Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Bayside4Life

Participant

Anyone notice how much faster the plays were coming in last night compared to previous years?  Our QBs had time to make adjustments at the line, audible, etc. with no real threat of delay of game penalties.  Last year, I swear the team was breaking the huddle with less than 10 seconds on the play clock on almost every play.  The only thing that can account for this difference is the play coming in from the sideline faster than it has in years past.  I thought that the play calling last night was very good.  I have wondered how much of an impact having a real OC would have this year, and so far, it seems like it might have a major impact.  Very glad that Koetter is here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you dont say?take that into account, take into account the headless chicken was the one recieving the plays, and take into account our defense was learning a new system.  and we were competitive in almost every game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was saying this last night.  The difference between last year and this (even when the back ups are in) just from what seems to be a system and a “prepared-ness” factor is like night and day.  I will always wish Arroyo well…but damn he was in over his head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course having a bona fide OC can make an incredible difference…I mean, that is why every team in the league has one. That being said, I was almost giddy at time to see solid play calling and good execution. I am mostly looking forward to Koetter turning up the pace and letting the Bucs PUSH the pace...I think there is hay to made in that aspect of our offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last night was the first time in probably 3 years that I felt like I was watching a real football team, and that was a pre-season game. Besides the fact that they looked more professional (getting the calls in/audibles/etc), they actually looked like they had some zip and excitement. They weren’t stuck in cement. It was fun.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last night was the first time in probably 3 years that I felt like I was watching a real football team, and that was a pre-season game. Besides the fact that they looked more professional (getting the calls in/audibles/etc), they actually looked like they had some zip and excitement. They weren't stuck in cement. It was fun.

Agreed.  It was refreshing.  Bucs also successfully completed a number of screen passes (which we have had issues doing well for years) and an end around (for a first down no less).  Execution seems to be improving under Koetter as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was fun.

Totally agree...This was the most fun we have had at a Bucs game in a long time!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last night was the first time in probably 3 years that I felt like I was watching a real football team

this

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

What I loved was hearing winston make the calls at the line switching up plays, making protection adjustments, declaring Mikes, etc.He was confident and seemed like he knew what he was doing and the rest of the team seemed to really be on the same page. That's a sign of great coaching and prepared players. Now we just need to get better at blitz pick up and cut down on some of the penalties, although I think the refs were calling some really ticky tacky penalties.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am extremely confident our offense will be much improved with the addition of Koetter. He has experience as a HC and OC in both College and Pros. Solid hire by Licht.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter is awesome. The best decision Lovie Smith has ever made was to hire this guy. I was impressed with his play calling in ATL and the production he got out his playmakers DESPITE their OL being putrid and a running game that was non-existant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We really haven’t even seen a lot of the offense will be doing, and they still look good.  Very happy with Koetter so far.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

It was smooth had a flow to it. Hope it looks as good Saturday.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

This…

Last night was the first time in probably 3 years that I felt like I was watching a real football team... It was fun.

And this...

What I loved was hearing winston make the calls at the line switching up plays, making protection adjustments, declaring Mikes, etc.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I noticed the Koetter penalty difference. Hopefully they can clean that up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I noticed the Koetter penalty difference. Hopefully they can clean that up.

The Bucs were the most penalized team in the NFL last year without Koetter, so I doubt he is part of the reason. I think it had more to do with the extra official on the field, and Bell and Edwards apparently not knowing how to properly block.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven’t watched the game on replay yet, but not all penalties tie to coaching.  A lineman can hold because of bad technique, but often times its just that the lineman is getting beat by a better player.  Not sure which category the majority of last night’s penalties fall into, but my perception was mostly lineman outmatched?  Could be wrong

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven't watched the game on replay yet, but not all penalties tie to coaching.  A lineman can hold because of bad technique, but often times its just that the lineman is getting beat by a better player.  Not sure which category the majority of last night's penalties fall into, but my perception was mostly lineman outmatched?  Could be wrong

Some were inexperience by rookies... They will get that shlt cleaned up. Bell had couple himself I think..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven't watched the game on replay yet, but not all penalties tie to coaching.  A lineman can hold because of bad technique, but often times its just that the lineman is getting beat by a better player.  Not sure which category the majority of last night's penalties fall into, but my perception was mostly lineman outmatched?  Could be wrong

