIII is finished.  Simple as that.

That's a bit of a reach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder who's fault it will be this year when RGIII doesn't play like a NFL MVP

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder who's fault it will be this year when RGIII doesn't play like a NFL MVP

Mike Glennon's duhhhhh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's Shanahan's fault for not reeling him in year one.  Honestly, if you look close enough, you can see the stool running down the inside leg of RGIII's uniform when he started play last season.  That level of fear is tough to overcome. 

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

All the talk about RGIII being “finished”…  That’s foolishness.  ::)  Skins will win the east this year.  Book it.SF is going to do just fine this year.  Cap's gonna tear the field up and their FA acquisition will be just what they needed to complete their SB push as he rips the top of opposing D's second level.  Re-signing Crabtree will be tantamount.Two things come to mind though.  Everybody focuses on what teams did LAST year.  I get that, in that you have to have a baseline upon which to begin, but...  The players (like Djax) lost to FA, and, each team's QB tossing the pill... DO play a role in the outcome of THIS seasons results.  Right?  RIGHT???As I adjust my pewter colored glasses, I will say this - the Bucs will be among the top 5 WR corp this season.  Book that too!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All the talk about RGIII being "finished"...  That's foolishness.  ::) 

Agreed!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed!!!

Honestly, other than JFF's failure in the NFL, it's the thing I'm most certain about.  You may or may have not experienced true fear in the sports arena.  RGIII has and he will more than likely, psychologically speaking, never recover from it.  I like the guy, I just see a level of fear in his game that will be tough to overcome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed!!!

Honestly, other than JFF's failure in the NFL, it's the thing I'm most certain about.  You may or may have not experienced true fear in the sports arena.  RGIII has and he will more than likely, psychologically speaking, never recover from it.  I like the guy, I just see a level of fear in his game that will be tough to overcome.

So not only are you're an insider at 1 Buc Place, but a sports psychologist as well?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed!!!

So not only are you're an insider at 1 Buc Place, but a sports psychologist as well?

Ha!  Neither of those.  Although I have done well reading the psychology of a team in order to capitalize on Vegas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed!!!

Lol.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

Agreed!!!

Ha!  Neither of those.  Although I have done well reading the psychology of a team in order to capitalize on Vegas.

LMFAO!  If you're "reading the psychology of a team in order to capitalize on Vegas"...  YOU have probably only visited Sin City in your dreams!  Truly laughable.Fear is an emotion.  Knee issues are physical.  Learn the difference.Obviously, YOU have that fear in you.  Just wow.10 pound bass?  Let me guess...  Caught it with one of these:[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_26BuxMkA6fc/S857T6LVcBI/AAAAAAAABLs/kISjEVkJpyY/s320/PocketFisherman1.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed!!!

Deumig,is that you??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed!!!

LMFAO!  If you're "reading the psychology of a team in order to capitalize on Vegas"...  YOU have probably only visited Sin City in your dreams!  Truly laughable.Fear is an emotion.  Knee issues are physical.  Learn the difference.Obviously, YOU have that fear in you.  Just wow.10 pound bass?  Let me guess...  Caught it with one of these:[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_26BuxMkA6fc/S857T6LVcBI/AAAAAAAABLs/kISjEVkJpyY/s320/PocketFisherman1.JPG[/img]

You're just plain angry! Nothing I can do for you there.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

Angry?  I never, while rarely, laugh when I’m angry.  You just make very little sense bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since we are talking about now and not the past  I’ll have to go with- 1. Tampa Bay2. Chicago3. Jacksonville4. Atlanta5. Washington

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Angry?  I never, while rarely, laugh when I'm angry.  You just make very little sense bro.

