Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• 3rd and Hump

Participant

Looks awesome, but seems like almost a third of it will be obstructed by the ship (especially if you sit on the east side). Good thing there’s two of them!image_zpslopwdhma.jpeg

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea that looks pretty huge. Hopefully it is all actually videoboard. I have seen plenty of stadiums where they have a huge board, but each of the sides is covered in advertisements, with only the center of the screen being actual video purposes.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There could be some degree of obstructed view from the east side looking north. However, using the photo above is misleading as the angle of view shown from field level would  be substantially different than from the elevated seats. But when finished there’s going to be so much video real estate in RJS you wouldn’t be able to miss a thing if you tried.**Thanks for posting the photo.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Build a huge platform behind and above the scoreboard to set the ship.  Obstruction of scoreboard is then no longer, plus you could spot Ray Jay from 100 miles.

• bucmebaby

Participant

Yea that looks pretty huge. Hopefully it is all actually videoboard. I have seen plenty of stadiums where they have a huge board, but each of the sides is covered in advertisements, with only the center of the screen being actual video purposes.

It is all videoboard.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is all videoboard.

I think what he meant was video advertisements surrounding the center, which will contain video feedback from stadium cameras. I'm assuming the top boards will contain field and time information, while the outside (or bottom) will have possibly rotating advertisements.

• vlagatta

I think the screens at Tampa Airport are bigger……

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think SappsNutSack’s home tv is bigger than that tiny thing, right??Tell us about the time you walked into Best Buy.................. with the wife............... and with a pocket full of CA$H.....................and bought the whole WALL of tv's................. and merged them all.................to make the hugest home tv ever!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

It does look like the ship will obstruct the view from some.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's a "matching" scoreboard on the OTHER end..... and also mini-videoboards in all 4 upper endzone corners

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's a "matching" scoreboard on the OTHER end..... and also mini-videoboards in all 4 upper endzone corners

Wonder how much it will capture the crowd noise?  Hopefully, it will get even louder!

• Anonymous

Inactive

They can move it over 20ft or so. There is some room there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks awesome, but seems like almost a third of it will be obstructed by the ship (especially if you sit on the east side). Good thing there's two of them!image_zpslopwdhma.jpeg

a simple turn to the left with rectify that!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

• bucmebaby

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

• vlagatta

I think SappsNutSack's home tv is bigger than that tiny thing, right??Tell us about the time you walked into Best Buy.................. with the wife............... and with a pocket full of CA$H.....................and bought the whole WALL of tv's................. and merged them all.................to make the hugest home tv ever!!!

Pfffff...........that was so 8 years ago

• bucmebaby

Participant

I’m starting to wonder if everything is going to be done before the first preseason game. They still have to install one of the giant video boards and the 4 corner video boards. I’m assuming the new sound system isn’t installed yet either. Maybe the Bucs asks the NFL to start the regular season with 2 road games to give them until September 26th, in case it's not done by August 25th (preseason home opener).

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm starting to wonder if everything is going to be done before the first preseason game. They still have to install one of the giant video boards and the 4 corner video boards. I'm assuming the new sound system isn't installed yet either. Maybe the Bucs asks the NFL to start the regular season with 2 road games to give them until September 26th, in case it's not done by August 25th (preseason home opener).

http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Bucs-COO-Brian-Ford-on-Stadium-Renovations/c76e98eb-ba09-4a4c-8825-043698e29f5c

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm starting to wonder if everything is going to be done before the first preseason game. They still have to install one of the giant video boards and the 4 corner video boards. I'm assuming the new sound system isn't installed yet either.

From what I understand they have yet to install the ribbon boards that run the length of each sideline. Not too concerned about them hitting the deadline. Glazers tend to make sure they have their ducks are in a row.

• bucmebaby

Participant

I'm starting to wonder if everything is going to be done before the first preseason game. They still have to install one of the giant video boards and the 4 corner video boards. I'm assuming the new sound system isn't installed yet either.

From what I understand they have yet to install the ribbon boards that run the length of each sideline. Not too concerned about them hitting the deadline. Glazers tend to make sure they have their ducks are in a row.

