Monday, January 20, 2020

Number of Bucs Win This Year?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    tog
    Participant

7-9.

My narrative is coaching matters big time but the talent is too low on this team to overcome that. Plus I’m concerned by Arians age/health and if his older assistants still have it.

The more objective reality is that teams rarely make huge jumps (and when they do they’re rarely sustainable). Rams would be a weird exception, but before they’re 4-12 season they went 7-9 into infinity.

This team needs to make the playoffs for Licht to keep his job.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

Butters
    Participant

Wait, where are all the Licht nuthuggers to say this is a playoff team? Fact is we’re the worse team in the division again, unless Cam misses the season with injuries then we’re in 3rd place by default. If we can somehow split within the division we might have a chance to sneak up to 9 wins, but that would take a string of good fortune this franchise hasn’t seen in well over a decade. I really think the schedule nuked any thought I had that we could have a quick turn into a playoff team just because of coaching. There is no coaching away that brutal road trip. We’re going to need a miracle start to have any chance, but we have a great schedule to end the season if we can survive the tumultuous road trip and not fold like we always do in the face of adversity.

+8
    Rating: +3. From 13 votes.
    Please wait...
    Knucknbuc
    Participant

looks like a 6 win season to me to the people predicting 8 or 9 wins where did this team get better at? i cant say for sure that they did other  then coaching. people are depending on rookies to make an impact thats where ur predictions  fall flat. if one rookie has a good year thats great this team will have to have 3 do it. still has weak depth at certain spots i see 6 wins maybe…leaning towards 5 because of the horrible  schedule tho

+3
    Rating: +2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

+4
    Rating: +3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So all these people ecstatic over Arians-Bowles are basically saying the team is pretty much the same as it was under Koetter.

+6
    Rating: +1. From 11 votes.
    Please wait...
    JamesButabi
    Participant

8 which is better than I predicted last year. Simply because of the coaching and administrative overhaul. I think there will be more accountability and opportunities for competition. Still think the offseason plan was severely lacking and short sighted. They really are putting more on Jameis than I think he can handle trotting that line back out there. Better defense makes up for slightly worse offense. I still think (hope) they pick up a veteran guard that is a cap casualty prior to the season starting.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    buc_boi
    Participant

3 wins, 4 tops.

Yeah y’all going to see the difference in coaching alright.

+4
    Rating: -1. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...
    Buccodeuce
    Participant

+5
    Rating: +1. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

10-6

+4
    Rating: 0. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...
    jaybuc88
    Participant

Lots of work left, I think 6-10

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Probably best to wait until training camp ends

+4
    Rating: +2. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    Crazyhorse54
    Participant

4 wins

+3
    Rating: +1. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    GIJoeWasThere
    Participant

6-10. The roster didn’t improve.

+4
    Rating: +2. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

What is the point of this exercise?  The Bucs haven’t been to the playoffs in 11 years.  So you aren’t going to get a lot of rational people picking the Bucs to win.  So what if you pick six wins.  Congratulations.   The word fan stands for fanatic.  Well, we’ve got the fanatic part covered on this board.  No problem there.  But how about throwing in some fan along with that and don’t worry right now about what the record is going to be.  Have a little hope and dreams for the future of this team.  Sure critique away and discuss the pros and cons of the draft picks, and etc, but don’t worry about predicting the record right now.  There couldn’t be anything more pointless than that.

+1
    Rating: -2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Roy.
    Watchman
    Participant

I am going to guess 6-10.

Winston continues to mix in some rookie-like, bonehead play and some good games throughout the season.  This will lead to the utter meltdown of the board as the debate on whether Winston should be offered a long term contract rages until the day he signs a new deal with the Bucs (unfortunately).

The D does show some improvement, the running game continues to be horrid, and the o-line is a mess.  OJ Howard, again, finishes the year on IR after being nicked up for part of the year.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.