My wallet says otherwise. Just like 80% of the population, you're too emotional to have any real sense when it comes to this game.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Don't forget one man army. When you hear the bashers talking about "the army of glennonites who would rather see a player succeed than the team," they're actually talking about this one guy. Guess they think he's an army or something. Personally, I found him much less impressive than that, but he does seem to be having more of a psychological effect on them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want the Bucs to win and that is all that I am concerned with.  Just because I am more open to the idea, could actually see a scenario where Glennon wins the job in the pre-season, doesn’t mean I am more concerned with that than Buc wins.  Once again, too emotional to do any proper evaluation of the talent we have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lb…Im usually on board with you, but I dont agree with your stance on RG3.  Could you be right?  Yes, but I wouldnt bet against RG3 ever having a good season again.  The other Gruden will have him looking good this year.  He should not have been playing most of last year, but he got too wrapped up in pulling an AP like recovery. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope he does well, it’s good for the league.  I just saw a QB last year that didn’t appear to be as sure of himself. If he has overcome the obstacles to play without fear he could do well, he certainly has the offensive pieces in place. My guess is he doesn’t finish the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope he does well, it's good for the league.  I just saw a QB last year that didn't appear to be as sure of himself. If he has overcome the obstacles to play without fear he could do well, he certainly has the offensive pieces in place. My guess is he doesn't finish the season.

I saw the same thing, but to me that was in large part to being unsure on how his knee was going to respond.  It takes awhile to come back from that injury, AP skewed a lot of people's expectations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope he does well, it's good for the league.  I just saw a QB last year that didn't appear to be as sure of himself. If he has overcome the obstacles to play without fear he could do well, he certainly has the offensive pieces in place. My guess is he doesn't finish the season.

I saw the same thing, but to me that was in large part to being unsure on how his knee was going to respond.  It takes awhile to come back from that injury, AP skewed a lot of people's expectations.

AP is a super human!

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Once again, too emotional to do any proper evaluation of the talent we have.”If you're talking about me, you're completely clueless. I support Glennon and I'm glad we've got him. Can't wait to see how well he'll develop. But you're the emotional one here, and the worst thing that has happened to Glennon on this board. You have singlehandedly turned many posters against Glennon, due to your inability to get a grip. You take the bait every single time. At this point, even Mike himself probably just wants you to shut your piehole.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Once again, too emotional to do any proper evaluation of the talent we have."If you're talking about me, you're completely clueless. I support Glennon and I'm glad we've got him. Can't wait to see how well he'll develop. But you're the emotional one here, and the worst thing that has happened to Glennon on this board. You have singlehandedly turned many posters against Glennon, due to your inability to get a grip. You take the bait every single time. At this point, even Mike himself probably just wants you to shut your piehole.

Like I said - too emotional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Once again, too emotional to do any proper evaluation of the talent we have."If you're talking about me, you're completely clueless. I support Glennon and I'm glad we've got him. Can't wait to see how well he'll develop. But you're the emotional one here, and the worst thing that has happened to Glennon on this board. You have singlehandedly turned many posters against Glennon, due to your inability to get a grip. You take the bait every single time. At this point, even Mike himself probably just wants you to shut your piehole.

He actually makes a legitimate point here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you hate on a player based on how anyone props them up/tears them down on a msg board, then I will be the first one to question your fandom and ability to form your own opinion on anything.  The Red Board largely hated Glennon long before 10lb said anything about him.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I strongly disagree with “largely.” Yes, there were a few, but now the board largely hates ten pound dumb ass, and a lot of them would see Glennon fail just to spite him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I strongly disagree with "largely." Yes, there were a few, but now the board largely hates ten pound dumb ass, and a lot of them would see Glennon fail just to spite him.

Thats a piss poor reason to want to see a guy fail...especially one on OUR team. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you hate on a player based on how anyone props them up/tears them down on a msg board, then I will be the first one to question your fandom and ability to form your own opinion on anything.  The Red Board largely hated Glennon long before 10lb said anything about him.

Well, I question the fandom of a few posters who more or less say, "If you don't like Glennon, you're the dbag aspect of our fan base".

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Thats a piss poor reason to want to see a guy fail…especially one on OUR team.”It is, and yet there are many fans just like that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I question the fandom of a few posters who more or less say, "If you don't like Glennon, you're the dbag aspect of our fan base".

