Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

The Buccaneers organization – and Tampa Bay fans – are hoping to see guard Carl Nicks back on the field soon, and on Tuesday Nicks told the media he expects to play in 2014 including participating in a modified training camp schedule.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9848

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weird.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I haven’t been able to do football work. No cutting, no blocking, no drive-blocking, no pulling – nothing like that. So I wouldn’t be able to tell you, but just walking around I have to be at least 60 percent.”  After this long how is the above quote even possible? Can fans at least get a little more details from the Bucs on this one, i mean c'mon.  What possibly happened to this guys toe that after this long he cant do anything except walk around?EDIT: I realize i took that out of context. He meant he couldnt predict his return because he hasnt done that stuff yet. My bad. but still am wondering why it takes so long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Over the next six weeks I will be here training, rehabbing when everyone else is vacationing,” Nicks said. “I will be just trying to get all these mental reps and basically to try and get ready for the field. So I will be here.”Well this sounds encouraging. Still, I'm not getting my hopes up for Carl. If we get any play out of him this season, that's just going to be a plus. However, that could be a very BIG plus and it seems we're due a bit a good luck with Carl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is saying all the right things, hopefully his actions will speak louder than words soon enough. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know why we re so he’ll bent on waiting on Carl Nicks. The guy has barely played. Unless he is the Peyton Manning of his position,  I don’t see why we are vesting so much into this. We have guards that are capable to fill in  and we can cut Nicks and create more cap space.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know why we re so he'll bent on waiting on Carl Nicks. The guy has barely played. Unless he is the Peyton Manning of his position,  I don't see why we are vesting so much into this. We have guards that are capable to fill in  and we can cut Nicks and create more cap space.

He's the Peyton Manning of his position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know why we re so he'll bent on waiting on Carl Nicks. The guy has barely played. Unless he is the Peyton Manning of his position,  I don't see why we are vesting so much into this. We have guards that are capable to fill in  and we can cut Nicks and create more cap space.

Because his contract for this year is guarenteed. Cutting him provides no cap relief. Might as well try and kick the tires, if he doesn't work out you cut next offseason

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My Crystal ball says Nicks on PUP…….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he can go from “no football moves” to doing football moves in 6 weeks (start of TC), I will be seriously impressed. Without TC to get into football shape, I can’t help being dubious about him starting game 1 of the regular season. Hope I’m wrong. Still could play later in the season tho’…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t believe a word he says . He said all this same crap last year .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s hard to believe anything he says. He isn’t in football shape and he says he’s 60%….. 60%?!? After how long?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe a word he says . He said all this same crap last year .

So he is lying and faking an injury? And never had MRSA and two surgeries? Unbelievable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark- I think the big question is whether or not Carl’s toe has ever been healthy. I happened to sit next to Zach Strief (Saints OT) on Chicago’s CTA last year and asked him some questions about his former teammate. According to Zach, Carl’s toe, while on the Saints, was jacked up. He said the toe was the size of an grapefruit after one game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will be ready to play game one 2014.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Over the next six weeks I will be here training, rehabbing when everyone else is vacationing,” Nicks said. “I will be just trying to get all these mental reps and basically to try and get ready for the field. So I will be here.”Well this sounds encouraging. Still, I'm not getting my hopes up for Carl. If we get any play out of him this season, that's just going to be a plus. However, that could be a very BIG plus and it seems we're due a bit a good luck with Carl.

I hope your right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark- I think the big question is whether or not Carl's toe has ever been healthy. I happened to sit next to Zach Strief (Saints OT) on Chicago's CTA last year and asked him some questions about his former teammate. According to Zach, Carl's toe, while on the Saints, was jacked up. He said the toe was the size of an grapefruit after one game.

That is a reasonable point of debate, I am just puzzled at personal venom hurled his way. He certainly didn't hurt himself on purpose. And he has been through a ton of stuff that nobody wants to go through, particularly the MRSA and subsequent surgery for it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he is lying and faking an injury? And never had MRSA and two surgeries? Unbelievable.

No of course not....but last year he was also saying he was going to be ready  ...he was never close to being ready . Reported to camp with a huge bandage on his foot instead and was hobbled all the way up to the MRSA ordeal. He is lying about thinking he will be ready . He knows he will never be ready again. Rather than take an injury settlement and retire he is milking us for all he can.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No of course not....but last year he was also saying he was going to be ready for camp ...he was never close to being ready . Reported to camp with a huge bandage on his foot instead.He is lying about thinking he will be ready . He knows he will never be ready again. Rather than take an injury settlement and retire he is milking us for all this contract is worth.

Maybe, but maybe not. Standing there in front of him I tend to believe him. Not just because he is 360 plus. Well maybe a little part of it..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No of course not....but last year he was also saying he was going to be ready for camp ...he was never close to being ready . Reported to camp with a huge bandage on his foot instead.He is lying about thinking he will be ready . He knows he will never be ready again. Rather than take an injury settlement and retire he is milking us for all this contract is worth.

Maybe, but maybe not. Standing there in front of him I tend to believe him. Not just because he is 360 plus. Well maybe a little part of it..

LOL....well I'll gladly be wrong  . I'll just believe it when I see it . As of now I think he's full of it and you can stick a fork in him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard to imagine that Nicks will be able to play close to the level he did as a Saint with that big toe injury nagging him. No benefit for the Bucs to cut him this year, unless he just doesn’t deserve roster spot, which hopefully it has not gotten that bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Nicks is full of sh1t.He's a saint lover and supporter after getting millions upon millions paid to him by the bucs.We (dom, the staff, owners, and fans) all expected to see him excel and become a buc. He's not concerned about making the team better, he's worried about his paycheck and health.If he gave a damn about this team, he would just SAY he can't go and retire. The bucs are the last team he will be on either way, so milking them is the only answer.Lovie will boot him next year after another unproductive season. They don't have to hurry about it, but it is a wasted roster spot and a potential "poison" in the locker room.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha, DJ. Crazy red board posters....I'm reading between the lines here but Nicks doesn't sound overly confident to me and if he really can't do anything but walk right now, how is he going to be able to play guard weekly in games and practice? No to mention he's going to get that bad toe stomped on by another 300 pound man on the regular, how's that going to work out.I loved Nicks, great signing or at least I thought. But I think it's best that I don't count on him ever playing again. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised when he does than pissed off when he doesn't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha, DJ. Crazy red board posters....I'm reading between the lines here but Nicks doesn't sound overly confident to me and if he really can't do anything but walk right now, how is he going to be able to play guard weekly in games and practice? No to mention he's going to get that bad toe stomped on by another 300 pound man on the regular, how's that going to work out.I loved Nicks, great signing or at least I thought. But I think it's best that I don't count on him ever playing again. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised when he does than pissed off when he doesn't.

You just agreed with me. Crazy red board poster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I honestly think he can be one of the best offensive line coaches I have ever had. No disrespect to the ones I’ve had before. He does a great job explaining and is down to earth and is relatable.”Another reason I think Warhop is our ace in the hole.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why sweat and run your azz off in this Florida heat when you can get paid to sit on the bench and drink mojito’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why sweat and run your azz off in this Florida heat when you can get paid to sit on the bench and drink mojito's.

..it worked for penn.

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.