The ribbons are up. You can see one of them in the video that's in the link I posted a few posts up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The ribbons are up. You can see one of them in the video that's in the link I posted a few posts up.

Niiiice. Good heads up!The place is going look sharp as hell. Especially when she's all pimped out for a night game.

• bucsnbr1

Participant

Yeah the view of the screen will be obstructed like the OP said.Could you imagine if the flags were lowered at the start and only risen when we scored a TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!! That would be freaking amazing!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

USF Football twitter has some different views on the boards.https://twitter.com/USFFootball/status/753587292057591808HL68zxB.jpgKptItny.jpgG1u86g2.jpgADS2klJ.jpg

• Anonymous

Inactive

• thunt1

Looks awesome, but seems like almost a third of it will be obstructed by the ship (especially if you sit on the east side). Good thing there's two of them!

Agreed.  When I go to Bucs games I try to never sit on that side anyway. 

• bucmebaby

Participant

USF Football twitter has some different views on the boards.https://twitter.com/USFFootball/status/753587292057591808HL68zxB.jpgKptItny.jpgG1u86g2.jpgADS2klJ.jpg

Awesome, thanks for posting those. The North scoreboard won't be obstructed at all from my seats.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy crap those things are Ginormous! Awesome!

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

how many more days?!

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a Bulls and Bucs season ticket holder, this makes me very happy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know it’s the off season when the only thread I really want to click on is this one.Thanks for the comparison pics Hate,  Pretty significant difference and I expect the game day experience to be incredibly different.Looking forward to it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think the two side, portrait-oriented screens are going to work well. Such a weird aspect ratio. Is it just going to render whatever is dead center of the big screen? It will look like ass when someone outruns the camera man.Just watching NFLN right now, and all the dudes with the ball in their hands are almost never dead center.I am definitely interested to see how it goes.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think the two side, portrait-oriented screens are going to work well. Such a weird aspect ratio. Is it just going to render whatever is dead center of the big screen? It will look like ass when someone outruns the camera man.Just watching NFLN right now, and all the dudes with the ball in their hands are almost never dead center.I am definitely interested to see how it goes.

Perhaps waiting to see how they are used would be a better option. Talk about pessimism....sheesh

• bucmebaby

Participant

I don't think the two side, portrait-oriented screens are going to work well. Such a weird aspect ratio. Is it just going to render whatever is dead center of the big screen? It will look like ass when someone outruns the camera man.Just watching NFLN right now, and all the dudes with the ball in their hands are almost never dead center.I am definitely interested to see how it goes.

I think those corner screens will probably be used a lot for advertising.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think those corner screens will probably be used a lot for advertising.

Yeah, I was thinking the 4 "side" boards could be mainly for TEXT-- especially when they want to run FULL SIZE video on the big boards.....Also, from artist renderings, it looks like the side boards will mainly show THE PLAYER OF FOCUS during a video segment...

• bucmebaby

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ribbon board lit up for testing:https://twitter.com/tbbuccaneers/status/756580604964069378

Seems like every stadium I've watched on TV has had ribbon boards. It's crazy that the RayJay is just now getting them.Of course that could just be my memory only selecting those stadiums to recall, but I will be paying more attention to other teams boards now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn!! Nice!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sign on top. Looks sharp.

• Anonymous

Inactive

these were taken yesterday……NorthSouthCan't wait!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

these were taken yesterday......NorthSouthCan't wait!!!

My prediction...the first reg season replay shown on that screen, will be Jameis throwing a 70 yard bomb to Mike, when the Rams secondary bites hard on the fake to Dougie. And Jameis has all day to throw, with the O-line playing well. Jeff Fisher blows a gasket.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i like the call….but think the bomb will be to Kenny Bell

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tampa Bay Buccaneers [member=2527]tbbuccaneers[/member] The home opener can't come soon enough!!!Virtual tour, fly-through & more...http://www.newbucsgameday.com 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m pumped big time about the addition of all this new video at the stadium. It’s going to add a lot to updating RJS. Lounge boxes are currently being renovated. Concession areas will be getting a face lift during next off season. Stadium needs it.

• Silverback

Participant

It better. Cost two away games at the start

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.