Viewing 43 reply threads

• Author

• BucNCane

Participant

I love me some Doug Martin, but I can’t wait to see some formations with Jackson Evans Wright ASJ and either Demps or Sims. Talk about some skyscrapers on the line with speedsters in the back field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The possibilities are endless… Jackson, Evans, Jenkins, Demps, and Herron together would be almost UNFAIR to an opposing D. Their best option would be an all-out blitz, a play with a very low-percentage rate of success… ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m looking forward to being able to actually exectute screens for the first time in team history. I think our outside running game and screens will be much improved. I’m also really looking forward to our red zone offense. Imagine having either Martin/Sims in the backfield with those two huge WRs on the outside combined with any combination of our TEs…. that’s going to be fun. I’m looking forward to actually being able to score in the red zone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm looking forward to being able to actually exectute screens for the first time in team history. I think our outside running game and screens will be much improved. I'm also really looking forward to our red zone offense. Imagine having either Martin/Sims in the backfield with those two huge WRs on the outside combined with any combination of our TEs.... that's going to be fun. I'm looking forward to actually being able to score in the red zone.

Now that’s worth at least a dozen AMENs!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like the 2TE, 2 WR and 1 RB set. Very vanilla, very plain jane but with our personnel it makes the defense choose. With this formation we can be doing a variety of things. We can have the usual single set, we can have an i-formation set with Wright at FB and ASJ at TE or we can morph into any form of shotgun or single back set, hell even an empty formation. Our two WR are good match ups for any CB. Wright can separate from LB on a regular basis, we saw that last year. ASJ is also a size mismatch for a LB/S. We now have the personnel to create more match up problems. We let the defense play base or nickel and let the QB switch to the play that best takes advantage.  Side note, i had ASJ as my 2nd TE, I never REALLY thought we would draft him though. I'm pumped he's on our team. Guy is smooth, great body control and great hands. Not a burner but hell the guy is 6'7 and nearly 270lbs. He looks like a Jimmy Graham clone with the way he catches and runs routes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if the no-huddle is a big part of the plan here because running “12 personnel” would give them plenty of options in that regard…the big question is which RBs make the final 53? Could Dougie be trade bait?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am excited to see Martin and Sims together.. with Sims moving and setting up in the slot carrying a LB out with him. Good luck defending that….Also, spread with Sims and Evans, Jackson, ASJ and Herron. Focusing on Herron and Sims against the LBs or Safeties... If they play close then go over the top with Evans, Jackson and ASJ with a focus on ASJ down the seam....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if the no-huddle is a big part of the plan here because running "12 personnel" would give them plenty of options in that regard...the big question is which RBs make the final 53? Could Dougie be trade bait?

Martin is a pro bowl RB and he's barely been in the league. No way do you trade Martin. I think James is the odd man out, and don't expect Rainey to get any PT really. It's going to be Martin and Simms getting the carries with maybe a few designed plays for Demps, that is what I'm guessing anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike James doesn’t stand out or have unique skill set so he seems like the odd man out as the moment. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if the no-huddle is a big part of the plan here because running "12 personnel" would give them plenty of options in that regard...the big question is which RBs make the final 53? Could Dougie be trade bait?

I don't think so but there is a price on everybody.  Martin, Sim's and James IMO.  James has versatility and contributes on ST.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The possibilities are endless... Jackson, Evans, Jenkins, Demps, and Herron together would be almost UNFAIR to an opposing D. Their best option would be an all-out blitz, a play with a very low-percentage rate of success... ;D

Here we go again.Let's let these guys actually dress for a preseason game before we start talking about how uncoverable we are.Haven't we as Bucs fans learned our lesson?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think so but there is a price on everybody.  Martin, Sim's and James IMO.  James has versatility and contributes on ST.

