Viewing 147 reply threads

• Author

• The Buddy Hobbs

Participant

But who is?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The DuckThe career criminalYou take your pick but I would take either one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But who is?

f17ff7c5ef2b35e22d4df1d255bdf97bacd5fce6feffa4a0aeafe1cff9e2e39f.jpgBout danged time you woke up and sniffed the glue..... ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have not been one to throw Glennon under the bus but trended to give him a chance, but today was the first time I felt he mailed it in. Maybe not quite mailed it in, but there were plays where I felt he was thinking of his own physical well being rather than going 100% for the team. Saw a couple of plays last week as well which I did not see last year, but was willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I think he is becoming a bit gun shy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow you finally caved? Now we need 10lbRod to join.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lbtoast never admits to being wrong. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m out, too. Can’t defend his play today. He had everything he needed to win and just blew it. QB of the future, my ass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lbtoast never admits to being wrong.

I bet he made a new account. :P

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Do you even need to ask that question ??I run a 4.4  and have a laser quick release . You can pick me or the big dumb oaf who moves around like a baby horse in slow motion and is in the news for doing something stupid every 5 minutes. Choice is yours Buc fans.E pili mau na pomaika`i ia `oe

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have not been one to throw Glennon under the bus but trended to give him a chance, but today was the first time I felt he mailed it in. Maybe not quite mailed it in, but there were plays where I felt he was thinking of his own physical well being rather than going 100% for the team. Saw a couple of plays last week as well which I did not see last year, but was willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I think he is becoming a bit gun shy.

yeah, he needs to start sticking his neck out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But who is?

The backup in Cleveland.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But who is?

[img width=200 height=200]https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10553576_10203782423056109_5139126229138574796_n.jpg?oh=3f724304fe3c19591bf945d1e108ae11&oe=54F7F4DA[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But who is?

The backup in Cleveland.

Who can't beat out Brian Hoyer? Really?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you even need to ask that question ??I run a 4.4  and have a laser quick release . You can pick me or the big dumb oaf who moves around like a baby horse in slow motion and is in the news for doing something stupid every 5 minutes. Choice is yours Buc fans.E pili mau na pomaika`i ia `oe

When I watch Winston play I keep asking myself what is the difference between him and Freeman? With that said Freeman was quite good when he was the big fat Freeman that weighted 270lbs, yet managed to run around and make plays. Thats what Winston reminds me of. Of course we already had Freeman and could have kept him if that Jersey trash didn't destroy him as a player and run him out town.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But who is?

The backup in Cleveland.

Most rookies don't start on winning teams, look into it. Regardless we would at least have a reason to want to watch the team, there would be an air of excitement and people would actually talk about the Bucs. Instead we're stuck with 2 terrible choices at QB and no hope for this year.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

But who is?

The backup in Cleveland.

That smurf makes me laugh . I'm so glad I'm not 5 foot Nothing like Manziel.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

When I watch Winston play I keep asking myself what is the difference between him and Freeman? With that said Freeman was quite good when he was the big fat Freeman that weighted 270lbs, yet managed to run around and make plays. Thats what Winston reminds me of. Of course we already had Freeman and could have kept him if that Jersey trash didn't destroy him as a player and run him out town.

It's a valid question . Only difference I can see is Winston is hooked on stupid instead of Molly.Oh and he's still fat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Acquire Manziel, draft Winston. Do freaking something already. I forgot what the playoffs were…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

