Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• Stagger Lee

Participant

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-glenn-greenwald-the-new-master-of-right-wing-media

Is Glenn Greenwald the New Master of Right-Wing Media?

“The leftist scribe has become “a practitioner of manufactured controversy” for outlets like Fox News, say his stunned former colleagues.”

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Pay attention Coffeebear:

“This past month has occasioned spectacular success, of a sort, for the pugnacious contrarian pundit, an erstwhile leftist journalist-turned-Donald Trump defender who once again is proving his mastery of the right-wing media ecosystem.

Indeed, in a self-perpetuating feedback loop that runs from Twitter to Fox News and back again, Greenwald has managed, like Trump before him, to orchestrate his very own news cycles.

Last year, following his exit from The Intercept, Greenwald admitted to The Daily Beast that Fox News airs its share of “horrific, toxic, damaging, destructive, and bigoted” content. However, he defended his frequent Fox hits, saying, “I have no doubt that some people at the Intercept were upset that I was going on Fox, but I would no sooner allow anyone to dictate to me which shows I can go on than I would allow anyone to censor my opinions.”

And now he is effectively operating as something of a Fox News assignment editor, as indicated by The Daily Beast’s spot check of the frequency with which Greenwald’s online musings on social media and elsewhere, especially his Substack page, have served as the basis for dozens of articles on Fox News’ website.”

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Go outside.
      Get some sunshine.

Get a life, dum dum #1

“DrumPf’s nOt keePiNg yoU inSide & oN youR comPuter aLL daY long.
      He’s proBablY noT seeIng wHat you’Re wriTinG…”

• jbear

Participant

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-new-domestic-war-on-terror-has?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxODkxOTUyOCwicG9zdF9pZCI6MzcxMTQ0MTksIl8iOiI4bFMxaiIsImlhdCI6MTYyMjY1NTQyNywiZXhwIjoxNjIyNjU5MDI3LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMTI4NjYyIiwic3ViIjoicG9zdC1yZWFjdGlvbiJ9.g4_whm72ulfx_845UrxWlgfqbc_ZadvmXyWIZbjm83k

The Department of Homeland Security on Friday issued a new warning bulletin, alerting Americans that domestic extremists may well use violence on the 100th Anniversary of the Tulsa race massacre. This was at least the fourth such bulletin issued this year by Homeland Security (DHS) warning of the same danger and, thus far, none of the fears it is trying to instill into the American population has materialized.

Americans have seen this scam before. Throughout the first War on Terror, DHS, which was created in 2002, was frequently used to keep fear levels high and thus foster support for draconian government powers of spying, detention, and war. Even prior to the Department’s creation, its first Secretary, Tom Ridge, when he was still the White House’s Homeland Security Chief in early 2002, created an elaborate color-coded warning system to supply a constant alert to Americans about the evolving threat levels they faced from Islamic extremists.

In 2004, Ridge admitted that he had been repeatedly pressured by Bush officials to elevate the warnings and threat levels for political gain and to keep the population in fear. He claims that he, in particular, was coerced against his will to raise the threat level just prior to the 2004 presidential election and resigned for that reason shortly thereafter. DHS’s color scheme became “the brunt of endless jokes and derision,” concluded a 2007 scholarly study in the journal International Security, noting that it “became perceived as being politically motivated” largely due to the complete lack of specific information about what Americans were supposed to fear or avoid. Moreover, “its designers assumed that the population would trust in the national leadership and believe in the utility of the system’s information.” It failed because of how often the alleged threats failed to materialize, and because the warnings were rarely accompanied by any specificity that could permit action to be taken or avoided.

Yeah totally one sided. Like an extension of Faux news. lol

Look if Glen Greenwald is influencing Fox news then the world will be a better place for it.

• Biggs3535

Participant

If the Daily Beast and Mr. Cronkite don’t like Greenwald, he must be doing something right.

lolz @ the source police and the Daily Beast.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Look if Glen Greenwald is influencing Fox news then the world will be a better place for it.

hahaha

yeah with ONE TRUTH level insanity like this . . . FROM YOUR ARTICLE

“Fear is crucial for state authority. When the population is filled with it, they will acquiesce to virtually any power the government seeks to acquire in the name of keeping them safe.”

THE SEEL FOR CLICKS angle is, literally, this “DHS warning about risk of domestic terrorism is all a PLOY to keep you needing the government.”

THATS HIS POINT

YOU HAVE TO BE ONE TRUTH LEVEL INSANE TO BUY THAT BS

@JBear
      — people know that ^^^^ so rather than admit it they all suggest things like “there’s gotta be some truth in it” because admitting the belief in the entirety of what he is selling (PRECISELY THE FAUX OUTRAGE mentioned in the article I posted) is to question ones’ own sanity.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

source police and the Daily Beast.

