Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Tryon is a possible bust, Trask has no upside. Hainsey is quality depth. Not a bad pick there. Pick 1 and 2 are terrible IMO

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I like it sans Trask.

Tryon B+

Trask F

Hainsey A-

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Tryon and Hainsey can play year 1. Trask will have to prove his better than Griffin…..

Build the trenches!

• Buccarooney1

Participant

I agree with you.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Most of PR staff agrees that if Trask can’t beat out Griffin this year that is a big problem.

Build the trenches!

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Trask can sit and learn for a year or two and who better to learn from than the best there ever was. He balled out on a loaded team at UF. That team had a lot of weapons on offense. So do the Bucs. His arm strength is worrisome but he is extremely accurate and can take off. I can see him becoming another Chad Pennington.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Tryon is not setting edges from what I have seen and read. He needs to get tougher on the edge…hopefully the culture will help him, he is a big kid, a lot of upside potential.

It’s a B- because it addresses a need, but doesn’t necessarily fit the “kill all running backs” mentality. He is meh against the running backs.

Trash is a completely wasted pick by Licht who loves to waste second rounders. Makes me ill trying to understand this awful pick. Not sure what anyone can say to defend this pick…I haven’t heard one single thing that makes sense. Except they need a backup and it is cheaper to keep a dud like Trask than to resign a Gabbert, both are garbage anyway. But I would rather see Gabbert I. There before Trash, I’ll tell you all that every day.

Hainsey has some potential, and he provides depth for our most valuable player. Can’t keep trying to coach up sixth rounders and Undrafted projects to protect the most valuable player this team has. Good effort. Licht must have went home during this pick. I’m sure he was eyeing some safety from Western Hampton College School of Knowledge…or a wide out from Francissville University of Idaho.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I like that the Bucs addressed trenches with 2 out of 3 picks so far. But Licht had a brain fart in the 2nd round.

Build the trenches!

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Tryon is not setting edges from what I have seen and read. He needs to get tougher on the edge…hopefully the culture will help him, he is a big kid, a lot of upside potential.

It’s a B- because it addresses a need, but doesn’t necessarily fit the “kill all running backs” mentality. He is meh against the running backs.

Trash is a completely wasted pick by Licht who loves to waste second rounders. Makes me ill trying to understand this awful pick. Not sure what anyone can say to defend this pick…I haven’t heard one single thing that makes sense. Except they need a backup and it is cheaper to keep a dud like Trask than to resign a Gabbert, both are garbage anyway. But I would rather see Gabbert I. There before Trash, I’ll tell you all that every day.

Hainsey has some potential, and he provides depth for our most valuable player. Can’t keep trying to coach up sixth rounders and Undrafted projects to protect the most valuable player this team has. Good effort. Licht must have went home during this pick. I’m sure he was eyeing some safety from Western Hampton College School of Knowledge…or a wide out from Francissville University of Idaho.

Tryon needs to get a whole lot stronger. Looks very weak on tackles. Seams to struggle getting guys to the ground. Not sure he will pan out. Would have been a good late second round pick. Not a first

• dalbuc

Participant

If Tryon can rush the passer, we’ve got other guys to tackle RBs. Don’t care.

Trask and Hainsey look like day 2 picks on guys who will be lifelong backups.

One good hit and a couple of whiffs.

• Wutt

Participant

Ah good ol armchair GM’s. Every reputable NFL site has high grades on the Bucs draft. So calm tf down.

• Watchman

Participant

I think the Bucs should trade all 2nd round picks from here on out. They don’t seem to value them, and they’d be better served with more picks in later rounds or future years.

Just don’t accept any 2nd round picks back in any trades. No point.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol?

But he also took winfield, smb, carlton Davis, ali marpet, donovan Smith, just to name a few…

2nd round studs

• Boid Fink

Participant

First pick and third were alright. That Trask pick was terrible. He offers nothing more than Griffin could, and he’s been “groomed” as well. Trask is terrible.

Ah good ol armchair GM’s. Every reputable NFL site has high grades on the Bucs draft. So calm tf down.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Well fans have a right to have their own opinions and right now I’m not a fan of this draft haul so far

• Welsh Buc

Participant

The Trask pick is brutal.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yeah I am not defending the pick. Trask has to prove he can beat out Griffin.

Build the trenches!

• m_j

Participant

I can‘t say I like it, but we never had such situation, no big holes, no urgent needs!

I would have gone CB, for me that’s our weakest link!

Trusk … I really do not know what to think about that pick!

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

There was definitely much more advantageous players at 64 than Kyle Trask. That’s just very confusing to me. We could of grabbed numerous other guys.

I liked Hainsey but over Meinerz ? I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I liked him as a 4th rd guy going in if we had we not addressed interior up til then. However Quinn Meinerz was a top 50-60 guy by most analysts. He outshined him at the same Senior Bowl. Also was compared to two current Bucs in Jensen and Marpet. That seems to be a great fit, no? However Hainsey can play RT if needed in a pinch I’m guessing which could be more beneficial short term.

Sometimes people aren’t armchair GMs but just football folks with common sense. Is it safe to say Cle, Wash, Mia, NYJ, Den, LAC, ATL had okay drafts. Most can figure that out.
      KC got Orlando Brown, Nick Bolton and Creed Humphrey this draft so far. I’d say they improved on an already SB contending team.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

I’m fine with the picks except Trask

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I feel the same way.

Build the trenches!

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I’m fine with the picks except Trask

I think they targeted Creed Humphrey and KC beat them to it as payback for that Super Bowl upset. So they took what they thought was the BPA. That said, Trask is going to be a good NFL QB. I don’t see him developing into a star though.

• Darktanian

Participant

I think Mr Licht has earned enough respect for me to say that this draft is A+ until proven otherwise.

• seekpar

Participant

Not sure why everyone is so torn up about this draft. Everyone needs to calm the F down. The Bucs just won the FN Super Bowl! The Bucs have all 22 starters coming back this season for another strong run at the Lombardi. This is a LUXURY draft people. Don’t get so damn worked up over who they pick.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Other picks were fine. Trask was a giant waste.

Not sure why everyone is so torn up about this draft. Everyone needs to calm the F down. The Bucs just won the FN Super Bowl! The Bucs have all 22 starters coming back this season for another strong run at the Lombardi. This is a LUXURY draft people. Don’t get so damn worked up over who they pick.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

It’s certainly not the best draft but hey man don’t sweat the small stuff. We had 3 good drafts in a row and won super bowl. Can’t win them every year

I like Edge and OG picks. I’m ok with the QB pick thought we could have used pick on defensive line.

Don’t understand the kick returner pick.

But again still have to be happy with Tampa’s front office even if they drafted 7 kickers this year lol

• ratiffshabang

Participant

If they really liked Trask, did they really have to take him in the 2nd? Was he that highly regarded across the other teams draft boards? Obviously, we will never know, but it seems like he was a 3rd guy at best considering he isn’t a guy with much of an arm, more of a game manager type

• mjs020294

Participant

Yes they had to take a QB in the 2nd. Right after we took Trask two other teams drafts QBs.

• adkindo

Participant

I am not as upset about the Trask pick as it appears most are….but I just do not see how we did not take Davis Mills in that spot if we were taking a QB. More upside and pedigree….the guy was the #1 QB in the country coming out of high school in 2017 and looked good in the games he played at Stanford.

• SOXX

Participant

Oh well at least the 1st pick and the QB will make the team the rest I don’t think so.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.