75FuwpA.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

75FuwpA.png

There is plenty of hot girls here he can have sex with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are both winners.Draft either one.  But make sure you draft one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is my top choice. If we pass on him, I’m done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston man. Easy choice. He just wins. A leader of men with all the tools. Swagger out the wazoo. Just what this team needs to get pulled out of it’s losing ways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mailed it in??Hit VJax right in the arms when was getting mugged by d-back.Completed 4th down pass to Mike Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=241 height=200]http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20140906&Category=SPORTS0202&ArtNo=309060020&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Michigan-State-Oregon-preview-Ducks-QB-Marcus-Mariota-deadly-efficient[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I won’t say he mailed it in. Mailing it in says I quit. I will say he played a really awful game today in not horrible weather conditions. Excuses are limited for his performance today. Missing open guys high when you’re 6’6″ or whatever he is inexcusable. Getting balls batted down at 6’6″ is inexcusable. Not hitting a single WR in stride all freakin day as an NFL QB is inexcusable. End this abomination of a season already, get us to April, draft a QB and an o line to protect him.  Oh, and get a freakin OC and DC with a clue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll take either one.  Both have some issues…Jameis seems more ‘pro-ready’, but comes with more than a couple off the feld issues that make you question his maturity.  Then again…all he does is win…and he does have on-field charisma and swagger…have we ever seen that in Tampa?    Mariota may be more raw coming from the spread system…but seems smart and mature…and is a dynamic player.  I won’t even pretend to know who has the greater chance of success…so much of that depends on where they end up and who they are surrounded by and coached by…but I know that either one of them would bring excitement to Tampa that Glennon just isn’t going to provide…and could possibly make the Bucs feel relevant again.  Because it’s beyond the fact that they are a losing team….they’re just damn boring. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s an idiot, but I’d still take the chance on Jameis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt, I think you cant go wrong with either Jameis or Mariota. I feel Jameis just has “it”. The guy has put his team on his back time after time. You can never count Fl St out of a game, and its all Jameis. For Mariota, Im love his tools and athleticism, but Im concerned he may be a product of a system. That spread option, one read Oregon O pumps out offense even before Mariota got there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll take either one.  Both have some issues...Jameis seems more 'pro-ready', but comes with more than a couple off the feld issues that make you question his maturity.  Then again...all he does is win...and he does have on-field charisma and swagger...have we ever seen that in Tampa?    Mariota may be more raw coming from the spread system...but seems smart and mature...and is a dynamic player.  I won't even pretend to know who has the greater chance of success...so much of that depends on where they end up and who they are surrounded by and coached by...but I know that either one of them would bring excitement to Tampa that Glennon just isn't going to provide...and could possibly make the Bucs feel relevant again.  Because it's beyond the fact that they are a losing team....they're just damn boring.

Yep, I try to remind people that you watch football because its entertaining. You're not on the team, you're not on the field, you're a fan and you pay and watch because its supposed to be entertaining. The Bucs are not entertaining, they're boring and dull. Hell at this point sign Tebow, if he doesn't win a game for us oh well, that helps us get a top pick - but regardless at least people would actually care about the team. Winston does very much worry me, I just see Freeman when I watch him play, I'm not sure he translates well to the NFL. BUT I didn't think Cam would do anything either, so I have my fair share of misses as well. We should have drafted Johnny this year. WR's don't win football games unless they're Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson and Evans won't ever be either of those, he'll be V Jackson - which is good, but not good enough to overcome a crappy QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lose for Winston. Somebody come up with something clever!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rape us for the Rapeus?Yes I know that's not how it is spelt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#WinNoneForWinston

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bag for the crab

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#PutNoMoreWinsOnTheBookWeWantTheCrook

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#whoreout4winston

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#WinMinimalForTheCriminal

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put forward bad tape so tampa girls can get raped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you win. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#WeWantJerramyStevens2.0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you win.

Boom !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike had a rough day I will admit. Every QB has those days now and then. There are still games left to be played. I will continue to support him. I’m not worried about any college QB half way through the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike had a rough day I will admit. Every QB has those days now and then. There are still games left to be played. I will continue to support him. I'm not worried about any college QB half way through the season.

well......there's one. Me thinks we see McCown next week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike had a rough day I will admit. Every QB has those days now and then. There are still games left to be played. I will continue to support him. I'm not worried about any college QB half way through the season.

A reasonable attitude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In your world that makes sense I'm sure. You would rather have the unknown instead of the known showing progression the rest of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^This^

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

But who is?

The backup in Cleveland.

Bingo!

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Lose for Winston.

