Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

Now that most of the media garbage had to take their own foot out of their mouths. The new crap is this, we are one hit wonders. Our Bucs will be bad next year with a Super Bowl hangover. They really do not want the Bucs to sign any of our free agents back for a possible repeat. On the other hand the Saints have the ability to win the NFC South next year. I really need to stop paying attention to these clowns .

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

The one reason that there wouldn’t be a Super Bowl hangover is Tom Brady. Remember, the same guy who texted his whole team at 11 pm every night before the Super Bowl that, “We will win.”

• jcaulfield8

Participant

1 hit wonders…. who gives a shit if we are. It was a glorious year, if that’s the pinnacle it was still worth it

• Vance

Participant

I give a Sh#% .. I want to dominate for the next decade if we can. You might be satisfied with one winning season or one championship for that matter. Having a chance to be a contender for a while would be nice . The Saints and the Falcons were able to pull it off .

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Leagues not built to dominate for a decade, unless you have Belichick and Brady. 3-5 year window tops. Be happy we were lucky enough to win one. With a solid shot to win another.
      12 teams in this league still haven’t won one

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by jcaulfield8.

• Vance

Participant

You’re wrong.. not sure if you thought I was speaking about super bowls. I was speaking about consistent winning seasons. Many teams have had a decade of 10 wins per season. That gets you in the playoffs for chance at the super bowl. Yes, it would be hard to mimic the Patriots. For me I never want to go back to what we had after the 2002 chip. That’s what I want for this team .

• buccnation

Participant

Saints have more issues than us to figure out and damn if I want to follow in the footsteps of the falcons. They haven’t won shit.

• Roy

Participant

Caufield is right. If you want to win the SB you have to make your best shot and hope everything goes right. The Bucs will try to repeat, but just ask the Chiefs. It’s not easy. The last time was the Patriots in 2004 and 2005.

So it would be nice to have a Superbowl season with fans in the stands, but everything is going to have to go right….again.

• seekpar

Participant

My view on this. The 2021 schedule is very favorable. Given the problems the Saints will have, the Falcons still have, and the Panthers still figuring it out, the Bucs win the South easily. And a very good shot at the first round bye. At least one home playoff game. The road will be much easier than the one they just traveled. A very good shot at repeating. But as they say, anything can happen in the NFL and throw a wrench into the works.

• kenntak

Participant

Repeating is very difficult, it is a bad analogy to call this a one hit wonder. I am just enjoying the wonderful win!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by kenntak.

• TNEGATIVE

Participant

Don’t care. That “one hit” was a walk off Grand Slam.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

A Super Bowl trophy is always worth it. Think about this for a moment: We have the worst winning percentage as a franchise in the NFL and we’ve got more Super Bowl trophies than the rest of the NFC South put together and the same number as the entire AFC South put together.

Not to mention that there are twelve teams that don’t even have a Super Bowl trophy and four teams that have never even PLAYED in a Super Bowl.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by BuccaNOLEer.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Thats a way to motivate our guy including tom Brady. Did the media learn from the constant crap they kept spewing all over our entire season. Including playoffs. I say keep it up media!

• buc-in-out

Participant

Perfect, keep doubting Brady.

• mjs020294

Participant

Saying a SB winning team are a one hit wonder is an easy and relatively safe thing to do. Winning the SB once is hard, making it back and winning again is extremely rare.

The commentators saying we will repeat are the brave ones.

• garfield

Participant

I fully expect to go 13-3 or better next season with a full year of Brady under our belt and Wirfs and Winfield being a year older and even better and on top of whatever we add in FA and the draft. Next season could be the best team in franchise history.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

@garfield if we bring everyone back, next season should be the best in franchise history. Would be exciting for sure.

• Watchman

Participant

I think the Bucs will have a better regular season record in the upcoming season.

Can’t predict they’ll win the Super Bowl, and many have said, that’s extremely hard to do. Repeating is damn near impossible.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.