Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• DeltaBuc5

Participant

Everyone was clamoring about how Winston was miles better than Glennon just coming out of college and here we are. Neither of them looked really good. I’m looking forward to Josh Freeman Episode 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weird, usually you are such an optimistic poster….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone was clamoring about how Winston was miles better than Glennon just coming out of college and here we are. Neither of them looked really good. I'm looking forward to Josh Freeman Episode 2.

A rookie's first preseason game and he didn't look like Montana?  I don't believe you

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone was clamoring about how Winston was miles better than Glennon just coming out of college and here we are. Neither of them looked really good. I'm looking forward to Josh Freeman Episode 2.

feel better now?

Please wait…

• Stratobuc

Participant

I think Winston Inc probably bought most of these pro Winston message board posters.  It got him drafted #1.  He has smart handlers.  Now the jokes on us, and L&L.  Of course Lovie is a slight improvement over Raheem, slight.  Winston’s contract is more than most will make in a lifetime so it was worth it to them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our Rookie QB didn’t look like Brady in his first preseason game! The sky is falling!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some times you just need to cry it out I guess……

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Winston Inc probably bought most of these pro Winston message board posters.  It got him drafted #1.  He has smart handlers.  Now the jokes on us, and L&L.  Of course Lovie is a slight improvement over Raheem, slight.  Winston's contract is more than most will make in a lifetime so it was worth it to them.

Handlers werent needed.Really, the trifecta of winston being from fl, played in a similar environment as rjs, and had some good stats to back all that up helped sway l and l.Now, idk if hes going to be a good qb or not, but the attitude he has isnt your traditional qb mindset. This could be the mistake that ruins the whole cake.Regardless, the guy hasnt had any real time yet. Its waay, waay too soon to judge the kid.Although, i would not be surprised at all if the bucs picked another stinker of a qb. Its nearly set in their DNA at this point, and history has not been too kind to the team in that aspect. Being that everyone was so in love with him, so sure, it gives me the feeling its something that shouldnt have happened, and objectiveness was out of the question, which allows for guys to come into the fold that shouldnt have been here.Ultimately, it was winston or mariota. Not much else to choose from. Pretty evenly matched qbs, outside of different statisticals. They both could bust, succeed, or average out separately.They picked their guy. Now they have to do something with that. Thats the difficult part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

get yo popcorn ready!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh I'm going to root for the Dolphins.. what a troll

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn’t disappointed by Winston – I didn’t expect him to make me forget Brady… and I have already forgotten prior bucs qbs going back to prior to our last 1st round qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're right...cut 'em.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're not impressed because there has been nothing to be impressed about. Glennon is the better QB. Yes, Winston will be Freeman 2.0. JMO, hope I'm wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, and of course since you are not impressed by Winston you must be a complete and utter idiot. Signed, Winston fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey, he has ONE more touchdown than Mariota does AND Mariota is the “dual threat” remember? Winston will be fine. Some of you girls just need to stick a tampon in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Jaboo is going to show out on Monday night. I predicted a bad first game and he delivered one. However, I think we’ll see a vast improvement in the next game.GO BUCS, GO JABOO!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, and of course since you are not impressed by Winston you must be a complete and utter idiot. Signed, Winston fans.

We aren't Winston fans. We are Bucs fans . We support OUR starting QB. Please let that sink in your microscopic brain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We aren't Winston fans. We are Bucs fans . We support OUR starting QB. Please let that sink in your microscopic brain.

Stop being childish because I don’t share your opinion. I support Winston but, I’m not going to make excuses for him like many others on this board. When he deserves praise I will do just that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stop being childish because I don't share your opinion. I support Winston but, I'm not going to make excuses for him like many others on this board. When he deserves praise I will do just that.

Not acting childish. You're going to be one of those posters that post every week when Winston has a bad week. I can already tell. You keep saying Winston fans. Just get over the Bucs not taking Mariota already. We are all Bucs fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glad you know your place...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cool story bro. Guess there’s no reason for you to watch then.  Go root for new England or green bay then

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

You're not impressed because there has been nothing to be impressed about. Glennon is the better QB. Yes, Winston will be Freeman 2.0. JMO, hope I'm wrong.

If Glennon is better QB then Winston we're screwed. The next question if you believe Glennon is the best QB on the roster is; who do we draft #1 next in 2016?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Jaboo is going to show out on Monday night. I predicted a bad first game and he delivered one. However, I think we'll see a vast improvement in the next game.GO BUCS, GO JABOO!

I'm not so sure, I bet Winston doesn't complete a single pass in the 4th quarter.  Proof positive he can't close out a game.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I think Jaboo is going to show out on Monday night. I predicted a bad first game and he delivered one. However, I think we'll see a vast improvement in the next game.GO BUCS, GO JABOO!

I'm not so sure, I bet Winston doesn't complete a single pass in the 4th quarter.  Proof positive he can't close out a game.

You think they'll leave him in the entire game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, I didn't think the blue font was needed for that...

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Sorry, I didn't think the blue font was needed for that...

I figured it was blue but given some people here say stuff like that an mean it you never know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agent-smith.jpgYou know all of this after one pre-season game?...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agent-smith.jpgYou know all of this after one pre-season game?...

One pre season game??? Pretty sure his mind came to this conclusion before the draft was even over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone think we could get back a late round pick for him in a trade or should the Bucs just cut him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone think we could get back a late round pick for him in a trade or should the Bucs just cut him?