No, by all means, we should spit nothing but hate on a kid who took over a nightmare of a situation a full season before he needed to be doing anything more than holding a clip board.  So yea, if you are "that guy" then you a dbag of our fan base.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, by all means, we should spit nothing but hate on a kid who took over a nightmare of a situation a full season before he needed to be doing anything more than holding a clip board.  So yea, if you are "that guy" then you a dbag of our fan base.

Maybe I worded that the wrong way. If you are a pro-McCown, then....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything other than being pro-wins is wrong.  I dont care if the best option at QB is a purple alien homosexual...then thats my guy.  I really dont care who wins the starting job between McCown and Glennon, in fact I would prefer it be McCown, but that doesnt mean I have written off Glennon like the majority of this board.  I think he needs to sit the bench and learn, just like I did last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything other than being pro-wins is wrong.  I dont care if the best option at QB is a purple alien homosexual...then thats my guy.  I really dont care who wins the starting job between McCown and Glennon, in fact I would prefer it be McCown, but that doesnt mean I have written off Glennon like the majority of this board.  I think he needs to sit the bench and learn, just like I did last year.

Is he mobile? Lol. I agree on Glennon. I think he needs a year in the weight room, studying film, fine tuning, etc. I think McCown is the best option ( ::) despite the contrary "insider reports"  ::)), but if Glennon beats him out; then so be it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is he mobile? Lol. I agree on Glennon. I think he needs a year in the weight room, studying film, fine tuning, etc. I think McCown is the best option ( ::) despite the contrary "insider reports"  ::)), but if Glennon beats him out; then so be it.

Yep, there was a reason he was a 3rd round guy.  Had he been ready to step in he would not have lasted that long.  Considering what he walked into, who was coaching him, who was calling plays, who was "blocking" for him, who was running the ball, and who he was throwing to...Im shocked his numbers were as good as they were.  That is what drove me crazy all leading up to the draft were all our so called fan experts saying he didnt pass the "eye test" and we needed to draft another guy.  I never said he would be "the guy" but I thought he did ample to deserve a prolonged opportunity in pewter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, there was a reason he was a 3rd round guy.  Had he been ready to step in he would not have lasted that long.  Considering what he walked into, who was coaching him, who was calling plays, who was "blocking" for him, who was running the ball, and who he was throwing to...Im shocked his numbers were as good as they were.  That is what drove me crazy all leading up to the draft were all our so called fan experts saying he didnt pass the "eye test" and we needed to draft another guy.  I never said he would be "the guy" but I thought he did ample to deserve a prolonged opportunity in pewter.

Again, I agree. However, the Glennonites (2 of them in particular), think that it should simply be "handed" to him. And as of right now, it appears that McCown is the leading (and better) candidate for the starting gig.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“I think he needs to sit the bench and learn, just like I did last year.”Hmmm...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, I agree. However, the Glennonites (2 of them in particular), think that it should simply be "handed" to him. And as of right now, it appears that McCown is the leading (and better) candidate for the starting gig.

I guess I hadnt seen anything or read that in what I have seen.  10lb and the former DJason are probably the two you are referring to (or at least the ones that come to mind) and I think even both of them would say to roll with the one who give us our best chance to win.  I think the points they bring up are fairly valid to consider though...I think the chance of us getting the McCown pre 2013 is more likely than getting the 2013 version, but thats why we play the game.  Ill remain optimistic as always.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I will.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I strongly disagree with "largely." Yes, there were a few, but now the board largely hates ten pound dumb ass, and a lot of them would see Glennon fail just to spite him.

Hating Glennon is a past time for a lot of posters on here.  Hell, it's a past time for a lot of the media in Tampa.  I'm sorry if anything I post makes you hate a member of the team.  I just try to point out that Glennon is more legitimate than he is made out to be on this board.  It's nice that you have been reduced to name calling Ozymangina - see I can do it too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will.

Hmmm...