Some were inexperience by rookies... They will get that shlt cleaned up. Bell had couple himself I think..

good point

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4th and 4 at CIN 44 (8:50) (Punt formation) K.Huber punts 56 yards to end zone, Center-C.Harris, Touchback. PENALTY on TB-R.Shepard, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at TB 20.2nd and 10 at TB 31 (7:17) J.Winston pass deep left to V.Jackson ran ob at TB 48 for 17 yards. PENALTY on TB-V.Jackson, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at TB 31 - No Play.2nd and 20 at TB 21 (6:58) (Shotgun) D.Martin right end to TB 28 for 7 yards (V.Rey, G.Iloka). PENALTY on TB-D.Smith, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at TB 21 - No Play.4th and 17 at CIN 15 (4:59) (Punt formation) K.Huber punts 46 yards to TB 39, Center-C.Harris. K.Clay to TB 47 for 8 yards (S.Williams, C.Harris). Penalty on TB-L.Johnson, Offensive Holding, declined. Penalty on TB-S.Moore, Offensive Holding, declined. PENALTY on TB-J.Keyes, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at TB 39.1st and 10 at TB 29 (4:46) C.Sims left tackle to TB 36 for 7 yards (A.Hawk). PENALTY on TB-A.Seferian-Jenkins, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at TB 29 - No Play.4th and 12 at TB 27 (3:50) (Punt formation) K.Schmitz punts 34 yards to CIN 39, Center-A.DePaola, downed by TB-L.Johnson. Penalty on TB-L.Johnson, Illegal Touch Kick, declined.1st and 10 at CIN 17 (14:38) PENALTY on TB-L.Mankins, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CIN 17 - No Play.3rd and 22 at CIN 29 (12:12) (Shotgun) J.Winston pass incomplete short middle [J.Shaw]. PENALTY on TB-J.Winston, Intentional Grounding, 13 yards, enforced at CIN 29.1st and 10 at CIN 12 (9:19) C.Sims up the middle to CIN 12 for no gain (D.Still). PENALTY on TB-K.Edwards, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at CIN 12 - No Play.3rd and 9 at CIN 30 (8:20) (Shotgun) PENALTY on TB-K.Edwards, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at CIN 30 - No Play1st and 10 at CIN 39 (3:57) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass incomplete deep right to M.Jones. PENALTY on TB-M.Jenkins, Defensive Pass Interference, 37 yards, enforced at CIN 39 - No Play.3rd and 9 at CIN 30 (:34) (Shotgun) M.Glennon sacked at CIN 36 for -6 yards (M.Hunt). FUMBLES (M.Hunt), and recovers at CIN 36. Penalty on TB-G.Cherilus, Offensive Holding, declined.1st and 10 at TB 44 (13:16) M.James left end pushed ob at CIN 39 for 17 yards (J.Shaw). PENALTY on TB-K.Bell, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at TB 44 - No Play.4th and 4 at CIN 46 (6:39) (Punt formation) K.Huber punts 54 yards to TB 0, Center-C.Harris, penalty enforced. PENALTY on TB-J.Young, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at TB 20.3rd and 2 at CIN 42 (1:23) B.Rainey left tackle pushed ob at CIN 35 for 7 yards (E.Dargan). PENALTY on TB-K.Bell, Offensive Holding, 3 yards, enforced at CIN 42 - No Play.So I see:Russel Shepard - 1 Holding, 10 yardsV Jackson - 1 OPI, 10 yardsD. Smith - 1 holding, 10 yardsL. Johnson - 1 holding (DECLINED), 1 illegal touch (DECLINED)S. Moore - 1 holding (DECLINED)J. Keyes - 1 Block above waist, 10 yardsASJ - 1 holding, 10 yardsL. Mankins - 1 False start, 5 yardsJ. Winston - 1 intentional grounding, 13 yardsK. Edwards - 1 holding-10 yards, 1 false start-5 yardsM. Jenkins - 1 DPI-37 yardsG. Cherilous - 1 holding (DECLINED)K. Bell - 2 holding, 13 yardsJ.Young - 1 holding, 10 yards

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.