I wouldn't pick Winston with a 7th round pick.  Screw that loser. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We might not have a choice and have to pick up whichever one hasn’t been picked yet. But really, Mariota or Winston, I don’t care. Both have tons of upsides and both have some risks. But use the first pick on a QB then go OL, DL, S, OL.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Mariota is the only QB in this draft even worth considering.  Only an idiot would even consider Winston.  He’s Jamarcus Russell all over again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Comparing Russell to Winston in not fair to Winston at all. Winston has to be the most cerebral QB coming out since Luck which is something you could not have said at all about Russell. Jamarcus had all the physical attributes but there wasn’t much going on up top.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston reminds me of Molly Freeman.Even wears the same #5...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is the superior talent and person over Winston. That being said, I’ll take either one at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol Again, I don’t get the terrible comparisons. Other than the size and physical attributes Freeman and Winston are completely different types of QBs. Winston’s biggest strength is his mental game. And that was Freeman’s biggest fault outside of his off-field garbage. Freeman couldn’t read an NFL defense at an NFL speed and he rarely went through his progression. Think back at how many times Freeman looked off a safety and then threw a receiver open. Winston has been doing that since game 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has to be the most cerebral QB coming out since Luck which is something you could not have said at all about Russell.

Yet he fails to pay for crab legs when he leaves Publix. Maybe he needs an OC to lead him to the checkout line so he can pitch the store a few dollars.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has to be the most cerebral QB coming out since Luck which is something you could not have said at all about Russell.

Yet he fails to pay for crab legs when he leaves Publix. Maybe he needs an OC to lead him to the checkout line so he can pitch the store a few dollars.

LMFAO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure what the point of that post was other than a sad attempt at humor. What he does on the field is hardly deterred by Crab-Gate. I just find it funny that some people have to cling on to that to bring down Winston’s ability.I don't even want Winston on this team but that's just weak man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMFAO

I second that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure what the point of that post was other than a sad attempt at humor. What he does on the field is hardly deterred by Crab-Gate. I just find it funny that some people have to cling on to that to bring down Winston's ability.I don't even want Winston on this team but that's just weak man.

Huh? This post wasn't made to bash anybody.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In your world that makes sense I'm sure. You would rather have the unknown instead of the known showing progression the rest of the season.

What we're getting is regression.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure what the point of that post was other than a sad attempt at humor. What he does on the field is hardly deterred by Crab-Gate. I just find it funny that some people have to cling on to that to bring down Winston's ability.I don't even want Winston on this team but that's just weak man.

Because not paying for the crab legs makes him either dumb or a thief. Those are the facts. By cerebral you are referring to his intellect. This is his ability to think in a logical way. What am I missing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because not paying for the crab legs makes him either dumb or a thief. Those are the facts. By cerebral you are referring to his intellect. This is his ability to think in a logical way. What am I missing?

Don't forget all of the other dumb ish he's done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we have the option to chose between Mariota and Winston, then this season was a major success in a different sort of way. This would be a tough but fun decision and I’ll probably change my mind on who I rank 5 times or more between now and the draft, but right now I have Winston as the top guy. Give me some of that lazer accuracy with elite ball placement, and spot on deep ball throws.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I called him a cerebral QB not a cerebral person. He acts like an immature college kid off the field but plays like an NFL -Caliber QB when on it. Winston still hasn’t lost a game and will likely be drafted top 10 next year. Those are the facts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never did i type that i wanted to see McCown. Why would i want that when Glennon is making sure we sit atop the draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not regressing. He is what he is.. that’s all. That’s not regression. This is most likely his level.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

I hope we go back to McCown. I think he gives us a better chance to finish 0-8.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure about that. He could get luke warm and screw this up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Let me clear this up a little. I was referring to progression the rest of the season rather than the unknown of how a college guy will play at the NFL level.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

I'm not sure about that. He could get luke warm and screw this up.

