Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I hear some wanting to cut smith or jensen. Overpaid blah blah.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Both had top 10 if not top 5 at their positions in 2020.

Id prefer to extend both rather then cut either.

Don’t mess with the chemistry of the o line. It ended up being a top 5 unit. I wouldn’t draft any ol before round 3 either. Bigger needs(edge, idl, rb)

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I was thinking Smith was overpaid and the Bucs could use an upgrade at LT. After watching Smith perform in the playoffs and shutting down both Chase Young AND Cam McDonald, I agree with your post.

• Roy

Participant

I agree wholeheartedly. Don’t mess with the starters!

However, people are missing the real issue here. Three of them are free agents in 2022.

Smith and Jensen will have their last opportunity to cash in with a big long term deal. Cappa will be coming off his rookie deal and will look to finally get the real money. If I’m their agent, I’m telling them we’re going to sit tight until next year and hit the free market when the cap has expanded.

The Bucs already have a high priced O-line and it’s about to get higher. Its hard to keep the band together on a Superbowl team, and nowhere will it be harder than the O-line. You have to address that issue in the draft of course. So we will probably draft a couple O-line this year not only for depth, but for future starters.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

It’s a good thing our web has been making average lines over perform for the past 20 years or so. We will be fine with out guys and we can pick up a guard or center in this years draft that can replace one of those 2, Donovan smith might be coming in to his own, he will get big mone if he becomes a fa next year

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Don’t mess with the chemistry of the o line. It ended up being a top 5 unit. I wouldn’t draft any ol before round 3 either. Bigger needs(edge, idl, rb)

Psst… Cappa didn’t play in the Divisional playoff game, the Conference playoff game, nor the Super Bowl playoff game. Stinnie played it.

Guess that whole “don’t mess with the chemistry of the Oline” thought. Brady cares most if the OLine executes at a high level.

Jensen’s PFF rating

2018: 56.6 PFF rating
        2019: 79.3 PFF rating
        2020: 64.9 PFF rating

Maybe you shouldn’t have any authority in citing Jensen is a top-5 talent. $10 mil for below average isn’t a great use of capital.

… Wait. Did you just say RB is a bigger need in the draft? Okay… Licht, you can stop moonlighting here.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Agreed Stinne played lights out as well.

Cappa had a great year but arguably the weak link of the starting 5.

Is RB not a need? You good with rojo & vaughn? Cool. I’m not.

$20 says a RB is signed and or drafted before an OL is. Hell $200. Put your $ where your mouth is good sir.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Psst… Cappa didn’t play in the Divisional playoff game, the Conference playoff game, nor the Super Bowl playoff game. Stinnie played it.

Guess that whole “don’t mess with the chemistry of the Oline” thought. Brady cares most if the OLine executes at a high level.

Jensen’s PFF rating

Maybe you shouldn’t have any authority in citing Jensen is a top-5 talent. $10 mil for below average isn’t a great use of capital.

… Wait. Did you just say RB is a bigger need in the draft? Okay… Licht, you can stop moonlighting here.

Jensen played well despite what that stat says. He has a nastiness to him that’s hard to match and he’s the leader of the line. We need Jensen

• m_j

Participant

we all know how our OL is, and we know what smith can, he is the most questionable player there.

but the line performed well in the playoffs and earned one more year as it is.

I am not even sure if could get an upgrade on LT ar all at this point, and sometimes it’s better to go on with someone you exactly know what he can and what he can‘t than to gamble.

we are tight with cap so we can not hit grand slam in this free agency so I‘d kerp it as it is

• buc_boi

Participant

Jensen’s PFF rating

Does Polly want a cracker, what a good parrot you are.

• buc_boi

Participant

Jensen’s PFF rating

Jensen played well despite what that stat says. He has a nastiness to him that’s hard to match and he’s the leader of the line. We need Jensen

Don’t mind the cherry picking parrot, he just likes to repeat himself.
      … Over, and over again.

• BucWonder

Participant

JL answered this question when he said he expects the O line to return including Smith and Jensen. No one is getting cut or traded.

• m_j

Participant

JL can say whatever he wants, it‘s just his opinion. we‘re no steelers!

• BucWonder

Participant

JL = Jason Licht. His opinion counts much more than yours or mine.

• m_j

Participant

sorry, I thought of another JL :-)

• BucWonder

Participant

No worries. I think Ledyard is worth listening to and reading, but I agree with you that his opinion is just that.

• RW

Participant

I hear some wanting to cut smith or jensen. Overpaid blah blah.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Both had top 10 if not top 5 at their positions in 2020.

Where do you come up with this crap?? Neither one was top 10 based on anyone’s objective rating system. Jensen’s PFF rating 64.9 and the top 3 centers were over 80. Smith’s rating was 72.1 and the top 3 tackles were in the 90s. ( For comparison both Wirfs and Marpet had ratings in the mid 80s)
      And guess what? Even though the team won the Superbowl those guys were, and still are, overpaid. I am fine with keeping them around but for less money.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol @ pff.

Dean was the #3 corner in the league last year. Awesome!

Numbers are for losers. Eye test my friend.

Jensen and Smith are straight bullies. Idc what the Numbers say. Both will be here in 2021 and beyond. I couldn’t be more thrilled tbh.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol @ pff.

Dean was the #3 corner in the league last year. Awesome!

Numbers are for losers. Eye test my friend.

Jensen and Smith are straight bullies. Idc what the Numbers say. Both will be here in 2021 and beyond. I couldn’t be more thrilled tbh.

Jensen is a bully.

Don is at times, but he has some plays like Little Bo Peep …. can’t seem to erase those.

• RW

Participant

That’s like saying Winston played well last year regardless of what the stats say. The fact is, regardless of the nastiness, Jensen is the weakest link on the Oline.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Disagree.

Its cappa for me.

Stinne proved that by coming in and arguably out playing him.

Jensen went out. Aq shipley filled in. Didnt work so well.

When donovan Smith was out. That was ugly as well.

Both are more important than people realize. Again I’m thrilled to have both.

• buc_boi

Participant

Sounds like we’re doing just fine if Jensen is our weakest link.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by buc_boi.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Jensen still missing calls at the line was weird to me. Brady had to adjust the schemes at times which isn’t weird at all.

Jensen is a bully and instigator, but a great center he isn’t. Strong and durable, but still has flaws.

Bucs win a title though. Fug the Saints.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.