Are you asking about the OP or JW?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're not impressed because there has been nothing to be impressed about. Glennon is the better QB. Yes, Winston will be Freeman 2.0. JMO, hope I'm wrong.You know all of this after one pre-season game?...

It's a prediction based on what I have seen from Winston so far and last year. Nothing he has done has been impressive to me. He's done some good things that good QB's should do but, he's also been dreadful quite often. Those are facts.

Please wait…

• emspirit

Participant

He's going to show out on one of the better defenses in the league? OK

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People must really have their head up Mariota’s rear end to compare JW to Freeman. The only similarity is that they are both black.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're not impressed because there has been nothing to be impressed about. Glennon is the better QB. Yes, Winston will be Freeman 2.0. JMO, hope I'm wrong.You know all of this after one pre-season game?...

It's a prediction based on what I have seen from Winston so far and last year. Nothing he has done has been impressive to me. He's done some good things that good QB's should do but, he's also been dreadful quite often. Those are facts.

Awards and Honors 2013 ACC Offensive Player of the Year2013 ACC Player of the Year2013 Consensus All-America2013 Davey O'Brien Award2013 Heisman Memorial Trophy2013 Manning Award2013 Walter Camp Player of the Year AwardPassing Yards 2013 NCAA 4057 (9th)2013 ACC 4057 (1st)2014 NCAA 3907 (6th)2014 ACC 3907 (1st)Pass Completions 2013 ACC 257 (2nd)2014 NCAA 305 (8th)2014 ACC 305 (1st)Passing Touchdowns 2013 NCAA 40 (2nd)2013 ACC 40 (1st) 2014 ACC 25 (2nd) Career ACC** 65 (8th)Total Yards 2013 NCAA 4276 (9th)2013 ACC 4276 (1st)2014 ACC 3972 (1st)Yep..he's going to suck...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you for your input, Coach Schiano. :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's going to show out on one of the better defenses in the league? OK

That's right. It's gonna be a blast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What did you all expect of him? 3 TD, 500passing yards? In his first NFL game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tell that to the guys who wanted Dilfer out, King out, Simms out, Griese out, Freeman out, Glennon out, McCown out, and now Winston out. Not many qbs got support in the last 20 years, maybe Bull, maybe Garcia.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE..WELL DONE.........I think I have to change my name to get this kind of response to THE PERFECT troll, I am jealous......well played!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)Enjoy the glory you earned it!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People must really have their head up Mariota's rear end to compare JW to Freeman. The only similarity is that they are both black.

Not quite.You many not want to hear it (i dont either), but there are some similarities, past color of skin.Both tall and big bodied.Winston will run if he has to. Freeman used to too.Athletic for their size.Both have a big arm.Both have dealt with accuracy issues at times.There are obvious differences, such as confidence, football smarts, and dedication.Plus, i dont think winston is doing any homosexual tiger mj photos either.Ultimately,  a player HAS to have some physical tools, but its pretty much all in the noggin. THAT is where the two are separated at the hip. At best, we get a tacobell freeman type qb (which im not going to complain about one bit). At the very worst, he goes to jail, generally sucks, or gets injured permanently. In which case, its just back to square one for us. We are used to it anyway. No biggie.Regardless, i believed both mariota and winston had football talent predraft. Mariota was my first choice, but not because Winston wasn't a good player. Everyone needs to give this guy a chance.For God's sake, ...there are STILL people talking up glennon! Seriously, thats legit lol worthy right here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People must really have their head up Mariota's rear end to compare JW to Freeman. The only similarity is that they are both black.

Not quite.You many not want to hear it (i dont either), but there are some similarities, past color of skin.Both tall and big bodied.Winston will run if he has to. Freeman used to too.Athletic for their size.Both have a big arm.Both have dealt with accuracy issues at times.There are obvious differences, such as confidence, football smarts, and dedication.Plus, i dont think winston is doing any homosexual tiger mj photos either.Ultimately,  a player HAS to have some physical tools, but its pretty much all in the noggin. THAT is where the two are separated at the hip. At best, we get a tacobell freeman type qb (which im not going to complain about one bit). At the very worst, he goes to jail, generally sucks, or gets injured permanently. In which case, its just back to square one for us. We are used to it anyway. No biggie.Regardless, i believed both mariota and winston had football talent predraft. Mariota was my first choice, but not because Winston wasn't a good player. Everyone needs to give this guy a chance.For God's sake, ...there are STILL people talking up glennon! Seriously, thats legit lol worthy right here.

They are still nowhere close to being comparable. If that's the case you might as well compare Glennon and Peyton Manning. They are both tall and white, slow, strong arm, pocket passers etc. Those comparisons are just used to troll, racism, or they just don't know anything about football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are still nowhere close to being comparable. If that's the case you might as well compare Glennon and Peyton Manning. They are both tall and white, slow, strong arm, pocket passers etc. Those comparisons are just used to troll, racism, or they just don't know anything about football.

Well stated....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tell that to the guys who wanted Dilfer out, King out, Simms out, Griese out, Freeman out, Glennon out, McCown out, and now Winston out.

I wanted all of these guys out with the exception being Glennon. I think he has the potential to be a top 7-15 QB in this league. Put him with some talent and he can do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of now the Freeman comparisons are spot on until Winston proves otherwise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of now the Freeman comparisons are spot on until Winston proves otherwise.

Absolutely. Especially since they both only lost one game at the college level, both won National Championships and they were both Heisman winners.Oh wait

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Winston/Freeman comparisons are just lazy and lack any factual basis.

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.