True. Someone mentioned Kafka. That is probably our best bet.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis has done stupid things. And I get the fact that due to in state rival bias a large number of people assume he was guilty (not saying he was or wasn’t). But as an FSU fan I can tell you, that if the Bucs draft him you will all love him. Having him on your team is special. FSU has been down by pretty large margins lately, but when he is at quarterback you are never out of it. The dude is just a gamer. He knows how to win. So talk your sht now, but be ready for him to win you over if he ends up here.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

If we draft Winston, I will most likely abandon my 28 year love affair with the Buccaneers and find a new team. That kid is a fool and I’m pretty sure he is a rapist too. I could not muster enough fandom to go through that saga.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we draft Winston, I will most likely abandon my 28 year love affair with the Buccaneers and find a new team. That kid is a fool and I'm pretty sure he is a rapist too. I could not muster enough fandom to go through that saga.

I agree with this... other than the leaving part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Let me clear this up a little. I was referring to progression the rest of the season rather than the unknown of how a college guy will play at the NFL level.

This didn't clear much up...

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

If we draft Winston, I will most likely abandon my 28 year love affair with the Buccaneers and find a new team. That kid is a fool and I'm pretty sure he is a rapist too. I could not muster enough fandom to go through that saga.

I would never recommend that anyone else should jump ship. I am just at my wits end with this franchise, and if they were to use a top three pick on Winston, then I don't think I could support it anymore. One man can only take so much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

This didn't clear much up...

I think she is saying she would prefer Glennon to get better over the second half of the season so we don't have to draft an unknown talent coming out of college. I'm also sure I will hear about it from her if I'm wrong. I have a wife.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would never recommend that anyone else should jump ship. I am just at my wits end with this franchise, and if they were to use a top three pick on Winston, then I don't think I could support it anymore. One man can only take so much.

We won't miss you at the Superbowl parade.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

It's losers like you who make this team suck. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are going to have to explain this one to me. Should he beg the dude not to leave as a fan?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Care to explain?

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Big Ben is still  playing and if you read the report on that investigation way more evidence against Ben especially from the Doctor who noted the injuries ……either way draft a qb worst case the QB pushes Glennon out the door or back into a a starting role ..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

What's the over/under on progression? We have seen Glennon now for many games, some of which were very winnable, and under two different regimes. Have we really seen anything that would make you say "oh no, skip that potential franchise QB if he is there ... we're set at QB"?It's not like Glennon has not been given a chance. The table was set for him and he's fallen short ...and yesterday he fell short on his own, with the team arguably playing well enough to win. A good QB probably has 2 maybe 3 more TDs. We got overthrows, missed throws and interceptions often TO OPEN RECEIVERS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gentlemen, and gentlewomen, just settle down. Mike had a bad game today, he was inaccurate for most of the day and left a lot of yards on the field. One bad game is no more of an indictment on him than a good game. No decision is made off of one game, or at least it shouldn’t be. You continue to let him play the year out like planned and make the best decision you can at that point.Typical Red board. Not even a knee jerk reaction, more like a flying front kick reaction. Just settle down and let it play out.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

Big Ben is still  playing and if you read the report on that investigation way more evidence against Ben especially from the Doctor who noted the injuries ......

So your argument would be it is ok for us to have a rapist as our quarterback because Big Ben got away with it? That is not a standard I am willing to lower myself to, even if it results in wins. Things like morals and compassion for humanity are more important to me than a sports game.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

Gentlemen, and gentlewomen, just settle down. Mike had a bad game today, he was inaccurate for most of the day and left a lot of yards on the field. One bad game is no more of an indictment on him than a good game. No decision is made off of one game, or at least it shouldn't be. You continue to let him play the year out like planned and make the best decision you can at that point.Typical Red board. Not even a knee jerk reaction, more like a flying front kick reaction. Just settle down and let it play out.

He has started 20 games now so despite your many excuses, this is not a knee jerk reaction. People have seen enough to form an educated opinion and the vast majority of fans and media alike, agree he is not the answer. You are the one living in a fantasy when it comes to Mike Glennon.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Big Ben is still  playing and if you read the report on that investigation way more evidence against Ben especially from the Doctor who noted the injuries ......

So your argument would be it is ok for us to have a rapist as our quarterback because Big Ben got away with it? That is not a standard I am willing to lower myself to, even if it results in wins. Things like morals and compassion for humanity are more important to me than a sports game.

