Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

1. Desmond King – CB Iowa – Jim Thorpe award winner and my favorite DB in this draft. 2. Carl Nassib - DE Penn State - My favorite D-Lineman in this draft. 15.5 sacks this year. Check out the Ohio State tape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRZtpsz3IQ43. Rashard Higgins - WR Colorado State - I forget who mentioned Hollywood Higgins on this board, but thanks! He looks like a perfect compliment to what we already have. Good speed and route running, but also surprising size too. 4. Karl Joseph - S West Virginia - Very good career, and was having a great season until a knee injury derailed it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=906dW09TJb45. Devonte Fields - DE/OLB Louisville - The other guys I've put some thought into, but at this point I'm just scanning WalterFootball. This guys came on with 8 sacks and most his production late in the season, but he'd be an early entry and those guys can fall sometimes. 6.  Byron Marshall, RB/WR/Returner, Oregon - Another guy coming off a knee injury that early projections have dropping. I hadn't looked at it him before. I love his start/stop, could be the kick returner we're looking for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZexGDlIfZO07.  Devon Johnson, RB/FB, Marshall - Just scanning for RB's; always love to pick them up late. "Rockhead" Johnson sounds interesting. They're listing him at 240, and he looks to have some speed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjwqVm0_Fg

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Nice take on it. I like what I’ve seen from him so far. If we could field him and Banks with their height and zone skills a C3 scheme would work well, too bad that probably won’t happen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice draft. Id personally take VHGIII if he was avail when we pick though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we have to go WR in first round. Look at how this offense sputters without vjax.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m good with it…although I might try to grab a guard in there somewhere. I know pamphile and Evan Smith aren’t horrible depth, but finding a replacement for Mankins is up there in my list.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we have to go WR in first round. Look at how this offense sputters without vjax.

While I agree we need a WR....we are missing our 2,3 and 4. Murphy and Bell will be back next year. While Murphy isn't a pro bowler, he can catch 3rd downs. And I'm guessing  from college tape, Bell can handle Jacksons role.  Higgins is the perfect pick and would be the #2.

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I agree we need a WR....we are missing our 2,3 and 4. Murphy and Bell will be back next year. While Murphy isn't a pro bowler, he can catch 3rd downs. And I'm guessing  from college tape, Bell can handle Jacksons role.  Higgins is the perfect pick and would be the #2.

I'd expect them to either bring back Jackson or bring in a veteran in Free Agency. A lot of people like Marvin Jones, but I like Sanu or even Anquan Bolden more. The middle of the draft, rounds 3, 4 and 5, is when you bring in speedy receivers. Bruce Arians has built a career around doing that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

But then look at how the defense sputtered all year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft best available player in every round the teams that draft for need typically draft bust year after year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft best available player in every round the teams that draft for need typically draft bust year after year.

Every team drafts for need. The Bucs aren't gong to take a QB or LT in round 1. We just took those guys.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every team drafts for need. The Bucs aren't gong to take a QB or LT in round 1. We just took those guys.

Would a QB or Tackle be the best player available in the middle of any of the rounds? If so draft them. Drafting for need didn't help Dominik when he reached on players just to fill a need.

• bucism1

Participant

Picks 1 and 4 are spot on. King and Joseph would upgrade our secondary. King reminds me of a faster Talib. Fuller from VT is a good DB also. Nassib has put up good numbers but I think he goes 3rd or later. Licht wouldn’t touch him in Rd 2. If we go pass rusher it will be one that has a great burst so maybe Calhoun (msu)? I like Higgins too but the receiver I really like is Corey Davis from Western Michigan. He has size, speed, and hands. Check him out because I think he with jameis and mike will torture secondaries

• Anonymous

Inactive

already with more RBs than we can carry on the roster, so we draft 2 more. Do not understand. Why draft someone that’s not even going to make the roster.Meanwhile, we are only drafting 1 corner and 1 DE? I'd prefer we double dip at these obvious positions of need.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Picks 1 and 4 are spot on. King and Joseph would upgrade our secondary. King reminds me of a faster Talib. Fuller from VT is a good DB also. Nassib has put up good numbers but I think he goes 3rd or later. Licht wouldn't touch him in Rd 2. If we go pass rusher it will be one that has a great burst so maybe Calhoun (msu)? I like Higgins too but the receiver I really like is Corey Davis from Western Michigan. He has size, speed, and hands. Check him out because I think he with jameis and mike will torture secondaries

Calhoun will get looks at OLB in a 3-4 too, so I think he'll go before Nassib, but I think both are 1st round picks because of their production ahead of some of the other guys being talked about now by draft knicks. For a 6-7 270 lb man, Nassib's burst looks pretty good to me. At a quick glance Davis looks intriguing too, a bit bigger and more physical. I'll have to take a better look, but I'd rather have whoever is the better route runner.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also like tredavious white from LSU if that is how you spell his name.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can “Hollywood” consistently catch the football?  Bucs have Kenny Bell coming off IR next season…may be a repetitive pick…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can "Hollywood" consistently catch the football?  Bucs have Kenny Bell coming off IR next season...may be a repetitive pick...

His soft hands are one of his calling cards.....

• Anonymous

Inactive

So two minutes into this Nassib tape and he has missed a sack, missed a tackle to prevent a first down, and come to a standstill on nearly every play. No pressure either yet.When does it improve?

• Anonymous

Inactive

While we didn't see much of him, I'd seriously hold off on suggesting Bell could take Jackson's role.  Let him show he should make the team next year first.  So far I've seen an under developed Tiquan Underwood with questionable hands.In order I'd like a de, safety, corner but it always depends on value where we pick. In my mind safety is worse off than d end but getting a edge rusher that can beat a one on one consistently is necessary before we can consider being a good football team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with QB but it's very possible we do take a LT. Smith can easily be moved inside or RT and he hasn't been lights out by any means.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with QB but it's very possible we do take a LT. Smith can easily be moved inside or RT and he hasn't been lights out by any means.

Smith gets criticised a lot compared to our other o linemen but I'm not sure any have done a better job pass blocking than him.  I like Marpet, he's an excellent run block but he has a good amount of work to do in pass pro.  Smith isn't going to be replaced because he hasn't been bad.  I don't know where that comes from.He's not a finished product but he's been solid as a rookie lt.  Can't expect a pancake block every down.  Anyone here think of a game where he was obviously overmatched?  JPP did alright against him but didn't get a sack.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith gets criticised a lot compared to our other o linemen but I'm not sure any have done a better job pass blocking than him.  I like Marpet, he's an excellent run block but he has a good amount of work to do in pass pro.  Smith isn't going to be replaced because he hasn't been bad.  I don't know where that comes from.He's not a finished product but he's been solid as a rookie lt.  Can't expect a pancake block every down.  Anyone here think of a game where he was obviously overmatched?  JPP did alright against him but didn't get a sack.

I never said he's been bad but his cieling is what it is. I doubt they draft LT but if they feel like there isn't any good DE or CBs left on the board and there is an elite LT and he is BPA there is definitely a chance he gets drafted and Smith is moved.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.