Viewing 74 reply threads

• Author

• blind melon

Participant

Hat tip to JBFThis is MUSIC to my ears.Bucs’ Unknown Minicamp Is Playing A RoleApril 25th, 2014There’s a reason the Bucs didn’t look like a brand new offense with a free agent quarterback during their first practices under the Lovie Smith regime this week.That’s because the entire offense — yes, everybody — was together multiple times on local ball fields between the time Lovie and Jeff Tedford passed out playbooks on April 7 and the opening minicamp on Tuesday, which was the first time coaches could work with players outside of meeting rooms.Practice are allowed by the NFL if players gather on their own time — at their own location. The unquestioned leader of the Bucs offense, Josh McCown, is single-handedly driving the team to beat the learning curve of their offense, much like the Bears offense did with first-year coach/offensive guru Marc Trestman last year.Frankly, Joe was stunned to learn about this. Sure, it’s common for a handful of receivers to get together with quarterbacks to work on running routes and passing. But it’s a whole different animal to have offensive linemen and 30+ guys in all going through walk-throughs and jog-throughs and learning a playbook together.“Everybody is so hungry to learn,” Luke Stocker said. “No one new we were out there. There were about four [non-Buccaneers] out there on field jogging and you could see they were a little confused. But when they saw all the Buccaneers shirts, they figured it out pretty quick, I think.”“All three of our quarterbacks did a great job leading the group and they came in with a good understanding of the offense. Learning the cadence, learning the huddle system, learning no-huddle stuff.”(JoeBucsFan.com is not revealing the park location)From Stocker to newcomers Brandon Myers and Louis Murphy, no veteran Buccaneers had ever seen an assembly like that before, so they told Joe.Murphy said he was blown away and the workouts were more serious than the informal sessions he experienced during the NFL Lockout.“That says something about our group. Everybody on the offense showed up. It was great for building chemistry and just to get going and learning. It was very serious. Very professional,” Murphy said. “With the CBA rules we can’t do it here, so our leader Josh [McCown] callin’ up, we had great sessions. Great for team chemistry.“There were very little mistakes in minicamp this week]and that had a lot to do with it.”It’s a Bears thingMyers described the informal practices as very technical and about education of the offense.McCown told Joe he was duplicating sessions he and Jay Cutler were a part of with the Bears after they got a new playbook from Trestman.“There’s only so many hours. So you gotta do something else. You’re a new offense. I mean you’re not on the field with the coaches and you’re going to go out and do a minicamp like we did this week? And compete against defense? McCown said.“Jeff Tedford’s in the NFL for the first time, so a lot of the terminology and things are different. So we needed to go through that process. There was a lot of value in it. You saw that this week.”Lovie weighs inJoe talked to Bucs head coach Lovie Smith about these player-only sessions this morning at a Tampa charity event. Of course, Lovie noted that he and his staff had nothing to do with planning or executing the effort. But Lovie said it’s the kind of thing that is commonplace for Josh McCown.“Josh will surprise you, and he’ll surprise fans and his teammates, but he won’t surprise me with the effort he’ll put forth to make this organization a winner, and to always help those around him,” Lovie said. “I’m sure he’s got all kinds of things planned. I trust him with our offense.”It’s that trust same Lovie referenced repeatedly when McCown was signed, versus the unknown of Mike Glennon, Mike Kafka or any QB the Bucs may draft.Joe noted a couple of times this week in his “practice notes” that McCown surprisingly looked like a deeply entrenched leader already. What Joe has learned of these hidden practice sessions, it’s now obvious why McCown already looked the part at One Buc Palace.And another thing McCown told Joe, expect these private, players-time practices to continue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is awesome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outstanding.  Getting really pumped about this season.Interesting about McCown's leadership also.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excellent! Leadership matters, and McCown and Lovie KNOW it…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is awesome and it pumps me up for the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk how you couldn’t root for a guy like McCown

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk how you couldn't root for a guy like McCown

Agree, but Im sure plenty of "fans" will find plenty of reasons once the season starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets hope McCown is the next Gannon or Warner…late bloomer who becomes a stud QB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

wow, how could you not love that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets hope McCown is the next Gannon or Warner...late bloomer who becomes a stud QB

or even a solid stop-gap who mentors some young kid we draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets hope McCown is the next Gannon or Warner...late bloomer who becomes a stud QB

I'd take that too!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

... or already drafted?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peyton Manning-esqe.Definitely a fan of this guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I recall Russel Wilson saying he did much the same thing.  This could end up a pattern through the NFL; or, at least, coaches and even fans and T.V. commentators will be able to key in on this and say where a team is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to be a downer, because I am excited about this, but Freeman did the same thing the year of the lockout.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to be a downer, because I am excited about this, but Freeman did the same thing the year of the lockout.