No , Please take time to read what i said and read the reports....Ben there was medical evidence of a rape ..Winston's case there was eye witnesses and the evidence didnt add up ... prisons have tons of men who have been falsely accused and convicted that is why i read the reports to make a judgement .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

What's the over/under on progression? We have seen Glennon now for many games, some of which were very winnable, and under two different regimes. Have we really seen anything that would make you say "oh no, skip that potential franchise QB if he is there ... we're set at QB"?It's not like Glennon has not been given a chance. The table was set for him and he's fallen short ...and yesterday he fell short on his own, with the team arguably playing well enough to win. A good QB probably has 2 maybe 3 more TDs. We got overthrows, missed throws and interceptions often TO OPEN RECEIVERS.

Maybe he did fall short on his own today, but in at least 2 other games since he became the starter again Glennon did enough to win the game, and the D blew it for the team. I'm not ready to give up on Glennon until the season is over and the entire team has had the opportunity to maybe sort itself out. It is more than likely that today can be pinned on him playing badly, but it's not like any other QB has had a bad day. Those with a good team around them can still win, those without don't usually. Until the end of the season I am still hoping we get more wins and that Glennon can get better, if he doesn't then I may be persuaded that another option is needed, but with all the holes still on this team I don't think a QB is going to be the answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Typical Red board. Not even a knee jerk reaction,

yeah, we need to see him for at least 21 or 22 games, maybe under three different systems and perhaps under three different coaches . . just to be fairKidding aside, there was little BEFORE the Browns game to suggest that Glennon was a franchise QB.  There's even less after the Brown game. Glennon had a GOLDEN opportunity to show the world that he was the future - a weak opponent, road game, the Bucs able to run, some defense ---- and he failed miserably.There's no overreaction. It's just one game . .  of the 20 or so that Glennon has had to prove he is a franchise QB. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Maybe he did fall short on his own today, but in at least 2 other games since he became the starter again Glennon did enough to win the game, and the D blew it for the team. I'm not ready to give up on Glennon until the season is over and the entire team has had the opportunity to maybe sort itself out. It is more than likely that today can be pinned on him playing badly, but it's not like any other QB has had a bad day. Those with a good team around them can still win, those without don't usually. Until the end of the season I am still hoping we get more wins and that Glennon can get better, if he doesn't then I may be persuaded that another option is needed, but with all the holes still on this team I don't think a QB is going to be the answer.

Glennon played exactly the same way he has all season

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Maybe FREEMAN did fall short on his own today, but in at least 2 other games since FREEMAN became the starter again FREEMAN did enough to win the game, and the D blew it for the team. I'm not ready to give up on FREEMAN until the season is over and the entire team has had the opportunity to maybe sort itself out. It is more than likely that today can be pinned on FREEMAN playing badly, but it's not like any other QB has had a bad day. Those with a good team around them can still win, those without don't usually. Until the end of the season I am still hoping we get more wins and that FREEMAN can get better, if he doesn't then I may be persuaded that another option is needed, but with all the holes still on this team I don't think a QB is going to be the answer.

edited for reality check purposesNo doubt the team has holes etc, but many on this board (including me initially) used to talk about Freeman getting us in a position to win only to have the D let the team down.  The problem with that line of thinking -- and yesterday was a great example of this -- is that the only reason the game is even close at the end is because Glennon (just like Freeman) sucked during most of the game. So, its really the other way around, the defense and the running game were performing and Glennon failed to capitalize . .  just like Freeman used to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we have a big enough sample size now to see he’s not much better than a back up in this league. I would have him start the rest of the games to really know what he is but I don’t think it’s going to change. Draft Winston or Mariotta as they are the best coming next year. Give them a chance. I’m not convinced that they are the answer but what choice do we have?

