Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• dexmonkey

Participant

that last series is why we need OL and not a qb early in the draft. every single player on our line should be worried about their job. 2 first down holds, runningbacks getting hit 5 yards behind the line and too much pressure on the qbif we can stop holding, whiffing blocks, and missing blocks it wont matter who is under center

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the holds was a WR but sure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

im sure you saw the pathetic effort by Joseph to block. just piss poor

• Anonymous

Inactive

the bucs need help on both sides of the line

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, I don’t buy it.  Our O-line isn’t great but DE and QB are bigger issues right now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

QB first.DE/OT next.

• Anonymous

Inactive

OL and DE and most of all Coaching StaffQB play is good enough to win games if we could do anything on defense and have coaches that knew how to use our players

• Anonymous

Inactive

im sure we will spend a 1st on a qb and we will still suck because we cant protect him and we cant stop anyone

• Anonymous

Inactive

A good QB makes his line better

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no. Agree with bradenton on this one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Top QB’s drafted change franchises.Top O-lineman drafted do not.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll just take a QB 1st and then OL later.But yes, OL needs to be improved

• Anonymous

Inactive

Top QB's drafted change franchises.Top O-lineman drafted do not.

Again, please tell me who that slam dunk franchise QB is. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tell me who the slam dunk any draft pick is?There is always risk in drafting quarterbacks.  Any position for that matter.

• Anonymous

Inactive

im sure we will spend a 1st on a qb and we will still suck because we cant protect him and we cant stop anyone

You don't have to spend 1st round picks to get good OLmen...you just have to actually TRY and draft OLmen...something Dom has refused to do.The premise of the thread is erroneous. There is no reason why we can't draft a QB with our 1st and still grab a few OLmen with the rest of our picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about the run blocking the last few games.Not bad for the worst O-line in NFL history.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There aren’t any good QBs in the top part of the first round anyways.Agree, don't select QB there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tell me who the slam dunk any draft pick is?There is always risk in drafting quarterbacks.  Any position for that matter.

Exactly. There is risk with every draft pick. Even OTs. The thing is, the reward with a QB can be much higher than that of any other positions if you hit. We are pretty much in the same position that the Panthers were in with Cam Newton. They had just taken Clausen with a mid round pick, but here was a guy sitting there at he top of the draft with so much more potential than anything they currently had. Was there risk? Hell yea..but they couldn't pass up on Cam. Teddy is a more polished passer than Cam and might even be considered a better prospect than what Cam was....If he is there when we pick, we can't pass him up, IMO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which is why, chace, our draft position is important.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need a DE more than Oline.Assuming we don't get Bridgewater... Give me Clowney/Barr in the 1st.Carr/Murray/Mettenberger/McCarron in the 2nd.TE/OL/WR later

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it will be a huge mistake to draft Bridgewater/Mariota.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it will be a huge mistake to draft Bridgewater/Mariota.

I think Bridgewater is the closest bet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thinking about jumping on the clowney train myself at this point.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta hope JAX wins more….We will before than though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thinking about jumping on the clowney train myself at this point.

I have Clowney at 2 and Bridgewater at 1 on my big board.dm_130425_nfl_draft_feature_caliendo_kiper.jpg

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give me Barr over Clowney. Dude will be as good as Von Miller, IMO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think so too.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater is too good to pass up in my opinion, but it will take the first pick to get him.  If we don’t get him I would prefer Glennon and a lineman (o or d, don’t care) over the other QBs available.  If we get the second pick and another team is in love with Mariota I would gladly ransom him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, I don't buy it.  Our O-line isn't great but DE and QB are bigger issues right now.

all 3 are great needs but you can find OLmen in the middle rounds.  Good QBs and good DE less so. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, I don't buy it.  Our O-line isn't great but DE and QB are bigger issues right now.

all 3 are great needs but you can find OLmen in the middle rounds.  Good QBs and good DE less so.