Profound posts.  Way to work on that count though.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Yes, I am greatly concerned about my post count. You’ve found me out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, there was a reason he was a 3rd round guy.  Had he been ready to step in he would not have lasted that long.  Considering what he walked into, who was coaching him, who was calling plays, who was "blocking" for him, who was running the ball, and who he was throwing to...Im shocked his numbers were as good as they were. 

Um, Glennon did "step in". He played under a pro style coach for five years. He was as polished as any rookie usually is. The second start of his career he threw for 273 yards and 2/1. The next start he threw for 256 and 2/0. He played his best the first half of the season. The reason he was a 3rd round pick was because he had poor mobility and shaky pocket presence. From NFL.com: WEAKNESSES His average foot quickness will cause him issues trying to avoid defenders in a collapsing pocket. Tends to retreat instead of stepping up to deliver in the face of pressure -- though his arm gives him a chance to get the ball out of bounds or find an open target while still backpedalling. And while he has the arm and tight spiral to threaten defenses with the deep ball, his inconsistent accuracy and reading of coverages keep him from being efficient in the vertical game.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“I’m sorry if anything I post makes you hate a member of the team.”Once again (because you're clearly a little slow), I'm a Glennon fan. Do you get that? Even the Glennon fans want you to shut up, you're hurting his cause.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, there was a reason he was a 3rd round guy.  Had he been ready to step in he would not have lasted that long.  Considering what he walked into, who was coaching him, who was calling plays, who was "blocking" for him, who was running the ball, and who he was throwing to...Im shocked his numbers were as good as they were. 

Um, Glennon did "step in". He played under a pro style coach for five years. He was as polished as any rookie usually is. The second start of his career he threw for 273 yards and 2/1. The next start he threw for 256 and 2/0. He played his best the first half of the season. The reason he was a 3rd round pick was because he had poor mobility and shaky pocket presence. From NFL.com: WEAKNESSES His average foot quickness will cause him issues trying to avoid defenders in a collapsing pocket. Tends to retreat instead of stepping up to deliver in the face of pressure -- though his arm gives him a chance to get the ball out of bounds or find an open target while still backpedalling. And while he has the arm and tight spiral to threaten defenses with the deep ball, his inconsistent accuracy and reading of coverages keep him from being efficient in the vertical game.

He didnt step in ready to start NFL games, contrary to popular belief on this board not every draft pick is ready to make that jump on day 1.  He was as polished as any rookie?  Are you serious?  So we are cherry picking starts and stats now?  Yes, I am aware of the weaknesses he brought with him...when you are the back up, you get a chance to work on those things.  When you are preparing as a starter for the next game, it takes time of working on your flaws.  Lets also not forget who was calling the shots last  year...I could care less if Schiano was a pro-style coach...he wasnt a pro-ready coach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he wasn’t “ready”, logic would dictate he would get better as the season went on as he learned and got more “ready”. Instead, Glennon was at his best in the beginning. Then he declined. Some might argue that was because he was already very polished and didn’t have much room to get better. He was the same player from beginning to end and opposing coaches had him figured out by the end. And the pro style coach I was referring to was Tom O'Brien, the guy who trained Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson to be "ready" as rookies, not Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he wasn't "ready", logic would dictate he would get better as the season went on as he learned and got more "ready". Instead, Glennon was at his best in the beginning. Then he declined. Some might argue that was because he was already very polished and didn't have much room to get better. He was the same player from beginning to end and opposing coaches had him figured out by the end. And the pro style coach I was referring to was Tom O'Brien, the guy who trained Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson to be "ready" as rookies, not Schiano.

What's peculiar about O'Brien though is he bailed on Ryan for NC State leaving Ryan to prepare for his senior season with Jeff Jagodzinski (sp) and then Wilson was so enamored with O'Brien at NC State that he bailed and went to Wisconsin his senior season to prepare for the draft.  I think the O'Brien common denominator is more of a coincidence than anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you would rather give credit to Jeff Jagodzinski, the guy who wasn’t good enough for Raheem Morris and is now the offensive coordinator at Georgia State University? That’s the reason Matt Ryan os Matt Ryan and Mike Glennon is Mike Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you would rather give credit to Jeff Jagodzinski, the guy who wasn't good enough for Raheem Morris and is now the offensive coordinator at Georgia State University? That's the reason Matt Ryan os Matt Ryan and Mike Glennon is Mike Glennon?