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

Glennon’s game against the Saints a few weeks back might have been the best game of his career. It was a good game for him, but it was not great and we still lost. That is the problem. He has had 20 games now and he has never had a single amazing game. No dominant performances where he takes over and makes you say “Wow! This kid is special!” He’s never even had a three TD game. His absolute best to this point in his career…is occasionally pretty good, and as much as some of you would like to, you can not settle for just being pretty good occasionally.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon's game against the Saints a few weeks back might have been the best game of his career. It was a good game for him, but it was not great and we still lost. That is the problem. He has had 20 games now and he has never had a single amazing game. No dominant performances where he takes over and makes you say "Wow! This kid is special!" He's never even had a three TD game. His absolute best to this point in his career...is occasionally pretty good, and as much as some of you would like to, you can not settle for just being pretty good occasionally.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So does everyone finally see how the lack of YAC is a QB problem and not a WR problem?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m fine with waiting until 2016 draft to get a QB if an elite LT or pass rushing DE is available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So does everyone finally see how the lack of YAC is a QB problem and not a WR problem?

That play right before Mike Evans' second TD... if he had hit VJax in stride, that would have been a huge play... he had no one around him for 10 yards.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Winston won’t be able to help us win when he’s being suspended by the Bucs/NFL. Florida State covers for this guy, which does and will continue to give him a sense of entitlement when he goes pro. You guys know me. I want to see us draft a franchise QB more than anything, but not Winston. He also makes a lot of mistake throws in college that he simply won’t get away with in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes QB accuracy is can be a problem, so can't our WR not separating, so can't not having dynamic people holding the ball. Yes one of many problems we currently have.I'm sure insert Marcus Mariota and all is good with the bucs offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon's game against the Saints a few weeks back might have been the best game of his career. It was a good game for him, but it was not great and we still lost. That is the problem. He has had 20 games now and he has never had a single amazing game. No dominant performances where he takes over and makes you say "Wow! This kid is special!" He's never even had a three TD game. His absolute best to this point in his career...is occasionally pretty good, and as much as some of you would like to, you can not settle for just being pretty good occasionally.

Correct, he's a classic game manager - at his very very best he could perhaps one day be Brad Johnson - which isn't a bad thing if you have that SB defense. However in 2014 you really need a playmaker on offense, someone that can get you 1 yard when the game is on the line. Glennon isn't helped by the offensive playcalling, it's predictable, simple and not modern, but at the same time he hasn't shown that he is anything special - or even very good. The kid isn't a winner and you can't put the game on his back and expect him to pull out victories, even in Pittsburgh he had the ball down at the goalline and threw an incompletion, it was only through Pitt's terrible clock management he got a second chance. I wouldn't mind Glennon as being a backup as he would be a very good to excellent 2nd string QB, but as a starter he's a below average starter and I'm not really sure how much better he will get. Obviously in a better offense, a modern offense with a better line he could put up better numbers, but that won't change the fact he's not a clutch player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis will make us famous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I posted this in another thread but worth doing so again:@IKaufmanTBO: Mike Glennon of the Bucs (45.8) is the only rated QB in the league hitting on less than 50 percent of his pass attempts on third downThe word ONLY in there is key. Yes the line has issues and the WRa might have issues but seriously no other QB has those issues?  Is is just another metric where he is at the bottom, or near it, of the food chain for all NFL QBs.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I don’t get why everyone thinks Winston’s off-field problems are the end of the world and yet thought there was no problem with drafting Manziel last Spring.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well two things, one Manziel’s character bothered a lot of people. Two, Manziel was never accused of things like theft and rape just being a douchebag and violating some NCAA rules.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

winston300.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well two things, one Manziel's character bothered a lot of people. Two, Manziel was never accused of things like theft and rape just being a douchebag and violating some NCAA rules.

bingo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gentlemen, and gentlewomen, just settle down. Mike had a bad game today, he was inaccurate for most of the day and left a lot of yards on the field. One bad game is no more of an indictment on him than a good game. No decision is made off of one game, or at least it shouldn't be. You continue to let him play the year out like planned and make the best decision you can at that point.Typical Red board. Not even a knee jerk reaction, more like a flying front kick reaction. Just settle down and let it play out.

knee jerk? One game? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!I've been of the mindset that he should play out the season however i read something today that has cause me to rethink that. If Licht agrees with me...that Glennon sux and won't get better, he might be better served to bench him now and now allow him to kill any shot at a trade in the off-season. The more he plays, the more his value drops.....in my eyes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Things like morals and compassion for humanity are more important to me than a sports game.