Man, Large Marge you are literally DUMB AF

Its an OPINION PIECE you dolt, NOT REPORTING (ie from a surce). Its LITERALLY a counter to Greenwald’s opinion pieces.

read a freaking book or something

or dont

:-)

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Ooh … what’s the “source” for that “reporting” of … err… Um…A QUESTION

Is Glenn Greenwald the New Master of Right-Wing Media?

derrrr

Duh

(Open link before typing, Marge. Lol. The author is the “editor at large”. Offering an opinion (that’s really a question) on behalf of the DB. Just like …. wait for it …. Greenwald)

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Moving on from Marge’s usually offering of . . NOTHING

@JBear

the Intercept claimed that Greenwald CONCOCTED his exit “dispute” because they were engaged in a real dispute about exactly what I have said: that Gruenwald has decided to cash in his REPORTING ‘cred” for being a mini-Faux news click machine.

Its not that he is some arch conservative. The DB refers to him as a leftist, its that he is a SELL OUT (ie, former reporter turned click bait)

You “refute” that with th classic FAUX OUTRAGE article by Grerenwald?

That makes no sense, just like the article, which distills to:

1. the color coded terrorism warning system used by DHS were not specific
      2. Obama’s changes didn’t make it any more specific
      3. ERGO, its all really a . . . MIND CONTROL CABAL (fake, just designed to keep you needing Big Govt)

THTA . . that ^^^ 1-2-3 . . .is what you posted to say Grewnwald does NOT sell faux outrage?

• Biggs3535

Participant

Its an OPINION PIECE you dolt, NOT REPORTING (ie from a surce)

Not reporting from a source, you say Mr. Cronkite? Your OP says the opposite:

“The leftist scribe has become “a practitioner of manufactured controversy” for outlets like Fox News, say his stunned former colleagues.”

Dance, Mr. Cronkite. Dance.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

the Intercept claimed that Greenwald CONCOCTED his exit “dispute

“When Hunter Biden’s long-lost laptop became a public issue after Rudy Giuliani shared it with the New York Post, Greenwald proposed writing about it and Betsy Reed agreed on condition that the piece would contain actual reporting, not just opinion, and that Greenwald would submit it to an editing process before publication—terms he accepted. However, after he filed the piece to Maass, his nominal editor, Greenwald strenuously objected to Maass’ extensive notes (also posted on Substack) calling for changes, deletions and more facts.

At that point, according to three sources, Greenwald’s Intercept co-founder Jeremy Scahill read the draft of the Biden piece and made detailed recommendations of revisions designed to satisfy the concerns of both Maass and Greenwald. The sources said Greenwald largely agreed with Scahill’s suggestions to fix the piece, but instead of submitting a new version, he simply withdrew it, explaining that he had already made the decision to leave the Intercept for Substack—a move he announced the same day as his resignation, leaving former colleagues to believe he had been secretly negotiating a lucrative deal with Substack all along.”

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Its an OPINION PIECE you dolt, NOT REPORTING (ie from a surce)

Not reporting from a source, you say Mr. Cronkite? Your OP says the opposite:

literally TOO DUMB TO WASTE TIME WITH. You actually dont understand what youre taking about, lmao

Good luck with that one and enjoy the inevitable joinder from Fire because you’re absolutely 1000% making his point

he may disagree, but I say its because you’re (fragile) ego doesn’t allow you to admit when you’re wrong. You could easy prove me wrong, Marge?

Voting Rights Act addresses polling stations?

There is voter suppression?

LMAO

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Trump REPORTING on an Egyptian charity worker being arrested:

“AP: Can you tell me a little bit about how that came about?

TRUMP: No, just — you know, I asked the government to let her out. …

TRUMP: You know Obama worked on it for three years, got zippo, zero.

AP: How did you hear about this story?

TRUMP: Many people, human rights people, are talking about it. It’s an incredible thing, especially when you meet her. You realize — I mean, she was in a rough place.”

YOU KNOW ITS REPORTING (AND NOT HIS OPINION) BECAUSE HE REFERENCED . . . THIRD PERSONS

Sincerely, Large Marge

• Biggs3535

Participant

literally TOO DUMB TO WASTE TIME WITH

With a novel and string-postings to follow…

Are you sure I’m not figuratively too dumb to waste your oh-so-valuable time with, Mr. Cronkite?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

literally TOO DUMB TO WASTE TIME WITH

With a novel and string-postings to follow…

Are you sure I’m not figuratively too dumb to waste your oh-so-valuable time with, Mr. Cronkite?

I thought you were going to admit you were wrong?

No

Nothing?

😂😂😂

• Biggs3535

Participant

I thought you were going to admit you were wrong?

Well, I would. But since I’m not, I probably won’t.

– Did Mr. Cronkite, aka the source police, use a laughable source to make his point? Yes. Yes, Mr. Cronkite did.
      – Did that laughable source use other sources, what most non pieces of shit would call “reporting”, in his article? Yes. Yes, Mr. Cronkite’s laughable source did.
      – Did Mr. Cronkite immediately start to moon walk, write novels, & string-post after being called out? Yes. Yes, Mr. Cronkite did.
      – Am I literally too dumb for Mr. Cronkite to waste his oh-so-valuable time on? No. No, I apparently am not.

