Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• KCBuc

Participant

Reading between the lines, I can’t see the Bucs wanting to have to pressers two days in a row (one for the firing of Schiano and then one the very next day for a HC announcement). It seems to me that if a HC/GM announcement weren't imminent, the Glazers would have had a press conference today.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I too am wondering why they seem to be the only management group that fired a coach not to address the media today. Sooner they hire someone, the better.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t expect them to have a press conference at all about the firings.  They often operate through short press statements, as they did today.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give our coach a fair shot at interviewing his guys.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You would hope they learned from last time around what happens when you wait 3 weeks to make a choice and then that choice backs out and your left with slim pickings.You have to move quickly right now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazers only speak when they have to. The next presser with them will be to introduce the new GM and HC. That’s how they roll.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Problem is, most of the best candidates cannot be touched as they are still playing in the Playoffs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't expect them to have a press conference at all about the firings.  They often operate through short press statements, as they did today.

No. They had a presser when they fired Raheem. In that case, they knew they were weeks/months form a HC hire.In this case, I think the guy's (Lovie) already been lined up. More than likely just signing contracts and putting together a staff. I'm guessing they also didn't want to make an announcement on a new HC today out of respect to Schiano.They also don't have to wait to interview a minority candidate if they hire Lovie. An announcement will come tomorrow. Bet on it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the owners are much closer to being ready to make an announcement than many people may think. They’ve been at work on their plan for a while.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You would hope they learned from last time around what happens when you wait 3 weeks to make a choice and then that choice backs out and your left with slim pickings.You have to move quickly right now.

Agreed, but you have to get the GM first, unless you get a package with the GM and coach, like we're hearing about Smith and McKay/Angelo/Ballard (take your pick on the rumors).

• Anonymous

Inactive

Several I’d be happy with are available currently. Would like Zimmer as well though

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the owners are much closer to being ready to make an announcement than many people may think. They've been at work on their plan for a while.

Agreed. The only person outside of their personal offices who know what they have been up to is their private pilots.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the owners are much closer to being ready to make an announcement than many people may think. They've been at work on their plan for a while.

I hope you're right and that's why the rumors about GM and HC plans came out so quickly, which is unusual with the Glazers.  Get the best coaches and staff members before others can make solid offers to them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

there’s a plan?!!??! we love plans!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed completely.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I WANT MOAR INSIDE INFOOOOOO

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully they’ve been greasing Cowher’s palms.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. The only person outside of their personal offices who know what they have been up to is their private pilots.

Good point. Has anyone seen Air Farce 1 flying in and out of Tampa?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Several I'd be happy with are available currently. Would like Zimmer as well though

Yeah, I don't see too many guys on current playoff staffs that's better than the coaches already out there.Plus, like I said, if Lovie's the choice they wouldn't have to wait to interview a minority candidate.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully they've been greasing Cowher's palms.

Man, that would be UNBELIEVABLE! It would almost trump the Gruden surprise.I don't see it happening though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't expect them to have a press conference at all about the firings.  They often operate through short press statements, as they did today.

No. They had a presser when they fired Raheem. In that case, they knew they were weeks/months form a HC hire.In this case, I think the guy's (Lovie) already been lined up. More than likely just signing contracts and putting together a staff. I'm guessing they also didn't want to make an announcement on a new HC today out of respect to Schiano.They also don't have to wait to interview a minority candidate if they hire Lovie. An announcement will come tomorrow. Bet on it.

Hope you're right.  That'd make a nice late Christmas present.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t bet on that. At all.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope you're right and that's why the rumors about GM and HC plans came out so quickly, which is unusual with the Glazers.  Get the best coaches and staff members before others can make solid offers to them.

I would kind of expect they have prepared for this too.  I know a lot of people were in denial, but this has been coming for a while.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s the organizations way of saying, “You made us such a laughingstock, you don’t deserve a final interview.”

• Anonymous

Inactive

dam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter 3mAnother coach the Buccaneers are considering is former Texans HC Gary Kubiak, per league sources.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would make Lovie and Kubiak the obvious choices.

• Anonymous

Inactive

dam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter 3mAnother coach the Buccaneers are considering is former Texans HC Gary Kubiak, per league sources.

Let's hope this one is like last year's Mike Sherman interview.  He's the fall back if everyone else on the list says "No."

• Anonymous

Inactive

ZIMMER DAMN IT! –NO, SHAW!!  :o**CENSORED**, im having flashbacks to last time! The room has gone dark! All I see are Oregon helmets with the Glazer's evil laughter!I'M RELAPSING! HELP ME!!  :-

• Anonymous

Inactive

ZIMMER DAMN IT! --NO, SHAW!!  :o**CENSORED**, im having flashbacks to last time! The room has gone dark! All I see are Oregon helmets with the Glazer's evil laughter!I'M RELAPSING! HELP ME!!  :-

I Agree !!! I said this last time...you all wanted Marty :'( 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marty would have won a lot more games.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I STILL Want Marty!Hell, I wanted Ke...Kell-ke-kekeke-*twitch*....Some other guy last time.  :'(

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m approaching this like, “if the media reports it, it’s not true”. So Lovie, Kubiak, others I feel confident thinking they won’t be here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know man, there are just too many signs pointing at Lovie.  It just makes too much sense. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please no lovie!  Marty would be fine

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marty is a great coach, but he is a bit long in the tooth.  Not sure he could be counted on long term.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know man, there are just too many signs pointing at Lovie.  It just makes too much sense.

Yeah, you've gotta think he's the favorite right now, but I hope not.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol I like that a lot their pilots beautiful. Must be nice.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I STILL Want Marty!Hell, I wanted Ke...Kell-ke-kekeke-*twitch*....Some other guy last time.  :'(

Marty would make my balls tingle. Sadly, I don't see it happening.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Mike Zimmer or Ken Whisenhunt are on the short list as HC then the Bucs will need to wait. If Lovie Smith is the Bucs 1st choice then all that is needed is finding a GM.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta love how fans are saying no to Lovie, but yes to Schottenheimer, a guy who coached 16 years and never won a conference title, and has been out of the league since 2006.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two years ago I wanted marty here, but times have changed as well as our needs and the nfl rules.Imvho, we need an offensive style coach. We've gone this dc route twice with very little success.

• Anonymous

Inactive