Not me..... i wanna win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Licht agrees with me...that Glennon sux and won't get better, he might be better served to bench him now and now allow him to kill any shot at a trade in the off-season. The more he plays, the more his value drops.....in my eyes.

I'd like to keep him around as a back up. He'd be solid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more he plays, the more his value drops

Yep, I bet the Redskins is kicking themselves for not selling high with Cousins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So if Mariota goes before we pick what would you do?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think I've been anything but knee jerk . I've been very patient , wanted to give him more time , and even rooted for and defended him.But no I think I've seen enough . He's not the guy. Although we should keep him around because he's exactly the type of QB you want as a backup. He could come in , not make a lot of dumb mistakes , and give the team a chance to to still win .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think I've been anything but knee jerk . I've been very patient , wanted to give him more time , and even rooted for and defended him.But no I think I've seen enough . He's not the guy. Although we should keep him around because he's exactly the type of QB you want as a backup. He could come in , not make a lot of dumb mistakes , and give the team a chance to to still win .

Just curious... but over these past 2 seasons, isn't it common knowledge that the coaches on the offensive side of the ball are and have been terrible?  We're throwing this kid under the bus because he's had terrible coaching, limited surrounding talent, and terrible game planning?  Look, I'm not saying the kid will be a franchise QB, I'm simply saying that no second year QB under these circumstances would succeed.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

“The Glennon Cannon” is no more?  :'(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just curious... but over these past 2 seasons, isn't it common knowledge that the coaches on the offensive side of the ball are and have been terrible?  We're throwing this kid under the bus because he's had terrible coaching, limited surrounding talent, and terrible game planning?  Look, I'm not saying the kid will be a franchise QB, I'm simply saying that no second year QB under these circumstances would succeed.

So, you'd pass on Mariota or Rapey Crabs and roll with Glennon for yet another season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, you'd pass on Mariota or Rapey Crabs and roll with Glennon for yet another season?

that may be the funniest sig since Buggsy's Freeman gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are a bunch of factors that go into answering that question that just aren't available yet.-Unless we get pick #1 there is no guarantee either is available.-We haven't seen everything on the other guys there.  If there is a Bruce Smith type of guy available he will be considered.  Also there may be another QB that grades out better than most expect (like Bortles did).-Many people have no interest in Rapey Crabs due to his off field antics-Glennon may show improvement (there is a lot of football left- it is possible)-Mariota and/or Winston may freefall for whatever reason.  Remember last year at this time Bridgewater was the best player in the whole draft, but he almost made it out of the first round.There are just way too many variables at play here for anybody to etch their choice in stone.  Even if we finish the season and decide Glennon isn't the guy what if Winston and Mariota are not available?  Do we go with the 3rd best QB or the best at another position?  Saying that you love player X is fine, but the people saying they won't support the team if they don't draft player X or position Y are a little premature.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lb is that you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The choice is ours? I wasn't aware....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll answer your question with a question to you... Let's say your opinion of Mariota is that he's another E.J. Manual and Winston is another Pac-Man Jones, would you draft one of them or roll with Glennon for yet another season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pac Man played QB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait, so we shouldn’t draft bad players?  Of course, we can play that game with Gregory as well what if he is the next coming of Aaron Maybin?  Now, Lovie going back to Drago says Lovie is an idiot who is mismanaging the QB spot, twice quite honestly now, so my faith that he will make the right pick is stunningly low.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait, so we shouldn't draft bad players?  Of course, we can play that game with Gregory as well what if he is the next coming of Aaron Maybin?  Now, Lovie going back to Drago says Lovie is an idiot who is mismanaging the QB spot, twice quite honestly now, so my faith that he will make the right pick is stunningly low.

You railed on Glennon non-stop while he was a starter, arguing with anyone who saw promise that there was none . The fact that you are now acting like it's a big deal he is benched is laughable.The way you saw Glennon's future , this move shouldn't bother you much at all .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pac Man played QB?

I'm comparing the caliber of the "person".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait, so we shouldn't draft bad players?  Of course, we can play that game with Gregory as well what if he is the next coming of Aaron Maybin?  Now, Lovie going back to Drago says Lovie is an idiot who is mismanaging the QB spot, twice quite honestly now, so my faith that he will make the right pick is stunningly low.