• jbear

Participant

You are such a tool. Please explain to me why the Threat level color chart was so widely ridiculed under W and how you can now behave as if that never happened? And somehow you call it ridiculous to criticize unsourced, unspecific threats to the Public that never materialize and somehow just happen to be attributed your political enemy the dreaded Qanon Trumper of which there are apparently tens of millions of very very scary people running around trying to kill all the good people. If anything this is worse than Bush using the threat chart to score political points because at least the enemy was external.

If there is any proof of this shit then people need to be charged or else it’s not fucking true. That’s why we have courts. Stop being such a hypocrite.

• jbear

Participant

—a move he announced the same day as his resignation, leaving former colleagues to believe he had been secretly negotiating a lucrative deal with Substack all along.”

And? You mean the lucrative deal where he can write whatever the hell he wants about anything forever?

Shame on that guy… sheesh who’d want that? Is this supposed to be some sort of “gotcha” moment. I fail to see what you’re trying to get at… or it’s really an irrelevant and unimpressive point.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

You are such a tool. Please explain to me why the Threat level color chart was so widely ridiculed under W and how you can now behave as if that never happened? And somehow you call it ridiculous to criticize unsourced, unspecific threats to the Public that never materialize and somehow just happen to be attributed your political enemy the dreaded Qanon Trumper of which there are apparently tens of millions of very very scary people running around trying to kill all the good people. If anything this is worse than Bush using the threat chart to score political points because at least the enemy was external.

If there is any proof of this shit then people need to be charged or else it’s not fucking true. That’s why we have courts. Stop being such a hypocrite.

JBear – simple question (for you to avoid)

Do you believe the Homeland Security alert system exists to keep people afraid and in need of government?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

—a move he announced the same day as his resignation, leaving former colleagues to believe he had been secretly negotiating a lucrative deal with Substack all along.”

And? You mean the lucrative deal where he can write whatever the hell he wants about anything forever?

Shame on that guy… sheesh who’d want that? Is this supposed to be some sort of “gotcha” moment. I fail to see what you’re trying to get at… or it’s really an irrelevant and unimpressive point.

I know you can read so the avoidance is intentional?

The claim was not that he took a more lucrative job, it’s that he CONCOCTED THE DISPUTE FOR ATTENTION

• Stagger Lee

Participant

where he can write whatever the hell he wants about anything forever?

Kinda outed yourself here lol

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lmfao… Biggs has never been wrong. He is perfection. A master debater. Altruistic, unbiased…

And he is DONE with this argument

• Stagger Lee

Participant

If there is any proof of this shit

JBear’s One Truth tendencies showing through?

• Biggs3535

Participant

Stop being such a hypocrite.

Un-possible. You would have better luck telling the nitwits in the White House to do something about inflation. Neither has the capacity to do either.

Biggs has never been wrong. He is perfection. A master debater. Altruistic, unbiased…

Never is a bit of a stretch, but you’re starting to get there.

And he is DONE with this argument

I’m done with a thread/argument when I say I’m done. You’re struggling with this concept, even after it being strenuously juxtaposed (as everything always has to be) for you. It’s not really a hard concept to grasp for those outside of Cluelessville.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

I’m done with a thread/argument when I …. start … because I often get some basic fact wrong … and then just move on to calling others dumb

Rare moment of introspection and honesty

Someone hack your account, Marge

• jbear

Participant

Rare moment of introspection and honesty

Someone hack your account, Marge

Last week you stole my line “you suck at this” and now you’ve got an insulting nickname for Biggs after I finally stopped calling you Alice. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so I thank you for that but I have to say it also lets me know how much I hurt you. Sorry Alice.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

I have to say it also lets me know how much I hurt you.

Still trying to recover.

Not a nickname for Buggsy. He is MTG.

• jbear

Participant

JBear – simple question (for you to avoid)

Do you believe the Homeland Security alert system exists to keep people afraid and in need of government?

I believe that it could easily be used for that purpose.

Look Karma, I believe that the $200/mo advance payments of the child tax credit that are supposed to start going out in July are a democrat ploy to make people dependent on the government under the guise of “Covid relief” so your point is unlikely to resonate with me.

• jbear

Participant

Still trying to recover.

Chin up big guy. The Orange guy is gone!

• Stagger Lee

Participant

I believe that it could easily be used for that purpose.

So you’re saying you are actually scared of a terror alert system
      because it could be used for mind control because the meaningless alert (your words) is … well… scary…. to you.

Remind me again how Greenwald is NOT playing to fear for clicks?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Or you’re saying it could be scary to others … you know, all those people you trust to take care of themselves?

Circling

Circling

Circling

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Jbear the deep state conspiracy theorist now.

Stock up on bitcoin, hand grenades, Vaseline, and kevlar!

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.