I do remember that but IIRC he didn't hold them regularly (only 3-5 offseason workouts happened under Freeman's watch) and even for the ones he did hold, only a percentage of his teammates attended. If I remember it right, the team still looked out of sync when they reconvened for practice that season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The report is that McCown is doing this but it was actually Glennon that got this idea organized well before McCown was here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yeah, but wasn't that at MacDintons?  In the parking lot, I think?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do remember that but IIRC he didn't hold them regularly (only 3-5 offseason workouts happened under Freeman's watch) and even for the ones he did hold, only a percentage of his teammates attended. If I remember it right, the team still looked out of sync when they reconvened for practice that season.

A guy looking like Freeman arranged for receivers, and then backs, and then all to IMG for a good bit of the lockout year - just saying' it was pretty regular...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yeah, but wasn't that at MacDintons?  In the parking lot, I think?

Uhh oh... now I'm worried about the "speed in space" stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol… is McDintons some type of dope hole bar?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McDintons is Jersey Shore South. Lots of fake tans, big hair, muscles, skinny jeans, and black baby tees…..and that is just the guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The report is that McCown is doing this but it was actually Glennon that got this idea organized well before McCown was here.

Link?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

Lol. Why is it so hard for some of our fans to just be proud of our players? Every year, its the same **CENSORED** on this board. Non stop **CENSORED**ing. Of course, I was too young to be a regular at the time, but I'd bet everything I own that just as much complaining went on around here the year we won the SB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

Lol. Why is it so hard for some of our fans to just be proud of our players? Every year, its the same **CENSORED** on this board. Non stop **CENSORED**ing. Of course, I was too young to be a regular at the time, but I'd bet everything I own that just as much complaining went on around here the year we won the SB.

So asking someone to back up a statement with factual reference is bitching?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

10lbbass does nothing but hate on every QB in this draft and make excuses for Glennon. All day everyday. Is it really so awful that Hayseed doesn't believe him and wants to see proof to his baseless comment? If I had to bet, my money is on 10lbbass making that sh!t up on the spot and there is really zero validity to it. So.......link?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

10lbbass does nothing but hate on every QB in this draft and make excuses for Glennon. All day everyday. Is it really so awful that Hayseed doesn't believe him and wants to see proof to his baseless comment? If I had to bet, my money is on 10lbbass making that sh!t up on the spot and there is really zero validity to it. So.......link?

It would be cool if Glennon did something like this. However, this is the first I've heard of any of this and considering the source.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article not only quotes actual players that were there saying that McCown is their leader and McCown called them up, but then McCown is quoted saying he is copying what he and Cutler did in Chicago…..but apparently they are all liars. It is a huge Glennon hating conspiracy and 10lbbass is the only real truth. We are just whiners and b!tchers for calling him out on his made up fantasy land bullsh!t. Who knew?the Illuminati is everywhere and they hate Glennon too!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

Actually it didn’t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

Actually it didn't.

Damn kid. Now you owe him everything you own.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

McDintons is Jersey Shore South. Lots of fake tans, big hair, muscles, skinny jeans, and black baby tees.....and that is just the guys.

hahahaha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

Actually it didn't.

You're telling me there was no complaining when the Bucs fired Tony Dungy and traded a bunch of draft picks away for Jon Gruden. Hmmm. I wonder why that is so hard to believe.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to hear.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

Actually it didn't.

You're telling me there was no complaining when the Bucs fired Tony Dungy and traded a bunch of draft picks away for Jon Gruden. Hmmm. I wonder why that is so hard to believe.....

back then I posted mostly on the old St. Pete Times forum.  And if you think this forum is full of bad behavior you have no idea.  But anyways, I can only remember one regular poster, an African American guy named The Rock, who was so pissed off about Dungy being fired he called for Gruden’s firing throughout the year. Other than that it was all good.  Fans like winning.  We haven’t had much of that lately.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

Actually it didn't.

back then I posted mostly on the old St. Pete Times forum.  And if you think this forum is full of bad behavior you have no idea.  But anyways, I can only remember one regular poster, an African American guy named The Rock, who was so pissed off about Dungy being fired he called for Gruden's firing throughout the year. Other than that it was all good.  Fans like winning.  We haven't had much of that lately.

Ahhh....the old SPiT. I remember ole Rocky Poo whining all season. Got real quite as the season progressed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?

Actually it didn't.

back then I posted mostly on the old St. Pete Times forum.  And if you think this forum is full of bad behavior you have no idea.  But anyways, I can only remember one regular poster, an African American guy named The Rock, who was so pissed off about Dungy being fired he called for Gruden's firing throughout the year. Other than that it was all good.  Fans like winning.  We haven't had much of that lately.

