Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• BucsNoles4Life

Participant

Split from another thread. This guy clearly has not lived up to his billing as a first round pick. He’s flashed potential in games but has finished every season on IR. This year, he’s had a chance to step up in Gronk’s absence and has failed to do so. His rookie contract is up at the end of this year.

The question is, do you bring him back at a decent salary or move on from him? I say move on. Brady has maybe one more year left after this and I can see Gronk coming back for that one more year. Brate is a solid #2. The beauty is the 2022 draft class is deep with tight ends, and I mean DEEP. The Bucs could snag a Pro Bowl caliber tight end in the third or even fourth round to learn under Gronk next year then unleash in 2023.

• seekpar

Participant

I’ve been pushing for the Bucs to get rid of him for the past two years or so.

As Denny Green might say “He’s not what we thought he was!”

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He should of been traded years ago. It’s beyond time to move on.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

He’s getting like 7 snaps so idk anymore if it’s the injury or he’s in the doghouse or what…

But I do know that he blocks well and is far more athletic than Brate.

In the end someone will likely overpay for his potential… maybe Jax or Chicago

• BadabingBucs

Participant

He’s getting like 7 snaps so idk anymore if it’s the injury or he’s in the doghouse or what…

yeah he wont be re-signed this offseason that’s for sure

there’s probably 15 other guys on the TO DO list prior to even considering him for a vet min deal

plus he probably wants to get a fresh start somewhere else anyway where he’d get more playing time

i dont think he has the same bond that most of the guys do since he was out for the superbowl run

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He can’t hold Brates jock.

• Boid Fink

Participant

OJ is MIA

• Mic

Participant

Just not a football player for a big fast guy he should have been a d end

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He was awesome at Bama. How were we to know he’d suck in the NFL

• kenntak

Participant

Did he play at all against the Colts, seriously, I don’t remember seeing him in the game?

• Lawdy

Participant

9 snaps

• seekpar

Participant

9 snaps as “The Invisible Man”

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he will be much more productive elsewhere.

Think he’s simply in the doghouse…

He’ll never live up to his 1st round status unfortunately… which is why drafting positions like RB or TE or S in the first comes with some major risk.

Those positions are bettered suited in rd 2-3.

• Greattimes

Participant

drafting positions like RB or TE or S in the first comes with some major risk.

Drafting any position in the first round is a major risk. There have been a lot of busts at all positions taken in the first round.

• BChaves8

Participant

The guy tore his Achilles a year ago. That is a year + recovery time. No surprise that he lacks burst.

What did people expect out of him this year?

Its too bad he looked poised to have a nice year prior to the injury.

He will be gone next year and I hope he regains some of his burst and does well for another team.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by BChaves8.

• BucsNoles4Life

Participant

The guy tore his Achilles a year ago. That is a year + recovery time. No surprise that he lacks burst.

What did people expect out of him this year?

Its too bad he looked poised to have a nice year prior to the injury.

He will be gone next year and I hope he regains some of his burst and does well for another team.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by BChaves8.

It’s unfortunate that this year is a contract year for him.

• kenntak

Participant

That’s true, but one could say it’s good for the team though.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Keep in mind he is trying to come back from an injury most players don’t with success.

• nybuccguy

Participant

I know im in the minority, but id like to have him back for the right price. Gronk will only be here another year or two max.

• seekpar

Participant

You probably want Matt Gay back too. C’mon man, Howard needs to go regardless.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.