Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• SappAttack

Participant

Streaky, turnover prone.Freeman 2.0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who would?  He was a 18 int QB at the college level.  What in the world would make anyone think he could play elite at this level? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just kidding… He’s the next Andrew Luck.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

We are being to picky, remember Minnesota has already played a preseason game. Our O line and punter have looked terrible

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol.. I hate Bucs fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not what Id hoped for, but theres alot to keep in mind.Its the first preseason game for starters. Second, I dont like the playcalling. Didnt seem to help Winston get in rhythm at all. Went straight from running on every down to throwing deep. No quick short passes to get him going We waited until the TD drive to do any of that, and it seemed to help him immensely.

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

Andrew luck had 2 ints and 0 TD  in his preseason debut with the colts….relax fellas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andrew luck had 2 ints and 0 TD  in his preseason debut with the colts....relax fellas.

OP just needs attention.  He has started 3 troll threads during this game

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Why so many down the field plays? Seemed like you’d do more to get your rookie in the groove via short & intermediate passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suddenly I remember why I avoided the red board during the first half. Wow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andrew luck had 2 ints and 0 TD  in his preseason debut with the colts....relax fellas.

Umm...stop lying! Luck threw 2 td's with 0 INTS in his first preseason game. Far cry from the crap we witnessed tonight.http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck/2533031/gamelogs?season=2012

Please wait…

• jgrable1

Participant

2 or 3 dropped balls….no time to throw….pressure constantly in the QB’s face.The entire team needs to get better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2 or 3 dropped balls....no time to throw....pressure constantly in the QB's face.The entire team needs to get better.

Yeah, this was a cruddy team effort. The defense doesn't get a pass either, they looked rough too.Doug looked a little better... But it's obvious that the offensive line will once again be the Achilles heel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2 or 3 dropped balls....no time to throw....pressure constantly in the QB's face.The entire team needs to get better.

This is true.However, winston sucked all on his own. Missed wideouts, some, by a lot. In all seriousness, im thinking he needs some glasses or contacts with the way he played tonight.Smith got manhandled, and the rest of the line struggled as well. Evans vj and winston are not in sync. Still, this was a "conservative outing." I doubt they told him to go out there and score, judging by the three straight runs on the first possession. This, hopefully, was just a safe introduction to the nfl.As always, ill reserve my judgement until after the first regular game (predicted the last five seasons pretty well based on that), but this was a real stinker of a start. A real nugget.Unfortunately, that wasnt even at regular season glennon-level.I expected "bad" more than i did "good" in his first showing, but here's to hoping that they werent actually trying. Because, if they were, ... :-X

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is unbelievable how stupid some message board posters are. Negative and stupid after one preseason game with a rookie QB and LT. OMG! Where are the razor blades?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean just like last season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shhhh....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

30-70 over the last 100 games…let that sink in…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shhhh....

Oops! Sorry. My bad. LOL

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

It is unbelievable how stupid some message board posters are. Negative and stupid after one preseason game with a rookie QB and LT. OMG! Where are the razor blades?

Stupid doesn't even begin to describe the idiocy on display here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

30-70 over the last 100 games...let that sink in...

It's not like big news. I think we all understand the team needs to get better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont do it, man! ...Your blood is not actually pewter!!Seriously, it looked bad. There is nothing wrong about saying it.Making it a finality, well, i suppose thats a bit different. We absolutely have to see more.For me its,1, get the ball out. I know the pressure is coming, and i know that he isnt used to it, but it has to move. The rock isnt staying in one place for very long.2, Decrease the ratio of his throw. I knew it was wide(like most taller players), but it was slow and cumbersome looking. Even the touch on his throws didnt look quite right, as if he were "pushing" the ball, rather than using his own centrifugal force to "sling" it.3. I normally dont care about this one, but sometimes it can cause worse play to occur. Footwork. Those feet were everywhere, and honestly, imo he had the jitters. Again, its not a "sky is falling" situation, but it should be noted what happened. Not just rubbed away as if nothing occured. THAT is exactly how to ruin a qb.Disclaimer: was a mariota "fan" predraft, and im not doing the "nah-nah" thing against winston based on ONE ps game. That would be completely premature and unfair. Like it or not, we're alll in the same stinky, sinkin' arse boat. And,no, there are no life preservers or rafts. Also, the water is 20 below. Good luck!

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.