I'm giving my opinion and stating the reasons.  I'm not saying they're fact.  I don't think Mariota is a franchise QB, so I don't think they should draft him.  I think Winston is a jail sentence waiting to happen, so I don't think they should draft him.  If you feel that way about the top DE's or LT's in the draft, that's perfectly fine.  I'm not going to say you're wrong.That, plus what has Lovie EVER done with a QB situation (including this disaster), that leads you to believe that any QB he drafts would succeed?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You railed on Glennon non-stop while he was a starter, arguing with anyone who saw promise that there was none . The fact that you are now acting like it's a big deal he is benched is laughable.The way you saw Glennon's future , this move shouldn't bother you much at all .

I think everyone believes that McCown is worse than Glennon... regardless on their opinions of Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But once again , if Glennon has no future anyways , why would it upset you ? The season is over regardless and neither guy is the future starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think everyone believes that McCown is worse than Glennon... regardless on their opinions of Glennon.

I thought that about a month ago.  now not so sure.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

I have Mike Evans on my fantasy team.  I was going to start him if Glennon was QB.    With McCown at QB, Evans goes to the bench.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have Mike Evans on my fantasy team.  I was going to start him if Glennon was QB.    With McCown at QB, Evans goes to the bench.

Too bad we don’t trade for Manziel.  If he was our QB Id draft Evans first overall next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think I've been anything but knee jerk . I've been very patient , wanted to give him more time , and even rooted for and defended him.But no I think I've seen enough . He's not the guy.

what side dish goes well with crow??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In my experience Hawaiian cuisine goes wonderful with crow.Onipa a' , Skippy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone has to catch the 150 yards and 1 TD that McCown will throw in garbage time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks, i value your expertise when it comes to devouring crow. Bon appetit!

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Too bad we don’t trade for Manziel. 

They still should.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Another dollar in the pot from the peanut butter boy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another dollar in the pot from the peanut butter boy

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand your need for suggestions . Afterall , you are the dumb ass who was going around demanding we fire Gruden and then draft Brady Quinn . LMAO !Bon appetit , indeed, Skippy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought that about a month ago.  now not so sure.

There's 0% chance that McCown will ever improve or be good.  While there are no guarantees for Glennon, his chances are significantly higher than McCown's.  This isn't a playoff team.  What does anyone gain by having McCown play over Glennon.  To me, this is a move that says 'Lovie fears he will get fired and he feels that McCown gives him the best chance to win'.  That move is reason enough to fire him.  It's obvious he has no clue what's going on when it comes to offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's 0% chance that McCown will ever improve or be good.

He was very good last year

Lovie fears he will get fired and he feels that McCown gives him the best chance to win

I disagree that he fears that he will get fired, but I think there is definite pressure from ownership to win now, and that is what is driving the change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand your need for suggestions . Afterall , you are the dumb ass who was going around demanding we fire Gruden and then draft Brady Quinn . LMAO !Bon appetit , indeed, Skippy.

Uh oh.....he mad!!LOLZ**insert stupid gif here**

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's 0% chance that McCown will ever improve or be good.

He was very good last year

Yeah, and who was his HC again?  Also, the surrounding talent he had makes this look like a college team.

Lovie fears he will get fired and he feels that McCown gives him the best chance to win

I disagree that he fears that he will get fired, but I think there is definite pressure from ownership to win now, and that is what is driving the change.

So pressure from management to win now doesn't equal fear that he'll get fired?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So pressure from management to win now doesn't equal fear that he'll get fired?I think the pressure from management is consistent with their expectations from the offseason.  The brand was relaunched, and they want quick wins to support it.  JMO of course.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So pressure from management to win now doesn't equal fear that he'll get fired?

I think the pressure from management is consistent with their expectations from the offseason.  The brand was relaunched, and they want quick wins to support it.  JMO of course.And if they don't get those wins quick... then what?  They fire Lovie, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless he commits to drafting a QB, they should fire him!!!

Please wait…

Viewing 147 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.