Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Our opponent Sunday was dissatisfied with their kicker after 3 games; apparently not so with Lovie and da Bucs…  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13773737/houston-texans-cut-kicker-randy-bullock-2-missed-pats

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing that I can come up with is, Lovie is looking long term with the Brin man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brindza is the only kicker in the league to attempt 4 50+ yard field goals.  More teams haven’t tried from that distance than have.  Brindza is 2 of 4.  Josh Scobee (also traded) is 2 of 4 from 40~49 range.  Bullock was 3 of 5 on extra points… the only kicker with 2 misses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our opponent Sunday was dissatisfied with their kicker after 3 games; apparently not so with Lovie and da Bucs...  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13773737/houston-texans-cut-kicker-randy-bullock-2-missed-pats

brindza was 8-9 on kicks the first 2 games.  do you cut a young guy for a single bad game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both Barth and Forbath tried out with the Texans, with Novack winning the job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kicking FGs IMO is 10% skill and 90% mental. When I was in college I was watching the kickers on our football team practice. I was invited to give it a try as they knew me from the soccer team. Once I got the timing down it was not bad. Then we started to have a little fun with it by putting bets on the kicks. Just  knowing something was on the line effected my kicks. BTW this is the same reason I’m not really good at golf. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Paraphrasing a little bit here…A kicker once told Head Coach John McKay that he got nervous when McKay watched him at practice.  McKay said, "I plan to be at all the games."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Paraphrasing a little bit here...A kicker once told Head Coach John McKay that he got nervous when McKay watched him at practice.  McKay said, "I plan to be at all the games."

Classic. It's true. There are hundreds of kids that can pump the ball through the uprights all day in practice, but only a select few can do it with 60,000 screaming fans and the game on the line.That is why I liked Baarth so much a few years back. He had a good stroke and nothing fazed him. He was clutch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m hoping Murray is getting healthy. Maybe sign him anyway just for insurance in case the B man continues to struggle, since we let RB Mike James go yesterday?  Nothing against the B man, but he had a history of inconsistancy when we signed him…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our opponent Sunday was dissatisfied with their kicker after 3 games; apparently not so with Lovie and da Bucs...  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13773737/houston-texans-cut-kicker-randy-bullock-2-missed-pats

As others mentioned, bullock has been struggling for a while. Brindza had one bad game. I guarantee you a repeat performance and Lovie will replace him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not throwing the baby out with the bath water after one bad game.

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.