Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

Adam Schefter
      @AdamSchefter
      Filed to ESPN: Dolphins trading No. 3 overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick (SF’s comp pick for Robert Saleh hiring) and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per sources.

Blockbuster deal with massive ramifications for years to come

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Dolphins have some draft ammo over the next few years. They’ve got a good chance to build something special.

Unfortunately, it looks like they’re rolling with Tua.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Keep in mind Tua was coming off a nasty hip injury late in his final college season and those take a while to heal. Add that to the fact that there was no proper offseason workouts, minicamp or pre-season, and you can pretty much count 2020 as his pre-season.

He’s fully healthy now and put on some muscle and built up his arm strength. Let’s see how he does. If he fails, the Dolphins have the capital to move up next year or the year after. Too bad the QB crop in both years is “meh” at best.

• cb

Participant

huge mistake.
        if you are miami and have tua who breaks every year he plays and may never be the top 5-8 qb that takes miami to a super bowl, you are wiser to take a 2nd bite out of the apple and hope that one of them is a good enough qb to compete for a sb.

they gave away one of their firsts to move back up to 6.
        sf will be drafting near the end of the round.
        they come a way with a third next year which is like a high 4th and in 2 years they have a low 1st which is like a second round pick. all in exchange for not taking a franchise qb at #3 in the draft , a pick they will likely not see again.

• Mic

Participant

Fields to Niners?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Don’t know how legit, but there’s buzz that Miami is now trading back up to #6 with the Eagles.

• Buccaholic

Participant

Trey Lance or Zach Wilson to the Niner’s.

Dolphins have now traded back up
      to 6 with the Eagles for a swap of picks and Dolphins ’22 1st round pick.

• seekpar

Participant

It’s almost like they’re playing Monopoly, lots of wheeling and dealing…

• cb

Participant

trying to prove they are smarter than the room like bb does instead of doing the smartest thing

• buc_boi

Participant

I love all this action

• Greattimes

Participant

After all the trades, the Dolphins ended up with an extra #1 and #3 to drop from draft order #3 to #6. Not bad wheeling and dealing. The Dolphins have been doing this for the last couple years. They are building for the future. That just have to hope that Tau works out. Remember Josh Allen played poorly his first 2 years before becoming a top QB this last year.

• garfield

Participant

Dolphins either want Chase or Pitts at 6 I’d imagine.

• buc-in-out

Participant

^Pitts and Gesicki at TE, lethal.

Can Pitts block at all? Didn’t watch any Florida games this year.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

He can do it all. Unfortunately for the Bucs, so could OJ Howard.

• kenntak

Participant

People are giving up on Tua too soon. He was a rookie last year.

Was it worth a 3rd and 1st (2023) to fall back from 3 to 6? Probably.

• RocBucsFan

Participant

I wouldn’t think so. I liked the deal for the drop to 12. But essentially going from 3 to 6 and getting a 2023 1st and a 2021 3rd is decent but not great.

• theknees

Participant

@RocBucsFan – I am not sure what the downside is for the Dolphins. If they don’t want a QB (I agree Tua sucks), but let’s say they want to see what they have with him for one more year, then, this was great for the Dolphins.They are in a very strategic position to say the least.

• cb

Participant

if tua isnt a sb qb, when are they going to have another 3rd pick in the draft.? never? thats why its a bad move unless tua goes to a sb. can double your chance of getting a franchise qb

• Runole

Participant

Don’t know how legit, but there’s buzz that Miami is now trading back up to #6 with the Eagles.

Kyle Pitts?

• Greattimes

Participant

Is Justin Fields a Dwayne Haskins part 2??

• Bucman

Participant

This is a terrible deal for 49ers. 3 first rounders for a QB that still don’t know who it could be.

Miami getting an extra 1st and 3rd to move down 3 spots is huge.

• cb

Participant

if they get a qb that is elite for 15 years it was cheap. if they pick a dud, expensive

• buc_boi

Participant

Miami getting an extra 1st and 3rd to move down 3 spots is huge.

So true, and to think people were upset the 49ers received only a 4th round pick from us to move back one spot.

• m_j

Participant

niners probably alteady know jets pick, in any other case such a trade would have been insane!

• Pennywise

Participant

My boy zac Wilson has firmly placed himself 2nd overall, called this long ago , the love is building

hris Simms
      @CSimmsQB
      · 4h
      The game is played on the field. But what we saw from Zack Wilson today, there is no comparison between his workout and Trevor Lawrence’s. It was out of this world awesome. The degree of difficulty of the workout was high and he made so many high level throws.

• JC5100

Participant

Tua will hold the Dolphins back like the Dilfer did the Bucs in the late 90s

• Biggs3535

Participant

Dolphins got a haul. John Lynch continues to make highly questionable decisions. He has to hit on this pick.

• m_j

Participant

like the one he pulled with chicago :-)

I am pretty sure he knows what he is donig!

• Bucman

Participant

If he hadnt taken Kittle that year he fleeced the Bears. That would’ve been an all time horrific draft. Solomon Thomas is HORRIBLE and so are the rest of the picks.

• cb

Participant

Keep in mind Tua was coming off a nasty hip injury late in his final college season and those take a while to heal. Add that to the fact that there was no proper offseason workouts, minicamp or pre-season, and you can pretty much count 2020 as his pre-season.

He’s fully healthy now and put on some muscle and built up his arm strength. Let’s see how he does. If he fails, the Dolphins have the capital to move up next year or the year after. Too bad the QB crop in both years is “meh” at best.

no they dont have the capital to move to taek a top qb. they will have late round firsts. not going to get you to teh top 5 where the best qbs go. andnext years crop is nowhere near as good.

• Biggs3535

Participant

like the one he pulled with chicago :-)

I am pretty sure he knows what he is donig!

You won’t hear me disagree that Lynch is better than Ryan Pace. That dude sucks. I’m pretty sure our very own Red Board GM could outperform that dingleberry.

RE Lynch – this was a big gamble that he has to hit own. If it doesn’t work out, he may be back in the booth sooner rather than later – especially when you factor in the large FA deals (Kwon) he’s doled out.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I think Lynch sees that without a good QB, the team isn’t going anywhere. SF is too good to falter into a top-5 pick. Jimmy G is made out of glass. Sure, it’s a gamble, but he did leapfrog from 12 to 3.

Tampa was 7-9. A change of QB and we’re in the Super Bowl. While I don’t think it’ll happen that way for the 49ers, they do have a chance of improving their status.

• Pennywise

Participant

Lynch isn’t making the calls , shanny is , Lynch is GM in title only.

• Biggs3535

Participant

I think Lynch sees that without a good QB, the team isn’t going anywhere.

Why do you suppose he gave the QB currently on the team $137M+, including $74M+ guaranteed? That makes me think he already thought he had a “good” QB.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I think Lynch sees that without a good QB, the team isn’t going anywhere.

Why do you suppose he gave the QB currently on the team $137M+, including $74M+ guaranteed? That makes me think he already thought he had a “good” QB.

Funny. We thought we had a good QB when we drafted Winston 1st overall too.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Funny. We thought we had a good QB when we drafted Winston 1st overall too.

Licht may have drafted him (although I still argue Lovie made the final call) but at least Licht didn’t give Winston a $137M+ contract.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.