If we need a LT (not saying we do right now) then you dont usually find good ones in the middle rounds.  G/C/RT are good gets in later rounds for sure.  If we are confident that Dotson is our future at LT then I am find with waiting until later and taking DE if we miss out on Teddy.I have not watched Barr that much, but a lot are high on him here.  From what little I have seen, he appears to be more of a 3-4 rushing OLB rather than a strict 4-3 DE....would that be our best move if true? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Von Miller is a good example of why I'd rather see the team go with a quarterback.  We all saw how the Broncos did early this season without him.  Now imagine how they'd likely do if Manning went down.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are fine at LT though with Dotson and Penn in the mix.  We need Guards.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we need a LT (not saying we do right now) then you dont usually find good ones in the middle rounds.  G/C/RT are good gets in later rounds for sure.  If we are confident that Dotson is our future at LT then I am find with waiting until later and taking DE if we miss out on Teddy.I have not watched Barr that much, but a lot are high on him here.  From what little I have seen, he appears to be more of a 3-4 rushing OLB rather than a strict 4-3 DE....would that be our best move if true?

It's true you usually have to use a high pick on a left tackle, but you have to ask yourself am I going to get an appreciably better left tackle at #1 or #2 overall in 2014 than I'll get at #10 overall in 2015? Will I get a better player at another position at #1 or #2 overall in 2014 than I would at #10 overall in 2015?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Under no circumstance am I down with going OT in the high first in 2014.  Anything other than QB or a pass rusher would be a big fail. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's true you usually have to use a high pick on a left tackle, but you have to ask yourself am I going to get an appreciably better left tackle at #1 or #2 overall in 2014 than I'll get at #10 overall in 2015? Will I get a better player at another position at #1 or #2 overall in 2014 than I would at #10 overall in 2015?

I think we as fans play that game, but not sure NFL front office people do.  In their world it seems to be more focused on doing what you can NOW to win so that you have a tomorrow as a GM/Scout/Coach/etc.  Im fine with not taking OL until later if we feel Dotson is the future at LT.  That is just something I dont know...and given our FO evaluation of talent recently, they dont really have my complete faith at the moment.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we as fans play that game, but not sure NFL front office people do.  In their world it seems to be more focused on doing what you can NOW to win so that you have a tomorrow as a GM/Scout/Coach/etc.  Im fine with not taking OL until later if we feel Dotson is the future at LT.  That is just something I dont know...and given our FO evaluation of talent recently, they dont really have my complete faith at the moment.

Well, there's a reason some GMs have a 25-48 record.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Under no circumstance am I down with going OT in the high first in 2014.  Anything other than QB or a pass rusher would be a big fail.

I am of the same mindset, but say we win 3 games and miss out on Bridgewater/Mariota/Clowney/Barr....would taking Matthews at #5 be that bad?  I would also entertain a trade at that point too.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i wouldnt say we are fine at OT. Penn is up and down about as much as his weight and we have zero depth at OT if we sustain an injury. ignoring your OL can bite you in the ass very quickly

• Anonymous

Inactive

He would be like Von Miller in our defense.. He can play LB and can rush the passer on the passing downs. That dude can play in the 4-3 or the 3-4.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am of the same mindset, but say we win 3 games and miss out on Bridgewater/Mariota/Clowney/Barr....would taking Matthews at #5 be that bad?  I would also entertain a trade at that point too.

this is what im hoping happens. we either take Matthews or move off the pick and address other areas and grab a rd2 or 3 qb

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, there's a reason some GMs have a 25-48 record.

Bingo.  Although I think Dom has done a better job than his record indicates.  Not to where he is completely blameless in this, but if the owners hired Raheem and Schiano...its kind of hard to hold him completely to blame.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He would be like Von Miller in our defense.. He can play LB and can rush the passer on the passing downs. That dude can play in the 4-3 or the 3-4.

Would he be able to play strong side LB?  I will make an effort to watch him more, but sounding like why I wanted us to take Jarvis Jones last year before we traded for Revis.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not that I don’t like Mathews.  If he’s anything like his father and uncle he will play at a high level for a very long time.  Not completely convinced he is a LT though.  Regardless, after suffering through a season like this I want a little more impact with that top pick. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m against taking Matthews as well. A lot of our problems on the offensive line lie with the interior OLmen, and those can be had in the 2-4th rounds. If we aren’t going QB with our 1st rounder, it needs to be used on a (potential)pass rushing extraordinaire.

• Anonymous

Inactive

011d73099e6c5ed2e5988e61508d76e7046876e580b815730e454c52ab2e1d39.jpg

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we miss out on those 4 we should absolutely trade down.I would not be a happy camper, though.

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Offensive line >QB in the draft’ is closed to new replies.