Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

I don’t play the markets anymore since I retired, but I thought I would let you all know, gasoline is about to jump radically.gold-oil-barrels-5913492.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you would live in Germany you have to pay about 7,5$ per gallon.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

It could get that bad here, real fast.I seriously do not understand how a family of four who makes less than $300k per year, can hang on.  college, computers, phones, tablets, internet, cars, pool, insurance, summer home, savings, keogh, mortgage, vacations, charity, food, gas.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could get that bad here, real fast.I seriously do not understand how a family of four who makes less than $300k per year, can hang on.  college, computers, phones, tablets, internet, cars, pool, insurance, summer home, savings, keogh, mortgage, vacations, charity, food, gas.....

Don't you know the American way? Charge it!The system is designed to get people in debt and keep them in debt. By the time the average person turns 30 they have credit card debt, a mortgage, student loan debt, and most likely an auto loan or two. It's no way to live life, unfortunately in America that is life.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Gas prices going up in summer? That’s unheard of.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

not summer related whatsoever..and to that end..they have not fluctuated that much this summer.  I’m talking about a fast and dramatic spike.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Don't you know the American way? Charge it!The system is designed to get people in debt and keep them in debt. By the time the average person turns 30 they have credit card debt, a mortgage, student loan debt, and most likely an auto loan or two. It's no way to live life, unfortunately in America that is life.

until they start teaching people how to earn money, and get real about economics, I think you may be right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve said many times that if college were truly about preparing someone for life, the curriculum would reflect that. Most people don’t know how their credit card interest rate works, how their mortgage works etc. None of this is by accident, it’s the intentional dumbing down of Americans that has been an ongoing process for awhile now. I know many many people, college graduates that I grew up with, that are just as worthless and brain dead now as they were before attending college. We’re without a doubt the dumbest nation on the planet, probably ever, so they’ve succeeded in that area. The next step to an easily controlled society is to disarm everyone, that phase of the plan has been in motion for awhile now, only a matter of time.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I've said many times that if college were truly about preparing someone for life, the curriculum would reflect that. Most people don't know how their credit card interest rate works, how their mortgage works etc. None of this is by accident, it's the intentional dumbing down of Americans that has been an ongoing process for awhile now. I know many many people, college graduates that I grew up with, that are just as worthless and brain dead now as they were before attending college. We're without a doubt the dumbest nation on the planet, probably ever, so they've succeeded in that area. The next step to an easily controlled society is to disarm everyone, that phase of the plan has been in motion for awhile now, only a matter of time.

When I was a kid, I saw some guy on a tv show say that you need to pay yourself a 10% tax on everything you spend.  If you can't do that, then you cannot purchase what you wanted to purchase.  When I started making regular money at 19, I started doing what he said.  It's hard to start, and the later in life you start, the harder it is.  I was already very comfortable by my late 20's.  It's such a ridiculously simple idea, and it works. Every expenditure you make, you pay yourself 10% on, first!  food, gas, car, power, water, groceries, insurance, rent, home, everything.  You will be stunned at the cash you accumulate in a decade.  Continue to do that until you are ready to retire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Price jump based on what?

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

I've said many times that if college were truly about preparing someone for life, the curriculum would reflect that. Most people don't know how their credit card interest rate works, how their mortgage works etc. None of this is by accident, it's the intentional dumbing down of Americans that has been an ongoing process for awhile now. I know many many people, college graduates that I grew up with, that are just as worthless and brain dead now as they were before attending college. We're without a doubt the dumbest nation on the planet, probably ever, so they've succeeded in that area. The next step to an easily controlled society is to disarm everyone, that phase of the plan has been in motion for awhile now, only a matter of time.

When I was a kid, I saw some guy on a tv show say that you need to pay yourself a 10% tax on everything you spend.  If you can't do that, then you cannot purchase what you wanted to purchase.  When I started making regular money at 19, I started doing what he said.  It's hard to start, and the later in life you start, the harder it is.  I was already very comfortable by my late 20's.  It's such a ridiculously simple idea, and it works. Every expenditure you make, you pay yourself 10% on, first!  food, gas, car, power, water, groceries, insurance, rent, home, everything.  You will be stunned at the cash you accumulate in a decade.  Continue to do that until you are ready to retire.

How about just putting 10% of your earnings into your 401k each year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is sad some people here don’t understand the OP original comment.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

How about just putting 10% of your earnings into your 401k each year?

Generally, people won't do that consistently.  It wont stop needless spending.  It wont foster good spending habits.  Most 20 year olds don't have retirement accounts. Many also may be self employed.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

It is sad some people here don't understand the OP original comment.

More sad, I'm kind of getting used to it here.Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I am starting to see this board, predominantly, is an amalgamation of blue collar workers, unemployed shut-ins, and kids. Thankfully there is a small contingent of people with a good sense of humor and an intellect.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.