Bucs fans in general didn’t complain as much back then. 14 bad years and then playoffs three of four years under Dungy. Problem wax we were going the wrong way. 3-0 start and then 7-7 the rest of the way including bad playoff loss in Philly in 2000. 9-7 followed by even worse playoff loss in Philly in 2001. The can’t win in the cold thing went full steam in 2000 and 2001. So Dungy had to go. Dungy’s image as a wise sage is mostly a product of Peyton Manning and everything that followed our MNF meltdown in 2003. We win that game and all of nfl history would be different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My son’s fiancé works at USF Athletics and told him the Bucs have been regulars at there facility. Makes sense now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Glennon will be a successful QB in this league. I was all for giving Glennon another shot at starter this season, but it's clear that L&L think otherwise. So, I've embraced the idea of moving forward. At first I somewhat supported 10lbbass and his views, until he went full-blown retard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m fine with anyone who supports Glennon. I don’t, but I don’t go after people who do. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. With 10lbbass though, 95% of his posts are the same retarded broken record posts and it gets annoying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm fine with anyone who supports Glennon. I don't, but I don't go after people who do. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. With 10lbbass though, 95% of his posts are the same retarded broken record posts and it gets annoying.

It's something to remember during the draft...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm fine with anyone who supports Glennon. I don't, but I don't go after people who do. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. With 10lbbass though, 95% of his posts are the same retarded broken record posts and it gets annoying.

When you say a retarded broken record do you mean logical, with the interest of our team getting better.  Not wasting more picks to find out something is not there.  Focusing on positions that can actually help us win now not some far off date.  Approaching the building of a franchise like a true business and not some fantasy football fan.  Not viewing players as failures simply because they were drafted by the previous regime.  Recognizing that we have some solid players to build on that came from Schiano and Dom.  Wanting team success not just media attention and jersey sales. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When he mentioned retarded I think he was searching for annoyingly redundant.  Sometimes folks just get in a hurry and a word will escape them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When he mentioned retarded I think he was searching for annoyingly redundant.  Sometimes folks just get in a hurry and a word will escape them.

Annoying a redundant??  You mean like the myriad of Johnny Football threads on the red board?  It's funny, I am called out for calling out the incessant need to sell out our franchise for what would probably amount to one, maybe two seasons of attention and jersey sales and then we are back to where we are now. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crusaders be crusading.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Annoying a redundant??  You mean like the myriad of Johnny Football threads on the red board?  It's funny, I am called out for calling out the incessant need to sell out our franchise for what would probably amount to one, maybe two seasons of attention and jersey sales and then we are back to where we are now.

Close - just annoyingly redundant.  Delete the "a".  Back to selling jerseys you go...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Close - just annoyingly redundant.  Delete the "a".  Back to selling jerseys you go...

OK, now we know what the D stands for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I suspect you don't.  Back to selling jerseys... it is safer given sentence structures you employ along with your singular topic.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I suspect you don't.  Back to selling jerseys... it is safer given sentence structures you employ along with your singular topic. 

We definitely know what the D stands for.  All doubt removed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is a problem for you, thinking you know something (singular) and being unable to accept you don't.  A pattern is building.  Self doubt can be a healthy thing. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is a problem for you, thinking you know something (singular) and being unable to accept you don't.  A pattern is building.  Self doubt can be a healthy thing.

Burn!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Burn!!

Hmm - add a second issue, that being cognitive thought...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Burn!!

Hmm - add a second issue, that being cognitive thought...

Double burn!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What report??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What report??

I'm starting to think that 10lbbass is Mike Glennon's personal Java.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you say a retarded broken record do you mean logical?

It doesn't matter if it is or isn't logical. You could be saying the sky is blue.....but when you say it in every single thread nomatter what the topic is and you do it day after day after day, it get's fugging annoying as hell and nobody cares what you have to say anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I shouldn't have said retarded. I realize it isn't acceptable to use that word that way anymore. It's like calling stupid things "gay". Old habits die hard though. My apologies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I shouldn't have said retarded. I realize it isn't acceptable to use that word that way anymore. It's like calling stupid things "gay". Old habits die hard though. My apologies.

I wasn't taking issue with you - I understand the frustration.  We all need to be more patient I suspect. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn't taking issue with you - I understand the frustration.  We all need to be more patient I suspect.

I gotcha, and I didn't take it as you taking issue with me. Just taking the opportunity to say "my bad" to anyone that might have been offended. I'm far from being politically correct but I there are certain things I do try to refrain from saying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of the posters here might have tards for kids.  You need to watch what you say jdub. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of the posters here might have tards for kids.  You need to watch what you say jdub.

Clearly your parents have had at least one...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A step backward…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clearly your parents have had at least one...

Burn.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is the leader we have wanted a QB for a while now. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still waiting on that link 10lbbass…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still waiting on the link that said Glennon outplayed McCown in practice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Offseason-Interview-Mike-Glennon/156df9e0-acc1-46f5-9425-ad2bade4fc7b

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Geezus Christ, dude.....it's posts like these that amaze the hell out of me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Offseason-Interview-Mike-Glennon/156df9e0-acc1-46f5-9425-ad2bade4fc7b

you can see it in his eyes....he too sees the writing on the wall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but he knows what it says...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And that would be...?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"good thing i'm renting!!"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy under your right shoulder is Johnny Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luke was here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I hope Minnesota isn't that cold"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

haha!

Please wait…

Viewing 74 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.