Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• CaptainStagger

Participant

Would you feel more comfortable if we had taken Jake Fisher and AJ Cann instead of Smith and Marpet?I know it's a pointless question but the thought seems to pop into me head often.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would you feel more comfortable if we had taken Jake Fisher and AJ Cann instead of Smith and Marpet?I know it's a pointless question but the thought seems to pop into me head often.

has anyone seen those two play?  has anyone paid attention to every practice report of those two and every one on one in practice?  does anyone know what team they play for?as far as i know one is currently a backup for the bengals, one is a backup for the jags.  guess we'll see fisher monday!from what we've heard and seen, im not sure anyone should pick cann.  people have hated dsmith at LT and never given him a chance, so im sure half the folks would pick fisher, even though im not sure his game translates to the offense we are running.  i dont know alot about him, ,but id think hed be a ZBS guy coming from a school like oregon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Post this again in 3 years. Too early to say right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a chance based on Marpet alone. I’ve heard nothing but good things about him.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

No, but I would have took a shot at Lael Collins.  How pretty are the cowboys sitting right now?!?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marpet is balling.  Donovan Smith is playing out of position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked the D.Smith pick, the marpet pick was a surprise but I was ok with it. But stopping there is what I was not pleased about, and the Licht saying we would put Smith at LT made me nervous.In a redo, I would do the same thing but I would draft TJ Clemmings after Marpet. and D.Smith would be playing guard. Marpet would be competing with EDS at center. Our line would like like this:Dotson, Mankins, EDS/Marpet, D.Smith, TJ Clemmings/Pamphile.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we picked Clemmings with the next pick wouldn’t we have missed out on getting Alexander? I know we need Oline, but Alexander right now looks like an All-Pro pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, but I would have took a shot at Lael Collins.  How pretty are the cowboys sitting right now?!?

This once again! I would have grabbed Collins in the 5th-7th. I might have even made a trade for an extra pick in the 4th for him. Dallas got a steal as an UDFA let's hope they give up on a solid OLineman or try to sneak someone on the PS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked the D.Smith pick, the marpet pick was a surprise but I was ok with it. But stopping there is what I was not pleased about, and the Licht saying we would put Smith at LT made me nervous.In a redo, I would do the same thing but I would draft TJ Clemmings after Marpet. and D.Smith would be playing guard. Marpet would be competing with EDS at center. Our line would like like this:Dotson, Mankins, EDS/Marpet, D.Smith, TJ Clemmings/Pamphile.

True! I thought we stopped too early on OLineman also. I might have even used a 5th-7th (La'El Collins) on another. Though I'm really excited about KWON a Max Garcia or another tackle would have been nice too!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

>:( this!…i had just gotten over this till i read this comment reminding me the draft again…now I'm sad all over again

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On some days I honestly feel like the Red Board would perform better long term drafting results. A FB over a shot at a day 2 tackle!?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

>:( this!…i had just gotten over this till i read this comment reminding me the draft again…now I'm sad all over again

It's been said a million times. Collins agent said if he doesn't get picked by round 2 he would refuse to sign. So please everyone stop saying a 5-7 for Collins. He never would have signed even if we drafted him. Taking Marpet, over Cann, was the move that startled me. Cann was considered a top guard with a full successful resume against top talent. He was considered an instant starter. Marpet has always been a project.  The reports have all been good on Marpet, so maybe we made the right call. So far Smith has looked aloof at tackle.Slow and lead footed. He is the size of Carl Nicks, and I think LG fits his skill set better. I liked the pick, if they had traded back but at the time it ft like he was a reach.Time will tell.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would’ve drafted Gabe Jackson instead of Charles Sims… and then spent the Marpet pick on Owa Odiggy.  No problem with Marpet but we should’ve solidified an oline spot last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

didn’t change my mind on Collinshttps://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1324524.30.html

passing on a shot at La'el Collins for Joey Iosefa or Kaelin Clay when your biggest need is Oline... still can't believe L&L did it!

https://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1324501.30.htmlhttps://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1324561.0.html

if you're Collins why sign for the bucs when you can sign in NO or for a contender?(the bucs draft Smith and Marpet in the 2nd round and pass on me)like i said during the draft if the bucs want the kid, you should use a late draft pick, offer a 3-year deal and promise a one-year extention later who makes the 4-year contract total value worth $6-7M... if he take the deal you win 1st round talent for a late draft pick, if he pass and want to re-enter the draft in 2016, you loose one late draft pick (you know the Robert Herron, Mike James, Michael Smith, Drake Dunsmore, Allen Bradeford, Anthony Gaitor, Daniel Hardy...).the rich get richer, the poor get poorer... hope he doesn't end signing in NO or Carolina!

and i like our two OL pickshttps://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1324478.0.html

It's been said a million times. Collins agent said if he doesn't get picked by round 2 he would refuse to sign. So please everyone stop saying a 5-7 for Collins. He never would have signed even if we drafted him.

all bluffhttp://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/15/lael-collins-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-murder-investigation

Was it a bluff?“We can put it on the record now: We were never going back in the draft,” Smith says of waiting for the 2016 draft. “If someone had drafted him, we would’ve had a long, long discussion about it, but at the end of the day you can’t go back in the draft. He could get injured, gain weight, or 10 great tackles could come out. Too many risks.”

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.