That's the 3 I had in mind as well

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am normally more excited for 11 personnel with most teams, but with the personnel this team has, I am definitely looking forward to 12. Two 6’5″ giant receivers on the outside with a 6’4″ extremely athletic TE in Wright and another massive 6’6″ TE in Jenkins who’s also a very good in line blocker. Then Dougie back there. It’s going to be absurd trying to stop that offense. You’d be hard pressed to find any defense that has even 2 DBs who are 6+ and most are just 6′ to 6’1″. So, even when these insanely massive receivers are covered….they are not. It’s really going to be pretty much impossible to stop that grouping of guys. IF this guard situation can get sorted out, no way this isn’t at least a top 15-8 offense. So pumped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2 things: Does having taller receivers make you throw more high passes, therefore vulnerable to more int's?  Just a thoughtI thought I read where the current roster was expanding?  Did I just dream that? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personnel groupings I’m looking forward to seeing – finally02 - 2 TE, 3 WR12 - 1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR13 - 1 RB, 3 TE, 1 WR21 - 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR (Demps/Sims)22 - 2 RB, 2 TE, 1 WR (Demps/Sims)  (ASJ/Meyers)So many good options...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not so hung up on the formations because the possibilities are endless.  What I most want to see is an imposing, punishing and attacking offense. We’ve got the size outside and underneath to really lay some wood on CB’s and safeties.  We all covet a nasty defense but I clamor for the same on offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Size outside and Speed underneath…    I like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t expect Sims and Demps together… You need to keep defenses honest to the run which will be why Martin will be paired in those sets… I am excited to see Martin actually not have to run with 9 in the box

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personnel groupings I'm looking forward to seeing - finally02 - 2 TE, 3 WR12 - 1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR13 - 1 RB, 3 TE, 1 WR21 - 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR (Demps/Sims)22 - 2 RB, 2 TE, 1 WR (Demps/Sims)  (ASJ/Meyers)So many good options...

How can you now get excited about some of these possibilities?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It really is amazing to think of the different personnel groupings and the possibilities. The thing I'm really interested to see will be in the red zone, within 5 yard line and VJax/Evans out wide with ASJ in the slot. I really want to see how ASJ does in a Jimmy Graham type of role.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

More talented pass catchers (I assume them to be)= unpredictability for opposing defenses.  The excitement factor is maybe, juuuuuust maybe, our offense will control the tempo of the game for freakin’ once !!!Remember when if the opposing defense saw player x, they knew it was a run...  just that those days are hopefully gone is exciting for me. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want to see us run a decent screen for the first time in forever.It's so rare I put it on my bucket list.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yep lots of cool ideas. How about this formations. trips wr on the right with Vjax and Evans on the same side, with Sims, and then Murphy or Herron on the left.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want to see a no huddle in the red zone.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t wait to see our offense. Evans is a beast. VJack can still make big plays. Martin will be back. Count me in as one of the few guys who actually liked the Sims pick. I think he will be a good player for us and fans will learn to like him. Demps could be a guy who can make plays if he can stay healthy and commit to football completely. I think our team has a chance to be dangerous this season if our offense clicks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want to see us run a decent screen for the first time in forever.It's so rare I put it on my bucket list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BulXil2ROy4&feature=kpYou're welcome. Also, what if our offense meets "the one" this season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BulXil2ROy4&feature=kpYou're welcome. Also, what if our offense meets "the one" this season?

You're kid made you watch that too huh. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jackson and Herron on the left, Jenkins on the right side inline, Evans out right with Martin/Sims in the backfield.Should be fun

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure how Demps is even going to make the team now with another full-sized running back added to the mix.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL mostly 15 years of the west coast offense and we can't run screens for crap

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure how Demps is even going to make the team now with another full-sized running back added to the mix.

I hope he makes it before Eric Page and Chris Oowupsu

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WR – Jackson, EvansTE - Wright, ASJRB - MartinThis is going to be impossible to match up against

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown should rank in the top 10 for Red Zone touchdowns amongst QB’s this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown should rank in the top 10 for Red Zone touchdowns amongst QB's this year.

I agree and the upgrade in the Red Zone  O  should win us a few game this year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure how Demps is even going to make the team now with another full-sized running back added to the mix.

I hope he makes it before Eric Page and Chris Oowupsu

Need WR, not RB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It really is mind boggling how long it's been since this team ran effective screens...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It really is mind boggling how long it's been since this team ran effective screens...

Since?? When was the first time?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ill go with Mark Richt on this one…when asked what his favorite formation was.  His answer, “Victory Formation”. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…Copy the crap out of what the bears did with him.You do anything else, you're messing up a good thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The idea of seeing our defence get to play with a lead (and not be running constant stunts in obvious passing situations) is very exciting.  Clearly we have a better pass rushing group than last year and seeing them tee off could be really fun.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since?? When was the first time?

Didn't we run screens with Dunn, part I?

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8fHiK2nlTIThis screen pass worked out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

awesome video. I’ll be excited to see that healthy Doug back this season

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The worst thing about that video is Doug had to turn 180 to catch the ball…    I would definitely NOT want to see that happen in the future.    Put the damned thing in a spot where the back doesn’t have to stop and turn to get the ball !

Please wait…

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.