Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• TCB2W!

Participant

I was talking to my good friend who is a Dolphins’s fan. I was reading the PFF grades for starting QBs after the draft (hint Brady was second to Mahomes) and they had Tannehill at #12. I mentioned to him about picking Derrick Henry in the 2nd round in 2016 and he said Adam Gase was their coach so they still would have sucked.

That got me thinking. We picked Noah Spence. I wonder what our seasons would have been like with Henry in our backfield during the Jameis years. Less shots down the field, more single coverage on Evans, defense not on the field so long, less touches by the other team. Interesting to think about.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Spence, aguyao, justin evans. Some awful round 2 wastes.

Some absolute studs tho too! Smith, marpet, awj,

Every year every team has multiple could’ve should’ve would’ves.

Always have, always will.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Smith isn’t a stud just because he had a solid half season.

Amazing timing to have his best play, but his total body of work sucks.

That said, maybe some of it was Aimless Jameis

• TCB2W!

Participant

Oh I agree, and if it wasn’t the off-season I wouldn’t even care. I was just thinking that one pick would have transformed our team.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Oh I agree, and if it wasn’t the off-season I wouldn’t even care. I was just thinking that one pick would have transformed our team.

Hindsight is always 2020. The muscle hamster was coming off a 1500 yard season, so running back was not a need at the time. No one could’ve foreseen what would happen to him.

• kenntak

Participant

I agree that hindsight is 2020, and that other teams make many mistakes too. However, the Aguyao was a bonehead selection at the time, and in hindsight.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

That was a boneheaded pick because of the position he played. Even more of a boneheaded pick, it was dropping a big turd in the punch bowl.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

Winston Championed Aguyao with Licht that off season. It was the last time Jason listened to Jameis on personnel decisions.

• seekpar

Participant

wINsTon still would have been a TO Machine regardless of Henry in the backfield. He just plain enjoys giving it to the other team, and then saying over and over that he can’t do that.

• BucWonder

Participant

Doug Martin was coming off a 1400 yard season. No way the Bucs draft a RB with a premium pick.

Go Bucs!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Smith isn’t a stud just because he had a solid half season.

Amazing timing to have his best play, but his total body of work sucks.

That said, maybe some of it was Aimless Jameis

Top 5 LT last year. Hes in my top 10 until proven otherwise.

Top 10 LT may not say “stud” but most teams would be thrilled with a league average LT. We have a young(ish) franchise LT. I’m beyond happy with D Smith.

• TBChucky

Participant

Brady definitely makes him look more capable and serviceable..

• Boid Fink

Participant

Winston never got better at anything. He was the same QB game 1 as a rookie (first pass a pick 6), as he was as a veteran whose last pass for the Bucs was also a pick 6.

He just never improved any of his abilities beyond what they are, and his weaknesses became glaring and cost the team game after game after game after game after game, etc.

Henry might have reduced his turnovers a little, but Henry mught have fizzled with the run blocking being sub par, and Winston not scaring defenses enough to stray from zero coverage.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.