Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

it works damn it.

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers also got in on both sacks. Maybe he’s going to turn a corner? Hopefully? I’m in 100% optimism mode right now. I’m proud of this team for fighting.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well those were one of few times where we knew they were gonna pass and the dline could just pin their ears back

• Anonymous

Inactive

8-8 fools!!!!! 15th pick, we take a safety or a guard. Hell yeah!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well those were one of few times where we knew they were gonna pass and the dline could just pin their ears back

It sure beats the three man pass rush or the long developing stunts on third and longs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers also got in on both sacks. Maybe he's going to turn a corner? Hopefully? I'm in 100% optimism mode right now. I'm proud of this team for fighting.

Bowers should automatically be start in front of DTN.No way Bowers is worse than him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It sure beats the three man pass rush or the long developing stunts on third and longs.

Well the first 2 minute drive for the dolphins we constantly rushed 4 and still didn't get any pressure our pass rush just kinda sucks right now without a quick twitch end, which is why I'm all on the Anthony Barr bandwagon if we cant get BridgewaterI just think the whole idea of us stunting and doing terrible cause of it is more of just Steve White's ranting on handpicking plays. We do sometimes occasionally get pressure from Clayborn on stunts but he is always a hair too slow, like you saw tongiht where he can only record qb hits, have someone like anthony barr running our stunts and we will all definitely change our minds.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers also got in on both sacks. Maybe he's going to turn a corner? Hopefully? I'm in 100% optimism mode right now. I'm proud of this team for fighting.

Right there with you on that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the issues with our stunts sucking balls is that they draw attention away from the fact that our straight up front four rush sucks even bigger balls.

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the issues with our stunts sucking balls is that they draw attention away from the fact that our straight up front four rush sucks even bigger balls.

LOL

• Anonymous

Inactive

We played man coverage bump and run on that last drive, and let our pass rushers actually pass rush. Sounds like common sense, but we do it so little that the Dolphins were actually blind sided with shock and awe.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We played man coverage bump and run on that last drive, and let our pass rushers actually pass rush. Sounds like common sense, but we do it so little that the Dolphins were actually blind sided with shock and awe.

That's what you call great 2nd half adjustments by Schi and Sher .  8)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amen! Stunts are great IF they are well-designed AND executed. They do require TEAMWORK to work, but we seem to have too many breakdowns in timing and execution. A good sign that we got some good pressure late in the 4th tho’; a REAL good sign…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to be a downer, but I don't think so. If you watch the replay of the sacks, Bowers has just one move and that's all. He has a power/bull rush type of move and that is it. it's why he can't get consistent pressure. He can collapse the pocket which helps in certain situations but just can't seem to beat a guy clean for a sack, which is what you need to do. The tackle on him just blew it.This is coming from one of the biggest Bowers optimists during the preseason.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The topic ‘No stunts straight up pass rush’ is closed to new replies.