Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• revfish

Participant

While I made a brief mention of this in reply to SR’s latest Fab 5, I just wanted to ask if anyone else noted the comment that Tampa will be abandoning the Dime Defense in Lovie’s defense.  With Cam’s propensity to run, I know that a dime would be inviting disaster.  However, against Atlanta and New Orleans, it would seem that some of their packages would dictate us to play a dime at times.  Am also not sure if this means we will be carrying one less defensive back on our roster, a back who is familiar with our seems that could come in handy should we get an injury.Was just curious what some of you felt about that comment...  did you read the article the same way I did, and how do you feel about us taking out the dime package. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My first reaction was that we’re going to find out about Mason Foster pretty quick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My first reaction was that we're going to find out about Mason Foster pretty quick.

Hadn't thought of that... :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was surprised as well. When teams go to a 4 receiver set, or have a particularly athletic TE in a 2×1, what will we go to? Big Nickel? Or maybe they’re wrong in saying we’ll abandon dime?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was surprised as well. When teams go to a 4 receiver set, or have a particularly athletic TE in a 2x1, what will we go to? Big Nickel? Or maybe they're wrong in saying we'll abandon dime?

Maybe this is where Lane Fletcher fits in. I think he's a player the Bucs really like and want to use more than on STs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The statement certainly caught my attention.  I’m maybe a little skeptical regarding total abandon?  I’m not a fan of the 3-2, but at times I did like Schiano’s 4-1, with David the lone lb.  Just needed more pressure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well yea it’s a big problem if all ran straight down the field and never stopped;  I don’t see Foster the way some of you are seeing him.  I think he plays decent coverage and with a little more press on the QB I believe he will be fine.  Lets focus on that QB pressure and a Guard if Nicks is just a dream.

Please wait…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.