Not at all, I just think Tom O'Brien maybe doesn't deserve any credit either. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then if Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson received no special training, are you saying they were just born to be better than Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then if Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson received no special training, are you saying they were just born to be better than Glennon?

No, I'm saying it's just a coincidence that he coached all three players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he wasn't "ready", logic would dictate he would get better as the season went on as he learned and got more "ready". Instead, Glennon was at his best in the beginning. Then he declined. Some might argue that was because he was already very polished and didn't have much room to get better. He was the same player from beginning to end and opposing coaches had him figured out by the end. And the pro style coach I was referring to was Tom O'Brien, the guy who trained Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson to be "ready" as rookies, not Schiano.

Logic would also dictate that we would change the way we prepared, called plays, etc...yet it didnt.  I think your example of Glennon going downhill as the season progressed had a lot more to do with our coaches opposed to our QB.  Tom O'Brien shouldnt be anyone's example for anything positive.  I know who you were referring to, and using Schiano as my example, I was alluding to the fact that a crappy coach is a crappy coach regardless of style.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Logic would also dictate that we would change the way we prepared, called plays, etc...yet it didnt.  I think your example of Glennon going downhill as the season progressed had a lot more to do with our coaches opposed to our QB.  Tom O'Brien shouldnt be anyone's example for anything positive.  I know who you were referring to, and using Schiano as my example, I was alluding to the fact that a crappy coach is a crappy coach regardless of style.

That has nothing to do with whether Glennon was "ready" or not. We can all come up with reasons why his play declined, but that doesn't change the fact that he was best the first half of the season. He never got more "ready", only less.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That has nothing to do with whether Glennon was "ready" or not. We can all come up with reasons why his play declined, but that doesn't change the fact that he was best the first half of the season. He never got more "ready", only less.

Im sure NFL coaches having figured out a mediocre college coach's scheme had absolutely nothing to do with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, the point is Glennon did not begin his career playing poorly, which would be evidence of not being “ready”. He wasn’t good in his very first start against one of the best defenses in the NFL, but after that he had a passer rating of at least 80 in his next 4 games and 6 of his next 7. He was as ready as it gets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, the point is Glennon did not begin his career playing poorly, which would be evidence of not being "ready". He wasn't good in his very first start against one of the best defenses in the NFL, but after that he had a passer rating of at least 80 in his next 4 games and 6 of his next 7. He was as ready as it gets.

We will have to agree to disagree then. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im sure NFL coaches having figured out a mediocre college coach's scheme had absolutely nothing to do with that.

I really hate that excuse, sorry reason, like it's all on the coaching that the players didn't produce.Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we hearing about all these broken franchise records for offense after the 2012 season, same main coaches but different results.And this is where we start to move down the list of excuses, dammit, I keep saying that, reasons.Which are you going with next, is it the "He had no weapons compared to the guys on all the 31 other teams that were better like the Jags" one you're gonna use?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really hate that excuse, sorry reason, like it's all on the coaching that the players didn't produce.Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we hearing about all these broken franchise records for offense after the 2012 season, same main coaches but different results.And this is where we start to move down the list of excuses, dammit, I keep saying that, reasons.Which are you going with next, is it the "He had no weapons compared to the guys on all the 31 other teams that were better like the Jags" one you're gonna use?

With a completely new scheme an OC that has never coached in the NFL and tons of new players it's time to look forward.  Freeman proved to be fools gold and looking back on someone that is out of the league at such a young age is tantamount to chasing a turd down the toilet.  It's time to move on.  Glennon will compete with McCown for the starting job, may the best man win.

Please wait…

Viewing 112 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.